LC Shuppet

QC[4/4]: Obvious Power/The Avalanches/Mambo/Obvious Power
GP[2/2]: Rhythms / Weebl

Overview
########
Even though/Although Shuppet's Speed and defenses are paltry, Shuppet actually has a decent base 75 Attack stat. By carrying a Focus Sash, Shuppet can take advantage of its poor Speed to support a Trick Room team and use its inverted Speed as much as possible. Being immune to Normal- and Fighting-type moves, Shuppet is able to more securely use Knock Off, its main non-priority attack. Unlike the other Ghost-types in LC, Shuppet has access to all of Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, and Destiny Bond. In any case, Shuppet is outclassed by Pumpkaboo as a Trick Room lead, as Explosion is a better move than Knock Off for a Pokemon of this role.

Offensive Trick Room
########
name: Offensive Trick Room
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Shadow Sneak
move 4: Destiny Bond
ability: Frisk / Cursed Body
item: Focus Sash
evs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 168 Def / 92 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe
nature: Brave

Moves
========

Trick Room allows Shuppet to support its team. While Shadow Sneak is its only priority STAB move, Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that switch into Shuppet, by removing their item. The last slot is for Destiny Bond, allowing Shuppet to KO itself and bring a foe down with it ; however, this only works if Shuppet can outspeed the foe with Trick Room.

Set Details
========

The given EV spread maximizes Attack, and the rest of the EVs are invested into both defenses, which are unsatisfactory. On the other hand, other EVs investiment with Shuppet's Focus Sash and desired low Speed, will be useless. Focus Sash ensures Shuppet can survive one attack and set up Trick Room. Furthermore, it allows for synergy with Destiny Bond if you decide to use it. Frisk is useful to scout for items carried by foes, but Cursed Body could be better. With a 30% chance to disable any move that hits Shuppet, Cursed Body could force any foe to switch out and thereby allow a Trick Room sweeper to beat or force out something it couldn't otherwise. Using Cursed Body usually allows Shuppet to push out Fighting-types, as most Fighting-types only have one means of hitting Ghost-types for decent damage, Timburr and Croagunk in particular.

Usage Tips
========

After Trick Room is set, Shuppet's priority Speed is useful for hitting other Pokemon with Destiny Bond and boosted Knock Off, which can be used as well. A priority move such as Shadow Sneak could be useful to revenge kill foes. By using Destiny Bond, you secure at least one KO before Shuppet faints. With Trick Room, Shuppet can play a different role other than just a suicide lead, but that Shuppet's poor defenses prevent it from safely switching in multiple times to set up Trick Room.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Spritzee and Porygon that can set Trick Room while also taking advantage of it make for excellent partners for Shuppet. Slow, offensive Pokemon benefit nicely from Trick Room, utilizing its effects to mend their low Speed stat and sweep opposing teams; Pokemon that can fulfill this role are great comrades for Shuppet, as Bunnelby, Magnemite, Cubone, Golett, Solosis, and Trapinch.

Other Options
########

An Adamant Choice Band set would also profit from Shuppet's priority moves, taking advantage of its synergy with Frisk and Trick. Shuppet's movepool shows many options, some playable and others the very opposite. Shadow Ball is a good STAB move, but it's not so easy to find a free moveslot for it. Sucker Punch has a higher Base Power than Shadow Sneak and could be used as an alternative, but it is only useful if the foe attacks. Furthermore, Payback could be useful, as its Base Power doubles if the foe has taken its turn. Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp could used. Will-O-Wisp can be useful for crippling Knock Off absorbers, for example. Although Shuppet can learn Phantom Force, it's better not to use it, because wasting a turn with Phantom Force must be avoided. Shuppet learns Taunt too but cannot use very well, due to its low Speed.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fletchling**: Fletchling is a good counter to offensive Trick Room Shuppet, as it is not affected by Knock Off or Shadow Sneak, bypasses Trick Room with Gale Wings, and can recover any lost HP using Roost prior to KOing Shuppet.

