Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 37 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BriarRose said:
Is a Sylveon without Hyper Voice even viable?

I know that some people run Echoed Voice (and even Hyper Beam...) and that others run a physical set. Has anyone tried one of those with success?

So, I guess I'm asking if I should run a sub-par h/a Sylveon or a Cute Charm/Moonblast one. If I go for the second option, am I better off just running Florges?
Bumping this because I'd still like your opinions.

I have a problem I want to nickname some pokemon but I cant think of anny good nicknames . there is 1 condition though it has to have something to do with videogame charakters the only one I could come up with is a hitmonchan named little mac (punchout0 so anny ideas are welcome

I have a problem I want to nickname some pokemon but I cant think of anny good nicknames . there is 1 condition though it has to have something to do with videogame charakters the only one I could come up with is a hitmonchan named little mac (punchout0 so anny ideas are welcome
If you're going with videogame characters and more specifically, fighters you have so much to choose from! Little Mac is pretty good as it is.

Bumping this because I'd still like your opinions.
I have used Cute Charm with Moon Blast to great success. When Cute Charm activates, the opponent is basically forced to switch.
And I mean Moon Blast is only alittle weaker than Hyper Voice and you get like an additional ability effect. If your running Bold then you probably have no SpA investments so the difference is minor.
Furthermore, Moonblast is not screwed by soundproof pokes :)
In my opinion Sylveon can most definatly work without Hyper Voice.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
I have used Cute Charm with Moon Blast to great success. When Cute Charm activates, the opponent is basically forced to switch.
And I mean Moon Blast is only alittle weaker than Hyper Voice and you get like an additional ability effects. If your running Bold then you probably have no SpA investments so the difference is minor.
Furthermore, Moonblast is not screwed by soundproof pokes :)
In my opinion Sylveon can most definatly work without Hyper Voice.
Substitutes are far more common then Soundproof Pokemon. Also, Moonblast only hits for 81% of the damage that Hyper Voice hits for

Substitutes are far more common then Soundproof Pokemon. Also, Moonblast only hits for 81% of the damage that Hyper Voice hits for
Yeah that is true. But Bold Sylveon is not really going to OHKO or 2HKO anything significant with an extra 19% damage Fairy Move. Its not really a sweeper, and cute charm on a wall is much more annoying.

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah that is true. But Bold Sylveon is not really going to OHKO or 2HKO anything significant with an extra 19% damage Fairy Move. Its not really a sweeper, and cute charm on a wall is much more annoying.
Cute Charm only works on contact moves though and Pokemon of the opposite gender. Most physical attackers can easily destroy Sylveon anyways.

4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 157-186 (52.6 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 127-151 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 150-177 (55.1 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Pinsir: 121-144 (44.4 - 52.9%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO

Last edited:
Especially a physically weak wall. Makes contact moves more annoying for the opposing player

Does anyone have a
Jolly shroomish that has spore and bullet seed
Calm murkrow with feather dance and confuse ray
Calm squirtle with dragon pulse and aura sphere willing to trade dream world stuff and possibly dream world legendaries plz trade me

Does anyone have a
Jolly shroomish that has spore and bullet seed
Calm murkrow with feather dance and confuse ray
Calm squirtle with dragon pulse and aura sphere willing to trade dream world stuff and possibly dream world legendaries plz trade me
Can they also be Kalos breed plz

Cute Charm only works on contact moves though and Pokemon of the opposite gender. Most physical attackers can easily destroy Sylveon anyways.

Is Charizard not a significant Pokemon?
4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 157-186 (52.6 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Sylveon Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 127-151 (42.6 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO
Okay, here's the thing. I think Hyper Voice is the better move, there is no question about it. But Cute Charm + Moonblast is definitely usable also.
Modest + choice specs need Hyper Voice.
Bold + leftovers can survive without it.
True, cute charm only is situational. But its better then nothing.
Also Sylveon really has no business staying in on Char X anyway

any pokemon you could think of realy I dont care about tiers or anything I just want to make a team of random pokes with nicknames like that
How about a slaking named zangeif? Or a scrafty named Yoshi? Ninetales named McCloud..or a politoed named Bippy (depending on if you wanna run weather) mamoswine named Dovakhin...

How about a slaking named zangeif? Or a scrafty named Yoshi? Ninetales named McCloud..or a politoed named Bippy (depending on if you wanna run weather) mamoswine named Dovakhin...
im gonna look into those I like zangeif for slaking a lot but the others I dont realy understand because I dont even know most of those charkters but this is exactly the kinds of nicknames I meant:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)