SimonSays vs Matezoide at Unown Soup!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging User Matezoide
2v2 Babysitter Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
2 Substitutions
Arena: Leethoof's Unown Soup
Switch = OK
Items = On
Abilities = 2
Accepting.
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

SimonSays
Ralts (Chihiro) [M]
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Type: Psychic / Fairy

Abilities: Synchronize / Trace / Telepathy (H)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 2 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 10

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks (18):

Lvl Up:
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind

Egg:
Destiny Bond
Encore
Disable
Skill Swap
Confuse Ray

TM/HM:
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Thunderbolt
Psyshock
Shadow Ball

Tutor/Past Gen.:
~None~

Togekiss (Dame) [F]
Type: Fairy / Flying

Abilities: Hustle / Serene Grace / Super Luck (UNLOCKED)

Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 80
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 1
AC: 5/5

Attacks (38):

Lvl Up:
After You
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
ExtremeSpeed
Sky Attack
Magical Leaf
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
AncientPower
Follow Me
Bestow
Wish
Baton Pass
Safeguard

Egg:
Secret Power
Mirror Move
Psycho Shift
Nasty Plot
Stored Power

TM/HM:
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Light Screen
Reflect
SolarBeam
Thunder Wave
Protect
Substitute

Tutor/Past Gen.:
Roost
Magic Coat
Tailwind
Tri-Attack
Heat Wave
Heal Bell

Matezoide
<Happiny> [Luna] (F)

Nature: Modest (+1 Sp.Attack, -1 Attack)

Type

Normal: Normal STAB; +1 BAP on attacks that match dominant arena type after 3 actions. Unable to have Thrash or Outrage disrupted by oncoming damage.

About: Will come later

Abilities:

Natural Cure (Passive)
:

This Pokémon's body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokémon heals all status effects when switched out.

Serene Grace (Passive):

This Pokémon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack's secondary effects. (eg. Paralysis from Thunderbolt).

Friend Guard (HIDDEN ABILITY LOCKED, Passive):

The Pokémon's body emits an aura of joy that reduces the Base Attack Power of all opponents' attacks in multiple battles by two (2).

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 2 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 30
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
AC: 0/5

Attacks:

Pound (*)
Charm (*)
Copycat (*)
Refresh (*)
Sweet Kiss (*)

Shadow Ball (*)
Flamethrower (*)
Solarbeam (*)
Psychic (*)
Toxic (*)

Counter (*)
Endure (*)
Helping Hand (*)
Metronome (*)
Aromatherapy (*)

<Flareon> [Bridget] (Female)

Nature: Rash (+ Sp.Attack, - Sp.Def)

Type: Fire

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn status. Brighten Command.

Brighten Command: For the next six (6) actions, all this Pokemon's attacks with have their accuracy increased by one stage. Type Exclusive commands can only be used by Pokemon that are naturally that type, and are still available if the Pokemon changes type.

Command Type: Type Exclusive | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None

About: Even as a Flareon, Bridget is extremely innocent and curious, she has an extreme amount of respect (Even if rarely shown) towards the rest of the team and sees Chuck as her ''super-cool older brother'', despite being extremely worried about him. She chose to become a Flareon after being lost in the woods and seeing Twilight and Tara fight off a gang of water types, their passion for fighting and protecting those that need making Bridget realise what she wanted.

Flash Fire (Passive): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.

Guts (HIDDEN ABILITY UNLOCKED, Passive): This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.

Stats

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 65
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 1
AC: 5/5

Heliping Hand (*)
Tackle (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Growl (*)
Quick Attack (*)
Bite (*)
Covet (*)
Take Down (*)
Double-Edge
Batom Pass
Last Resort
Ember
Fire Fang
Fire Blast
Flare Blitz

Bide
Dig (*)
Double Team
Facade (*)
Flame Charge
Flamethrower
Giga Impact
Heal Bell
Hidden Power Grass
Overheat
Protect
Reflect
Rest
Shadow Ball (*)
Sleep-Talk
Substitute
Sunny Day
Superpower
Swift
Zap Cannon

Wish (*)
Yawn (*)
Flail (*)
Endure
Charm

Simon sends out their Pokemon first and attaches items
Mate sends out their Pokemon second, attaches items, and commands actions
Simon commands actions

I totally still remember everything! Also you guys picked a great arena. I still know it from a couple years ago lmao!

