Simipour

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is only to discuss Hiyakki's performance in competitive battling in general, not his tiering. Thank you very much.

Interesting things are bolded.

Abilities
Gluttony
Torrent

Base Stats
Code:
HP: 75
Attack: [B]98[/B]
Defense: 63
Special Attack: [B]98[/B]
Special Defense: 63
Speed: [B]101[/B]
Level-up moves
Code:
-Leer
-Lick
-Fury Swipes
-[B]Boiling Water[/B]
Pre-evo moves
Code:
-Scratch
-Water Gun
-Water Sport
-Bite
-[B]Taunt[/B]
-Fling
-[B]Acrobat[/B]
-Brine
-Recycle
-Natural Gift
-[B]Crunch[/B]
Egg moves
Code:
-Covet
-[B]Low Kick[/B]
-[B]Tickle[/B]
-[B]Nasty Plot[/B]
-Role Play
-Astonish
-Aqua Ring
-[B]Aqua Tail[/B]
-Mud Sport
-[B]Hydro Pump[/B]
Hiyakki is in the Ground egg group, meaning he has no legality issues for his egg moves.

TM/HM Compatibility
Code:
TM01-[B]Claw Sharpen[/B]
TM06-Toxic
TM07-Hail
TM10[B]-Hidden Power[/B]
TM12-Taunt
TM13[B]-Ice Beam[/B]
TM14[B]-Blizzard[/B]
TM15-Hyper Beam
TM17-Protect
TM18-Rain Dance
TM21-[B]Frustration[/B]
TM27[B]-Return[/B]
TM28-Dig
TM31[B]-Brick Break[/B]
TM32-Double Team
TM39-Rock Tomb
TM41-[B]Torment[/B]
TM42-Facade
TM44-Rest
TM45-Attract
TM46-Thief
TM47-Ankle Sweep - BP 60 Acc 100
TM48-Troll(Serebii's translation doesn't sound good)
TM52-[B]Focus Blast[/B]
TM55-[B]Boiling Water[/B]
TM62-[B]Acrobat[/B]
TM65-Shadow Claw
TM66-Payback
TM68-Giga Impact
TM80-[B]Rock Slide[/B]
TM83-[B]Cheer Up[/B]
TM86-[B]Grass Knot[/B]
TM87-Swagger
TM90-[B]Substitute[/B]
TM94-Rock Smash
HM01-Cut
HM03-[B]Surf[/B]
HM05-[B]Waterfall[/B]
HM06-Dive
Opinion: Member of the monkey trio. This guy has a trollish 101 base speed(go go go trollfreak), with decent 98 base stats on both sides of the spectrum, and with a fairly expansive movepool, Hiyakki looks to be a good speedy Pokemon in the competitive metagame. Unfortunately, both his abilities are fairly poor, but both are pretty good in Sub + Berry sets.

In general, Hiyakki is a revenge killer/late-game finisher. Not cleaner, finisher. After you use your sweeper, if tehre is anything left, Hiyakki can check it(unless Hiyakki IS your sweeper, in which case you need to build your team around it). Hiyakki gets Claw Sharpen, Cheer Up and Nasty Plot, all excellent offensive boosting moves, putting it in a rare category of water-types.

Sets
Special Sweeper
Hiyakki@ Life Orb
Modest
4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Focus Blast/Nasty Plot

Hiyakki plows forward with a standard special sweeping set. Water/Ice/Grass provides excellent neutral coverage. Focus Blast can be used for doing extra damage to Steel-types, or Nasty Plot can be used to boost your Special Attack.

Mixed Sweeper
Hiyakki@ Life Orb
<requesting EVs, since I can't operate damage calc for Hiyakki>
<insert Nature>
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Brick Break/Low Kick
-Ice Beam
-Return

Water + Normal provides excellent neutral coverage, the fighting type move covers Blissey adn gives you a hit against Empoleon, while Ice Beam gives you a good attack to hit dragons with.

SubSalac
Hiyakki@ Salac Berry
252 Atk 192 Spe 64 Def
Jolly
-Substitute
-Cheer Up/Claw Sharpen
-Waterfall
-Return/Acrobat

192 Spe with Jolly lets you outspeed all Scarfed Infernape with a neutral nature after the Salac boost. Sub twice to Salac activation, and proceed to sweep with Waterfall and Return/Acrobat.

Annoyer
Hiyakki@ Leftovers
<insert EVs + nature here>
-Substitute
-Torment
-Protect
-Boiling Water

Annoy your opponents a lot with this. Boiling Water has a good chance of a burn, and is thus preferred over Surf.

Nasty Plot MixMonkey
Hiyakki@ Life Orb
Modest
188 Atk 68 SpA 252 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam/Grass Knot
-Brick Break

Brick break 2HKOs all Blissey(including Leftovers). The remaining moves are obvious.

There you go! Discuss possible sets for Hiyakki, and what you expect to be his influence on the metagame.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
May I ask why Cheer Up is used on the SubBerry set if all it's running is Physical moves?

