1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by shrang, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerdling101

nerdling101

Toxic orb and bulk up miltank, air balloon dragonite, and non-posion heal toxic orb gliscor
    Luigifan likes this.
  2. superstar

superstar

Fails to be 2HKO'd by the following attacks:

252 Atk burned Genesect U-turn vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A: 112-133 (36.84 - 43.75%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    136+ Atk Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A in rain: 84-100 (27.63 - 32.89%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
    252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A: 114-134 (37.5 - 44.07%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Just sayin'
  3. Sharoy

Sharoy

focus sash pikachu.Becuase its too strong to carry a light ball.
  4. Gogeta

Gogeta

I've seen the combo of Extreme Killer Arceus and Extreme Killer Linoone before.

A traditional offensive combo, similar to Mence/Quaza. Send in your Arceus to weaken threats so the all powerful Linoone can do the cleaning.
    FlareQuake likes this.
  5. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Infenal Team's team:Lucario / Charizard / Moltres / Victini / Typhlosion / Reshiram
    Enough said, and he never switched out.

He actually did quite well considering I had a rain team but Giga Impact Moltres, Focus Punch Typhlosion and Flare Blitz Charizard were just stupid.

Edit : D-Tail/Flamethrower/Draco Meteor Garchomp, non-sturdy Forretress. That is all
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Luigifan likes this.
  6. Gogeta

Gogeta

This is actually the preferred set on a hail team, seeing as your Sturdy is broken the first turn you're in anyway.

But judging by that Garchomp set, I don't think he was taking that into consideration...
    Luigifan likes this.
  7. kitty mulcher

kitty mulcher

Heatrans carry flash fire?
    Wait turboblaze. Nothing to see here >.> <.<
  8. CarbonTheSecond

CarbonTheSecond

Watched a couple randoms play an Ubers match while bored. One guy had Rollout Carracosta, Regice, Steelix with Harden and Haxorus all on the same team. He won.
  9. FlareQuake

FlareQuake

Well I've seen quite a bit of "silly things", mostly In the first few matches of laddering but.

-Shaymis-S ... with Quick Claw (which actually activated twice in a row lol)
    -Chansey with Defense Curl + CM + Softboiled + Flamethrower
    -Choice Scarf Heatran w/Explosion.
    -Expert Belt Blissey anyone?
    And My Personal Favorite: Support Rayquaza w/both Sunny Day and Rain Dance on a team running SS Tyranitar lol
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Dallasboi1992 likes this.
  10. ogasian

ogasian

Expert Belt Latios...Soul Dew anyone?
  11. Punchshroom

Punchshroom para is worse than sleep
    is a Community Contributor

Someone should pack a Frisk mon to see the ridiculous held items they could be holding.
  12. Relados

Relados
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I don't know if this has been encountered yet, but I just saw Frustration Chandelure. I don't know what the plan behind that was.
    Shaymin 492 likes this.
  13. Shaymin 492

Shaymin 492

Also, there was Dream Eater Darkrai in that battle too lol
    Luigifan likes this.
  14. ogasian

ogasian

He was frustrated that he could not win a battle.
    Luigifan and shrang like this.
  15. Magcargo

Magcargo
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I once saw a guy using Stunfisk in Ubers (If I remember correctly, it was a moderator who was using it).
  16. Usatoday

Usatoday

I once ran into shell smash macargo on an air balloon
  17. shrang

shrang Defend the Headquarters of Revolution
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hey trickroom got to #1 with it. Not that #1 on the ladder means anything, but don't hate on Stunfisk :D
  18. nerdling101

nerdling101

A guy used imprison+spore smeargle.
    When I asked him what it was for, he said to imprison and then transform. Dittio would do that alot better
  19. magic123

magic123

Actually,I was the one who nicknamed my Physically Defensive Arceus-Ghost Arceus-Dark because I once got trolled before by using a fire move on an Arceus-Water nicknamed Arceus-Ice.XD
  20. Relados

Relados

I've seen that done with someone nicknaming Arceus-Normal to Arceus-Electric. Some guy got so confused when ExtremeSpeed was doing so much damage.

EDIT: Just ran into a guy who turned on the battle timer first turn, then lost to it a couple turns later.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    Luigifan and scotti like this.
  21. Flaming Facepalm

Flaming Facepalm

Does Giratina-A with Protect and Shadow Force count as a bad set? If so, then yeah.

And also:

Waterfall/Brick Break/Surf/Sleep Talk Choice Banded Kyogre.
    Luigifan likes this.
  22. urdrakonis

urdrakonis

Why is the showdown ladder so bad? I just had this battle against some guy using mist ball / luster purge Latis.

There was also this guy who had a team of 5 boosting sweepers and a Kyogre. He tried setting up on me over half the freakin battle. He also had his Kyogre use Surf on my Tentacruel like 5 times in a row while it died of toxic.

And these weren't 'noobs' who just started playing. Their ratings were around 1500s-1700s (is that any good?)
    Luigifan likes this.
  23. rileydelete

rileydelete

The Protect + Shadow Force combo is used for extreme PP stall. Regardless, it's still a silly idea :l

Often, ladders can become to inflated to the point that getting around 1600 with a new alt can be a piece of cake. All a new alt needs is a few wins to get similar ranking. This inflation is a HUGE problem with the OU ladder. Honestly, a rank that is in the high sixteen hundreds to mid seventeen hundreds is still a solid rank, but if it was earned on a fresh alt, the significance is deeply diminished.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Luigifan likes this.
  24. Hack

Hack formerly Hack He Must
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

1700 is really bad, get up around 2000 with a lowish deviation and you might play some people who know what they are doing.
    Nozzle likes this.
  25. Relados

Relados

The better ubers players will be at 2000+.

EDIT: Frenzy Plant Venusaur. I don't even want to know what goes through these people's heads.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    Luigifan and rileydelete like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)