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

did i do the alphabet correctly lol

Last edited:

"Sudden stage fright... No matter, just play it straight and we can get through this."

@ EXP. Share
Synchronize | Trace
Trace active: either Natural Cure or Flash Fire (depending on who's sent out)

Dude....you kinda...got....wings....

@ Exp Share
Thats...weird...i am scared :<

Before Luna can panic, the trainer gives her a reassuring hug.

Shhhh....it is ok, i am sure thats just a prop or something. No reason to be afraid.

O-Okay....

Shadow Ball -> Flamethrower -> Shadow Ball

If Shadow Ball is Imprisoned, change all instaces of the move to Solarbeam

Blah, i am out of practice

Simon fluttered shyly, pushing his hat away from his eyes and smiling weakly.

"Hey, it's either butterfly wings or the risk of bleeding ichor from my orifices and speaking in Eldritch tongue. And this one's nicer, and doesn't maybe lead to minor genocide."

Evasive Teleport ~ Psyshock ~ Disable (Shadow Ball)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
(Note to self: Exp. Share grants one additional MC.)

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 100
SPE: 40
NATR: Bold
ITEM: Exp. Share
ABIL: Synchronize | Trace
STAT: N/A
OTHR: N/A

Luna (F)
HP:
SPE: 30
NATR: Modest
ABIL: Natural Cure | Serene Grace

Round 1: WHY WON'T YOU PEOPLE USE THE UNOWN????

Welcome, viewers, to one of the millionth (but yummy!) Unown Soup battles! To the left features SimonSays! To the right, Matezoide! With his gloriously Beautifly wings, SimonSays mumbles something about... something, and sends out his Pokeball! Out comes Chihiro, a male Ralts, and he's looking for some action! Matezoide complains about being out of practice but... hey, that's why you're practicing right now, riiiight???? With a mere sigh, he sends out Luna the Happiny! Luna opens her almost non-existent eyes and stares directly at the bold Chihiro. She seems flustered or something... and then criiiieeesssss. And would you look at that! Good guy Matezoide for the hug! Aww! Luna seems cheered up now... a bit.

Before the fight begins, Chihiro's Trace ability has taken effect and seem to copied Luna's Natural Cure ability! What sneaky shenanigans can he be planning?

Luna, feeling very uneasy, takes the "start" and focuses the essence of the shadows to her front. Chihiro is only standing still and isn't doing anything yet... that's quite odd especially since Happiny are such clumsy Pokemon! Without warning, Luna sends off the shadows of a hundred nightmares conjured into a single ball at the oh-so-patient Chihiro. This looks about to be a direct hi... wait, where did Chihiro go? The Shadow Ball completely "misses" Chihiro and went straight toward Hell! Chihiro reappears at the same spot, laughing at Luna's ill-fated effort.

Noticing that both of them haven't really achieved much, Chihiro takes the initiative to actually do something. He focuses the psionic powers of the mind to suddenly start making Luna feel weird pain. She's holding her head tightly as if she just obtained a never-ending headache; this must be quite the shock! Moments later, Luna shakes her head off like a maniac and glares angrily at the sinister Chihiro. The rage from this little one spouts in FLAMES and a mighty ray of fire cruises through the air and incinerates Chihiro's entire body. As the flames subside, it seems as if Chihiro took the attack like a man and with the grace of the hax gods, managed to not be afflicted by burn!

Although with a partially blackened body, Chihiro grins and smiles at the mischievous baby Luna. What could he be planning? With eyes closed, Chihiro seems to be... oh how could I know? I have no clue! But if you want to know what I think, I believe Chihiro has just entered the Luna's mind telepathically! He's searching for a move, a move he really hates, and he wants it gone... FROM LUNA'S MIND! At what seems like a second, the entire process is done and Luna cluelessly blinks into the eyes of Chihiro's whose plans have succeeded without a single doubt. Many Unown float around endlessly, eagerly spectating the match in excitement. Some of them are even spelling words to cheer on their favorites! It appears Chihiro's the overall fan favorite!

I can hear the sound of fear striking deep within Matezoide's heart, but I'm sure he has a plan! What will our contestants do next round? This may be a long battle!

Chihiro traced Luna's Natural Cure!
-6 energy

Action 1:

Chihiro used Evasive Teleport!

