1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Thorns, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Thorns

Thorns

For the Ever Grande forum since I've been seeing a lot of threads comprising of one question. And people continue to make these threads after this thread was posted. Use this thread and use it well.
  2. Ouro

Ouro

244 speed
  3. Cruiselax

Cruiselax

244 for the anti-dos version
    328's are the most common
  4. touched

touched

it depends
    244 to beat adamant ttar
    270 to beat adamant hera
    285 to beat jolly cham
    299 for max speed neutral nature
    300 to beat neutral zapdos, mence, slaking
    328 for max speed +nature

depends on what you want to outrun and hit
  5. Cerivious

Cerivious

And anywhere between 301 to 304 for outrunning those things that try to outrun things.

Edit: I have a question too, which is better on Forry, HP Bug or Earthquake.
  6. keloggsequent

keloggsequent

I enjoy HP [Bug]

but its preference so that question can't really be answered
  7. Thorns

Thorns

I'd go with Earthquake to take care of Magnetons on the switch.
  8. A$AP DARKY

A$AP DARKY mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Alright, I got a simple question. Where are the Elemental Punch tutors in the battle frontier? I can't seem to find them.
  9. Nightsever

Nightsever

i prefer hp bug for hitting the common spinners
  10. Thorns

Thorns

I believe they are two old women in a house near the Pokemon Centre.
  11. toy

toy

i run 276 to outrun smeargle =]
  12. Ace777

Ace777

For Flygon I use either 244 (for Tyranitars), 299, or the max 328.
    You could use both Earthquake and Hidden Power Bug if you don't mind losing Explosion / Reflect / Light Screen / Counter respectly.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 192 Def / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    Actually the two women are near the Battle Dome. It's the house on the left side of the screen; they aren't even near the pokemon center. (The woman on the right teaches all three punches.)
  13. rekt

rekt

Forretress @ Leftovers
    ~ Hidden Power [Bug]
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Explosion

That's what I use, but for some reason I really enjoy blowing up.
  14. Thorns

Thorns

15. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Yes.

Running a lot of special attack rather than attack is much more useful, imo.
  16. Ace777

Ace777

I don't see why not use 84 HP evs instead of 76 HP. It gets 352 which gets 22 HP per turn instead of 21 using 350 HP. I also like Rock Slide / Hidden Power Flying against Dragon Claw as Dragon Claws only used for three Pokemon Flygon, Salamence and Dragonite while Rock Slide beats 2/3 Pokemon listed as it also beats those pesky Rest Talk Zapdos with 252 / 252 / 4 spreeds; I would lose those Special Attack evs for more Attack because Fire Blast still 2hkos skarmory and ohkoes Forretress with either 270 or 256 Special Attack. Meh I would also lose those Speed Evs down to 286 / 285 for Jolly Medicam.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 148 HP / 160 Atk / 200 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Brick Break
    - Fire Blast
    - Rock Slide / Hidden Power Flying
    - Toxic

368 HP, 380 Attack and 286 / 285 Speed is what I would use for the McSalamence set.
  17. AverageJoe

AverageJoe

I just started emerald and picked Treecko who I've heard gives the hardest challenge. Who else should I get? I was thinking about Sableye because of the no weaknesses thing.
  18. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Well if you want good pokemon I'd probably pick up Taillow and Ralts/Abra and you should be good to go. Geodude is always pretty solid as well. To be perfectly honest with you though it makes no difference what pokemon you use because bad stats, typing, and/or moves are all canceled out when you really start to out level the AI opponents. A 10-20 level difference severely negates any sort of advantage the AI could have.
  19. AverageJoe

AverageJoe

I think the whole Ralts line looks stupid, so where can I get an Abra?

Could I actually beat the game with only a Sceptile if it was around 10 levels above everything?
  20. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Abra is found on the island with the second gym (fighting) in the cave just to the west. They're kind of rare but you can find them. Any pokemon game can be beaten with just the starter if you really wanted to. Just battle every trainer and you should easily be high enough leveled to take on anyone. I usually play the games with 2 or 3 pokemon but I've done it alone with both Swampert and Blaziken easily and I'm sure Sceptile wouldn't be much different.
  21. AverageJoe

AverageJoe

I'm going through diamond right now with only the Piplup line and it's been pretty easy so far.

Abra is cool though. I'd get one, but I just realized I don't have anyone to trade with to evolve it into Alakazam.
  22. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Is the legendary dog in FRLG "hard-coded" to have a bunch of zero IV's? I've noticed three different dogs caught in FRLG games that have at least four zeroes. I also noticed an off-hand reference in another thread to bad IV's on dogs in FRLG. Is it true that the game has a bias to produce bad IV's for the legendary dogs in FRLG? Or have I just had bad luck so far?
  23. touched

touched

yes, its programmed to give them a bunch of 0 IVs in FRLG
  24. Carl

Carl or Varl

They, like the Latis in RSE, are far more likely to have bad IVs unfortunately.
  25. Chawla

Chawla

I have a question thats needs a fast answer. I was reseting for a good Eevee. I got these IV's. Modest Nature, Spd last.

23|15|29|19|23|23 HP Dark 67.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)