Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to do:
Convert the PID to a hexadecimal. Take the fourth character and convert it to binary. Then check the last digit of the binary: 0 for Ability 0 and 1 for Ability 1.
Whoa, this checks out for all of the fifteen Gen V PIDs I just glanced over. This is strictly for Gen V? If so, could this hypothetically lead to a situation where a Poke Transferred Pokemon could "randomly" switch ability if it evolves in Gen V, even if it wouldn't in Gen IV?

For example, could a Damp Poliwhirl from Gen III or IV (whose entire PID in binary has a 1 as the last digit) possibly evolve into a Water Absorb Poliwrath in Gen V (if the fourth digit of its PID in hexadecimal when converted to binary has a last digit of 0)? I hope this isn't too confusing, and thank you for answering!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Whoa, this checks out for all of the fifteen Gen V PIDs I just glanced over. This is strictly for Gen V? If so, could this hypothetically lead to a situation where a Poke Transferred Pokemon could "randomly" switch ability if it evolves in Gen V, even if it wouldn't in Gen IV?

For example, could a Damp Poliwhirl from Gen III or IV (whose entire PID in binary has a 1 as the last digit) possibly evolve into a Water Absorb Poliwrath in Gen V (if the fourth digit of its PID in hexadecimal when converted to binary has a last digit of 0)? I hope this isn't too confusing, and thank you for answering!
A pokemon transfered from gen 3 does have the chances of changing abilities-it really does noot matter if it evolves in gen 4 or 5, the chances are there.

Anything caught or bred in gen 4 will retain its ability if evolved in gen 5.

A pokemon transfered from gen 3 does have the chances of changing abilities-it really does noot matter if it evolves in gen 4 or 5, the chances are there.

Anything caught or bred in gen 4 will retain its ability if evolved in gen 5.
I knew the first part since it has to do with some Pokemon receiving a second ability in Gen IV, so those Pokemon transferred from Gen III and then evolving have the 50/50 chance of having their new Gen IV ability.

The second part is news to me though, since it means that many transferred Pokemon could have had a different ability had they been generated in a Gen V game. I know that Gen V games use the 41h byte to mark a Pokemon's nature (even for transferred Pokemon), so is there something similar for abilities?

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I want to RNG a Keldeo, but i don't know with what Hidden Power (i've got two with HP Ice and HP Electric), what Hidden Power can you guys suggest me? maybe Ghost?

I need help completing my Pokedex. Can anyone trade me a Mew, Celebi, Regigigas, Heatran, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Cresselia, Jirachi, Latias, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga or Shaymin to help me complete the dex? I can show you the legendary Kanto Birds, Johto legends, Hoenn Legends and Unova legends.

Hit me up with a PM if you can help. It'll be greatly appreciated :)

Trading - wanted: Speed Boost Torchic

Hello!
I'm new here, but I was informed that this is the place to ask for trades. I was wondering if anyone can trade me a torchic with speed boost (no EV's necause I want to train him myself) preferably with adamant nature (or jolly if adamant is not possible). If anyone, by chance, can help me out and want a specific pokémon also, ask me, I'll see what I can do. I have every pokémon but a few legendaries (all legal/non-hacked of course), so just ask.
Friend code: 0519 7793 7238
Thanks

Looking for four pokemon;

Chansey with Wish and Seismic Toss (doubt I'll find this, but it never hurts to ask)

English Any nature Imposter Premier Ball Ditto 31/30/30/31/31/31 Ev trained 252 HP Hidden Power Ice 70

Heracross Adamant + Jolly, Moxie 31/31/31/X/31/31 Ev trained 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Earthquake

If anyone has these, I'd love to trade for them, though I don't have your average cookie cutter, five minute RNG abused pokemon everyone else has, if that's all people are looking for these days... *sigh* I miss the times before RNG abuse...

Would someone be so kind...

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me evolve my Scyther via trade/trade back? You would be doing me a huge favour! :)

My White 2 friend code is: 3569 1824 8063

I really appreciate the help! Also, it would be nice to register some people in the ol' Pal Pad for future battles etc, as I'm a lonely Joe at the moment!

EDIT: Trade completed, thanks to xAtrocity!

Albus

The Triumphant
Should i keep this Pokémon XD Carvanha? (i calculated its IVs with Psypoke's IV Calculator)

Nature: Naughty

HP: 24-29
Atk: 27-31
Def: 27-31
SpA: 0-3
SpD: 7-13
Spe: 0-3

I don't know if i should keep it. in one hand, its Attack its great, but on the other hand, its Speed and Sp.Atk sucks. Help!

Should i keep this Pokémon XD Carvanha? (i calculated its IVs with Psypoke's IV Calculator)

Nature: Naughty

HP: 24-29
Atk: 27-31
Def: 27-31
SpA: 0-3
SpD: 7-13
Spe: 0-3

I don't know if i should keep it. in one hand, its Attack its great, but on the other hand, its Speed and Sp.Atk sucks. Help!
Keep it and move onto something worth while. Refresh is a useless move. Removing a Status isn't worth not having Speed Boost on Sharpedo. Check this link for pokemon worth reseting in XD Gale of Darkness. Hope that helps. Also, you might want to do speed tests on your resets to avoid wasting time catching pokemon with low speed. Heal Bell is better than Refresh by far and is better used on Bulky pokemon. But what do I know about XD Gale of Darkness anyways?

Albus

The Triumphant
Keep it and move onto something worth while. Refresh is a useless move. Removing a Status isn't worth not having Speed Boost on Sharpedo. Check this link for pokemon worth reseting in XD Gale of Darkness. Hope that helps. Also, you might want to do speed tests on your resets to avoid wasting time catching pokemon with low speed. Heal Bell is better than Refresh by far and is better used on Bulky pokemon. But what do I know about XD Gale of Darkness anyways?
Actually, I decided to keep it as it was (I know, Refresh Carvanha is a worthless gimmick, and it is even worse with those Speed Ivs) and decided to move on until I find the HH Duskull, thanks though!

Looking for Female marvel scale dratini/ multiscale dragonite. IVs not important, 5th Gen

PM me for negotiation

ps, Hi, im new here trying to build my first serious team :)

Hello guys, I need to trade two mons to make them evolve, Kadabra and Gurdurr.

I also would be delighted if anyone gave me a free Torchic. Nature doesn't matter, just give me the crappiest one you have, if you want.

Anyway, I hope you have a good one.

Black2 FC: 0691-4807-0867

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)