Sideboard Tournament - Round 2 (SEE POSTS 22 AND 67)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Side Board Tournament
(approved by Philip7086)

Everyone's had that feeling where they had changed their team just before a battle, and needed the previous version of the team for their next battle. You really wish you had that move you replaced, or that Pokemon you got rid of, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE IT. Well, you'll never have this problem for this tournament!

For each round, you will have a four Pokemon "side board" that will complement your main team. It does not matter what is in your side board. They can be whatever Pokemon you want (even the same ones as from your original team) as long as they are legal and comply with Standard OU clauses and tiers. Important: Even if you have, say, four Jirachi in your sideboard, you must comply with the Species Clause in your actual games. Even if you have 1 Jirachi in team and 4 in sideboard, you may only battle with one at a time. You may make two substitutions to your team with Pokemon from your side deck in between games.

The following will be an example of how an individual round might go. It will be in blue, because I can.

Original Team: a b c d e f
Side Board : w x y z

Game 1: a b c d e f

"Hm. Pokemon a and b didn't help me out. I'll replace them with w and x."

Game 2: w x c d e f

"Hm. x was really good, but w sucked. I'll replace that with y. Likewise, f wasn't really pulling its weight, so I'll replace it with z."

Game 3: y x c d e z

Now, because of the way the tournament is structured, you're going to have to be a bit handy with the team builder. I recommend using the box system on Pokemon Online. The simplest way to do this would be to put your team for that round and your sideboard for that round all into a box. That way, you can make substitutions really easily.

Tournament Rules

Standard OU. Make sure you follow what is in this post.
Best Two out of Three (obviously). You cannot switch teams in between matches, but instead you can EDIT your team with the aforementioned Side Board, which will consist of four Pokemon. Two substitutions can be made in between games.

Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
Wifi Clause: Team previewwill be onfor each game.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.

General Smogon Rules

I'm going to ABSOLUTELY REQUIRE you send me a PM each round with both your team and sideboard if you changed your team between rounds. If you kept the same team, you don't have to send me a subsequent pm, but if you made any changes, I need you to send me one. Please make it obvious which is your team and which is your sideboard. Do so before you battle. The PM must include the moveset, EV spread, nature, ability, and item for each Pokemon. These will come to play in case of a dispute. I only want logs in the case of a dispute (if your opponent thinks you made too many substitutions in between games).

There will be substitutes, for this tournament, and I will not hesitate to replace any of you. If you need an extension, MAKE IT CLEAR BEFORE THE DEADLINE. Make sure you are in active contact with your opponent before letting me know you have an extension. I don't want to have any disputes over activity and the like. Sign ups will be open for 48 hours. I want this to be a 128 man tournament! The first 62.5% will be included, while the other participants will be determined randomly from the remaining 37.5% of sign-ups.

ROUND 2
17. Metal Bagon vs 58. Bloo
13. Aqualouis vs 79. Jets
50. Scimjara vs 53. TalkingLion
31. KnightoftheWind vs 43. McMeghan
36. Vinc2612 vs 75. Pkrs
68. YAYtears vs 59. IceCarAdler
27. DarkLoic vs 88. !Nexus
33. Maaf vs 96. Steamroll
90. tehy vs 6. Iconic
78. HellPowna vs 8. Raseri
63. Brotom vs 34. Agammemnon
52. Lamppost vs 57. waterwarrior
19. Eo Ut Mortus vs 35. ala
46. EspyJoel vs 87. TropiOUs
11. Zurich vs 72. Zebraiken
38. Ojama vs 64. FelixMinamimoto
30. Taylor vs 4. lapras6666
23. AlphaJolt vs67. Shun DK
93. Giga Punch vs 47. CriCri95
77. Dude24 vs 48. Cristal
1. soviet vs 73. Lithium Catalysis
66. Eranu vs 74. Andviet
95. prem vs 92. Amell
60. DrMohammadLi vs 2. Noodlez

Players who have submitted their teams
1. HellPowna
2. Raseri
3. Bloo
4. Amell
5. lapras6666
6. Lamppost
7. Agammemnon
8. EspyJoel
9. soviet
10. YAYtears
11. Ojama
12. FelixMinamimoto
13. AlphaJolt
14. Brotom
15. DrMohammadLi
16. Jets
17. Iconic
18. Dude24
19. Scimjara
20. Zebraiken
21. Shun DK
22. Aqualouis
23. Eo Ut Mortus
24. Giga Punch
25. Noodlez
26. TalkingLion
27. IceCarAdler
28. DarkLoic
29. !Nexus
30. AndViet

Make sure both you and your opponent have submitted your teams before completing your match or I will not count it.

tl;dr: You have a team and a four Pokemon sideboard. After game 1, you can make two substitutions from your team with your sideboard. The substituted team is your team for game 2. If there is a game 3, you can make two more substitutions with that edited team from your sideboard (which will include some Pokemon from your original team if you made substitutions in between games 1 and 2). Honestly, it's like a side deck from a card game tournament, like Yugioh.

Plenty of time to get your matches done. I don't want any a lot of inactivity because quite frankly, we don't have substitutes. If you want to be a sub, post down below.

You may not use Deoxys-S for this or any future rounds.

If you want to use a different team than last round, make sure you PM me or you MUST use the same team you sent me last round. If you did not send me a team last round, make sure you do so.

The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Tuesday, December 27st. <==Put Wednesday, meant Tuesday. Still the 27th.

I am currently clearing the list of everyone who sent their teams last round. Since it was a different metagame last round, even if you sent me a team before that you're going to use, SEND IT TO ME AGAIN.

If you have played your match this round and haven't sent me your team again, that's fine. Please do so.

Noodlez def. DrMohammadLi 2-1
Game 1 pretty fun, he won
Game 2 despite a hilarious miss I got a chance to win.
Game 3 I caught the Ojama curse, but he played well.

Ggs man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)