Silly Things You've Seen On The Ladder (UU Version)

Foul play is actually pretty anti meta dont go knocking it too hard. I run sash zam with psyshock, shadowball, dazzling gleam and focuz blast. But, if you have a physical booster not named cloyster like haxorus for example. Foul play does more damage when had is at +2 than dazzling gleam.

+2 0- Atk Alakazam Foul Play vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 272-321 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Its actually great lure while you maintain the sash. I think they were expecting a psyshock switch in like mega aggron which foul play wouldve hit harder. As for psychic and psyshock, both have merits. Maybe not so much on the same set, but it allows yoy to hit both the defensive and sp def aide almost equally as hard.
Never really thought if it that way. Then again, it was running Psyshock. & Psychic on the same set. :P

Scarf deoxys-s... Just deal with it.

Edit: this happened during the deoxys era. Also the guy was using freakin stealth rock

Cursed Body Jellicent is one thing. Switching it in on a Scald and blowing your cover? That's just strange. And it let my Crocune sweep his team.

s and d were uu during the 'initial' period iirc (yeah, the one with kyub... and keldeo... and bisharp...)
And you and I were arguing about Bisharp being broken....
OT: SD/DD Haxorus. He used SD twice, then DD once. While I had a Florges out. The next turn, he used Brick Break. I kept predicting him to switch, so I Wish'd, Protect, Toxic. Killed with Moonblast.

Trolled with SR/Endeavor/Encore/Mach Punch Infernape.

So funny seeing a guy who got his entire team to 1% because he kept switching ;D

YES, THERE'S A NEW SILLY THINGS THREAD WHERE I CAN REDEEM MYSELF
-I found a Fenniken. It also had Ember.
-Quick Claw Florges
-Quick Claw anything
-EVOLITE BLISSEY
-Tyrantrum. With Hyper Beam. DRAGON BEAMMMMM
-Choice Band Victini. With, from what I could tell, all special moves.
-You guys don't understand how many Mightyena sweeps I can get when people don't even bother to status me trying to avoid Sucker Punch
-Non-Mega Banette
-Persian (Great in NU, but meh)
-Surf Cloyster? Why not use Razor Shell?
-People sending multiple Physical attackers out against my Furfrou, while I proceeded to Toxic stall them to death.
-Non-Mega Blastoise

How did you know the Victini was CB? did you knock it off?

Hydro Pump Cloy is usable, maybe he didn't wanna miss so he went for surf?

and reg blastoise isn't so bad, depending on the set.

also furfrou itself could probably go in this thread lol

Last edited:
mixed cloyster is actually a legitimate option as you can actually do fun shit like maim a weakened mega aggron (something like 70% aggron is ohko'd by +2 hydro pump) and other physical walls that would otherwise shit on your parade if you ran razor shell.

that said surf is pretty much a bad option imo because mixed cloyster doesnt invest a lot into spa afaik so you need the power.

and furfrou is terrible when you have options like mega aggron and fucking DONPHAN

Ohioisonfire Mixed Cloyster actually lets it get past Mega Aggron who doesn't care for pure physical Cloyster. Hydro Pump vs. Surf comes down to Risk vs. Reward and personal preference.

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Razor Shell vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Aggron: 94-112 (27.3 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+2 4 SpA Cloyster Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Aggron: 249-294 (72.3 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On that note, let me draw your attention to PHYSICAL SCARF PORYGON2: The New Meta (turn 27)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-147105701

I thought it was mixed attacker with Return (ala Gen 5 and Download), but P2 outsped Chandelure and took almost 55% from Crobat's BB...

I'm calling it now. Scarf P2 to be the top scarfer threat in the tier!

lol

Tbf:
252+ Atk Adaptability Porygon-Z Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 274-324 (93.5 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 260-308 (88.7 - 105.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

definitely new meta imo

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tbf:
252+ Atk Adaptability Porygon-Z Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 274-324 (93.5 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 260-308 (88.7 - 105.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

definitely new meta imo
He said Porygon 2...

He said Porygon 2...
+1 252+ Atk Porygon2 Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 262-310 (89.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon2 Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 244-288 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Definitely new meta.

And it's kinda funny how you called it a stupid team, yet I'm pretty sure the result would have been different had you not gotten the burn on the Flamethrower, and perhaps the missed Zen Headbutt on Crobat.

And on topic: Eviolite Slowbro. Apparently he thought it evolved into Slowking.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+1 252+ Atk Porygon2 Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Infernape: 262-310 (89.4 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Porygon2 Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 244-288 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Definitely new meta.

And it's kinda funny how you called it a stupid team, yet I'm pretty sure the result would have been different had you not gotten the burn on the Flamethrower, and perhaps the missed Zen Headbutt on Crobat.

And on topic: Eviolite Slowbro. Apparently he thought it evolved into Slowking.
Lol but Porygon Z does it so much better than P2 it's so outclassed

EDIT: Also if you're a scarfer that can't outspeed +1 Haxorus your in for a rough time. This meta has kinda created a benchmark with that.

A Random Scrub that burn stunk, but his donphan wouldve been at 25%, which is easy ko range of crobats BB or hydreigons dp, so no it didnt matter even with the burn.

As for the missed zen headbutt, it was on chandy not crobat. At that point hydreigon wouldve just came in spammed dp or u turn. That P2 mustve been neutral natured and 252 ATK EVS

+1 252 Atk Porygon2 Zen Headbutt vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 103-122 (35.6 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It did 38% as you saw in the replay, so thats most likely the spread.

He may have caughr me off guard, but it didnt make a difference at all since he had nothing fast to check hydre and crobat with the exception of bp on guts champ. Plus who runs supporting chestorest kingdra??

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-150102612

On a different subject, I saw a Serene Grace Blissey with Heal Bell, Inferno Telekinesis Victini, and a Chesnaught with Brick Break - all on the same team. I understand the Brick Break Chesnaught and (kinda?) understand the Serene Grace Blissey, but Inferno Victini? Really?
What's even funnier is how long it took me to beat the team.
(Oh, yeah, and there was Infestation Tentacruel. Really)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)