move 4: Toxic / Rest
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Impish / Relaxed
ivs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA / 0 Spe
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

• Power Split is this set's main move
  • Power Split evens out Shuckle and its opponent's attacking stats, much like Pain Split does with HP
  • 0 attack ivs takes full advantage of Power Split's effect
  • After Power Split, Shuckle will have much more usable offensive stats
  • Earthquake is good for pounding away at opponents
  • Stone Edge hits Flying-types and also get STAB
  • Gyro Ball can be used over either attacking move to take advantage of Shuckle's pathetic speed
  • If using Gyro Ball, run 0 speed ivs and a Relaxed nature
  • Toxic is always good for stalling, but Rest could also be used so it can heal and continue to cripple the opponent with Power Split
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• Wrap can be used in the second or third slot to trap the opponent after they are crippled by Power Split
  • If you opt to run Rest, a Chesto Berry is viable
  • One can run both Toxic and Rest over one of the attacking options if desired
  • Shuckle is generally best on a Sand Team for the Special Defense boost, but if it is being used outside of sand, then an ev spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def with a Careful or Sassy nature could be used
  • Because of its Stealth Rock weakness, Shuckle enjoys Rapid Spin support. Starmie is a good choice, as it can use Thunderbolt to take care of Waters and Surf to beat Rocks that threatan Shuckle, and it also resists Steel. Tentacruel is also a good choice, as it can absorb the Toxic Spikes that would otherwise cripple Shuckle if it isn't running Rest, and can also set up its own T-Spikes, freeing up Shuckle's last moveslot, plus it can also beat Scizor, something Starmie cannot do because of its Bug weakness
[SET]

name: Wall
move 1: Toxic
move 2: Rest
move 3: Encore / Power Split
move 4: Wrap / Earthquake
item: Leftovers
ability: Sturdy
nature: Impish
ivs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

• A less offensive version of Shuckle
  • Toxic is its main move, it's a very immpressive Toxic Staller
  • Encore can lock opponent into a support move, giving you a free switch or a safe turn to Toxic
  • Wrap can prevent opponent from switching, allowing Shuckle to Toxic them to death or force them into a support move
  • Rest is its only form of recovery
  • Power Split is a very good choice over Encore, as it is the one thing that really makes Shuckle stand out in OU. If using Power Split, than it is an option to use Earthquake over Wrap, as after a Power Split it will do reasonale damage, and will prevent Shuckle from becoming Taunt fodder
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• A Chesto Berry is still viable with Rest, although since Shuckle is acting as more of a Wall here it will miss out on Leftovers recovery
  • Again, if used outside of Sandstorm, an ev spread of 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def can be used
  • The aformentioned Specially Defensive spread could be used in Sandstorm if you'd like Shuckle to be a major special wall
  • Earthquake / Stone Edge could be used, although wthout Power Split, Shuckle will be doing minimal damage to anyhing
  • Knock Off could be used in one of the last 2 slots to remove Choice Items, Eviolites, etc.
  • Shuckle still requires the same Rapid Spin support on this set because of its SR weakness and so that its Sturdy stays intact
  • Sweepers such as Scizor or Rotom-W are good partners for Wall Shuckle as they can take its weaknesses and enjoy finishing off trapped, Toxic-weakened Pokemon with Choiced U-turn or Volt Switch
[OTHER OPTIONS]

• Shuckle as a shallow movepool without many other options
  • It can set up Stealth Rock if your team really need it
  • Rock Blast can be used over Stone Edge / Rock Slide if you worry about Substitute users
  • Shuckle can attempt to run a Toxic stalling set with Substitute and Protect, though this is generally outclased by Gliscor
  • Gastro Acid combined with Wrap can cripple Pokemon that rely on thier abilities, such as Poison Heal Gliscor or Serene Grace Jirachi
  • Body Slam could be used for its paralysis chance, but it's not reccomended
  • An Accuprssure set can be run, although it's a gimmick at best
  • Finally, a set utilizing Bide and Wrap could work, but it's not that good
[Checks and Counters]