**Dark-types**: Dark-types threaten Shuppet, as they resist its main moves. Some Dark-types even have access to Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pawniard, Vullaby, and Scraggy are especially threatening, as they can KO Shuppet with Knock Off.

**Spritzee**: Wish + Protect Spritzee can wall Shuppet easily, but it's quite rare to see Spritzee and Shuppet face-to-face, as Spritzee doesn't want to lose its Eviolite to a lead Pokemon.

**Faster/Prankster Taunt Users**: Cottonee, Prankster Purrloin, Mienfoo, Aipom, and Onix, are prime examples of Pokemon that can outspeed and Taunt Shuppet, preventing it from setting up Trick Room.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Despite Shuppet's good Attack stat, has few strong attacking moves and can only really be threatening with Knock Off. Ferroseed, Lickitung, Porygon, Mienfoo, and Timburr are examples of bulky Pokemon that Shuppet can't easily beat.

Overview
########

Shuppet's base stats don't suggest long digressions; although its other stats are subpar, above all low Speed and poor Defenses, Shuppet actually boasts a decent Attack stat. It needs a Focus Sash to find a way to be useful. For example, can take advantage from its poor speed to support a Trick Room, trying to use its priorities to the best. Immune to normal and expecially fighting moves, Knock Off is its not-priority main attack. Frisk is a good ability, to scout foe's items. Unlike others LC ghost-type Pokemons, it's the only Pokemon that can learn/use Shadow Sneak / Knock Off / Destiny Bond at the same time.
However, it's outclassed by Pumpkaboo as a Trick Room lead, because Explosion is better than Knock Off for this role.

Offensive Trick Room
########
evs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 168 Def / 92 SDef
IVs: 0 Spe

Moves
========
  • Trick Room is main move, it guarantees its team's role to support a TR Team.
  • It's impossibile to give up Knock Off, it's too strong in XY to be left among unused moves. Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that switch in on Shuppet by removing their Eviolite, too.
  • Shadow Sneak is its priority STAB.
  • Destiny Bond guarantees with a willful suicide a KO, if and only if Shuppet can "outspeed" under Trick Room its opponent.
Set Details
========
  • Focus Sash ensures Shuppet can survive one attack and set Trick Room. Furthermore, Focus Sash is a hand in glove with Destiny Bond if you use it.
  • Evs maximize Atk. The rest is invested in defenses that are still not amazing.
  • Frisk is useful to scout foe item but Cursed Body is more than a simply lesser possibility. With 30% chance to disable any move that hits it, it could forced opponent to switch out and so allowing your trick room sweeper to beat or force out something it couldn't otherwise.
  • Otherwise, Cursed Body allows Shuppet to force out Fighting-types in most scenarios (if the ability works), as most Fighting-types only have one means of hitting Ghost-types for decent damage (Timburr and/or Croagunk especially).
Usage Tips
========
  • After trick room is set, Shuppet's priority is useful to hit other pokemon with priority and otherwise you can use Destiny Bond and boosted Knock Off. First move you have aleast one KO before Shuppet goes down.
  • However, priority moves could be useful to revenge killing opponent mons.
  • With Trick Room, Shuppet could play a different role from only a suicide leader, but it's clear it shouldn't be switching in multiple times to set up Trick Room, its poor defenses can't allow that.
Team Options
========
  • Pokemon such as Spritzee and Porygon that can set Trick Room and take advantage of it as well make excellent partners for Shuppet.
  • Slow, offensive Pokemon benefit nicely from Trick Room, utilizing its effects to mend their low Speed stat and sweep opposing teams; Pokemon that fulfill this role include Bunnelby, Magnemite, Cubone, Golett, Solosis, and Trapinch.
Other Options
########
  • Despite Shuppet learns Phantom Force, it's better don't use that. For a trick room setter, waste a turn with has to be avoid.
  • Shadow Ball is a good STAB.
  • Sucker Punch has a higher Base Power than Shadow Sneak and could be used if the opponent attacks.
  • Shupped learns Taunt but its slowness don't allow a best use of it.
  • Payback could be useful when foe has taken its turn.
  • Gunk Shot is an option against Fairy-types. But it's difficult for Shuppet be in front of a Spritzee or a Snubbull, easier against a lead Cottonee.
  • Thunder Wave and Will of Wisp could be used like status moves. For example WoW could be useful for crippling Knock Off absorbers.
  • An Adamant Choice Band set could be profit by his priority moves, for example taking advantage from sinergy from Frisk and Trick move.
Checks & Counters
########

**Pawniard**: Pawniard resists both of Shuppet's main attacking moves and it can bring forward Shuppet with Sucker Punch.

