Showdown What If Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me & a group of others are starting a Pokemon Showdown custom what if sets the rules are relatively simple.

-The Rules For Posting-

-Please Put [PSWI] Besides the pokemon name in the title so we know that this is Showdown.

-Please Post sets that make SENSE! Nothing that makea no sense like Ferrothorn w Flash Fire

-The Pokemon can have a altered ability and or a move but it has to make SENSE!

-Please Describe the reason for choosing the ability and or the move such as using the Pokedex Entries, Appearances, Alternate Forms, Or Stats

-Explain in at least 2 sentences what effect this will have on the metagame. Will the pokemon be placed in a higher tier, Will ot ne able to stand up to the pokenons weakness will he a better set up sweeper or a bulky tank.

-Anyone who posts a set and someone uses it please use their name such as saying DdogTheKing made this set and say this is for Showdown What Ifs A Project we started. You may post this link here explaining the situation.

-The Battles will be any tier with 4 Pokes, and 2 Altered Pokes with abilities and or moves.

Tiers

Ubers
OU (OverUsed)
UU (Underused)
RU (RarelyUsed)
NU (Neverused)
LC (Little Cup)

-Wonder Guard on anything is automatically banned.

Here is a Example of how it should be posted.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers [PSWI]
Original Traits: Marvel Scale, Cute Charm (DW)
Altered Trait: Multiscale (What If?)
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Icy Wind

Then explain how you chose the ability or the new move.

"Its lovely scales are described as rainbow colored. They change color depending on the viewing angle. " Pokemon Platinum Pokedex Entry.

If anything in my opinion Milotic will be more of the used UUs. Or head up to OU with that extra 50% bulk you probably can not OHKO and a neutral stage of anything. You have a better shot at burning things with Scald and lowering some Speed with Icy Wind.

Want to join the project? Simply post it here. And Upload a Showdown battle and link me to it via YouTube or post it or PM it.

-Maybe I would make a tier listing of all the pokemon and maybe some might just be upgraded. I will need help with this however.

-More Examples.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb (What If?)
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator (What If?)
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something like this would probably be best suited for the "Other Metagames" section of the forums. I don't know if it would even be allowed there, though. Maybe you could try it.

Something like this would probably be best suited for the "Other Metagames" section of the forums. I don't know if it would even be allowed there, though. Maybe you could try it.
This has to go on here. This is suitable for Showdown only.. I have plans to maybe extended it over to Wifi Battles but that is a long ways away.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Now that this is in Other Metagames, I can give it a proper introduction! This seems like quite an interesting metagame with top OU Pokemon running around with altered abilities. Sweepers like Keldeo and Salamence could add Magic Bounce to their repertoire to avoid status moves. Heatran could get Chlorophyll and Growth - imagine facing THAT in Sun! Speaking of Sun, Heatran can also run Drought - bye Ninetales! Politoed it out too, with Thundurus-T, Gyarados or even Ferrothorn running Drizzle. Weatherless could get a decent buff too. Enter Slaking. Huge Power Slaking was banned from Balanced Hackmons for a very good reason! What about Swift Swim Slaking as a Rain counter? Could Magic Bounce Slaking be the ultimate stallbreaker. Sturdy Shedinja suddenly exists too, although that still dies to hazards and status.

No offense, but didn't he say the sets had to make sense? I mean, I completely understand Drought Heatran, or Drizzle Thundurus-T, but Magic Bounce or Swift Swim Slaking don't really fit with what it is, nor Drizzle Ferrothorn.

Heracross to learn Sap Sipper - He is the epitome of the term "sap sipper" and he would make an excellent check to Breloom, Ferrothorn and Amoonguss, especially Breloom as it is immune to spore and bullet seed!

Weavile to learn Technician - She seems to be the ideal example of a pokemon that makes the most out of "low power moves" and adding Technician to her arsenal makes her much more of a threat and gives OU a chance to deal with pokemon such as Latios more easily!

Aerodactyl to learn Brave Bird - It is definitely more of a bird than other pokemon that learn Brave Bird... And giving it a STAB to make use of its ability would be a step in the right direction against trollfreak.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This OM is quite similar to OU All Abilities, which I don't know if was posted on OM recently.

Heracross to learn Sap Sipper - He is the epitome of the term "sap sipper" and he would make an excellent check to Breloom, Ferrothorn and Amoonguss, especially Breloom as it is immune to spore and bullet seed!

Weavile to learn Technician - She seems to be the ideal example of a pokemon that makes the most out of "low power moves" and adding Technician to her arsenal makes her much more of a threat and gives OU a chance to deal with pokemon such as Latios more easily!