• Because of its sky-high defenses, Shuckle counters are few and far between
  • On the Power Split and Wall sets, Toxic is the best move if Shuckle doesn't know Rest, as it will be crippled for the Rest of the match. The same goes for Will-o-Wisp on the Power Split set
  • Skarmory is amongst one of the best Shuckle counters, as it has resists / immunities to all of Shuckle's attackes, and can phaze it away with Whirlwind to rack up Stealth Rock / Spikes damage
  • Multiscale Dragonite is also a good counter, as it can severly damage shuckle with a bossted Waterfall, although it fears Stone Edge
[Dream World]

• Shuckle's dream world ability is Contrary. While this could be useful to gain a boost from a move with a stat-lowering chance such as Shadow Ball, Sturdy is usually the better option as it acts as a built-in Focus Sash, something Shuckle really enjoys.

I dont really think Shuckle is viable in OU. Sure, Shucke's defenses are amazing, but its typing is just sooo damn bad. It's weak to Stealth Rock, has and the rest of its stats are terrible. Additionally, Shuckle doesnt really do anything. The Power Swap set seems like a gimmick, and I highly doubt this thing is sweeping anything. Shuckle has doesn't have any form of reliable recovery, and there's literally know reason to use Shuckle and a Trick Room team when you could be using something like Bronzong. Do u have any logs proving that Shuckle is good? Your probably gonna need a ton...

Shuckle just doesnt do anything... It kind of just sits on its butt and takes hits until it dies. Toxic needs to be on all sets, since its the only way for Shuckle to actually do something. My criticisms dont mean much, but AccidentalGreed is hovering over this thread, so I'm sure we'll see if this set is worthy enough to be on siteeee

"Wall" shuckle should probably be used with sandstorm support with a spread of 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def to take special hits, which is probably the best thing shuckle can do.

I highly doubt the usefulness of the power split set, any serious attacker is going to 2 HKO you anyway, at best you stop a sweep. They lose their sweep, you lose 1 pokemon...

Trick room is off because even if you get shuckle in and power trick safely (2 completel free turns that aren't going to be coming out of no where), you will only have 3 turns to sweep. I want to actually see some logs on that. Also power split isn't sweeping anything, just keep power trick.

I think probably the best set for shuckle is a support set of some sort...

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Encore
- Toxic

With mentions or knock off and protect in AC. And finally body slam needs an OO mention for the paralisis chance.

"Wall" shuckle should probably be used with sandstorm support with a spread of 252 HP / 252 Sp. Def to take special hits, which is probably the best thing shuckle can do.

I highly doubt the usefulness of the power split set, any serious attacker is going to 2 HKO you anyway, at best you stop a sweep. They lose their sweep, you lose 1 pokemon...

Trick room is off because even if you get shuckle in and power trick safely (2 completel free turns that aren't going to be coming out of no where), you will only have 3 turns to sweep. I want to actually see some logs on that. Also power split isn't sweeping anything, just keep power trick.

I think probably the best set for shuckle is a support set of some sort...

Shuckle (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Encore
- Toxic

With mentions or knock off and protect in AC. And finally body slam needs an OO mention for the paralisis chance.
Out of all those sets, Power Split is the only one ive actually tested, and its arguably the best one. I feel that Stealth rock is a wasted moveslot, but its in Other Options. ill add knock off and body slam in there somewhere too.

Off to PO now to test out my Shuckle.

I'm rejecting the third set immediatly, if you're giving so much support just to stand a chance to sweep, do it to a Pokemon more capable of doing so. For the other sets I want to see some logs of them in action against competent players.

Finally I'm going to be honest, chances are I'll reject this but this is a good skeleton and you have some good points so you have the right to at least try.

This is ridiculous, LucaroarkZ I asked you to delete your first post because you could be infracted and yet you continued to create a shitstorm. You're lucky I'm not a mod because I'd infract you for this. Don't post here anymore.