**Fletching**: it's really is a hard counter to this Shuppet set, as it doesn't care about Knock Off, is unaffected by Shadow Sneak, avoids Trick Room with Gale Wings, and can Roost off any damage prior to KOing Shuppet.

**Dark-types**: Dark-types threaten Shuppet, as they resist its main moves and some, like Houndour (with few shrewdness vs Phantom Force and Destiny Bond), even have access to Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pawniard, Vullaby and Scraggy are also very threatening, KO it with Knock Off.

**Spritzee**: Spritzee with Wish/Protect could wall Shuppet easily. But it's quite difficult to see these Pokemons face to face. In fact Spritzee doesn't want to lose its Eviolite to a lead Pokemon.

**Faster/Prankster Taunt**: Cottonee and Purluin (with Prankster) and Mienfoo, Aipom, Onix (a SR setter) and others could prevent its Trick Room.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: despite Shuppet's attack stat is enough good, it really doesn't have much to use with it and it can only really threaten with Knock Off. Ferroseed, Lickitung, Porygon, Mienfoo and Timburr are examples of bulky Pokemon that Shuppet can't easily beat.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I do like Trick Room Pokemon, but is Shuppet at all viable? I feel like its only niche over Pumpkaboo-Super is that it has Knock Off and a higher Attack stat, I can't see Shuppet being an asset to a Trick Room team, if I'm being honest.

I do like Trick Room Pokemon, but is Shuppet at all viable? I feel like its only niche over Pumpkaboo-Super is that it has Knock Off and a higher Attack stat, I can't see Shuppet being an asset to a Trick Room team, if I'm being honest.
I recall only an old BW2 set. But any suggestion to build set about Shupped are really appreciated and well-accepted.

Who approved this analysis to be posted?
macle => http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-lc-analysis-reservation-index.3509147/page-3#post-5696565

Sorry, am I wrong?

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To be totally honest, I don't see anything that Shuppet can do that merits its use over another Ghost-type. As a Cursed Body user, it's outclassed by Frillish. As a Trick Room user, it's outclassed by Yamask. As a priority-user and utility Pokemon, it's outclassed by Pumpkaboo. As an offensive Ghost-type (in terms of sheer power), it's outclassed by Gastly. I know all Pokemon need an analysis, but I don't think it deserves a serious analysis. Sorry, but I'm going to have to reject this analysis. 1/2

I find your opinion licit. Of course I think Shuppet is not an A LC pokemon. When I was looking for a "free QC", I find it without a thread about it, so I ask for approve a QC. I think it's decent Atk and his general movepool could be a little application, above all as suicide anti-lead. By the way Gastly don't learn Magic Coat and Shadow Sneak, Pumpkaboo don't learn Knock Off, Frillish hasn't priorities.

But don't worry, if QC council is thinking this QC thread is not necessary, that's the same for me. I'm sure what you are estabilishing about that, it's the right thing.

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I find your opinion licit. Of course I think Shuppet is not an A LC pokemon. When I was looking for a "free QC", I find it without a thread about it, so I ask for approve a QC. I think it's decent Atk and his general movepool could be a little application, above all as suicide anti-lead. By the way Gastly don't learn Magic Coat and Shadow Sneak, Pumpkaboo don't learn Knock Off, Frillish hasn't priorities.

