Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

1. To deter people like you from restarting the entire fucking game to catch a subpar Pokemon. Also because Nintendo sucks.
2. Go to a route with a house (I use Route 2) and exit unt the dog is on that route then run around with a Parasect in your party.
Does that mean they intentionally make the IVs horrible? As in you will never get one with good IVs? What's the Parasect for?

Alright, I think I've got it now.

For the RS lati@s you will get latias in sapphire and latios in ruby. The IVs and nature are set after looking at the TV in your home after you beat the elite four for the first time. So if you want to hunt it you should get your team ready, get whatever items you may need, and save before looking at the TV. Do not save after looking at the TV unless you have the lati@s that you want. The IVs for the RS lati@s are hard-coded to be very bad.

The Emerald lati@s is similar, but the TV asks you to choose a color (red -> latias, blue -> latios). The IVs are not hard-coded to be very bad. I can't remember if there is a chance to save and do other things before looking at the TV in emerald

For the legendary dogs in FR/LG you can only get one per playthrough. The dog that shows up is determined by your starter. Bulbasaur -> Entei, Squirtle -> Raikou, Charizard -> Suicune. They show up immediately after you beat the elite four for the first time. Getting the national dex or going to the sevii islands is not required. The stats are determined the first time that you meet them, so don't save after meeting them until you capture them in case the nature is bad. The IVs will always be bad because they are hard-coded to be bad.

Is that all correct?

Thanks to Lorak, Lightsabre, Havak+ and Thorns for clearing things up.

Does that mean they intentionally make the IVs horrible? As in you will never get one with good IVs? What's the Parasect for?

Yes, they do make them intentionally horrible :(

I'm guessing that the parasect is for Spore, the 100 accuracy sleep move. If that's not the reason then I'm curious about it as well. :)

Wow it's true. I just caught Entei and these are its IVs:

HP: 26-27
ATK: 4-5
DEF: 0-1
SP.ATK: 0-1
SP.DEF: 0-1
SPD: 0-1

Well at least one of its IVs is good.

Earlier Lightsabre said that all I needed to do in order to get the legendary dogs was to beat the elite four. So I beat them, Professor Oak came over and told me I'm not ready for the national dex. I cannot find the darn thing at all.

Is there anything else needed? Do I need the national dex, or do I need to go to the sevii islands?

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Okay, so I'm doing the 'ol RNG abuse to catch a Regice with this spread:

7387, Calm, 26,23,24,26,31,30 (HP Fire 67)

I'm a pompous ass, so I want it in a dive ball. I don't want to waste a lot of time throwing dive balls at a Regi that doesn't have that spread so I've decided to use a my lead as a speed filter when SRing:

• Regice with the desired spread has a speed stat of 57.
  • My lead is a Timid Ditto with 56 speed.
  • The surrounding spreads are all slower than the one I'm going for.
So, theoretically, if the Regice outspeeds my Ditto, then it is pretty safe to assume that I have the right timing and the desired spread has been hit. That would be my cue to start tossing dive balls at it. Well, I just outsped a Regice, but decided to masterball it just to see how far I am from the desired frame. However, the Regice has the desired spread! How is it that a Regice with 57 speed got outsped by a Ditto with 56 speed? Does the badge boost in this game bump your pokemon's speed higher than what the summary screen says?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Okay, so I'm doing the 'ol RNG abuse to catch a Regice with this spread:

7387, Calm, 26,23,24,26,31,30 (HP Fire 67)

I'm a pompous ass, so I want it in a dive ball. I don't want to waste a lot of time throwing dive balls at a Regi that doesn't have that spread so I've decided to use a my lead as a speed filter when SRing:
  • Regice with the desired spread has a speed stat of 57.
  • My lead is a Timid Ditto with 56 speed.
  • The surrounding spreads are all slower than the one I'm going for.
So, theoretically, if the Regice outspeeds my Ditto, then it is pretty safe to assume that I have the right timing and the desired spread has been hit. That would be my cue to start tossing dive balls at it. Well, I just outsped a Regice, but decided to masterball it just to see how far I am from the desired frame. However, the Regice has the desired spread! How is it that a Regice with 57 speed got outsped by a Ditto with 56 speed? Does the badge boost in this game bump your pokemon's speed higher than what the summary screen says?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
The Dynamo badge boosts your speed. I remember reading somewhere that it gives a 12.5% boost in-game (i.e. not link battle/battle frontier). If this number is correct, you'd want a 50 speed Ditto instead.