Now to the analysis, I'm rejecting the third set immediatly, if you're giving so much support just to stand a chance to sweep, do it to a Pokemon more capable of doing so. For the other sets I want to see some logs of them in action against competent players.

Finally I'm going to be honest, chances are I'll reject this but this is a good skeleton and you have some good points so you have the right to at least try.
Tbh i wasn't sure about the last set anyway. I'll remove it. And as for the logs I'm currently laddering with a Power Split Shuckle on PO right now. Not sure about "competent" players but I'll post a link to any good logs I get.

Does the Wall set actually accomplish much of anything? It looks like it just sits there and waits for Gliscor/Starmie/Reuniclus/Breloom/any Steel/Poison/Taunt user, or really any hard hitter, to come in and force it out. It can still be 2-3HKO'd by a lot of things because of that horrendus HP(Draco Meteors destroy it even in Sand, for example) and has no reliable recovery as you already pointed. It doesn't seem to do anything besides hit stuff with Toxic, which almost any other Pokemon can do, and Wrap to trap something you probably won't stay in on anyway.

Does the Wall set actually accomplish much of anything? It looks like it just sits there and waits for Gliscor/Starmie/Reuniclus/Breloom/any Steel/Poison/Taunt user, or really any hard hitter, to come in and force it out. It can still be 2-3HKO'd by a lot of things because of that horrendus HP(Draco Meteors destroy it even in Sand, for example) and has no reliable recovery as you already pointed. It doesn't seem to do anything besides hit stuff with Toxic, which almost any other Pokemon can do, and Wrap to trap something you probably won't stay in on anyway.
It all depends on how you want to play Shuckle. I feel that the only thing that makes Shuckle viable in OU is Power Split, but i though a classic Wall set would have potential too. Generally, every Shuckle should know Power Split, as it gives it some attack so it can hurt things and not become taunt fodder, and has a lesser chance of being easily KOd. I'll try and stress the importance of Power Split more in the analysis.

Still waiting on those logs...
I'm working on it.

Here's a link to a PO battle I did on the Smogon ladder in OU with my Shuckle. There was some bad playing on my part and in the end I got outstlled by a Skarmory, but I think it really shows the beastly power of Shuckle, mainly at the begining. Here's the link to the Aesoft replay of the battle: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-SevilitheArcanine-vs-ZXavier--2012-02-06

And this is the Shuckle I was using:

Sehkmet (Shuckle) (F) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Rest
- Power Split
- Rock Slide

Now I think that's proof that Shuckle is very viable in OU, but I will get some more logs.

Ok, what the hell? Fire Gem Dragonite? ChestoRest CurseLax? The fact that he was constantly setting up when he knew that you could easily Power Split him to nothing? Can we have a log against a person using sets that, you know, actually see the light of day?

Actually, I've done some research, and it turns out that Power Split DOES NOT account for stat boost, just the base attack stats. That being said, I will continue to get more, and better , logs to prove that Shuckle is indeed worthy of being used in OU.

Man Shuckle sucks...

but it makes Reuniclus look absolutely silly, which is a Godsend for many sandstorm-themed stall teams. I managed to get in a few matches today, and here are the logs:
Battle between An Angel of Souls and Chillarmy started!

Tier: Wifi OU

Mode: Singles

Variation: +46, -44

Rule: Rated

Rule: Sleep Clause

Rule: Species Clause

Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Hippowdon / Nidoqueen / Celebi / Shuckle / Blissey / Jellicent

Opponent's team: Scizor / Kyurem / Heatran / Reuniclus / Vaporeon / Hydreigon

An Angel of Souls sent out Hydreigon!

Chillarmy sent out Hippowdon!

Hippowdon's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Start of turn 1

Chillarmy called Hippowdon back!

Chillarmy sent out Blissey!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon used Surf!

Blissey lost 78 HP! (11% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Blissey is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2

An Angel of Souls called Hydreigon back!

An Angel of Souls sent out Reuniclus!