But don't worry, if QC council is thinking this QC thread is not necessary, that's the same for me. I'm sure what you are estabilishing about that, it's the right thing.
Yeah I spoke with some members of QC and there were some mixed opinions, but continue to work on this analysis. I'll retract my reject, as all Pokemon need analyses, and I guess Shuppet isn't entirely useless. My bad on that, but this analysis isn't a priority, so definitely wrap up the other analyses you're writing before focusing on this one.

Anywho, I'll QC this later today when I get the chance. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Offensive Trick Room:
Remove mention of Phantom Force, wasting a turn is completely against what a Trick Room setter would want to do.
Put Destiny bond as the main slash on the fourth move imo
At least slash Cursed Body with Frisk, Frisk generally won't help all that much but the Cursed Body could potentially allow your trick room sweeper to beat or force out something it couldn't otherwise.

Moves:
Remove mention of Phantom Force.

Set Details:
Explain why Cursed Body would be useful, you can use what I said above

Usage tips:
The first one isn't exactly a usage tip and it isn't true because Pumpkaboo learns trick room and shadow sneak. Remove this and say instead that after trick room is set, Shuppet's priority is useful to hit other pokemon with priority and otherwise you can use Destiny Bond/Knock Off.
Add that Shuppet's priority moves are useful for revenge killing.

I've talked to other QC members and we seem to be in agreement that the second set shouldn't be mentioned, it essentially has no place on any serious team. Sorry about that :(

Other Options:
Place Phantom Force here and explain why it's bad (wastes trick room turns which is counter productive for a trick room setter)
Change the scarf point to Choice Band, priority moves don't really benefit from more speed.
Place Taunt in here, since you'll be getting rid of the set using it. Explain that Shuppets very slow so it often isn't very useful.
Add Pain Split.
Remove mention of Toxic. Knocking off a wall is going to be more crippling than the toxic. WoW will be better for crippling knock off absorbers.

Nice work :) QC 1/3

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Moves:

- Make sure you mention that Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that switch in on Shuppet by removing their Eviolite.
- Destiny Bond needs it's own slot, in my opinion. It really doesn't need Sucker Punch or Shadow Ball, I personally would remove those slashes

Other Options:

- Remove Payback, it doesn't do any more damage than Knock Off on an opponent with an item.

Checks & Counters:

- Add a section for Physically Bulky Pokemon. Although Shuppet's attack stat is good, it really doesn't have much to use with it and it can only really threaten with Knock Off. Ferroseed, Mienfoo and Timburr are examples of bulky Pokemon that Shuppet can't easily beat.

QC 2/3

I moved Shadow Ball and Sucker Punch on Other Options; at this point, I think Sucker Punch could be slashed with Shadow Sneak, but I ask you suggestions about that. I added Porygon and Lickitung as phisically bulky Pokemon, too. Thanks a lot The Avalanches.

doomsday doink

Overview:
- Note the reason why anybody would opt to use Shuppet over another Ghost-type (It's the only Pokemon in LC to get the combination of Shadow Sneak / Knock Off / Destiny Bond)
- Mention that although its other stats are subpar, Shuppet actually boasts a decent Attack stat
- Outclassed by Pumpkaboo as a Trick Room lead, because Explosion > Knock Off for the role

Moves:
- Destiny Bond is only guaranteeing a KO when Shuppet can "outspeed" under Trick Room

Set Details:
- Cursed Body allows Shuppet to force out Fighting-types in most scenarios (if the ability works), as most Fighting-types only have one means of hitting Ghost-types for decent damage (Timburr / Croagunk especially)

Usage Tips:
- Shuppet is more of a suicide lead with Trick Room, so make sure it's clear that it shouldn't be switching in multiple times to set up Trick Room

Team Options:
- Change this to two sentences structured as followed:
"Pokemon such as Spritzee and Porygon that can set Trick Room and take advantage of it as well make excellent partners for Shuppet."
"Slow, offensive Pokemon benefit nicely from Trick Room, utilizing its effects to mend their low Speed stat and sweep opposing teams; Pokemon that fulfill this role include Bunnelby, Magnemite, Cubone, Solosis, and Trapinch."

