Shuckle [QC 0/4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to say that not everyone uses Bisharp, so if you're not using it, go ahead & Knock Off.
Nah, but seeing as how Shuckle's biggest niche is its unique dual hazards, you're definitely going to want some sort of anti-Rapid Spin and/or anti-Defog support. That said, Bisharp and physical Thundurus are the main Defog deterrents in OU right now, and both very commonly carry Knock Off.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
I think Knock Off shouldn't be slashed on the set, Agent Gibbs already said why.

This is my first QC but do I ask for QC checks or do they just "happen"?

Shuckle isn't very good itself, but can be the difference between a sweep or a faint for another pokemon. I'm not QC but I think this Shuckle set deserves a mention. Sticky Web plus Stealth Rocks are too unique to pass off and the only other Sticky Web and another hazard setter is Ariados, but it has Toxic Spikes so flying types are not affected at all. Don't lock and move Shuckle's analysis away. Long live Shuckle!

Mention magic bounce users in checks and counters.
Also, i don't think empoleon is that great of a sweeper even with sticky web support as its offenses are not that high.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Mention magic bounce users in checks and counters.
Also, i don't think empoleon is that great of a sweeper even with sticky web support as its offenses are not that high.
I agree with these points. This further solidifies Infestation and Bisharp as tools/partners to use in my mind. You can simply infest Espeon and pursuit trap it with sharp pretty effectively as long as it lacks Baton Pass.

I agree with these points. This further solidifies Infestation and Bisharp as tools/partners to use in my mind. You can simply infest Espeon and pursuit trap it with sharp pretty effectively as long as it lacks Baton Pass.
What Espeon doesn't run Baton Pass though?

The Shellder Smuggler some suggestions
Overview
  • Mention that Shuckle is the best user of Sticky Web in OU due to its high defenses and Encore.
Moves
  • Mention that Encore can allow Shuckle to pressure common Defog users such as Latias and Zapdos
  • Mention that Infestation also prevents Shuckle from being Taunt bait
  • Mention Toxic to cripple Zapdos
Usage Tips
  • Mention that Shuckle should use Encore on a predicted Rapid Spin and Defog, which can give the Shuckle user a large advantage in the match.
  • Mention that Shuckle is best used as a lead, but can work well at a slightly later point in the game if the foe has a Rapid Spin / Defog user
Team options
  • Empoleon should be removed as a partner, as its best sets (Defog and Agility) have terrible synergy with Shuckle.
  • Add Mega Heracross as a partner, as it can defeat bisharp, one of the biggest threats to Sticky Web teams, and appreciates SW support
  • Add Aegislash as a partner to block RS.
  • Add NP Thundurus and BD Azumarill as partners and remove Tyranitar
OO
  • Remove Acupressure, Power Split and Shell Smash. Most of these moves are shitty option on Shuckle. Add Leftovers and Knock off and keep the mention of Shuckle being unable to use its large movepool properly.
C&C
  • Emphasize Bisharp as a counter, as Bisharp screws over Sticky Web teams due to Defiant.
  • Remove Substitute users, as a majority of them are crippled by Encore.

Last edited:

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
Add Toxic to either Moves or Other Options. Also mention a Contrary Shell Smash stall set with Toxic, Power Split, Rest, and Shell Smash. The idea behind the set is increasing your defenses with Shell Smash and Power Split, stalling with Toxic Infestation and healing when needed with Rest.

Last edited:
Add Toxic to either Moves or Other Options. Also mention a Contrary Shell Smash stall set with Toxic, Power Split, Rest, and Shell Smash. The idea behind the set is increasing your defenses with Shell Smash and Power Split, stalling with Toxic and healing when needed with Rest.
Wait, Power Split is affected by stat changes? Interesting.

But about that set, why not Infestation? It hits more Pokémon & isn't stopped by Taunt.

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
Wait, Power Split is affected by stat changes? Interesting.

But about that set, why not Infestation? It hits more Pokémon & isn't stopped by Taunt.
Sorry about that, I made the post rather unclear. Power Split averages Attack and Special Attack between the user and the opponent. Say you're facing down a Kyurem-Black with a 252+ EV spread. You have 22 Attack and the Kyurem-B has 482. You use Power Split, and Kyurem-B's Attack becomes 252! That's equivalent to a fully invested Attack stat of just 65!!!

Now that you mention it, Infestation is probably a better option than Toxic, for the reasons outlined in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)