Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an IRL tournament coming up where the rules are much different from any of Smogon's. No legendaries whatsoever are allowed, and other than Type: Null and Silvally, anything else (including non-legendary Ubers such as Mega Kangaskhan and Aegislash) goes. Would this thread be an appropriate place to ask for brief help planning a team for that tournament? It doesn't really fit anywhere else that I can think of (except maybe Orange Islands).
Anything but legendaries is allowed? just use a baton pass team and make them suffer

(moody) Smeargle, speed boost Scolipede, magic bouce Espeon, Vaporeon, pixilate Sylveon, Drifblim and let's say Mawile in case someone uses clear smog

spore/minimize, ingrain, boost, boost, boost while baton passing, win, lose all friends

Anything but legendaries is allowed? just use a baton pass team and make them suffer

(moody) Smeargle, speed boost Scolipede, magic bouce Espeon, Vaporeon, pixilate Sylveon, Drifblim and let's say Mawile in case someone uses clear smog

spore/minimize, ingrain, boost, boost, boost while baton passing, win, lose all friends
Sorry, I just meant Pokémon-wise. Other rules in place are no more than TWO Pokémon with same item, Baton Pass clause, Sleep clause, OHKO clause, species clause, evasion clause.

Sorry, I just meant Pokémon-wise. Other rules in place are no more than TWO Pokémon with same item, Baton Pass clause, Sleep clause, OHKO clause, species clause, evasion clause.
Without legendaries, Evasion and Baton Pass and assuming this is for Single Battles, Mega Gengar is easily the most broken thing you have access to.
Pair that with any reliable/viable sweeper of your choice and use the Mega Gengar to trap and eliminate everything on your opponent's teams that could be a problem for your sweeper.

Also, Sleep Clause doesn't mean anything when your opponent can't switch.

Last edited:
Wanted:

Thundurus from the Smogon facebook giveaway
Sheer Force Landorus, +speed nature (excluding jolly), good IVs, hidden power ice would be nice but not essential

For trade:

Any BP items

Sharpedo - 31/31/31/x/31/31 - Adamant - Speed Boost - 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe - Waterfall/Crunch/Psychic Fangs/Protect - Lure Ball
Garchomp - 31/31/31/x/31/31 - Jolly - Rough Skin - 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe - Earthquake/Dragon Claw/Poison Jab/Protect - Beast Ball
Arcanine - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Modest - Intimidate - 228 HP / 156 Def / 36 SpA / 20 SpD / 68 Spe - Helping Hand/Burn Up/Toxic/Protect - Poke Ball
Kangaskhan - 31/31/31/x/31/31 - Adamant - Scrappy - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe - Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Earthquake/Return - Ultra Ball
Dragonite - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Adamant - Multiscale - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe - Outrage/Earthquake/Dragon Dance/Roost - Luxury Ball
Pelipper - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Modest - Drizzle - 140 HP / 4 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe - Scaled/Hurricace/Tailwind/Protect - Poke Ball
Raichu - Alola - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Modest - Surge Surfer - 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD - Fake Out/Thunderbolt/Psychic/Grass Knot - Poke Ball
Blastoise - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Modest - Torrent - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe - Aura Sphere / Water Spout / Dark Pulse / Ice Beam - Poke Ball
Lucario - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Timid - Steadfast - 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe - Aura Sphere / Flash Cannon / Nasty Plot / Protect - Beast Ball
Greninja - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Timid - Protean - 4 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe - Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Dark Pulse / Protect - Poke Ball
Bagon - Lv1 - 31/31/31/x/31/31 - Jolly - Rock Head - No EVs - Dragon Dance egg move - Friend Ball

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone have a Regenerator Toxapex they'd be willing to breed? Willing to breed whatever in exchange!
I can give you either the non-shiny one from the Smogon Facebook Giveaway or a shiny one from my Giveaways (or both) for free.
Let me know what you think.