Other Options:
- Clean up your reasoning regarding Shadow Ball's use

Checks & Counters:
- Note that Spritzee doesn't want to lose its Eviolite to a lead Pokemon
- Fletchling really is a hard counter to this Shuppet set, as it doesn't care about Knock Off, is unaffected by Shadow Sneak, avoids Trick Room with Gale Wings, and can Roost off any damage prior to KOing Shuppet. It definitely deserves its own section.

You call Spritzee "Spreeze" throughout the analysis. Change that.

QC 3/3

Make sure to add a space between each section title and the paragraph. Many of the sections also have an extra space after the paragraph.

Offensive Trick Room Setter: In the EVs, SpDef should be SpD

Checks & Counters: There's nothing really notable about Pawniard. Move it in with the other Dark-types.

That'd be great if you could read through and fix any grammar mistakes you see or rephrase things better. Just do whatever you can find and then take this to GP :)

QC 4/4

hi amcheck

Overview
########
Shuppet's base stats don't suggest long digressions; however, even if its Speed and Defenses are paltry, Shuppet actually has a decent Attack stat. So by carrying a Focus Sash, iShuppet can take advantage fromof its poor speed to support a Trick Room, trying order to try and use its priorities to the bestas much as possible. Immune to normal and exspecially fighting moves, Knock Off is its notn-priority main attack. Frisk is a good ability to scout for foe's items. Unlike the others LC g Ghost-type Pokemons, it's the only Pokemon than LC, it can learn and/or use Shadow Sneak /, Knock Off /, and Destiny Bond at the same time. In any case, it's outclassed by Pumpkaboo as a Trick Room lead, because Explosion is better than Knock Off for this role.

Offensive Trick Room
########

Moves
========
Trick Room is its main move, it guarantees its team's role allows Shuppet to support a TR Tits team. While Shadow Sneak is its priority STAB, Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that switch in on Shuppet by removing their Eviolite, too. L. The last slot is foreserved to Destiny Bond, and so it will be ablellowing it to kill an opponent with a willfulKO a foe by committing suicide, if and only if Shuppet can "outspeed" under its foe by using Trick Room its opponent.

Set Details
========
EvsThe given EV spread maximizes Attack and the rest isare invested in defenses that are still not amazing. Focus Sash ensures Shuppet can survive one attack and set up Trick Room. Furthermore, it's a hand in glovellows for synergy with Destiny Bond if you use it. Speaking about ability, Frisk is useful to scout foer items carried by foes but Cursed Body is more than a simply lesser possibilitycould be better; with a 30% chance to disable any move that hits it, it could forced opponent its foe to switch out and sothereby allowing your tTrick rRoom sweeper to beat or force out somethinga Pokemon it couldn't otherwise. Using Cursed Body allows Shuppet is allowed to force out Fighting-types in most scenarios (if the ability works), as most Fighting-types only have one means of hitting Ghost-types for decent damage (especially Timburr and/or Croagunk especially).

Usage Tips
========
After tTrick rRoom is set, Shuppet's priority is useful to hit other pPokemon with priority and otherwise you can use. Destiny Bond and boosted Knock Off. In fact can be used as well. A priority move such as Shadow Sneak could be useful to revenge killing opponent mon foes. OtherwiseBy using Destiny Bond, you havsecure at least one KO before Shuppet goes downfaints. With Trick Room, Shuppet could play a different role from onlyother than just a suicide leader, but it's clear it shouldn't be switching in multiple times to set up Trick Room, as its poor defenses can't allow that.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Spritzee and Porygon that can set Trick Room and take advantage of it as well make excellent partners for Shuppet. It's clear that slow, offensive Pokemon benefit nicely from Trick Room, utilizing its effects to mend their low Speed stat and sweep opposing teams; Pokemon that fulfill this role include Bunnelby, Magnemite, Cubone, Golett, Solosis, and Trapinch.

