Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 42 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Keep or toss?

Species: Cobalion
Nature: Naive
IVs: 21-22/29-31/16-17/29-31/1-3/31 (probably not because of that cruddy SpDef xD, but it's offenses are too good to not ask.)
Toss and learn 5th gen IV RNG. It's ridiculously easy; you literally just have to start your game on the right second. :p

So I'll aim for Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Mirror Coat and Water Spout. If I wanted to use Squirtle in LC, what Hidden Power would be best for it in 6th gen? Still Grass? I'm trying to breed a single version that can be viable in any tier.

I'm planning on soft resetting the Pokeball Vivillon. However I never did that before so I don't know where do I have to save before resetting... I guess I have to take the Mystery Event then saving in front of the girl who gave you the Vivillon but I would prefer being sure before doing anything...

I'm planning on soft resetting the Pokeball Vivillon. However I never did that before so I don't know where do I have to save before resetting... I guess I have to take the Mystery Event then saving in front of the girl who gave you the Vivillon but I would prefer being sure before doing anything...
Save in front of her, then talk to her for the gift. Check stats/ nature, and SR if its not what you're after.

Anyone got this? Preferably in a matching ball.

Nidoran (female)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Hustle (HA)

These are just some of the things I could breed on request (all could have 4-5 IVs, 3-4 egg moves, and be female (if necessary))

Bulbasaur in Nest Ball
Charmander in Repeat/Net/Luxury Ball
Squirtle in Dive Ball
Pidgey in Level Ball
Spearow in Level Ball
Caterpie in Friend Ball
Buneary in Love Ball
Mareep in Love Ball
Miltank in a Dream Ball

Really need to go through and make a list of things I could breed >_<

Anyone got this? Preferably in a matching ball.
Nidoran (female)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Hustle (HA)

These are just some of the things I could breed on request (all could have 4-5 IVs, 3-4 egg moves, and be female (if necessary))

Bulbasaur in Nest Ball
Charmander in Repeat/Net/Luxury Ball
Squirtle in Dive Ball
Pidgey in Level Ball
Spearow in Level Ball
Caterpie in Friend Ball
Buneary in Love Ball
Mareep in Love Ball
Miltank in a Dream Ball

Really need to go through and make a list of things I could breed >_<
I can give you a female spitback in a dive ball.

No, just toss me a random spitback you have lying around. I am online now and can trade whenever you are ready.
Awesome, just give me a few mins and I'll be good to trade :)

edit: sorry about that, was trying to find a decent female spitback but don't really seem to have any at the moment >_<

Last edited:
A couple more questions about the time-machine method:

1. If I use a Pokemon with a 1:1 gender ratio for the test parent and then sub in a Pokemon with, say, 1:4 gender ratio, I believe the gender will not be the same as the test offspring, but will the IVs still be the same?

2. If I wanted to get myself a hex 0 offspring, would using a hex 29 and a hex 31 parent be okay? I'm not running into any problems in my head but I'd like to be sure.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A couple more questions about the time-machine method:

1. If I use a Pokemon with a 1:1 gender ratio for the test parent and then sub in a Pokemon with, say, 1:4 gender ratio, I believe the gender will not be the same as the test offspring, but will the IVs still be the same?

2. If I wanted to get myself a hex 0 offspring, would using a hex 29 and a hex 31 parent be okay? I'm not running into any problems in my head but I'd like to be sure.
1. Other than the fact that the gender ratio 1:4 doesn't exist, you are correct (to a point). The gender may be the same as the test offspring, however it may also change.
Try to think of gender as a number between 1–8, with each gender ratio taking it's shares accordingly. [So for example for a 1:1 Pokémon, 1–4 being Female, 5–8 being Male. But for a 1:7 Pokémon (like starters) 1 is female, 2–8 are male.
But the IVs, nature, ability being passed are all still maintained from the test offspring.

2. I can breed you a hex 0 Pokémon if you're willing to wait a few hours.

1. Other than the fact that the gender ratio 1:4 doesn't exist, you are correct (to a point). The gender may be the same as the test offspring, however it may also change.
Try to think of gender as a number between 1–8, with each gender ratio taking it's shares accordingly. [So for example for a 1:1 Pokémon, 1–4 being Female, 5–8 being Male. But for a 1:7 Pokémon (like starters) 1 is female, 2–8 are male.
But the IVs, nature, ability being passed are all still maintained from the test offspring.

1. Isn't like, Growlithe's 25% female rate equate to a 1:4 gender ratio? Okay, I haven't done ratios in a while.

2. Oh no it's fine, I have one, it's just a hypothetical situation in case I do want to get fussy about genders and decide to do it for skewed gender ratios. Thank you!

It's probably really obvious but I've never paid enough attention to the terms before to know what they actually mean. Could someone please tell me what all the IV breeding terms are/mean?

eg. hex, flawless, hex flawless, perfect, etc?

It's probably really obvious but I've never paid enough attention to the terms before to know what they actually mean. Could someone please tell me what all the IV breeding terms are/mean?

eg. hex, flawless, hex flawless, perfect, etc?
Hex means all the IVs are the same number (hex 0 would be 0/0/0/0/0/0) so hex flawless means all the IVs are 31. Flawless means the Pokemon has a 31 IV in all the IVs that are beneficial to it. A flawless Timid Pokemon would be 31/xx/31/31/31/31.

Hex means all the IVs are the same number (hex 0 would be 0/0/0/0/0/0) so hex flawless means all the IVs are 31. Flawless means the Pokemon has a 31 IV in all the IVs that are beneficial to it. A flawless Timid Pokemon would be 31/xx/31/31/31/31.
Okay, awesome! :)

What about a Pokemon that has 5IVs but in the wrong place? Also heard the term perfect before.. what does that mean? O.o

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
1. Isn't like, Growlithe's 25% female rate equate to a 1:4 gender ratio? Okay, I haven't done ratios in a while.

2. Oh no it's fine, I have one, it's just a hypothetical situation in case I do want to get fussy about genders and decide to do it for skewed gender ratios. Thank you!
1. 25% : 75% is 1:3. 1 female for every 3 males (or out of every 4 Pokémon/eggs).

2. Oh; well in that case, no it is not possible to get a hex 0 Pokémon from hex 29 and hex 31 parents. Since (even without Destiny Knot) 3 IVs are passed from the parents, any offspring utilising those parents would have at least 3 IVs not at 0.

Okay, awesome! :)

What about a Pokemon that has 5IVs but in the wrong place? Also heard the term perfect before.. what does that mean? O.o
5IVs in the wrong place would be (for example) a Jolly Pokémon with 31/31/x/31/31/31 (note that the Defense is not flawless, and the Special Attack is).

As for perfect, some people use this to mean ideal IVs. For example 30/31/30/31/31/31 would be an ideal HP Ice spread for a mixed attacker (in most cases) despite not all IVs being flawless.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what perfect means but I'd assume it means 'flawless'. A 5IV in the wrong place would be a 5IV spitback.
5IVs in the wrong place would be (for example) a Jolly Pokémon with 31/31/x/31/31/31 (note that the Defense is not flawless, and the Special Attack is).

As for perfect, some people use this to mean ideal IVs. For example 30/31/30/31/31/31 would be an ideal HP Ice spread for a mixed attacker (in most cases) despite not all IVs being flawless.
Thanks for the info! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)