Chillarmy called Blissey back!

Chillarmy sent out Shuckle!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 3

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus used Calm Mind!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Sp. Att. rose!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Sp. Def. rose!

Shuckle used Power Split!

Shuckle and An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 4

Shuckle used Gastro Acid!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Magic Guard is nullified!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus is buffeted by the sandstorm!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5

Shuckle used Toxic!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 6

Chillarmy called Shuckle back!

Chillarmy sent out Jellicent!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus used Psychic!

Jellicent lost 181 HP! (45% of its health)

Jellicent's Cursed Body activates!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Psychic was disabled!

The sandstorm rages!

Jellicent is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Jellicent restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7

An Angel of Souls called Reuniclus back!

An Angel of Souls sent out Scizor!

Jellicent used Taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 8

Jellicent used Will-O-Wisp!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor was burned!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor used Pursuit!

It's super effective!

Jellicent lost 108 HP! (26% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 9

Jellicent used Recover!

Jellicent regained health!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor used Pursuit!

It's super effective!

Jellicent lost 114 HP! (28% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Scizor's Pursuit was disabled!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 10

An Angel of Souls called Scizor back!

An Angel of Souls sent out Vaporeon!

Jellicent used Recover!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon is buffeted by the sandstorm!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11

Jellicent used Taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon fell for the taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon can't use Heal Bell after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 12

Chillarmy called Jellicent back!

An Angel of Souls called Vaporeon back!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13

Shuckle and An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 14

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Heal Bell!

A bell chimed!

Shuckle used Toxic!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 15

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Toxic!

Shuckle was badly poisoned!

Shuckle used Earthquake!

A critical hit!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon lost 15% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Shuckle is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 16

A bell chimed!

Shuckle used Toxic!

The sandstorm rages!

Shuckle restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 17

Chillarmy sent out Celebi!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Protect!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon protected itself!

Celebi used Hidden Power!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon protected itself!

The sandstorm rages!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

Start of turn 19

An Angel of Souls sent out Scizor!

Celebi used Psychic!

It's not very effective...

An Angel of Souls's Scizor lost 18% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 20

It's super effective!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor lost 56% of its health!

An Angel of Souls's Scizor fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls sent out Heatran!

Start of turn 21

Chillarmy called Celebi back!

An Angel of Souls's Heatran used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Chillarmy's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 22

An Angel of Souls's Heatran used Protect!

An Angel of Souls's Heatran protected itself!

Blissey used Heal Bell!

A bell chimed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 23

An Angel of Souls's Heatran used Lava Plume!

Blissey lost 67 HP! (10% of its health)

Blissey was burned!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Blissey is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 24

Pointed stones dug into Shuckle!

An Angel of Souls's Heatran used Roar!

Pointed stones dug into Hippowdon!

Hippowdon was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Blissey's wish came true!

Start of turn 25

Hippowdon used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around An Angel of Souls's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 26

An Angel of Souls called Heatran back!

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon!

Hippowdon used Earthquake!

It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 27

Pointed stones dug into Blissey!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon used Draco Meteor!

Blissey lost 187 HP! (28% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 28

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 29

Blissey used Protect!

Blissey protected itself!

A bell chimed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 30

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Wish!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 31

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon used Toxic!

Shuckle was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

Start of turn 32

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon!

Shuckle used Toxic!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 33

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon used Dark Pulse!

Blissey lost 99 HP! (15% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon is hurt by poison!

An Angel of Souls's Hydreigon fainted!

An Angel of Souls sent out Kyurem!

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Kyurem!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 34

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem used Ice Beam!

Blissey lost 141 HP! (21% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is hurt by its Life Orb!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 35

An Angel of Souls called Kyurem back!

Blissey used Protect!

But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 36

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 37

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus used Focus Blast!

Shuckle lost 46 HP! (18% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 38

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 39

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Heatran!

An Angel of Souls's Heatran's Flash Fire is nullified!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Heatran restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 40

But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 41

Blissey used Heal Bell!

