Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello :) someone might be giving to me a female scraggy with ha? Iv are not important or someone can explain me how i can see which scraggy has thr ha in a horde?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello :) someone might be giving to me a female scraggy with ha? Iv are not important or someone can explain me how i can see which scraggy has thr ha in a horde?
The move Entrainment allows you to test what ability the opposing Pokémon have in a horde battle (simply use the move and an alert will pop up stating what the targeted Pokémon's ability changed from and what to).

This does get a little repetitive having to use it against all 5 Scraggys in a horde, but it works [you can narrow down the number by only using it against the females so that you can breed the Scraggy in a matching Poké Ball as well, and only when you've been alerted that your Pokémon's Attack was lowered by Intimidate at the start of the encounter].

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
i use a similar strategyto .com, i bring 2 pokemon that know Role Play. then use it on the females, switch out to the 2nd mon and repeat til you check all the females.

.com,
does entrainment allow you to use it in succession without switching?

The move Entrainment allows you to test what ability the opposing Pokémon have in a horde battle (simply use the move and an alert will pop up stating what the targeted Pokémon's ability changed from and what to).

This does get a little repetitive having to use it against all 5 Scraggys in a horde, but it works [you can narrow down the number by only using it against the females so that you can breed the Scraggy in a matching Poké Ball as well, and only when you've been alerted that your Pokémon's Attack was lowered by Intimidate at the start of the encounter].
As well as Entrainment there's also the possibility of move tutoring Skill Swap onto a Syncro Natu/Xatu with the nature you're after and then use .com's advice about the intimidate message.

PS - Suggestions for best ball for a shiny Butterfree please? Just encountered one in safari :)

.com

Grumpy old man
i use a similar strategyto .com, i bring 2 pokemon that know Role Play. then use it on the females, switch out to the 2nd mon and repeat til you check all the females.

.com,
Yes, it does. It changes the opposing Pokémon's ability to the same as yours, but yours doesn't change. I guess it wouldn't work if you used it on a Pokémon with the same ability as your own, but just choose a Pokémon which doesn't have the same ability as any of the Pokémon in the horde.
PS - Suggestions for best ball for a shiny Butterfree please? Just encountered one in safari :)

Art Vandelay

Banned deucer.

.com,
Doesn't Worry Seed also tell you which ability.has been suppressed?

Would anybody be interested and/or so kind as to help me out with some cloning - not now, but say in two weeks, ish? I'm getting my best bro caught up with Pokemon *at last* (he's played Sapphire and all the prior games, I'm selling him my old 3DS and he's getting the remake) and we're gonna get him playing competitively. To that end, I've got a beginner team more-or-less ready for him, only, well... They're my Pokemon and I don't want to lose them :(

So yeah, gotta get 5 (haven't caught Thundurus yet, so not 6) regular OU Pokemon cloned exactly once each. I'm totally okay with free redistribution rights, but they're just regular Pokemon, nothing too special. IIRC, it's

Starmie (Reflect Type)
Tyranitar (Phys. Def)
Dragonite (Banded)
MGardevoir (CM)
Talonflame/Excadrill (haven't decided which yet but I've got all the major sets bred already. Suggestions are appreciated.)

They're all EV trained, at least level 50 and I'm pretty sure they have flawless stats. And nicknamed (Gardevoir's nn is Tucker... I've this thread to thank for that!)
If nobody's available or if it's too much work I'll ask again closer to the time.

Apropros of nothing, I hate soft resetting :/ HP Ice Raikou's at about two months and I've still got nothing. And I'm determined to do it, because trade fodder is useful stuff, and also because Raikou is awesome. But GOD it's so frustrating!

So I have a guaranteed female F/M/F/x/M/F spread on my next hatch. What I am looking for is someone to supply a 31/x/31/x/x/31 female spitback with the right nature in a matching/good looking ball (and HA if needed) because I don't have any that interest me right now. The result will be put on my thread but would be happy to share redis rights once it has been cloned.

Please VM me if interested.

Also looking for someone to assist with someone particular natured Dittos and a HA MAgikarp to assist with Time Machine breeding. Details in post #1 of my thread.

Probably sorted now

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
I'm looking for someone with a male Defog Skarmory, no IV, EV or nature needed
Defog isn't an egg move for Skarmory; so just having a Skarmory with the move, you wouldn't be able to pass it down to the offspring. It must be taught in Gen IV [in which case, I assume Natures and IVs are important].

Obviously if you just want a male with the move that's your prerogative, just saying that you won't be able to teach it to future bred Skarmory.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
as far as soft resetting goes, can anything be done about Pokémon running out of moves? I just had a pretty awesome verizion faint. I thoughts and struggle was a normal move, it wouldn't affect my ghost Pokémon. And my reduced to having to use a master ball once the Pokémon runs out of PP?

So I have a guaranteed female F/M/F/x/M/F spread on my next hatch. What I am looking for is someone to supply a 31/x/31/x/x/31 female spitback with the right nature in a matching/good looking ball (and HA if needed) because I don't have any that interest me right now. The result will be put on my thread but would be happy to share redis rights once it has been cloned.

Please VM me if interested.

Also looking for someone to assist with someone particular natured Dittos and a HA MAgikarp to assist with Time Machine breeding. Details in post #1 of my thread.
like uhmm... I could provide a bunch of stuff for that, but like is there nothing you'd want in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)