Aerodactyl to learn Brave Bird - It is definitely more of a bird than other pokemon that learn Brave Bird... And giving it a STAB to make use of its ability would be a step in the right direction against trollfreak.
-This makes perfect sense. And to be completely honest I have both Weavile & Heracross with the same ability! Aerodactyl with Brave Bird does sound like a good idea actually

Now that this is in Other Metagames, I can give it a proper introduction! This seems like quite an interesting metagame with top OU Pokemon running around with altered abilities. Sweepers like Keldeo and Salamence could add Magic Bounce to their repertoire to avoid status moves. Heatran could get Chlorophyll and Growth - imagine facing THAT in Sun! Speaking of Sun, Heatran can also run Drought - bye Ninetales! Politoed it out too, with Thundurus-T, Gyarados or even Ferrothorn running Drizzle. Weatherless could get a decent buff too. Enter Slaking. Huge Power Slaking was banned from Balanced Hackmons for a very good reason! What about Swift Swim Slaking as a Rain counter? Could Magic Bounce Slaking be the ultimate stallbreaker. Sturdy Shedinja suddenly exists too, although that still dies to hazards and status.
-You do remember that part where I said it has to make sense roght? None of these submissions make no sense, Making sense would be like Primeape with Iron Fist. Makes Perfect sense correct?

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
-You do remember that part where I said it has to make sense roght? None of these submissions make no sense, Making sense would be like Primeape with Iron Fist. Makes Perfect sense correct?
Sentences need to make sense too.

On topic, who's being the judge of what makes sense and what doesn't make sense? You? What if something is perfectly logical and you just don't agree with it, where's line etc.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sense is entirely subjective. Besides, there are a lot of things that don't make sense in the actual games (Solarbeam Cryogonal, pretty much everything that isn't Fire or Dragon that learns Flamethrower, Xerneas's ability to stand [look at those antlers and tell me it isn't top-heavy], and some curious move illegalities on things like Flareon and Wormadam-G).

Gyarados is a semi-mythical sea serpent, and those can summon their own rain sometimes. Heatran is a big fat walking fire tank. I don't see how either of those Pokemon "don't make sense" with Drizzle/Drought respectively (although since Heatran is rather volcano-based, maybe Sand Stream would be better for it...)

Sense is entirely subjective. Besides, there are a lot of things that don't make sense in the actual games (Solarbeam Cryogonal, pretty much everything that isn't Fire or Dragon that learns Flamethrower, Xerneas's ability to stand [look at those antlers and tell me it isn't top-heavy], and some curious move illegalities on things like Flareon and Wormadam-G).

Gyarados is a semi-mythical sea serpent, and those can summon their own rain sometimes. Heatran is a big fat walking fire tank. I don't see how either of those Pokemon "don't make sense" with Drizzle/Drought respectively (although since Heatran is rather volcano-based, maybe Sand Stream would be better for it...)

Drought on Heatran maybe. But Sand Stream you may have to explain that one.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Volcanos kick up soot.

With that being said, are you looking at creating a metagame out of this, because if so it might be a bad decision (balance-wize) to go based on pure public input?

Volcanos kick up soot.

With that being said, are you looking at creating a metagame out of this, because if so it might be a bad decision (balance-wize) to go based on pure public input?
-I am kinda looking into making a metagame. But that won't happen no time soon.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

:happybrain: [PSWI] :happybrain: Breadtic @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard (What if?)
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Icicle Crash
- Shell Smash (What if?)
- Hydro Pump (What if?)
- Slack Off (What if?)

i think beartic should get the wonder guard because it is very icey and ice makes mystical protection with the aurorua and shit

it will meake beartic better and i wi can finally use it on teams with politoed

it has hydro pump because bear is swim and get swift swim; so i think i t should get hydro pump

also it gave the shell smash to the beartic because it tehicelly has a hard shell fo fur that covers it body it can smash it get speed attack boost sweep

it has slack off because bear is lazy

(I'm sorry lol)

canno

formerly The Reptile

[PSWI] slaking @ lif orb
Trait: pur pwr (What If?)
EVs: 240 ATK/251 SPE/21 HP/5SPA
- ExtremeSpeed (What If?)
- Close Combat (What if?)
- Yawn
- Slack Off

slaking should get pur pwr bcuz well look at slaking's arms. he looks pwrful, like he's pure with pwer (which is why i chose pur pwr)

i think it should also get close cmbat because slaking looks like it would do good at combat in close ranges thanks to its huge arms and pwr (again, why i chose pur pwr again)

xtreme sped is there becuz i lik extreme speed and slaking is an exteme pokemon and it cn probably swing frm tree to tree really fast and its cool. it also has base 100 speed, which is fst, so slakin is fast and he's xtreme so he should get extreme speed. it would also be cool bcuz then slakin could get used more in OU wich is cool.

btw I'm sorry if I broke any rules. :[

lol @spelign this thread. It is under to standart.

Anyway, here is my submission:

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb [PSWI]
Original Traits: Pressure / Lightningrod (Unreleased)
Altered Trait: Drizzle (What If?)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hurricane (What if?)
- Roost / HP Water (lol)
- Volt Switch / Agility (with leftovers / life orb)

First of Hurricane makes perfect sense on Zapdos, just as much as on the other two birds. Zapdos most likely did not get it because Gamefreak did not want to give STAB on Hurricane and Thunder. (They might have some sense of balance, lol) Anyway, Zapdos has the power to create thunderstorms at will, just by flying. That does sound like making it rain, right? Besides, it even learns rain dance by level up. No need for HP Ice, You got Hurricane, and HP Water will punish rock types in rain.