A bell chimed!

Pointed stones dug into Nidoqueen!

Nidoqueen was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Nidoqueen restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 42

Nidoqueen used Earth Power!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 43

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 44

Nidoqueen used Toxic Spikes!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of An Angel of Souls's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 45

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus fell for the taunt!

It's super effective!

Nidoqueen lost 290 HP! (75% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 46

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of An Angel of Souls's team!

It's super effective!

Nidoqueen lost 118 HP! (30% of its health)

Nidoqueen fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Pointed stones dug into Jellicent!

Start of turn 47

Jellicent used Scald!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus lost 22% of its health!

Jellicent lost 117 HP! (29% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's taunt ended!

Start of turn 48

Jellicent used Taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus fell for the taunt!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus can't use Calm Mind after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 49

Jellicent used Recover!

Jellicent lost 127 HP! (31% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 50

Jellicent used Scald!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus lost 20% of its health!

Jellicent lost 130 HP! (32% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Psychic was disabled!

Jellicent's Sp. Def. fell!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's taunt ended!

Start of turn 51

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Heatran!

Jellicent used Recover!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 52

But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 53

Blissey used Wish!

Hippowdon was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Hippowdon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 54

But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 55

Shuckle and An Angel of Souls's Vaporeon had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 56

A bell chimed!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 57

An Angel of Souls sent out Kyurem!

Pointed stones dug into An Angel of Souls's Kyurem!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem was badly poisoned!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 58

Blissey used Protect!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem used Draco Meteor!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 59

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem used Draco Meteor!

Blissey lost 204 HP! (31% of its health)

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem is hurt by its Life Orb!

An Angel of Souls's Kyurem fainted!

Blissey used Wish!

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 60

Shuckle lost 28 HP! (11% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 61

The attack of An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus missed!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus's Magic Guard is nullified!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 62

Shuckle lost 36 HP! (14% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 63

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus used Recover!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus regained health!

Shuckle used Earthquake!

An Angel of Souls's Reuniclus lost 7% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 64

Shuckle lost 21 HP! (8% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

An Angel of Souls: gg

Chillarmy: gg

An Angel of Souls forfeited against Chillarmy!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

Battle between ThatBlackGuyJamal and Chillarmy started!

Variation: +39, -41

Opponent's team: Heatran / Celebi / Jellicent / Dragonite / Scrafty / Rotom-W

ThatBlackGuyJamal sent out Rotom-W!

Start of turn 1

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W used Trick!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W switched items with Celebi!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W obtained one Leftovers!

Celebi obtained one Choice Scarf!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 2

Celebi used Psychic!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W lost 40% of its health!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W used Volt Switch!

Celebi lost 56 HP! (13% of its health)

ThatBlackGuyJamal called Rotom-W back!

ThatBlackGuyJamal sent out Scrafty!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty used Dragon Dance!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty's Attack rose!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty's Speed rose!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 4

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty used Drain Punch!

Hippowdon lost 102 HP! (24% of its health)

Hippowdon had its energy drained!

Pointed stones float in the air around ThatBlackGuyJamal's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 5

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Scrafty used Ice Punch!

It's super effective!

Hippowdon lost 144 HP! (34% of its health)

Hippowdon used Roar!

Pointed stones dug into ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 6

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent used Scald!

Jellicent lost 41 HP! (10% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Jellicent restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 7

ThatBlackGuyJamal called Jellicent back!

ThatBlackGuyJamal sent out Rotom-W!

Pointed stones dug into ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W!

Jellicent used Taunt!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Rotom-W used Volt Switch!

It's super effective!

Jellicent lost 194 HP! (48% of its health)

ThatBlackGuyJamal called Rotom-W back!

ThatBlackGuyJamal sent out Celebi!

Pointed stones dug into ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi!

Jellicent used Recover!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi used Thunder Wave!

Shuckle is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 10

ThatBlackGuyJamal called Celebi back!