Edit: I'm heading to bed now but I'll be available tomorrow!

Last edited:
Looking for a sassy porygon in generation 6(would be better if it has 0IV in speed but it's not necessary). Got a lot of stuff I can trade for that. Thanks in advance.

Would a Z-Sunny Day set be viable for a timid Heatran in the Battle Spot Singles?, As fast paced as singles is i'm not sure if the one turn of setup would be worth it even though Heatran's speed comes to ~211 beating a positive speed natured Tapu KoKo (one of my biggest threats).

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Soft-Reset/RNG question: Does Calm Tapu Fini need HP Fire or is only useful on Bold/Modest?
In any case, you might as well go for HP Fire over any other IV spread, unless there's other useful Hidden Power types. Now that Hyper Training is a thing, there won't be any difference between the IV spreads 31/0/31/31/31/31 and 31/0/31/30/31/30, since the 30's can just be Hyper trained to act like 31's. So even if you don't want to use Hidden Power on the calm set, it's still better than doing 31/0/31/31/31/31, because the only difference between the 2 is that the one with the 31/0/31/31/31/31 IV spread would not ever get access to HP Fire, while the one with the 31/0/31/30/31/30 IV spread would have access to it.

Now of course, I'd assume that you'd have to advance more frames or such to find a perfect HP Fire set than a Penta flawless set, so if you don't feel like the option to use a 60 BP Fire move is more valuable than the time you'd spend going for that spread, I wouldn't blame you for doing whatever is the most convenient.

Yeah it's useful in any case. Just as it is used on bold sets so can be used on calm ones :)
In any case, you might as well go for HP Fire over any other IV spread, unless there's other useful Hidden Power types. Now that Hyper Training is a thing, there won't be any difference between the IV spreads 31/0/31/31/31/31 and 31/0/31/30/31/30, since the 30's can just be Hyper trained to act like 31's. So even if you don't want to use Hidden Power on the calm set, it's still better than doing 31/0/31/31/31/31, because the only difference between the 2 is that the one with the 31/0/31/31/31/31 IV spread would not ever get access to HP Fire, while the one with the 31/0/31/30/31/30 IV spread would have access to it.
"Better to have the move option and rarely use it than to not have the option as all and wished you had"

Okay, you guys convinced me to give it a try. Let just hope it goes alot quickly than the Bold one.

Now of course, I'd assume that you'd have to advance more frames or such to find a perfect HP Fire set than a Penta flawless set, so if you don't feel like the option to use a 60 BP Fire move is more valuable than the time you'd spend going for that spread, I wouldn't blame you for doing whatever is the most convenient.
Nah, I'm willing to go through the HP Fire Gauntlet again since I'm already soo deep down this RNG ridden hole.

I do want to say that the average wait I had to endure to finally get my Fini was around 450~900 seconds each try.

I was wondering if anyone has a spare foongus, preferable in a quick ball and preferable in a region different than ENG. I can offer a gible in a friend ball, an alolan vulpix in a dream ball, a totodile in a lure ball, a Drifloon in a moon ball, or a Growlith in a fast ball. Thanks for reading :D

I was wondering if anyone has a spare foongus, preferable in a quick ball and preferable in a region different than ENG. I can offer a gible in a friend ball, an alolan vulpix in a dream ball, a totodile in a lure ball, a Drifloon in a moon ball, or a Growlith in a fast ball. Thanks for reading :D
Would there be anything in my Trade Thread you might want? I'm interested in a Dream Ball Alolan Vulpix.

Would there be anything in my Trade Thread you might want? I'm interested in a Dream Ball Alolan Vulpix.
I am interested in your Snivy with Contrary in the friend ball (non-shiny). I see it's a 5IV too, I do have a timid male alolan vulpix with 5 IV's in the right stats, with moonblast, encore, freeze dry, and hypnosis. I'll continue this on your trade trade thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)