Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi how would this team do in a stall double battle? poiitoed. ampharos. heatran. meag saur. whimsicott. and toxicroack. any tips?
It depends on the format that you play in. If your team is mean to be VGC then no. Stall teams in VGC are really bad because VGC has time limit .

no it's not a rain team. just trying for a stall team.
There are many questions as a battler I have to ask you. First off some natures would be nice. Also I understand that this is a stall team but a little input would be nice on the role for each member of the team. That is a lot yes but I promise if you pm me I can go into further details about this. Also this is probably for the upcoming global link tourny so keep in mind that some uber pokemon will be roaming around which means there are more threats to your team that you should account for. I noticed right away that this team will probably get crushed by mega salemence which is probably the common pokemon you will see roaming around. I don't want to go into further detail about damage calculations and stuff but if you pm me maybe we can make some last minute fixes.

edit: Please do not post any of this stuff I mentioned in this thread this thread is for simple stuff not a team evaluation. If you want me to evaluate and help you out on your team it might be best to pm me.

no it's not a rain team. just trying for a stall team.
There are many questions as a battler I have to ask you. First off some natures would be nice. Also I understand that this is a stall team but a little input would be nice on the role for each member of the team. That is a lot yes but I promise if you pm me I can go into further details about this. Also this is probably for the upcoming global link tourny so keep in mind that some uber pokemon will be roaming around which means there are more threats to your team that you should account for. I noticed right away that this team will probably get crushed by mega salemence which is probably the common pokemon you will see roaming around. I don't want to go into further detail about damage calculations and stuff but if you pm me maybe we can make some last minute fixes.

edit: Please do not post any of this stuff I mentioned in this thread this thread is for simple stuff not a team evaluation. If you want me to evaluate and help you out on your team it might be best to pm me.
Wait is Klefki banned for next VGC?

Wait is Klefki banned for next VGC?
I never said anything about Klefki. You probably should check the global link site to see what is banned but these tournaments are basic and ban the same stuff most of the time.
edit: BlizzardHero kelfki is not banned just the standard stupid legendaries are banned which means mega blaziken aegislash mega gengar mega salamence and mega kang are allowed which is stupidly unfair in my opinion.

I never said anything about Klefki. You probably should check the global link site to see what is banned but these tournaments are basic and ban the same stuff most of the time.
edit: BlizzardHero kelfki is not banned just the standard stupid legendaries are banned which means mega blaziken aegislash mega gengar mega salamence and mega kang are allowed which is stupidly unfair in my opinion.
No, just wondering beacuse Klefki is better for rounding out a stall team, along with Hipowdon than Whims and Veno

No, just wondering beacuse Klefki is better for rounding our a stall team, along with Hipowdon than Whims and Veno
Meowstic is better then klefki personally for doubles. But when you have stupidly powerful megas like that running around I doubt any of the two pokemon mentioned would come to mind. Either ways I am gonna end this here we should not be talking any more about this to be honestXD.

Looking for

Someone who wants to redeem my shiny charizard code

any event codes

My offers are in my thread. I can also do some banners maybe depending on the offers in exchange and I plan on rng abusing some stuff in the future so store credits can also work.

I need a few supplies to work on my dream team.

First off, I need a defog Latios. Preferably shiny, timid, and 5 IV. My offer for it is a shiny 5 IV timid Latias with defog. Latias is in a HG/SS special Pokeball with a heart pattern, I don't care what ball Latios is in.

Next up, I need Cleffa spitback. No hidden ability, please. I can offer Ralts hatchlings that have 5 IVs.

Lastly, I need a Pawniard. Any Pawniard will do.

Please message me if interested.

First off, I need a defog Latios. Preferably shiny, timid, and 5 IV. My offer for it is a shiny 5 IV timid Latias with defog. Latias is in a HG/SS special Pokeball with a heart pattern, I don't care what ball Latios is in.

Next up, I need Cleffa spitback. No hidden ability, please. I can offer Ralts hatchlings that have 5 IVs.

I can give you a Pawniard, since I still have a few from building my team way before. I could probably breed a Cleffa, but I can't be sure of IVs due to not having the IV checker available yet.

I can give you a Pawniard, since I still have a few from building my team way before. I could probably breed a Cleffa, but I can't be sure of IVs due to not having the IV checker available yet.
Due to the difficulty with breeding a competitive Clefable, I'd readily accept a Cleffa with unknown IVs under one condition: the nature must be calm.

As for Pawniard, is there anything in specific you need? I have a bold Happiny I caught in a mirage spot if you want to look into making a Chansey.

Due to the difficulty with breeding a competitive Clefable, I'd readily accept a Cleffa with unknown IVs under one condition: the nature must be calm.

