1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Programming sim2pkm

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Antar, Dec 24, 2012.

1. tml

tml

Are you going to do a version for D/P/Pt/HG/SS?
  2. Antar

Antar Self-anointed Czar of LC UU
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

I wasn't intending on it, no.
  3. Frog

Frog

Thx antar! Better than any of other christmas presents.
  4. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

Would it be possible to add the ability to make the opposite? Turning a set of .pkm files and generate a simulator importable, that is?
  5. Antar

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

It's definitely possible, but I don't see it as being worth the effort. By the time you exported the pkm, got sim2pkm to load the file and copy/pasted the output, you might as well have just made the team in the teambuilder. Only advantage I can see is if it read it straight from the save file and did, say, whole boxes at a time, but I haven't found a good reference yet for decoding save files.
  6. kalarse

kalarse

Thank you Antar. Terrific job :D
  7. TheCanadianWifier

TheCanadianWifier k fuck this ct thing, I can't find anything under 60 charac
    is a Pre-Contributor

This is more than awesome! Thanks so much Antar :]
  8. Scarface

Scarface

This is awesome Antar, thanks!
  9. Antar

Official Data Miner

Two bugfixes concerning Ho-oh and shininess in json-imported pokes. Version number upped to v1.5.
  10. Bidoofs Crazy Videos

Bidoofs Crazy Videos

I don't know if anybody will ever come back here again, but I just learned to use it now. It's still got a use, even when XY is out! Thanks a bunch, I use it to pokegen pokes to send up through bank.
  11. Antar

Official Data Miner

Bidoofs Crazy Videos, glad it's working for you! I really should upload new builds that fix the PS "Trait" vs. "Ability" issue (note that it's fine in the source), but I've been lazy.
  12. Bidoofs Crazy Videos

Bidoofs Crazy Videos

Yeah, I would appreciate that. However, I have Microsoft Word, so doing a find and replace isn't too difficult.

Also, I have a question, as I'm very inexperienced with all of this. What would happen if I were to tell it to create more than 6 PKM files at once (by inputting 7 or more Pokemon)? Somebody told me it would have very bad consequences, but I've not seen anything anywhere else saying that it would. I probably overlooked something, but I don't know whether or not what he's saying is true.
  13. -=Blu=-

-=Blu=-

Hey, I was just stumbling around and found this, and I'm interested in the workings behind the games, and recently got into reading the HEX values of the gen 6 pokemon format .PK6, I'm wondering how the application handles all the hex information not necessarily important for a functioning pokemon, ie; Things such as met location, and contest traits.
  14. Antar

Official Data Miner

I don't think anything bad would happen--it should just generate more PKM files.

sim2pkm starts with a "template" pkm file and modifies all the needed values rather than just generating a pkm file from scratch. So met location, contest stats, etc. don't get touched.
  15. Bidoofs Crazy Videos

Bidoofs Crazy Videos

Yeah, somebody else just tried it for me, using 12 pokes, and it worked. I don't know why the other one said it would give me "the blue screen of death."

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)