And in my opinion, there should be someone else on the team who can better handle Blissey. It could stall you out with its healing moves, and 98 Attack isn't saying much against Max/Max Bliss. The other sets look pretty good; you should mention how Hiyakki is one of the few Waters with a pure offensive boosting moves.

Azure Demon

Timid~gluttony
Item: petaya berry or salac berry
6hp/252spatk/252speed
Nasty plot
surf/hydro pump/boiling water
Grass knot
Hp ice

Wait, he has a point. Cheer Up is inferior to Claw Sharpen on a purely physical set. Even if all your moves have 100% it still helps against Sand Veil Gliscor and still (I assume).

i feel like this could combine claw sharpen with hydro pump in a mixed set to make sure it doesnt miss if you are worried about accuracy and also boost physical attack for a move like brick break

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@Crimson: Ice Beam is better than HP Ice. Also, that set is covered as a slash on the Special Sweeper.

@Epic Cherubi: That's why I slashed Claw Sharpen in.

@Rykard: Yes, but I'm hesitant to add too many mixed sets until I manage to run damage calculations. I'll add it once I managed to run them.

The Nasty Plot set looks pretty viable. The 101 Speed (the official trollnumber) really helps the little monkeys.
Probably the best elemental monkey imo.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Use torrent on the set(s) without berries (like the life orb set), since gluttony obviously won't help on them. Gluttony might be better on sets where you do use berries, although I could see both being useful.

But yeah, I like this monkey. But why was I under the impression that it learned hypnosis? Eh, whatever. Boiling water is nice, and it's overall got good coverage. Interested to see how it fares, regardless of its tiering

Azure Demon

@Crimson: Ice Beam is better than HP Ice. Also, that set is covered as a slash on the Special Sweeper.

@Epic Cherubi: That's why I slashed Claw Sharpen in.

@Rykard: Yes, but I'm hesitant to add too many mixed sets until I manage to run damage calculations. I'll add it once I managed to run them.
Actually ts not those a secondary options my set includes a berry and different ability than the one listed plus the nature is different and as for ice beam. I missed it on the list thanks for pointing it out:)

It sucks that he is Water.But is pretty fast, so he is at least different from the others.

His speed is actually really great.And with Cheer Up he can actually use his stats.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Any reason to use Boiling Water over Surf or Hydro Pump on the Offensive sets?

It basically boils down to Heatran's Flamethrower vs Fire Blast vs Flamethower.

Possible Gluttony Abuse???

Ability: Gluttony
Item: Peteya Berry
EVs: 200 HP - 252 SpAtk - 56 SpDef

Acrobat
Boiling Water
Surf
Nasty Plot

Possible Gluttony Abuse???

Nature: Naive
Ability: Gluttony
Item: Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Spe - 252 SpAtk - 4 HP

Substitute
Ice Beam
Surf
Nasty Plot
Fixed. Two Subs give you the berry, and Surf/Ice Beam give good coverage outside of Bulky Waters. But I would assume when you send this in to clean up, you've eliminated said bulky waters. Or I would hope you would.

Seriously. Surf -and- Boiling Water is just stupid on the same set.

Petaya Berry and Nasty Plot?
Hm, I think a Salac Berry would work much better on set above, for obvious reasons ^

The set, modified from youhaveaface's lolsy design, is basically Empoleon only much faster, frail as fuck, and can spam Nasty Plot from behind a Sub.

I can see this cheeky monkey being a problem for alot of threats thanks to the 101 speed, although it beats alot it means it is easy bate for garchomp to cleen up

I think it will be pretty dominant in UU. With mixed sweeper potential and good speed, it can run over quite a lot of walls.

Fixed. Two Subs give you the berry, and Surf/Ice Beam give good coverage outside of Bulky Waters. But I would assume when you send this in to clean up, you've eliminated said bulky waters. Or I would hope you would.

Seriously. Surf -and- Boiling Water is just stupid on the same set.
Nope. You need three subs to get s Berry Boost with those EVs. Make sure his Hp is divisible by four, or you run into issues like these. In this case he only needs 4 Hp EVs (given he has a perfect 31 Hp IV)

At level 50 he would need 8 Hp EVs to ensure a two sub boost.

Nope. You need three subs to get s Berry Boost with those EVs. Make sure his Hp is divisible by four, or you run into issues like these. In this case he only needs 4 Hp EVs (given he has a perfect 31 Hp IV)

At level 50 he would need 8 Hp EVs to ensure a two sub boost.
Ah. Move the 4 EVs in Defense to HP then, and Hiyakki's Two-Sub problem's fixed. I thought something was wrong when I chose where to put those.... Thank you for the update.

On the Sub Salac set in the OP, you should run Claw Sharpen and Aqua Tail. The SpAtk boost from Cheer Up is useless with all physical moves, as others have said, and Aqua Tail has a slightly higher Base Power than Waterfall and has perfect Accuracy after a Claw Sharpen boost. The Flinch from Waterfall might help it in some instances, but Aqua Tail should at least be slashed in that slot.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
A mixed Cheer up set works. Something like Cheer Up/Surf/Return or Brick Break/Ice Beam or Grass Knot or HP Fire (for Water+Normal resistors like Nattorei and Shedinja. Choice sets are also good on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)