Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end you have to make th choice. Scarf-Mence sits one a rather uncomfortable speed tier with Scarf-Terrakion running rampant but your team can handle him with Lucario and Scizor as backup. When Scarf-Terrakion kills something with Stone Edge, Lucario can get a free SD on it, assuming you run Bullet Punch instead of Ice Punch in the case it comes back.
Another reasonable substitute is Alakazam with Psyshock, who is also conveniently faster than Starmie and the ponies. You appear not to consider Keldeo and Terrakion for this job, so we will just leave it that way.

Practically every Heatran can run Stealth Rocks, even the offensive Air Balloon one. In that case you just have to watch out for some Landoruses who are ballsy enough trying to break your Balloon, so you need to play a mind game. Does he switch or not? Do I put up SR or kill it?
Anyway, I have found Heatran a bit underperforming in non-weather teams because of the abundance of rain in this metagame.
Other good choices are special attacker Landorus with SR in general, or Landorus-T with SR when you need a counter to Terrakion. Deoxys-D takes the cake, though.

^The only reason I bring Heatran up is because other than him, Ninetales, Infernape, and Volcarona, there are no there other OU tier fire pokemon so it's really a matter of subjection.

I'm not a big fan of Heatran personally, but if I was going to replace Infernape, he is the most logical choice considering that Volcarona also requires set up unless it's choiced or running a life orb, and Ninetales is really only good for activating Sunny Day.

I have a scarfMence i've run from time to time and it does pretty well all things considered.

It's becoming apparent that perhaps if I was to leave Infernape off the team I would need to look into a completely different element, at least going by what your saying since it appears fire is pointless now outside of a sunny day team.

As far as Terrakion and Keldeo go, Terrakion is overused way too much where i battle, and Keldeo's got the nasty "event" status, i'd prefer to use pokemon I can actually give nicknames too.

Which Pokemon can beat SubCM Jirachi? Then, which Poke should I pair Jirachi with to beat those counters? I'm thinking of one of the dragons (Mence/Latios/Hydreigon/DNite) but not sure which one/which set would be the most effective.
Also, if running SubCM Rachi on a non-weather team, what is the best combination of moves? Will its STABs (Flash Cannon + Psychic) work ? Because most of the things that resist this combo can't touch CM Jirachi anyways.

Earthquake-Gastrodon is a surefire counter to Sub-CM Jirachi. Gliscor is less of a counter, but will still deal a lot of damage with Earthquake. Outside of rain, Volcanora might try to setup along you.
Dragons aren't the best answer, as Gastrodon might carry Ice Beam. Try Celebi, it survives any Gastrodon and (not-acrobat-)Gliscor. For Volcanora, just run rain and SR, otherwise Terrakion is pretty solid.

Depending on which moves you run, there are a few more counters. Thunderbolt is a must, run Psyshock and Tyranitar kills you, run Flash Cannon and you will loose any CM war agaist those with Recovery (Latias, Reuniclus). A good answer to Tyranitar is Terrakion or Lucario, Scizor is good against Reuniclus and Latias.

I'm currently running a special growth Venusaur. I'm wondering, out of Sleep Powder and Sludge Bomb, which would be the overall better move?

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I think Sludge Bomb works better, but as of the moment, what is your moveset? (It'll help us out). Sludge Bomb helps or else you get walled really hard by Dragon types, though.

If you want suspect voting reqs for the Deoxys-D Suspect Test, do you need to reach the required glicko/deviation in both the OU and OU Suspect ladders, or just the OU ladder?

Thank you in advance. Have a nice day.

Well, if you don't mind clones you can ask someone if they have a backup.

That kind of questions are usually asked here, just to say, so when you want a clone, ask there.

I need a pokemon that sets up on kingdra checks and counters while I also need kingdra to be able to set up on that pokemon checks and counters but i can't think of any. Any suggestions?

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
I'm currently running a special growth Venusaur. I'm wondering, out of Sleep Powder and Sludge Bomb, which would be the overall better move?
When running Venusaur you need all the coverage you can get, so you should always run Sludge Bomb over Sleep Powder and use Growth as you're setup move, with this set you will always be walled by Heatran so running a ground pokemon or a trapper like Dugtrio or Terrakion will help you're Venusaur out. Another reason for not running Sleep Powder is that it wouldn't help you out at all as Venusaur just can't hit hard enough without Growth and without Sludge Bomb you're walled cold by dragons. But you can always run a pokemon like Mamoswine which fixes both off those problems, but this will bring a lot of prediction in so it isn't recommended if you can avoid it.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I need a pokemon that sets up on kingdra checks and counters while I also need kingdra to be able to set up on that pokemon checks and counters but i can't think of any. Any suggestions?
choice specs kingdra + sub charge beam magnezone is a really cool combination, since the former is only really given trouble by ferrothorn and sdef jirachi, and magnezone beats both of those with ease. here are the sets in case you'r e interested:

kingdra @ choice specs
trait: swift swim
evs: 252 satk / 4 sdef / 252 spd
modest nature
- draco meteor
- hydro pump
- dragon pulse
- surf / ice beam

magnezone @ leftovers
trait: magnet pull
evs: 4 hp / 252 satk / 252 spd
timid nature
- substitute
- charge beam
- hidden power [ice]
- thunderbolt / flash cannon

Can you beat sun without having to use weather yourself?
Yes. Heatran is a full stop to most sun teams, as he's immune to their Fire attacks, 4x resists their Grass attacks, and can use the sun boost to launch powerful Fire attacks of his own. Heatran gets fucked over by Dugtrio though, but Air Balloon and Choice Scarf (if you dare) can circumvent this issue.

Latias is also an excellent sun counter thanks to her titanic special bulk, and she serves as a good counter to other weathers as well (though be careful around Tyranitar, who eats Latias for a midafternoon snack).

Can you beat sun without having to use weather yourself?
It is very, very hard...

Outside of Heatran, your best options are Dragonite (with roost or choice band) or mamoswine. While Mamoswine doesn't resist the attacks of common sub pokemon, its priority Ice Shard can snipe Chlorophyll users and Dragons. Meanwhile, Dragonite easily sweeps most Sun teams since they lack Steel-types and it is a solid resist to Fire and Grass attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)