ThatBlackGuyJamal sent out Dragonite!

Pointed stones dug into ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite!

Shuckle is paralyzed! It can't move!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite's Attack rose!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite's Speed rose!

Shuckle and ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 12

Shuckle used Toxic!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 13

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 14

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite used Outrage!

Hippowdon lost 223 HP! (53% of its health)

Hippowdon used Slack Off!

Hippowdon regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 15

ThatBlackGuyJamal's Dragonite used Outrage!

Hippowdon lost 226 HP! (53% of its health)

Hippowdon used Slack Off!

Hippowdon regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

ThatBlackGuyJamal forfeited against Chillarmy!

Battle between RaichuGuardian and Chillarmy started!

Variation: +32, -28

Opponent's team: Metagross / Chansey / Terrakion / Breloom / Reuniclus / Eelektross

RaichuGuardian sent out Breloom!

Start of turn 1

RaichuGuardian's Breloom used Spore!

Jellicent fell asleep!

Jellicent is fast asleep!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 2

Chillarmy sent out Nidoqueen!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom used Substitute!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom made a substitute!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 3

RaichuGuardian's Breloom used Seed Bomb!

Nidoqueen lost 108 HP! (28% of its health)

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of RaichuGuardian's team!

Start of turn 4

RaichuGuardian's Breloom is tightening its focus!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of RaichuGuardian's team!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom used Focus Punch!

Nidoqueen lost 105 HP! (27% of its health)

Start of turn 5

Chillarmy called Nidoqueen back!

Celebi lost 56 HP! (13% of its health)

Start of turn 6

Celebi used Reflect!

Reflect raised Chillarmy's team defense!

Celebi lost 53 HP! (13% of its health)

Start of turn 7

RaichuGuardian called Breloom back!

RaichuGuardian sent out Eelektross!

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 21% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Coil!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross's Attack rose!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross's Defense rose!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross's Accuracy rose!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 9

Hippowdon used Roar!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus was badly poisoned!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 10

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus used Trick Room!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus twisted the dimensions!

The sandstorm rages!

Chillarmy's reflect wore off!

Start of turn 11

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus's Magic Guard is nullified!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus used Focus Blast!

Shuckle lost 48 HP! (19% of its health)

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus is buffeted by the sandstorm!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 12

RaichuGuardian called Reuniclus back!

Shuckle and RaichuGuardian's Eelektross had their power shared!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 13

Shuckle used Toxic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 14

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Dragon Tail!

Hippowdon lost 29 HP! (6% of its health)

Blissey was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Start of turn 15

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 16

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Rest!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross went to sleep and became healthy!

Pointed stones float in the air around RaichuGuardian's team!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 17

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross is fast asleep!

Hippowdon used Roar!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Metagross!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 18

RaichuGuardian's Metagross used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around Chillarmy's team!

It's super effective!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross lost 48% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 19

RaichuGuardian called Metagross back!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Eelektross!

It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 20

Hippowdon used Roar!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 21

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus used Focus Blast!

Shuckle lost 56 HP! (22% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 22

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus used Psyshock!

Shuckle lost 96 HP! (39% of its health)

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus's Magic Guard is nullified!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 23

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus used Psyshock!

Blissey lost 424 HP! (65% of its health)

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Reuniclus fainted!

RaichuGuardian sent out Metagross!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Metagross!

Start of turn 24

RaichuGuardian's Metagross used Meteor Mash!

Hippowdon lost 118 HP! (28% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 25

Hippowdon lost 109 HP! (26% of its health)

It's super effective!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross lost 51% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 26

A critical hit!

Hippowdon lost 218 HP! (52% of its health)

Hippowdon fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Pointed stones dug into Celebi!

Start of turn 27

RaichuGuardian's Metagross used Bullet Punch!

Celebi lost 55 HP! (13% of its health)

It's super effective!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross lost 18% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Metagross fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Eelektross!

