Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also caught my Reshiram last night...this was the first catch. No restarting at all! I used a Modest synch, but apart from that, didn't influence it in any way.

Reshiram - #643 (Modest) : 25 / 23 / 2 / 31 / 11 / 24

Sure, those def IVs sucks, but the rest is pretty good. What do I do with it?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
according to the analysis, standard reshi is modest, so ^ is usable. having an imperfect speed IV at that speed tier though (90, where most of ubers is centered) will probably be really annoying

Well, the perfect SpA stat is nice. I think I'll go Specs, thanks for the info!

How are Kyurem-W's IVs and nature determined? Are they some combination of Reshiram and Kyurem's individual ones?

Kyurem-W stats and nature and level are the same of Kyurem (and if you level up Kyurem-W from A to B you get a Reshiram at level A and a Kyurem at level B).
The moves iirc depend on the last four level up move depending on Kyurem/Kyurem-W level

Kyurem-W is, well, Kyurem. The only thing Reshiram and Zekrom contributes to Kyurem is its form, otherwise this Pokemon has Kyurem's IVs and nature.

How does reflect type work? If the opponent has a dual-typing, which type will be copied? In other words, if ferrothorn switches in on starmie and i use reflect type, what will happen?

Should drizzle volcarona generally have hp water? Ive been thinking of doing just that, but the dropped speed iv might hurt in the end.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Should drizzle volcarona generally have hp water? Ive been thinking of doing just that, but the dropped speed iv might hurt in the end.
meh. fire stab in rain is still pretty strong when you need that super effective coverage on steels and such. smogon's recommended set is fire blast/bug buzz/hurric and generally i'd stick to it

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Giga Drain is also a very viable option on Volcarona in the rain. I have also seen moves like Substitute, Roost, and Rest (with Chesto Berry) work well on Rain Volcarona.

I've been running a specially defensive Zapdos to handle some weather threats - Thunderbolt hits Waters, Heat Wave for Grasses and Steels, and HP Ice for Gliscor, Landorus, and Thundurus-T. But of course he can't do everything, and sandstorm teams do give him a bit of trouble. What's an effective teammate and/or sandstorm check? (I used to run Gliscor, but he shared the Ice weakness and didn't really contribute much. Conkeldurr is on my team to handle Tyranitar, but I feel there's a better option.)

haunter

Banned deucer.
That really depends on what sand Pokemon you have troubles with. Skarmory can wall many Pokemon commonly used on sandstorm teams such as sand force Landorus (and even sheer force ones that don't run focus blast), Stoutland, scarf-Terrakion etc. Another option would be Bronzong, that probably has better synergy with Zapdos, resisting both ice and rock attacks. Unfortunately it lacks a reliable recovery move though.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'd say like Haunter, any Steel pokemon that has a decent typing.
Bronzong is cool, but the lack of recovery can hurt as said.

Try to consider Forretress since they can totally go for a 2 man defensive core providing spikes/SR and spin.
A wish Jirachi (no need to be a SpD one, you can go for a physically defensive pokemon), can be a good partner, mitigating the SR weakness of Zapdos with Wish. Providing also a lot of Utility moves.

who else besides Genesect is being tested to head up to ubers? That always confuses me.
No one, at the moment. Though I think someone said that something Rain related was likely to be tested next. For now though, Genesect is the only thing being tested.

Actually, come to think of it, I have a question. Can we get another "Counter This Pokémon" thread going? I really liked it even before it became a team building exercise, back when all we did was post a common Pokémon and then everyone posted sets that countered it best. It was a lot of fun trying to think of and post sets that could beat whatever threats we were focusing on that day.

I have a team that's hyper offensive but i've got two pokemon who use set up moves (although one of them doesn't need his unless it's necessary) the other is a Multiscale DDNite who also has Outrage, Fire Punch and Extremespeed, he does ok mostly but usually I have to send him out first especially when Sandstorm comes into play (I run into it and sun more than the other weathers).

I've been wondering lately if I should switch him to a "Choice band" nite and run Superpower over Dragon Dance, but i'm not sold on the idea completely because i have to ask, is Superpower worth it?

Not sure if this should be in the simple Q/A but I got some odd questions...

-- Is there a hierarchy of weather effects? I was thinking about putting an Air Lock monster in my lineup if I can lead with him and cancel out the weather of the opponent opener.

-- How important is having 31 IV in all stats (or highest possible for HP)? Since you can only control three IV without RNG or editing, are maxing IV a must for competition?

-- Where do you guys go for trading for your monsters? I usually use the GameFAQs.com trading board but it's kinda meh I think..

-- Before opening a "rate my team" thread, what should I know/do before then?

-- Lastly, how do you guys keep track of EVs, where do you get your EV lowering berries, and how do you get your Rare Candies? I'm afraid that you're going to say Battle Subway for Rare Candies, because I'm notoriously bad at it x.x

Weather will continue after the air lock pokemon is taken out or switched out keep that in mind.

Maxing IVs are not a must, but very very very important.

I think there is a trading area in the Wifi section of the forum.

you should read the rules and take a look at other RMTs before opening an RMT thread.

Usually people finish EV training in 1 go, write them down on paper, or just simply use pokesav to get the damn EVs done. If you are hopelessly lost on what EV's you have, just spam EV berries everywhere.

The location for those items can be found on Serebii. As far as i know, EV lowering berries cant be obtained normally in BW.

EDIT: there are EV lowering items sold in the Join Avenue in BW2. Building up your Join avenus a bit would help.
EDIT2: EV lowering berries are sold in Join Avenue too... lol forgot. But i would rather go get the make up that removes EV.

-- Is there a hierarchy of weather effects? I was thinking about putting an Air Lock monster in my lineup if I can lead with him and cancel out the weather of the opponent opener.
Air Lock and Cloud Nine only cancel out the effects of weather while the Pokémon with those abilities are switched in. They don't actually end the weather or cancel it out permanently.

-- How important is having 31 IV in all stats (or highest possible for HP)? Since you can only control three IV without RNG or editing, are maxing IV a must for competition?
Maximizing IVs is very important for major tournaments like the VGCs but it isn't necessary for standard play although you will occasionally find yourself at a disadvantage simply because your Pokémon isn't as good.

-- Where do you guys go for trading for your monsters? I usually use the GameFAQs.com trading board but it's kinda meh I think..
We have a Wi-Fi subforum where people trade or give away Pokémon.

-- Before opening a "rate my team" thread, what should I know/do before then?
You should have used the team extensively before posting the RMT so you know how effective it is and how your team deals with threats in the metagame

-- Lastly, how do you guys keep track of EVs, where do you get your EV lowering berries, and how do you get your Rare Candies? I'm afraid that you're going to say Battle Subway for Rare Candies, because I'm notoriously bad at it x.x
Keeping track of EVs is something you have to figure out, but there are lots of different ways to deal with EVs so it's just up to you. Check this out

guess i'll ask just one more time.

Is superpower worth using on Dragonite, if so should I switch to a choice band because of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)