1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Thorns, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Scepticallistic

Scepticallistic

Uh...you can just level up an Eevee in Emerald during the nighttime to get an Umbreon. You don't need XD: Gale of Darkness, but it's there if you want to use it.
  2. Origamigryphon

Origamigryphon

Hello, I'd like to know my Secret ID (I swear I've been searching this whole site for some other way to find it other than AR with no luck).

Shiny Pokemon: Staravia
    ID: 13673
    Nature: Quiet
    IVs:
    HP: 26
    Att: 16
    Def: 19
    Sp Att: 23
    Sp Def: 17
    Sp: 30

Thanks in advance!
  3. Mosquito

Mosquito

I think you are posting in the wrong forum, because Staravia is unobtainable in 3rd Gen., which would make this post irrelevant. I can't really help you on this thing, because I don't know how to check without using a cheating device.
  4. Origamigryphon

Origamigryphon

Oops, my bad. Thanks for pointing me out.
  5. Cigam

Cigam

That's what I was afraid of, considering I've already used my TM01 on a Dusclops.

Follow up question, and I think I know the answer.

Trying to breed a Bedlam to get a Metagross for lv 50 Battle Tower. Moveset that I want to run is Agility, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb. However, Metagross doesn't learn Agility until 56. Normally I would just breed two Metagross that have the move, except that's not possible.

Since I have to breed with a Ditto, am I out of luck here again? Or will the move tutor or something like that work?

Also, since I'm going to have to use TM's for EQ and SB, am I basically losing access to those forever, since I can't breed my metagross to anything else?

Thanks.
  6. Califer

Califer

Bad news. Since Metagross can't be male it can't pass down EQ and SB to anyone, so yes, you will lose those moves. Also, Metagross doesn't learn agility until level 66, and doesn't learn Meteor Mash until level 55. Since neither of those are TMs, HMs, or even move tutor moves, coupled with the fact that beldum can't learn any moves from birth besides takedown, there's no way to have a level 50 metagross like you described.

If you're in Emerald you can actually get more Focus Punch an EQ TMs by keeping some pokemon with pickup in your party. Linoone and zigzagoon are common and may have the ability. To get focus punch the pokemon will need to be lvl 71-90 for a 1% chance of getting it. For EQ it will need to be lvl 91-100 for a 1% chance.
    If you're in RS . . . that sucks. The pickup items are different so you can't get them.
  7. Minwu

Minwu

How often do you "roll"? Every battle? Every turn?
  8. Scepticallistic

Scepticallistic

I think it's at the end of every battle. You can't roll every turn because you can only hold 1 item at a time anyway. XD
  9. Califer

Califer

After every battle, as long as the pokemon that knows pickup is not holding an item, there is a 10% chance of that pokemon picking up an item. If the pokemon has picked up an item there is a 1% chance that that item will be the TM. I usually have 5 high level pickup pokemon while I'm training one pokemon for maximum item gain.

More details for pickup on the bulbapedia page.
  10. pkmn1000

pkmn1000

How can groudon use thunder?
  11. tape-type

tape-type

In Emerald, the Battle Factory, does anything in the gameflow (pokemons you fight and/or get to pick at the start) change by the number of swaps you have already done?

I'll explain a bit; If you're on your 21th streak, and you have swapped 21 times, you're supposed to get better trades/start pokemons than with 21 streak 5 swaps.

The game doesn't ever mention this (at least no one in the Battle Factory, Rules PC included), and the only place I think I heard this was in a Pokemon website.
  12. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Apparently the more trades you do the better pokemon you get to use but I'm not certain if thats true.
  13. Coronis

Coronis Backie Jerkhart
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

The number of swaps doesn't influence the quality of the pokemon available, the further you go, the better ivs your pokemon will have.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)