-6 energy
Luna used Shadow Ball!
The attack missed!
-6 energy

Action 2:

Chihiro used Psyshock!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 633/1000 (No)
8+3+(3-1.5)=12.5~13
-5 energy
Luna used Flamethrower!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 1000/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Burn) [<=200 Yes]: 450/1000 (No)
9+(3-3)=9
-7 energy

Action 3:

Chihiro used Disable!
Luna's Shadow Ball became disabled!
-7 energy
Luna can't use Shadow Ball!
-6 energy

[I THINK you still use energy for attempting to use a move a mon can't use. If not, let me know and I'll fix it. I faintly remember doing this in the past.]

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 76
ABIL: Synchronize | Natural Cure (3 actions)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 81
OTHR: Disabled (Shadow Ball, 5 actions)

Unown left:

SimonSays's actions
Matezoide's actions

Last edited:
((New thing; all Rounding is done at the end of the Round now. It doesn't affect this Round on account of only one attack hitting on either side, granted. Also Flamethrower is now only a 9 BAP move; Gen 6 reduced the BP of some of the more staple moves. Here is the New Data Audit, for all the moves and stuff))

"Alright my boy, it's turn to turn it up a notch! Sorry that you have to be so rough on such a cutie..."

Unown S: Secret Sword ~ Psyshock *2
- IF Unown S is unavailable when you would use it, use Taunt instead
- IF Happiny is no longer Normal type when you would attack, alternate between Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
SimonSays, can you clarify what the Rounding part means? Sorry, just not understanding it but I want to understand! Also I fixed Flamethrower, ty!

edit: oh oops I should have VMed but too late now lol. Taking note to VM in the future, I'm just used to the spam posts at Research haha.

edit: I seriously couldn't find that link, ty so much. <3 wait i did find this link... i just didn't know there were TABS ON THE BOTTOM ok now i know! i think it was like trying to turn a page in a book but somehow couldn't.

edit: OH I GET IT NOW. so if happiny did 9.5 damage action 1, 5.5 damage action 2, and 7.75 damage action 3, those would all add up at the end, making it 22.75, rounding to 23 at the end. OK! the individual actions wouldn't be rounded.

Last edited:

I think this....works?

Unown S (Shadow Force) -> Metronome (Disable [Psyshock]), Phantom Force, Torment, Boomburst, Forest's Curse, Sacred Fire, Trick Room, Infestation, Flash Cannon, Sludge Wave) -> Flamethrower

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 76
ABIL: Synchronize | Natural Cure (3 actions)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 81
OTHR: Disabled (Shadow Ball, 5 actions)

Round 2: FIGHT!

Let's continue! As clever as always, Chihiro senses a floating Unown-S around him and snatches it like a venus flytrap ensnaring a poor fly. He giggles, and attempts to wrap the Unown around his hand. He may be smart, but his physical body isn't really that strong! With the Unown in hand, Chihiro charges forward at Luna and slashes her with the Unown. Now while this may be super effective, may I remind you that this is running off Chihiro's... 0 Attack. The attack effortlessly bounces off Luna's chubbiness and... causes her to start laughing! That must have been quite the tickle albeit a faint slash line IS visible! But what is Luna laughing for? She's just sitting there swinging her arms all around as if she's trying to catch something! Kids these days... A Unown in the shape of a S just so happens to appear near Luna. Luna grins a sinister smile and snatches the Unown like a burglar at night. The Unown bursts with shadowy energy and envelopes Luna into the darkness. This confuses Chihiro as he was supposedly ordered to Taunt but as of now, it's impossible! From behind, Luna rushes out of the shadows and smashes Chihiro with a nightmarish assault!

Recovering from the attack, Chihiro channels his psychic powers to employ a shocking attack. This makes the lunatic of a Luna struggle in pain and causes her to topple over! Oh but wait! She may be on the floor... what is she wagging that "finger" for? Out of the blues, a majestic old forest erupts from the ground and surrounds little Chihiro. The trees start creeping even faster toward him, with the sweat madly dripping down Chihiro as if he just ran the marathon. Suddenly. the illusion of the forest vanishes and what's left is the remains of rotten tree branches attached to Chihiro. That's a horror story to tell your children, folks!