Other Options
########
A different set could be an Adamant Choice Band set which would be profit by hifrom Shuppet's priority moves, for example taking advantage from siof synergy fromwith Frisk and Trick move. Shuppet's movepool shows many options, some playable options and others very bad:. Shadow Ball is a good STAB, but it's not so easy to find a free place for it. Sucker Punch has a higher Base Power than Shadow Sneak and could be used over that, but it is only useful if the opponent attacks. Furthermore, Payback could be useful when the foe has taken its turn. Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp could be used like status moves; for example, Will-o-Wisp could be useful for crippling Knock Off absorbers.
It's difficult to suggest others viable moves:; despite Shuppet learnsing Phantom Force, it's better don'not to use thait. For its tTrick rRoom setter role, wasteing a turn with it has to be avoid. Also, Shuppedt learns Taunt, but its slowness don'es not allow a bestgood use of it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fletchling**: it's reallyIt is a hargood counter to this Shuppet set, as it doesn't care aboutis not affected by Knock Off, is unaffected by or Shadow Sneak, avoids Trick Room with Gale Wings, and can Roost offrecover any damage using Roost prior to KOing Shuppet.

**Dark-types**: Dark-types threaten Shuppet, as they resist its main moves and some, likesuch as Houndour (with few shrewdness vs Phantom Force and Destiny Bond), (Sorry, but I have no idea what you're trying to say here) even have access to Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pawniard, Vullaby and Scraggy are also very threatening, as they can KO iShuppet with Knock Off.

**Spritzee**: Spritzee withcarrying Wish/Protect could wall Shuppet easily. But it's quite difficult to see these two Pokemons face to face. In fact, as Spritzee doesn't want to lose its Eviolite to a lead Pokemon.

**Faster/Prankster Taunt**: Cottonee and, Purluin (with Prankster) and Mienfoo, Aipom, Onix, (a Stealth Rock setter) and others could prevent itsShuppet from setting up Trick Room.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: dDespite Shuppet's good attack stat is enough good, it really doesn't have much to use with it and it can only really threaten with Knock Off. Ferroseed, Lickitung, Porygon, Mienfoo, and Timburr are examples of bulky Pokemon that Shuppet can't easily beat.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
add / Capitalize
remove / lowercase
(comments)

The Quasar the first 'check' wasn't even a check. it was an amcheck, which means a pracice check that needs to be stamped by an official GP member.

Overview
########
Shuppet's base stats don't suggest long digressions; however, even if its Speed and Defenses are paltry, Shuppet actually has a decent base 75 Attack stat. So by carrying a Focus Sash, Shuppet can take advantage of its poor Speed to support a Trick Room, (RC) team in order to try and use its priorities inverted Speed as much as possible. Being immune to Normal- (Add hyphen; capitalize 'N') and especially (Why is being immune to fighting special whereas being immune to normal isn't?) Fighting-type (Add -type; capitalize 'F') moves, Shuppet is able to more securely use Knock Off, (AC) is its main non-priority main attack. Frisk is a good ability to scout for foe's items (Unnecessary, out of place). Unlike the other Ghost-types, (RC) in LC, it can learn and/or use Shadow Sneak, (Add Space after comma)Knock Off, (AC) and Destiny Bond at the same time. In any case, it's outclassed by Pumpkaboo as a Trick Room lead, because as Explosion is better than Knock Off for this role.

Offensive Trick Room
########

Moves
========
Trick Room is its allows Shuppet main move, as it allows Shuppet to support its team. While Shadow Sneak is its only priority STAB move, Knock Off can cripple Pokemon that switch in on Shuppet by removing their Eviolite item (Yes, Eviolite is popular in LC; doesn't mean that it's used by everything). The last slot is for Destiny Bond, allowing it Shuppet to KO a foe by committing suicide,; (Comma -> Semicolon) if and only Shuppet can outspeed its foe by using Trick Room however, this only works if Shuppet can outspeed the foe with Trick Room.