It's actually 10%. You'll need a Pokémon with 51 Speed.

Califer, you need to have enough Pokémon caught in the Kanto dex first. It's either 40 or 60; I can't remember.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Califer, you need to have enough Pokémon caught in the Kanto dex first. It's either 40 or 60; I can't remember.
I'd put more stock in Wichu's badge multiplier number than mine.

Also, I believe you need 60 caught Pokemon for FRLG National Dex.

If I'm playing Leaf Green, is there any way to evolve Graveler before getting the National Pokedex? As in can I trade with Emerald before getting National Pokedex?

Supe

would you suck the poison out
The Dynamo badge boosts your speed. I remember reading somewhere that it gives a 12.5% boost in-game (i.e. not link battle/battle frontier). If this number is correct, you'd want a 50 speed Ditto instead.

Thank you guys for your responses. I got a PM from Arseus about this and he confirmed that Wichu is right; it is a 10% boost. Now I can go get that Dive Ball Regice.

Can I fix the machine before getting the National Dex?
Nope, getting the national dex is the prerequisite for starting the quest to fix the machine.

You could trade with another Leaf Green or a Fire Red at any time. If you know anyone with either of those then you can get your golem before the national dex :)

Nope, getting the national dex is the prerequisite for starting the quest to fix the machine.

You could trade with another Leaf Green or a Fire Red at any time. If you know anyone with either of those then you can get your golem before the national dex :)
That sucks. =[ I guess it's just another way Nintendo tries to make us buy more games

Two questions:

Does XD Lugia get any moves that make it worth SRing? For that matter, does anyone have a list of XD-exclusive moves?

Also, in Colosseum, say I capture Entei but lose to Dakim. First, do I keep the Entei? If I do, when I fight Dakim again does he have another Entei?

if you fail to beat Damkim, then you'll lose the entei. and if you beat him and get entei then the next time he'll have a sub for entei

if you fail to beat Damkim, then you'll lose the entei. and if you beat him and get entei then the next time he'll have a sub for entei
Darn, I was going to abuse a hypothetical glitch if you got to keep the Entei even after a loss D:

Anybody able to answer my other question:

Does XD Lugia get any moves that make it worth SRing? For that matter, does anyone have a list of XD-exclusive moves?

Previously I asked...
When do the FR/LG Legendary beasts get their nature/IVs set? I'm just about to beat the elite four but don't want to save at the wrong time and get stuck with a bad nature.

Upon battling them. Your running dog's IVs will be useless like the RS Latis, but everything else is SRable.
:( This appears to be untrue. I beat the elite four, unlocked the national dex, finished the sevii island quests, saved the game, then decided to hunt down my suicune. It was Jolly so I just tracked the stats (out of curiosity) and SRd. It was jolly again with the exact same stats. I SRd again and made sure that suicune wasn't in my pokedex. It wasn't, so I was sure that I'd never run into it before. Third time was exact same as the first two so I got sad and gave up trying to get a bold suicune.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
:( This appears to be untrue. I beat the elite four, unlocked the national dex, finished the sevii island quests, saved the game, then decided to hunt down my suicune. It was Jolly so I just tracked the stats (out of curiosity) and SRd. It was jolly again with the exact same stats. I SRd again and made sure that suicune wasn't in my pokedex. It wasn't, so I was sure that I'd never run into it before. Third time was exact same as the first two so I got sad and gave up trying to get a bold suicune.
Sorry. D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)