Unswayed by this weirdness, Chihiro focuses on only his mind and continues his psionic assaults against Luna. Another shock is employed and Luna is immediately jolted back into battle position! Seeing how there are what you could say properties of Grass-types onto Chihiro, Luna takes advantage of this situation by breathing in and exhaling an incredible Flamethrower! The flames sweep through Chihiro and set the branches on fire! ... for one second anyway. This seems to be inflicting insufferable pain anyway as Chihiro's is just kneeling on the floor praying to almighty Arceus for comfort! Can you imagine the pain???

Luna seems to have the advantage, but who knows what tricks both opponents may pull out of their sleeves! Chihiro's branches seem to be growing even thicker around him, though that shouldn't hinder his ability to fight! Meanwhile, Luna is still suffering from brain-damage... omigosh, that's terrible as such a young age! Best wishes to the both of you! IF YOU NEED MEDICAL HELP YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL!

Oh and it seems the Unown on the background are... not happy I would say. Unown BZY says "NOPE IM OUTTA HERE" and vroom vrooms away into the sky. Well, not like we care about him anyway.

Action 1:

Luna used Shadow Force!
Chihiro tried to Taunt but nope!

-10 energy
Luna strikes from the shadows!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 378/1000 (No)
12+(1.5-1.5)x1.5=15
-10 energy

Action 2:

Chihiro used Psyshock!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 188/1000 (No)
8+3+(3-1.5)=12.5
-5 energy
Luna used Metronome!
RNG Roll (Disable) [1-100]
RNG Roll (Phantom Force) [101-200]
RNG Roll (Torment) [201-300]
RNG Roll (Boomburst) [301-400]
RNG Roll (Forest's Curse) [401-500]
RNG Roll (Sacred Fire) [501-600]
RNG Roll (Trick Room) [601-700]
RNG Roll (Infestation) [701-800]
RNG Roll (Flash Cannon) [801-900]
RNG Roll (Sludge Wave) [901-1000]
LET THE ROULETTE SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
[444]
Luna used Forest's Curse!
Grass-type was added to Chihiro!
-(6+8)=14 energy

Action 3:

Chihiro used Psyshock!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 78/1000 (No)
8+3+(3-1.5)=12.5
-9 energy
Luna used Flamethrower!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 566/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Burn) [<=200 Yes]: 434/1000 (No)
9+(3-3)x1.5=13.5
-7 energy

Chihiro received 15+13.5=28.5~29 damage!
Luna received 12.5+12.5=25 damage!

Chihiro's Natural Cure ended! Trace is back.

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 52
OTHR: Forest's Curse (5 actions)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 50
OTHR: Disabled (Shadow Ball, 2 actions)

Unown left:

Matezoide's actions
SimonSays's actions

Last edited:
Objection! Shadow Force is a +1 priority move, which works as usual even when the move comes from an Unown.

Last edited:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I could argue against that by saying it takes time to grab the Unown, meaning that Shadow Force isn't in priority but I will abide to the priority rules. Fixed.

Well, look at it like this. Ralts uses its better speed to grab the Unown before Happiny. Therefore, I do not see Happiny using Shadow Force before Ralts. It's not possible... because Happiny is not in possession of the Unown. Where does the priority come from for Happiny to obtain the Unown?

Happiny's intent. The Unown takes to her because she needs it first, because she's going to move outside of her normal ability. It's like a Cause -> Effect -> Cause -> Effect and back again. They "call" the move, and it comes to them. But it was always theirs to use, if that makes sense? Like a massive collective shared consciousness.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it. I'm starting to understand where you're coming from. I guess it's like a "psychic" connection from Unown to the caller and Unown will come in priority.

I'm sorry to the mods here but the descriptions need to be clearer for such a popular arena! I recommend editing the Arena Compendium with a more in-depth description for Unown Soup.

edit: lol oops, I thought SimonSays already ordered! hahahaha

edit: I FIXED TAUNT TOO

Last edited:
It is alright, Flora. Everyone makes mistakes lol.

And it is actually my turn now, as Simon ordered first last round :P

Unown B (Blue Flare) -> Flamethrower -> Shadow Ball

If Unown B is unavaliable, use Unown A (Aeroblast) that action.
If you are Tormented AND you are not taunted, use Sweet Kiss A2.

((Ralts would have tried to Taunt. So -3 En))

"In my experience, there's always a way out. Chihiro, it's time to adapt!

