Gen 2 Should Snorlax, or Similar mons be suspect tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk, this sounds like a waste of time if you're looking for a permanent change. at least compared to something like... more snorlax testing.
From the Borat post in the Item's Clause thread.

I agree with Borat 1000% on what he said being a waste of time for a item clause. What is really important here is Snorlax. Or is it Snorlax? That is the question when concerning Snorlax.

Is Snorlax a problem if we say unban... Mew?

Is Snorlax a problem if we unban Celebi?

What do these two pokemon bring to the GSC OU metagame?

Mew being a unstoppable sweeper with poor typing and Celebi being roughly a good Miltank/Blissey changeup. I say roughly because Celebi is far better.

Do these two pokemon being added to the GSC OU metagame make Snorlax 'fair'? Would the increase in Machamp Cross Chops/Heracross into Snorlax/Celebi/Mew on a bad switch make GSC more fair?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
A suspect test would just fall flat to be honest. You just don't have the massive volume of old-gen battles to really make that an option. The most recent old-gen tiering change was Ingrain Smeargle in ADV, and that was something that was seen as "dirty" anyway and which was only really a problem once it was being abused a lot in tournaments.

I personally think Snorlax is pretty borked in GSC, so much so that I brought up this similar topic a while back. If balance and implementing consistent tiering criteria across generations are the primary concerns then sure, I'd love to see it gone. But it really isn't feasible to make that happen in a manner that doesn't just seem arbitrary at this point, plus it's a major change that would kinda spit in the face of the tiering stability that makes old gens attractive in the first place. Same downsides come with letting Ubers down to OU, only with none of the upside of balancing the tier.

Go read that thread though, this kind of thing has been discussed before and it'd be nice to not just keep having the same old-gen tiering "proposals" trotted out, especially with no real substance and nothing but questions in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)