Set Details
========
The given EV spread maximizes Attack and the rest are invested into both defenses that are still not amazing unsatisfactory. Focus Sash ensures Shuppet can survive one attack and set up Trick Room. Furthermore, it's allows for synergy with Destiny Bond if you decide use it. Frisk is useful to scout for items carried by foes, (AC) but Cursed Body could be better;. (Semicolon -> Period) With a 30% chance to disable any move that hits it Shuppet, it Cursed Body could force its any foe to switch out and thereby allow your a Trick Room sweeper to beat or force out something it couldn't otherwise. Using Cursed Body allows Shuppet to force push out a Pokemon Fighting-types in most scenarios (if the ability works), as most Fighting-types only have one means of hitting Ghost-types for decent damage, (AC) (expecially especially Timburr and/or Croagunk).

Usage Tips
========
After Trick Room is set, Shuppet's priority Speed is useful to for hitting other Pokemon with priority Destiny Bond and boosted Knock Off, (AC) which can be used as well. A priority move such as Shadow Sneak could be useful to revenge kill foes. By using Destiny Bond, you secure at least one KO before Shuppet faints. With Trick Room, Shuppet could can play a different role other than just a suicide leader, but it's clear it that Shuppet shouldn't be switching in multiple times to set up Trick Room, as its poor defenses can't allow that.

Team Options
========
Pokemon such as Spritzee and Porygon that can set Trick Room and take while also taking advantage of it as well make for excellent partners for Shuppet. It's clear that slow, offensive Pokemon benefit nicely from Trick Room, utilizing its effects to mend their low Speed stat and sweep opposing teams; Pokemon that fulfill this role include Bunnelby, Magnemite, Cubone, Golett, Solosis, and Trapinch. Pokemon that can fulfill this role are great comrades for Shuppet.

Other Options
########
A different set could be aAn Adamant Choice Band set which would also profit from Shuppet's priority moves, taking advantage of sinergy its synergy with Frisk and Trick. Shuppet's movepool shows many options, some playable and others the very bad opposite. Shadow Ball is a good STAB move, (AC) but it's not so easy to find a free place for it. Sucker Punch has a higher Base Power than Shadow Sneak and could be used over that in preference, but it is only useful if the opponent foe attacks. Furthermore, (AC) Payback could be useful when, (AC) as its power doubles if the foe has taken its turn. Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp could be used;. (Semicolon -> Period) For example, (AC) Will-(add hyphen)Of-(add hyphen)Wisp could also be useful for crippling Knock Off absorbers. It's very difficult to suggest other viable moves;. (Semicolon -> Period) dDespite Shuppet being able to learning Phantom Force, it's better not to use it. For its Shuppet's Trick Room setter role, wasting a turn with it Phantom Force has to be avoided. Also, Shuppet learns Taunt too, but its Shuppet's low Speed doesn't allow good use of it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fletchling**: it Fletchling is a good counter to this Shuppet set, as it is not affected by Knock Off, (RC) or Shadow Sneak, avoids Trick Room with Gale Wings, and can recover any damage lost HP using Roost prior to KOing Shuppet.

**Dark-types**: Dark-types threaten Shuppet, as they resist its main moves. (Add Period) and Some Dark-types, (RC) such as Houndour, (RC) even have access to Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Pawniard, Vullaby, (AC) and Scraggy are also very threatening, as they can KO Shuppet with Knock Off.

**Spritzee**: Spritzee carrying Wish/ and Protect could can wall Shuppet easily. B, (AC) but it's quite difficult to see these two Pokemon face to face, as Spritzee doesn't want to lose its Eviolite to a lead Pokemon.

**Faster/Prankster Taunt**: Cottonee, Purluin (with Prankster) Prankster Purrloin, (AC) and Mienfoo, Aipom, Onix (a Stealth Rock setter), (AC) and others could prevent Shuppet from setting up Trick Room. (Add Period)

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Despite Shuppet's good Attack stat, it really doesn't really have much to use with it and it can only really be threatening with Knock Off. Ferroseed, Lickitung, Porygon, Mienfoo, and Timburr are examples of bulky Pokemon that Shuppet can't easily beat.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, even if I think that's only confusing, amcheck could be done off-line. Never mind, I'll correct it this evening, my time.
Thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)