"Also, I really need to train you for hitting harder."

Unown C: Conversion2 ~ Psyshock *2

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I'm going to begin Round 3 by saying I love ASB and I love the community. For all these mistakes, I would probably have drowned in sorrow or something, but you guys didn't do it in such a mean fashion. I even laughed at some of the mistakes you guys pointed out! I know ASB is all about having fun (and sometimes having a head LOL) and I'm really glad you guys are around. ASB would be nothing without its players. There may be some bad parts, but we can ignore them (or improve on them!) and move on. Okay, time to make more mistakes. But really, this is a great learning experience and I'll be sure to do soo much better after this first reffing in such awhile! I'm also trying my best to be honest with what I think and I'm willing to see what both views have to offer!

Also just realized this now but I do not fully understand the mechanics of Forest's Curse interaction's with Conversion 2... here anyway. Here's what I'm going to do. Forest's Curse adds the Grass-type but Conversion 2 replaces all the typings. Therefore, Forest's Curse will no longer be in effect and Conversion 2 will replace it. Forest's Curse may be used again to add Grass to the new typing.

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 52
OTHR: Forest's Curse (5 actions)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 50
OTHR: Disabled (Shadow Ball, 2 actions)

Round 3: FIGHT!

Seeing how he's at the disadvantage point, Chihiro seems eager to try out some trickery to pull out a win! The flames from the last round still rage within his minds and he immediately thinks up some counter types to lessen the heat. His skin suddenly starts solidifying into a rock-hard armor. The branches that appeared from the Forest's Curse seem to have vanished as well as if they never existed. Spooky! Unaware of the new type change, Luna begs to Unown B to aid her force. A beautiful beam of fiery blue erupts from the Unown and strikes Chihiro with the force of a volcanic eruption. Moments later, the attack subsides and... would you like at that? Chihiro has withstood the damage without a sweat! Taking Reshiram's second signature move like a pro since 1906. No fire that big will ever hurt Chihiro much now!

Chihiro moves his plan to the offense, as Luna is still pretty darn healthy, and uses his main move Psyshock to inflict some mental damage. Luna mildly shrugs it off as she's now used to how the move works and starts building up energy. Out comes a stream of fire that collapses onto Chihiro but that doesn't seem to be doing much damage due to the rock armor! We seem to be in the need of "moar damage" as the Unown have quietly fell asleep in mid-air. Noticing this, Chihiro unleashes another barrage of shocks that disrupt Luna's dreams of victory. Luna recovers from the assault and conjures up a shadowy ball, throwing it immediately at the little Ralts. This seems to be a direct hit on the face and sends Chihiro flying! Moments later, a little crash can be heard and Chihiro seems to feel a little mentally ill.

Chihiro's running out of time and it seems Luna still has the upper advantage! What can Chihiro do to save himself?

Action 1:

Chihiro used Conversion 2!
RNG Roll (Rock) [1-250]
RNG Roll (Water) [251-500]
RNG Roll (Fire) [501-750]
RNG Roll (Dragon) [751-1000]
CONVERSION2 ROLLED 13 SOOO
Chihiro transformed into the Rock-type!
-5 energy
Luna used Blue Flare!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=850 Yes]: 485/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 812/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Burn) [<=400 Yes]: 472/1000 (No)
13+(3-3)x.67=8.71
-9 energy

Action 2:

Chihiro used Psyshock!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 834/1000 (No)
8+3+(3-1.5)=12.5
-5 energy
Luna used Flamethrower!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 427/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Burn) [<=200 Yes]: 946/1000 (No)
9+(3-3)x.67=6.03
-7 energy

Shadow Ball became undisabled!

Action 3:

Chihiro used Psyshock!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 761/1000 (No)
8+3+(3-1.5)=12.5
-9 energy
Luna used Shadow Ball!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 233/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Lower SpD) [<=400 Yes]: 356/1000 (Yes)
8+(3-3)=8
Chihiro's SpD was lowered!
-6 energy

Chihiro received 8.71+6.03+8=22.74~23 damage
Luna received 12.5+12.5=25 damage!

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 33
STAT: -1 SpD (1 round [is this right?])
OTHR: Conversion 2 (Rock, permanent)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 28

Unown left:

SimonSays
Matezoide

edit: fuuu I forgot to tag you guys but I think you'll all find it in a timely fashion!