Giving Zapdos these two traits will most certainly put it into OU, just look at Politoed. Zapdos is quite bulky with a recovery move, has high SpA and the moves to abuse rain, making this a really fiercesome foe when given this ability. Thunder and Hurricane are obligatory STAB and the only things you need with a choice item. Roost should be used with leftovers or life orb, as should agility. Volt Switch to escape Tyranitar is a huge plus too.

If anything, this should most likely replace Politoed, as it brings the rain and abuses it/ Using Zapdos instead of Politoed means you can more freely use other water types to abuse the rain and not stack weaknesses.

EDIT: This pokemon should actually need more than one set. One choice sweeper, one life orb set, and one defensive set. If need be, I'd make them.

:happybrain: [PSWI] :happybrain: Breadtic @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard (What if?)
EVs: 252 ATK/252 SPE/4 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Shell Smash (What if?)
- Hydro Pump (What if?)
- Slack Off (What if?)

i think beartic should get the wonder guard because it is very icey and ice makes mystical protection with the aurorua and shit

it will meake beartic better and i wi can finally use it on teams with politoed

it has hydro pump because bear is swim and get swift swim; so i think i t should get hydro pump

also it gave the shell smash to the beartic because it tehicelly has a hard shell fo fur that covers it body it can smash it get speed attack boost sweep

it has slack off because bear is lazy

(I'm sorry lol)
Wonder Guard/Magic Guard doesn't make sense.
Beartic lacks a shell to even smash -.-
Hydro Pump is maybe a toss up.
Slack Off makes sense cause Polar Bears are lazy..

[PSWI] slaking @ lif orb
Trait: pur pwr (What If?)
EVs: 240 ATK/251 SPE/21 HP/5SPA
- ExtremeSpeed (What If?)
- Close Combat (What if?)
- Yawn
- Slack Off

slaking should get pur pwr bcuz well look at slaking's arms. he looks pwrful, like he's pure with pwer (which is why i chose pur pwr)

i think it should also get close cmbat because slaking looks like it would do good at combat in close ranges thanks to its huge arms and pwr (again, why i chose pur pwr again)

xtreme sped is there becuz i lik extreme speed and slaking is an exteme pokemon and it cn probably swing frm tree to tree really fast and its cool. it also has base 100 speed, which is fst, so slakin is fast and he's xtreme so he should get extreme speed. it would also be cool bcuz then slakin could get used more in OU wich is cool.

btw I'm sorry if I broke any rules. :[
You maybe wanna make this make more sense. Cause I can't read this.

lol @spelign this thread. It is under to standart.

Anyway, here is my submission:

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Life Orb [PSWI]
Original Traits: Pressure / Lightningrod (Unreleased)
Altered Trait: Drizzle (What If?)
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hurricane (What if?)
- Roost / HP Water (lol)
- Volt Switch / Agility (with leftovers / life orb)

First of Hurricane makes perfect sense on Zapdos, just as much as on the other two birds. Zapdos most likely did not get it because Gamefreak did not want to give STAB on Hurricane and Thunder. (They might have some sense of balance, lol) Anyway, Zapdos has the power to create thunderstorms at will, just by flying. That does sound like making it rain, right? Besides, it even learns rain dance by level up. No need for HP Ice, You got Hurricane, and HP Water will punish rock types in rain.

Giving Zapdos these two traits will most certainly put it into OU, just look at Politoed. Zapdos is quite bulky with a recovery move, has high SpA and the moves to abuse rain, making this a really fiercesome foe when given this ability. Thunder and Hurricane are obligatory STAB and the only things you need with a choice item. Roost should be used with leftovers or life orb, as should agility. Volt Switch to escape Tyranitar is a huge plus too.

If anything, this should most likely replace Politoed, as it brings the rain and abuses it/ Using Zapdos instead of Politoed means you can more freely use other water types to abuse the rain and not stack weaknesses.

EDIT: This pokemon should actually need more than one set. One choice sweeper, one life orb set, and one defensive set. If need be, I'd make them.
Well.. I have never seen or heard rumors of Zapdos making it rain at all.. It would have been better if it got Volt Absorb imo.

Hurricane makes prefect sense cause Articuno & Moltres got it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[PSWI] Alakazam @ Leftovers
Naetur: Modest and Timid (cuz realay thes are the same thing)
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def (cuz he is smrt)
Inner Fokus
Moves:
-Psykick
-Blast Burn
-Recover
-Areoblast
-Shadow Rush
-Hyper Beam

I no that Pokemon are supposed to have only 4 moves, but alakzam is smrt so he shuld have more since his brain is good. I figure his will help him kill everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)