Start of turn 28

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 23% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 29

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 22% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 30

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 24% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross woke up!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Rest!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross went to sleep and became healthy!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 31

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 32

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 33

Nidoqueen used Super Fang!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 50% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross woke up!

Nidoqueen lost 42 HP! (10% of its health)

Celebi was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 34

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 24% of its health!

Celebi lost 39 HP! (9% of its health)

Blissey was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross's taunt ended!

Start of turn 35

Blissey used Wish!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Wild Charge!

Blissey lost 65 HP! (9% of its health)

Blissey fainted!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross is hit with recoil!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 36

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross can't use Rest after the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 37

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 10% of its health!

Nidoqueen lost 40 HP! (10% of its health)

Jellicent was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 38

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross used Wild Charge!

It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross's taunt ended!

Start of turn 39

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

Nidoqueen lost 39 HP! (10% of its health)

Celebi was dragged out!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 40

Celebi used Psychic!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross lost 10% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Eelektross fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian sent out Chansey!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Chansey!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 41

Celebi used Recover!

Celebi regained health!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Seismic Toss!

Celebi lost 100 HP! (24% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey is buffeted by the sandstorm!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 42

Celebi used Recover!

Celebi regained health!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Thunder Wave!

Celebi is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 43

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Softboiled!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 44

Chillarmy called Nidoqueen back!

RaichuGuardian called Chansey back!

RaichuGuardian sent out Terrakion!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Terrakion!

RaichuGuardian's Terrakion was badly poisoned!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Terrakion is hurt by poison!

Obito is watching the battle.

Start of turn 45

RaichuGuardian's Terrakion used Stone Edge!

Celebi lost 183 HP! (45% of its health)

Obito stopped watching the battle.

RaichuGuardian's Terrakion is hurt by its Life Orb!

Celebi used Reflect!

Reflect raised Chillarmy's team defense!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 46

Celebi lost 85 HP! (21% of its health)

RaichuGuardian: cmon high crit

RaichuGuardian: damnit

Celebi used Recover!

Celebi regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 47

Celebi lost 85 HP! (21% of its health)

Celebi used Recover!

Celebi regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 48

Shuckle fainted!

But there was no target...

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Terrakion fainted!

Start of turn 49

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Thunder Wave!

But if failed!

The sandstorm rages!

Chillarmy's reflect wore off!

Start of turn 50

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey fell for the taunt!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Ice Beam!

It's super effective!

Nidoqueen lost 84 HP! (21% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 51

RaichuGuardian called Chansey back!

RaichuGuardian sent out Breloom!

Pointed stones dug into RaichuGuardian's Breloom!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom lost 46% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 52

Nidoqueen used Taunt!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom fell for the taunt!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 53

The attack of Nidoqueen missed!

Nidoqueen lost 112 HP! (29% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 54

RaichuGuardian's Breloom's substitute took the damage!

Nidoqueen lost 101 HP! (26% of its health)

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 55

Nidoqueen lost 123 HP! (32% of its health)

RaichuGuardian's Breloom's substitute faded!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom's taunt ended!

Start of turn 56

Nidoqueen used Earth Power!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom's substitute faded!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 57

Nidoqueen lost 53 HP! (13% of its health)

Nidoqueen fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 58

Celebi used Psychic!

It's super effective!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom lost 40% of its health!

RaichuGuardian's Breloom fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 59

RaichuGuardian's Chansey used Softboiled!

RaichuGuardian's Chansey regained health!

The sandstorm rages!

RaichuGuardian forfeited against Chillarmy!