Last edited:
((Yes, you got the stat change rate right no worries you're perfect))

"... We've been playing for an opponent who matches health. Our foe here has 20 strong headstart on us. Time to try kick it up a notch!"

Unown F: Focus Blast ~ Destiny Bond ~ Psyshock
- IF Unown F is unavailable, use Unown P: Paleo Wave instead
- IF Protective/Evasive action is used successfully, Chill and push actions back

Alright, Luna! I see an opening!

Y-Y-Yay! :D....wait, it isnt going to hurt, is it?

Chill -> Unown E (Encore) -> Chill

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I... don't remember if I'm supposed to allow the second chill to happen or not. Was leaning on no since the Pokemon already fainted... but the round/action hasn't ended unless the round/action ends because the Pokemon fainted? Can't find it in the handbook. =/ If the third action was something like an attack, that obviously wouldn't happen because there's no target. But since chill is self-targeted, I think it's used regardless of whatever the other Pokemon is doing.

Aaaaand, I'm sure Destiny Bond doesn't go in effect because Chihiro self-KOes himself, albeit with the help of Luna's Encore. If I'm mistakened, let me know!

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: 33
STAT: -1 SpD (1 round)
OTHR: Conversion 2 (Rock, permanent)

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 28

Round 4: FIGHT!

This is looking to become a wrap-up for our little psychic brat! Chihiro summons the ferocious Unown F and commands it to attack Luna! With its mind, Unown F focuses mental energy in front of it and shoots it right at Luna! This blast explodes and blood can be seen dripping down from Luna's sides. That must have broke a ton of artilleries! Although struggling to keep calm, Luna abides her trainer's wishes and painfully sits down and kinda "chills" out. Blood barfs out in hefty coughs, but Luna knows that good things will happen when you patiently wait.

With tired eyes, Chihiro condemns Luna with a spiritual, ghostly pact of the future. Shadows wrap all around Luna and envelope the forbidden magic of sacrifice. It seems Chihiro knows his time is up... but Luna? She definitely doesn't look too sad at all as she calls upon the power of Unown E and starts playfully clapping and causing an astounding amount of noise! Despite the blood making a sea of red within the delicious soup that resides under the two, Luna has successfully Encored Chihiro! Despite the blood making a sea of... wait, I'm not the one being Encored!

Like a slave in a camp surrounded by terrorists of many kinds, Chihiro mindlessly obeys his master's will and forces himself to repeat a second Destiny Bond pact... albeit to no good as Chihiro collapses on his knees, jerking his face in all directions in agony... until he drops on the floor, fainted from exhaustion! Luna wipes the running blood from her eyes as she witnesses the act. As she's calming down after the battle, the evil spirits lift from her body and fly freely into the sky. Will the restored energy be enough to leave a mark on SimonSay's next Pokemon?

Action 1:

Chihiro used Focus Blast!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=700 Yes]: 598/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 30/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Lower SpD) [<=100 Yes]: 745/1000 (No)
[12+(3-4.5)+3]x1.5=20.25
A critical hit!
-8 energy
Luna chilled out!
+12 energy

Action 2:

Chihiro used Destiny Bond!
Chihiro attempts to bring the target down with him!
-15 energy
Luna used Encore!
Chihiro became locked into Destiny Bond!
-9 energy

Action 3:

Chihiro used Destiny Bond!
But it failed!
-15 energy
Chihiro fainted from exhaustion!
Luna chilled out!

+12 energy

Luna received 20.25~20 damage!

Chihiro (M)
HP:
EN: KOed

Luna (F)
HP:
EN: 43

Unown left:

SimonSays's Togekiss is released but he still needs to give it an item
Matezoide
SimonSays

Last edited:
You are completely right on both issues, Flora.

*Pant* *Pant* I am....*pant*....ok!

Unown T (Taunt) -> Flamethrower -> Psychic

If Unown T is unavaliable AND you are not taunted, use Unown I (Ice Beam) that action
If sucesful Protective/Evasive action, chill that action and push-back.

Last edited:
Simon bit his lip, the sight of Chihiro's slight frame collapsed in exhaustion still visible at the back of his mind, the edges growing red and dark an- no. A quick flutter at his back reminding him of his new goal. Less reliance on Grimdark. We don't need to burn down the arena every time we have a friend get hurt on our account, to have them bloodied and broken at our feet, to have to explain how my mistakes lead to more hurt...

