Programming sim2pkm

Would it be possible to add the ability to make the opposite? Turning a set of .pkm files and generate a simulator importable, that is?

Would it be possible to add the ability to make the opposite? Turning a set of .pkm files and generate a simulator importable, that is?
It's definitely possible, but I don't see it as being worth the effort. By the time you exported the pkm, got sim2pkm to load the file and copy/pasted the output, you might as well have just made the team in the teambuilder. Only advantage I can see is if it read it straight from the save file and did, say, whole boxes at a time, but I haven't found a good reference yet for decoding save files.

I don't know if anybody will ever come back here again, but I just learned to use it now. It's still got a use, even when XY is out! Thanks a bunch, I use it to pokegen pokes to send up through bank.

Yeah, I would appreciate that. However, I have Microsoft Word, so doing a find and replace isn't too difficult.

Also, I have a question, as I'm very inexperienced with all of this. What would happen if I were to tell it to create more than 6 PKM files at once (by inputting 7 or more Pokemon)? Somebody told me it would have very bad consequences, but I've not seen anything anywhere else saying that it would. I probably overlooked something, but I don't know whether or not what he's saying is true.

Hey, I was just stumbling around and found this, and I'm interested in the workings behind the games, and recently got into reading the HEX values of the gen 6 pokemon format .PK6, I'm wondering how the application handles all the hex information not necessarily important for a functioning pokemon, ie; Things such as met location, and contest traits.

What would happen if I were to tell it to create more than 6 PKM files at once (by inputting 7 or more Pokemon)? Somebody told me it would have very bad consequences, but I've not seen anything anywhere else saying that it would. I probably overlooked something, but I don't know whether or not what he's saying is true.
I don't think anything bad would happen--it should just generate more PKM files.

I'm wondering how the application handles all the hex information not necessarily important for a functioning pokemon, ie; Things such as met location, and contest traits.
sim2pkm starts with a "template" pkm file and modifies all the needed values rather than just generating a pkm file from scratch. So met location, contest stats, etc. don't get touched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)