After this match, my luck began to quickly dissolve, so this is all that I could get tonight. Anyway, if this analysis gets approved, definitely slash Gastro Acid onto the main set. It makes mincemeat out of Reuniclus, which is great considering that Shuckle can actually wall it with proper investment. iirc, though, Shuckle was rejected already, so good luck getting this analysis approved.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really want to see LucaroakZ's posts lol

A couple things that would be nice in OO:
-Knock Off should get an emphasis for its great utility, crippling pretty much everything but Focus Sash users
-Rest + Sleep Talk should get a mention, if only for the fact that it just does not die.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shuckle has seen some use in early DPP era (I think Bologo was the person who really publicized it), and the sandstrom SDef boost really makes Shuckle difficult to take out from the special side. Sandstorm + Encore + Toxic was a great way to disrupt the opposing Pokemon, forcing switches, and rack up damages. With Gen V, it also has Power Split to weaken Sweepers. I could see Shuckle having a spot in sand stall / semi-stall team, as Chillarmy's log displayed (thanks!)

My big question is - why not merge the 2 sets into 1? They essentially serve the same purpose. The Power Split set is still meant to take hits / disrupt the opponent's teams; it's not going to try to sweep with the Atk boost from Power Split. The Power Split has 2 attacks, but I think it is wasting Shuckle as a utility wall mon. Rock Slide is probably the only offensive move it needs. If you have logs to prove me otherwise, I believe its a logical choice.

I think under AC you should mention Cleric and Wish support. Cleric with Heal Bell or Aromatherapy would remove any status that would cripple Shuckle, while Wish would easily heal Shuckle without resorting to Rest. The low base HP actually comes in handy here, as even a small Wish would virtually fully restore Shuckle.

Under Other Options, Safeguard is worth a mention. Perhaps Swagger + Power Split combination, as well, although that's really gimmicky.

The Counter section also needs a lot more improvement. Since Shuckle mainly relies on Toxic and other residual damage to wear down teams, you should mention how it's a major set-up bait for Steel-types. You mentioned Skarmory, but Forretress and Ferrothorn can also set up their hazards. You should emphasize how it's Taunt bait - Stallbreakers, such as Sableye, Mew, and Jellicent can beat it. Deoxys-D, Azelf, Espeon, etc can set up.

Then there are hard-hitters that can crack its shell. Metagross can Meteor Mash Shuckle to oblivion. CB Scizor 2HKOs Shuckle with Bullet Punch; Terrakion and Tyranitar's Stone-Edge is a 2HKO. A Sand Force-boosted Stone Edge from Landorus is close to 2HKO. Sand Veil Acrobatics Gliscor has the potential of setting up a Sub and set up on Shuckle without Encore (not too sure here). SpecsToed OHKOs with Hydro Pump. Even with Sandstorm, Starmie (w/o Life Orb) can 2HKO Shuckle with Rocks.

nitpick:
Highest defense/special defense stats in the game
Mention its pitiful HP, though.

EDIT: Don't misinterpret this post as an approval - I am still ambivalent about the viability of Shuckle in OU. I am just posting here to show that we're not auto-rejecting this if you prove Shuckle's worth.

Thanks to everyone for thier input! Honestly, I generally run Shuckle with only 1 attack, so I think I may combine the 2 sets when I have more time. Good idea with the Heal Bell / Safeguard support. I'll add that in AC. I'm wondering if Gastro Acid if worth a set itself, but It'll probaly get a slash on the main set. I'll get out tommorow to test it more, especially a Gastro Acid set, and hopefully get up some good logs. As for Knock, it's mentioned in OO, but I don't think it's the most useful in OU with the lack of Eviolite users. And as for RestTalk, Shuckle really can't aford to give up a moveslot, and it won't really be doing anything useful while it' asleep, but I might mention it in OO. Feel free to keep on posting your own Shuckle logs to help prove my point. I really hope Shuckle get approved!

And no, this is NOT a joke.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok honestly people like asterat stop posting with snide comments about the integrity of this set when nobody knows who you are. Posts should only contain feedback that contributes (now you can contribute negative feedback as long as its backed or you are a user who is known for their knowledge of the given metagame).

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was gonna clean this up but zdrup told me he was just rejecting it so: rejected.

OP: in the future please check to make sure that the Pokemon you're suggesting hasn't been suggested.

Everyone else itc: please refrain from making dumb comments, it just makes you look ignorant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)