Dame nuzzled Simon's cheek, offering comfort and reassurance. Before turning back to the injured Happiny. This wasn't a fight; this was a mercy knockout.

"*sigh* I'm sorry sweetie it's bed time for you."

Magic Coat ~ Air Slash ~ Aura Sphere

Last edited:

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
(Amulet Coin: +1 Currency Counter)

Hmm, also just noticed that Abilities are set to Two. Dame's Hidden Ability is unlocked so I'm wondering if you're supposed to pick two of the three available abilities for Togekiss? I'd imagine you obviously do not want Hustle though lol!

Also if you guys don't like the tagging and it feels annoying, just say it in your post and I won't tag you. I'm just trying it out!

Dame (F)
HP:
SPE: 80
ITEM: Amulet Coin
ABIL: Serene Grace | Super Luck

Luna (F)
HP:

Round 5: FIGHT!

SimonSays gently returns his fallen comrade back to the comfort of his Poke Ball. He cuddles it against his hands, looks down, and swiftly grabs another Poke Ball. With a throw that rivals that of the great Olympic triathletes, Dame pops out and gives the entire arena an aura of happiness. What a cutey!

Dame starts out the round by creating a magical barrier in front of her. This is obviously a shield but what does it block? Luna commands Unown T to fight for her, making it Taunt at Dame. Little does she know that the barrier happens to be a Magic Coat and the futile badmouthing attempt is thrown right back at Luna! Mad at your own words that you can't use anymore status moves? That's just two sides of the moon!

With a graceful glide, Dame cuts through the air and creates a wind slash that rushes right at Luna. This rips right through her body and causes her to topple over! Slowly, but surely, she gets up--as apparently the move was not strong enough to completely waste her--and scorches the happy flying thing with triangles. The flames of hell rampage throughout Dame's pure body, leaving it with the mark of the Devil. I thought Luna was a good little girl too...!

Although hindered by an incinerating wing, Dame manages to calm her mind and focus her purpose on swiftly destroying the battle-weakened Luna. Dame collects the power of aura from who knows where (probably stole them from the many Lucario nearby) and blasts the Luna with an incredible Aura Sphere! This causes Luna to fly into the air like a bouncing meteor and smack her head onto the edge of the arena, where her eyes finally close as she takes a long nap. She did well, trainer.

Dame eagerly awaits what her next foe will be. Will it be the one to make KFC out of a toasty... not-really-a-chicken bird? Let's see next time!

EDIT: BETTER BRING SOME BURN HEAL NEXT TIME

Action 1:

Dame used Magic Coat!
-10 energy
Luna used Taunt (Unown)!
Taunt was reflected back! Luna became Taunted!
-10 energy

Action 2:

Dame used Air Slash!
RNG Roll (To-Hit) [<=950 Yes]: 759/1000 (Yes)
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 259/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Flinch) [<=600 Yes]: 705/1000 (No)
8+3+(7.5-4.5)=14
-5 energy
Luna used Flamethrower!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=63 Yes]: 940/1000 (No)
RNG Roll (To-Burn) [<=200 Yes]: 65/1000 (Yes)
9+(3-6)=6
Dame became burned!
-7 energy

Post-action
-2 HP (Dame)

Action 3:

Dame used Aura Sphere!
RNG Roll (To-Crit) [<=125 Yes]: 71/1000 (Yes)
[8+(7.5-4.5)+3]x1.5=21
A critical hit!
-6 energy
Luna fainted!

Post-action
-2 HP (Dame)

Dame received 6+2+2=10 damage!
Luna received 14+21=35 damage!

Dame (F)
HP:
EN: 79
SPE: 80
ITEM: Amulet Coin
ABIL: Serene Grace | Super Luck
OTHR: Burned

Luna (F)
HP:
KOed

Unown left:

Matezoide automatically sends out Flareon (Flash Fire | Guts) but still needs to give it an item
SimonSays
Matezoide

Last edited:
((Aww, you didn't have to do that, bro. =))

"Alright you little 420 blazer, come and get it! Let's see who wins the damage race!"

Heal Bell ~ Air Slash *2
- IF Flareon would be faster than you when you would go to act, use Thunder Wave that action and push actions back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)