Simple Question, Simple Answer Thread Advance

For the Ever Grande forum since I've been seeing a lot of threads comprising of one question. And people continue to make these threads after this thread was posted. Use this thread and use it well.

it depends
244 to beat adamant ttar
270 to beat adamant hera
285 to beat jolly cham
299 for max speed neutral nature
300 to beat neutral zapdos, mence, slaking
328 for max speed +nature

depends on what you want to outrun and hit

And anywhere between 301 to 304 for outrunning those things that try to outrun things.

Edit: I have a question too, which is better on Forry, HP Bug or Earthquake.

Alright, I got a simple question. Where are the Elemental Punch tutors in the battle frontier? I can't seem to find them.

What speed does standard Flygon usually run?
For Flygon I use either 244 (for Tyranitars), 299, or the max 328.
Edit: I have a question too, which is better on Forry, HP Bug or Earthquake.
You could use both Earthquake and Hidden Power Bug if you don't mind losing Explosion / Reflect / Light Screen / Counter respectly.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 192 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
I believe they are two old women in a house near the Pokemon Centre.
Actually the two women are near the Battle Dome. It's the house on the left side of the screen; they aren't even near the pokemon center. (The woman on the right teaches all three punches.)

Forretress @ Leftovers
~ Hidden Power [Bug]
~ Spikes
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion

That's what I use, but for some reason I really enjoy blowing up.

Is this viable?
Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 124 Atk / 252 Spd / 56 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Toxic
- Dragon Claw

It's McGraw's set. Original link: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Ever_Gran...p?showtopic=68
I don't see why not use 84 HP evs instead of 76 HP. It gets 352 which gets 22 HP per turn instead of 21 using 350 HP. I also like Rock Slide / Hidden Power Flying against Dragon Claw as Dragon Claws only used for three Pokemon Flygon, Salamence and Dragonite while Rock Slide beats 2/3 Pokemon listed as it also beats those pesky Rest Talk Zapdos with 252 / 252 / 4 spreeds; I would lose those Special Attack evs for more Attack because Fire Blast still 2hkos skarmory and ohkoes Forretress with either 270 or 256 Special Attack. Meh I would also lose those Speed Evs down to 286 / 285 for Jolly Medicam.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 148 HP / 160 Atk / 200 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Rock Slide / Hidden Power Flying
- Toxic

368 HP, 380 Attack and 286 / 285 Speed is what I would use for the McSalamence set.

I just started emerald and picked Treecko who I've heard gives the hardest challenge. Who else should I get? I was thinking about Sableye because of the no weaknesses thing.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well if you want good pokemon I'd probably pick up Taillow and Ralts/Abra and you should be good to go. Geodude is always pretty solid as well. To be perfectly honest with you though it makes no difference what pokemon you use because bad stats, typing, and/or moves are all canceled out when you really start to out level the AI opponents. A 10-20 level difference severely negates any sort of advantage the AI could have.

I think the whole Ralts line looks stupid, so where can I get an Abra?

Could I actually beat the game with only a Sceptile if it was around 10 levels above everything?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Abra is found on the island with the second gym (fighting) in the cave just to the west. They're kind of rare but you can find them. Any pokemon game can be beaten with just the starter if you really wanted to. Just battle every trainer and you should easily be high enough leveled to take on anyone. I usually play the games with 2 or 3 pokemon but I've done it alone with both Swampert and Blaziken easily and I'm sure Sceptile wouldn't be much different.

I'm going through diamond right now with only the Piplup line and it's been pretty easy so far.

Abra is cool though. I'd get one, but I just realized I don't have anyone to trade with to evolve it into Alakazam.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is the legendary dog in FRLG "hard-coded" to have a bunch of zero IV's? I've noticed three different dogs caught in FRLG games that have at least four zeroes. I also noticed an off-hand reference in another thread to bad IV's on dogs in FRLG. Is it true that the game has a bias to produce bad IV's for the legendary dogs in FRLG? Or have I just had bad luck so far?

I have a question thats needs a fast answer. I was reseting for a good Eevee. I got these IV's. Modest Nature, Spd last.

23|15|29|19|23|23 HP Dark 67.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)