As for Pawniard, is there anything in specific you need? I have a bold Happiny I caught in a mirage spot if you want to look into making a Chansey.
Anything's fine, really. ^^;
I'll check to see if I can breed a Calm one; will check the bank for an appropriate parent and all.

Anything's fine, really. ^^;
I'll check to see if I can breed a Calm one; will check the bank for an appropriate parent and all.
Excellent. Please let me know if you want to GTS it or not. As for Cleffa, please keep me informed if you can get a calm one.

If you're still looking I have 2 flawless 5IV Pawniards, one male and one female, you can have either one for free.

PS: They're in Luxury ball and Defiant

Hatch location for Shroomish (preferably in ORAS)?

I was considering Petalburg Woods or Mirage Forest at the beginning, but after some thought I was thinking of hatching it in Petalburg Gym due to its dojo-ish feel. Thoughts?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I recently acquired a Jolly Nincada. Obviously going to let it evolve in Shedinja, but should I get Swords Dance on it or Baton Pass? Both are useful, but both are exclusive. Also, in lieu of Download, Hasty nature would probably be better in this specific case...
I believe Swords Dance is more valuable on a Shedinja than Baton Pass (only boosting move he can pass is Hone Claws and can't make use of defensive boosts, I suppose he's good for passing into him on a resisted (ie: Wonder Guard Immunity) move). Why not do both though?

As for Download Shenanigans, the Def IV needs to be at least 22 points lower than the SpD IV with a negative nature to be lower. Easiest thing to do is go 0 Def / 31 SpD... (I feel like I'm having déjà vu here :p)

Why run a positive speed nature on him though? Base 40 is slow as balls and needs a couple boosts to be doing anything (which requires Baton Passing since it doesn't learn Agility or whatever). I know you've already done a Lonely one but Hasty just seems pointless imo

edit @ below: I know how the move inheritance works in gen III for Shedinja from Nincada/Ninjask. I meant why not clone the Nincada and do both versions...

Last edited:
I believe Swords Dance is more valuable on a Shedinja than Baton Pass (only boosting move he can pass is Hone Claws and can't make use of defensive boosts, I suppose he's good for passing into him on a resisted (ie: Wonder Guard Immunity) move). Why not do both though?

As for Download Shenanigans, the Def IV needs to be at least 22 points lower than the SpD IV with a negative nature to be lower. Easiest thing to do is go 0 Def / 31 SpD... (I feel like I'm having déjà vu here :p)

Why run a positive speed nature on him though? Base 40 is slow as balls and needs a couple boosts to be doing anything (which requires Baton Passing since it doesn't learn Agility or whatever). I know you've already done a Lonely one but Hasty just seems pointless imo
If I remember correctly, Shedinja learns those moves through Nincada evolving at different levels. Hence, only one can be inherited at a time.

Last edited:

edit @ below: I know how the move inheritance works in gen III for Shedinja from Nincada/Ninjask. I meant why not clone the Nincada and do both versions...
I had already deleted my post because you're completely right lol. I got both now.

But yeah, as for why I'd run a positive speed nature? I just happened to be in the neighbourhood with an amazing spread, so why not? xD (that one time where you outspeed a Defogger and Double-Edge...). I got like 30+ Pokemon that are completely useless but I got them anyway. Only some of them will actually end up in my thread lel.

I do have another question though. I'm aware Jolly Shiftry doesn't run Defog, but I figured I can at least teach it. Having said that, for Defog (AND Sucker-Punch!) I have to evolve Nuzleaf but after that, it's moves are blocked off. Any point in getting Fake Out on Nuzleaf (lv 19)?

Hatch location for Shroomish (preferably in ORAS)?

I was considering Petalburg Woods or Mirage Forest at the beginning, but after some thought I was thinking of hatching it in Petalburg Gym due to its dojo-ish feel. Thoughts?
yo, since nobody gave you advice, I hope mine is still in time O.o

You could be ordinary and hatch a mushroom in Petalburg woods... But imo, the little psychedelic mushroom Shroomish should hatch for example in a place like 'Fabled Cave' ;) Otherwise for the more normal route, hatch it in Mossdeep City, because mushrooms and moss go hand in hand

yo, since nobody gave you advice, I hope mine is still in time O.o

You could be ordinary and hatch a mushroom in Petalburg woods... But imo, the little psychedelic mushroom Shroomish should hatch for example in a place like 'Fabled Cave' ;) Otherwise for the more normal route, hatch it in Mossdeep City, because mushrooms and moss go hand in hand
Thanks, Fabled Cave sounds great, as if it has been training there for years to beat things once it gets out of there.

Yeah, don't worry about being late, the egg matched my own TSV so I can hatch it whenever I feel like it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)