Simple Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so Skill Linked Icicle Spike isn't an option under simple Beam, but what about Simple Butterfly Dance from Urugamoth?

Simple Bulk Up Slaking.

Our Arceus who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name... Oh who am I kidding, Slaking will destroy Arceus too.

Why does Cloyster lose Skill Link? O.o
Because the ability changes to Simple, which... I actually didn't think of either. Cloyster has other attacking options, however, eg Ice Beam, Surf. You wouldn't want to use Surf with non-Water Absorbers out, though.

Follow me does screw this. However, Togekiss and perhaps Clefable are the only users of the move.
Lucario & Pachirisu can get it as an eggmove. Only notable because each has an interesting DW ability (Justice Heart & Volt Absorb respectively).

The loss of skill link might be worth it for Cloyster simply because of the overwhelming power of rock blast/icicle spear. who knows, it might still go off and hit 4-5 times...

Why does nobody pay attention to Regigigas?

Simple Rock Polish Regigigas could be legitimately amazing.
I prefer Shell Break Cloyster. I mean, don't get me wrong, Regigigas' attack is stellar, but it only caps at 460, which is less than many sweepers after they get boosted.

I've also heard that skill swap on regigigas doesn't really work the way you expect it to be. Something like, he loses the ability, but only after the ability has halved his stats. Even though he loses the ability, the damage has already been done.

I may be wrong though

Lol this reminds of the article in the Smog that talked about if Salamence or Gyarados got Simple....

To contribute to the discussion, you think it could be used in conjunction with Screech or Metal Sound/Fake Tears? I'm not sure if any poke learn both (and I'm aware you're eating half a MS for it), but that would force mass switching. Or maybe a doubles/triple variant with a one-two punch approach

Why does Cloyster lose Skill Link? O.o

I think this move just made Slaking MORE viable.
Because Cloyster's ability becomes Simple instead of Skill Link.

I suggested at one point a "Limit Belt" that would give a Pokemon a LO boost, but remove their ability, basically suited for Slaking and Gigas. This move is probably as close as I'm ever going to get, is it? :P

In singles, this move is probably best used in a metagame where Jalorda is a common sight. Little Cup, maybe, but there are so many other Pokémon that make use of stat boosters that could predict it and switch in.

Tabunne used simple beam on cloyster. Cloyster uses shell break. White herb prevented Cloyster's stats from being lowered.

The enemy fled.
You do forget that cloyster doesn't have skill link anymore.

Sorry rock blast.

It COULD go special in hail....idk though...

Simple Beam + Transform = another Smeargle/Mew possibility!

Or just switch to Choice Scarf Eccentric Ditto.

Growth in Sunny Day = +2 Attack and +2 Special Attack. +4's with/after Simple Beam. Smeargle can Baton Pass Growth and sleep stuff with Spore, or Lovely Kiss if you fear Herbivore.

How about Simple Beam on Manaphy? Sure it loses Hydratation but +6 Sp. Atk. from one Tail Glow is just scary.
Or Hippowdon with both Stockpile AND Slack Off. Two Stockpiles, for the price of one, and using it three time puts Hippowdon at +6 for BOTH defensive stats! Quagsire, Gastrodon, and Synthesis Torterra (in sun) could also Stockpile boost, but to name a few.

Then there is Cosmic Power and Calm Mind users. Like Starmie and Claydol.

Why does nobody pay attention to Regigigas?

Simple Rock Polish Regigigas could be legitimately amazing.
Even with +2 rock polish his speed is basically overkill. Speed only helps you so much, I guess you could add more bulk though HP, but that's kind of a hassle if you ask me. Better off just baton passing a +2 attack +1 speed boost from Noobjask and sweep with simple beam's effect.

Could make Pokemon whose only boosting move is Claw Sharpen (and whose abilities are useless) halfway useful.

...Kecleon, anyone?

Kecleon @ Life Orb / Custap / Lefties / whatever
- Claw Sharpen
- Shadow Sneak
- Return / Thunder Wave
- Brick Break
....LOL. I know Kecleon still kind of sucks even without Color Change, but... meh...

On the other hand, the prospect of a Dragon Dance Dragonite with Simple is pretty scary.

This can work really well in singles to great effect actually, by ridding an opponent of their ability a la gastro acid. Breloom, for example, is made by its ability, and gets stalled to death withput Poison Heal due to its own Toxic Orb. Machamp loses its core STAB move, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)