Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm already following your guide and it is very helpful indeed! Guess I'll just try more. And more...
You could start with a trick room (0 speed) poke as they're easier to SR..(using @Buckerts guide you'd confirm the 31hp and 0speed (you'll have to find out yourself what 0iv - speed stat would be as all Buckerts numbers assume 31iv) then your only looking at 4 stats with 2 confirmed 31ivs rather than confirming 31 Hp + speed with 4 stats and only 1 confirmed 31iv...if that makes sense!)

LF: Garchompite (Mega Stone) for ORAS. Can throw some a spitback in return

edit: and a random turtwig of any sort.

*I only have access to ORAS hence the Garchompite is presenting an issue - no access to XY*

Last edited:
You could start with a trick room (0 speed) poke as they're easier to SR..(using @Buckerts guide you'd confirm the 31hp and 0speed (you'll have to find out yourself what 0iv - speed stat would be as all Buckerts numbers assume 31iv) then your only looking at 4 stats with 2 confirmed 31ivs rather than confirming 31 Hp + speed with 4 stats and only 1 confirmed 31iv...if that makes sense!)
hublo
Not necessarily? Unless I'm mistaken, you want a speed IV between 0 and 3, so you're not gaining much (if anything) on it?

hublo
Not necessarily? Unless I'm mistaken, you want a speed IV between 0 and 3, so you're not gaining much (if anything) on it?
That's for level 50. At level 50 a speed decreasing nature and a Spe IV from 0 to 3 gives the lowest speed possible for that 'mon. But I think it's harder to SR TR mons then 31 Spe mons because the 0-3 isn't garanteed the 31 is (but not necessarily in speed of course).

That's for level 50. At level 50 a speed decreasing nature and a Spe IV from 0 to 3 gives the lowest speed possible for that 'mon. But I think it's harder to SR TR mons then 31 Spe mons because the 0-3 isn't garanteed the 31 is (but not necessarily in speed of course).
The point being is that your checking the speed on the 2nd turn, so while you 'throw away' more then you would with 31 speed (sometimes i'll only get to catch 2 poke in an hour as all others get SR after turn 2) for the poke that do get past the hp/speed checks you know that 2 of the other 3 stats you want (as well as 1 'x' stat) will be 31's

The point being is that your checking the speed on the 2nd turn, so while you 'throw away' more then you would with 31 speed (sometimes i'll only get to catch 2 poke in an hour as all others get SR after turn 2) for the poke that do get past the hp/speed checks you know that 2 of the other 3 stats you want (as well as 1 'x' stat) will be 31's
But you still have a 3/31 chance of tossing it cause the speed is too high... So I really think it's easier to SR non TR mons, like Reisuke said ^^

hublo
Only certain mons can use 0-3 @lvl 50, for example TR Groudon/Kyogre are annoying af to SR because 0-2 gives the same stat when caught, but only 0-1 works for lvl 50.

I'm too lazy to do the math for every possible acceptable IV range (.com can do that if he wants :p), but if you're going #flawlessorbust 31/x/31/31/31/31 is more likely to appear than 31/x/31/31/31/0, so all you would be doing is saving a bit of time throwing balls while going for something less likely.

I'm sure the same could be said for 30/31 iv's giving the same stat @lvl 50 and going for flawless 5iv is going going be the same odds regardless what your aiming for (although .com may prove me wrong! :D) ...conclusion being..SRing is a tedious waste of time laborious process!

I'm sure the same could be said for 30/31 iv's giving the same stat @lvl 50 and going for flawless 5iv is going going be the same odds regardless what your aiming for (although .com may prove me wrong! :D) ...conclusion being..SRing is a tedious waste of time laborious process!
it's only the same if you do not invest EV in it .

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Currently looking for the following Female Pokémon:

NON-HA:
- Shellder/Cloyster, Jolly, Heal Ball, x/x/x/00/31/31
- Drowzee/Hypno, Calm, Ultra Ball, x/x/x/31/31/31
- Voltorb/Electrode, Modest, Pokéball, x/x/x/31/31/31
- Lickitung/Lickilicky, Careful, Heal Ball, x/x/x/00/31/31, Body Slam
- Koffing/Weezing, Bold, Heal Ball, x/x/x/31/31/31, Toxic Spikes
- Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior, Adamant, ??? Ball, x/x/x/00/31/31
- Mime Jr./Mr. Mime, Timid, Premier Ball, x/x/x/31/31/31, Healing Wish
- Lapras, Modest, Dive Ball, x/x/x/30/31/30, Freeze-Dry

HA:
- Psyduck/Golduck, Modest, Great Ball, x/x/x/31/31/31
- Farfetch'd, Adamant, Luxury Ball, x/x/x/00/31/31, Quick Attack
- Goldeen/Seaking, Adamant, Premier Ball, x/x/x/00/31/31
- Smoochum/Jynx, Timid, ??? Ball, x/x/x/31/31/31, Nasty Plot

Which ball for these?

Last edited:
Yeah I do like the Premier Ball on Mr.Mime! Not sure about the other 2 though..

Final question: Any suggestions for these? HGSS balls are possible.
I like level on golem and fast on tauros. Do you plan on rng abusing the Taurus because keep in mind he's a male so ball won't pass down.

I'm looking for a Munchlax or Snorlax with Self-Destruct so I can breed one. Any spitback would work.

And maybe a female one in a Moon Ball, since I think thats the best match. Obviously probably going to need 2 different Snorlax for this, if anyone could help.

Last edited:

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
Looking for an UT, legit Hoopa. Prefer US, but any of them will do. Clones are fine, hacks are not. PM me if you can help me out.

Hi,

I was gonna toss this, but before that, I'd like that you guys confirm that it doesn't have any value:
Darkrai - Lvl. 50
FEB2015 - 02 135
Nature: Lonely - 31/31/30/31/31/31

Thanks.
Sad to get such nice IVs and the wring nature. I think you could make a case for Modest, Naive, or Hasty, but Lonely is no good. Just saying this with knowledge of Darkrai's stats tho, not like I did a whole ton of calcs.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Skipping the actual showing of the mathsy stuff...
Odds of 5IVs (assuming there is a specific IV you don't care about) if 3 IVs are guaranteed to be 31:
330 / 655360.

Odds of 4IVs + 0-1 Speed IV (assuming there is a specific IV you don't care about) if 3 IVs are guaranteed to be 31:
268 / 655360.
If you wanted exactly 0 Speed...
134 / 655360.

That's ignoring nature, but that doesn't change based on the IVs you get, so it's irrelevant for comparison...

But yes, low speed vs 31 speed does make a difference to the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)