1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Matthew, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BettaOffDead

BettaOffDead

Is Trick Room still viable
  2. Sacaen

Sacaen

Yes.

Most of sun comes down to beating Venusaur and having something to take the sun boosted fire attacks. If you can beat venusaur and have something to take fire attacks, you should be good to go in general.

On my voltturn team which has no weather or true 'weather counter', it mainly comes down to making sure either Rotom-W or Xatu paralyzes Venusaur and Rotom-W stays alive as long as possible.

As others have said, having an actual sun counter like Latias and Heatran is always a good idea. And while more of a rain check, Kingdra can be nice too with it's 4x fire resist.

TR Reuniclus certainly is viable. Even just on it's own, it can be a huge threat to offensive teams. However what I notice with full TR teams is that they get so consumed with keeping TR up 100% of the time that the opportunity cost of the TR setting turns can really hamper their effectiveness and it can be really easy to take advantage of. I don't really see full TR teams as viable, but TR Reuniclus can be quite scary when played right. Stall also has trouble with Reuniclus.
  3. BattleStar

BattleStar

I am not really big in OU, I play RU much more. However I am intersted in creating a stall team. Are there any articles, theads, RMTs, Etc that anyone can suggest?
  4. thesynchrohero

thesynchrohero

Is there anywhere to post warstories now that stark mountain is gone ?
  5. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Yeah, you post the warstory just HERE. The same forum where you found this simple questions and answers thread.

Here you can find an example of warstory: Dragons, Dinos, and Donkeys (I mean ponies): an OU Warstory made by Kidogo.
  6. Arceus Nui

Arceus Nui

What makes a Pokemon a threat to a team? Because in my mind, any Pokemon could be a threat, if you play awkwardly around it

EDIT: or all your counters to that threat, any threat, are removed.
  7. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

A threat to a Team is a pokemon that can cause a lot of trouble to that team
    For example, your team is Dragonite, Salamence, Hydreigon, Alataria, Tyranitar and Ninjask. This team sucks, i know, but it is only ab example. Mamoswine is a HUGE threat to this team because he can hit supereffectivily all pokes.

Anoter way to be a threat:
    If you have only special sweepers on your team, obviouslt Blissey is a threat.
  8. Golden Piloswine

Golden Piloswine

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Moves can also be a threat, like Toxic to a stall Gastrodon. Your team will always have threats, but how you prepare for those threats is what makes your team great.
  9. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

Does pokegen/pokemon selector GTS work for the 3DS?
  10. BettaOffDead

BettaOffDead

If you want to win consistently, you should never use a full stall team. Use Semi stall instead. It's basically a core of no more than three or so stall pokemon along with revenge killers that can threaten offensive pokemon that can and willl try to break though your stall.

Stall Pokemon to consider are Skarmory, Blissey, Chansey, Ferrothorn, Jellcent, Gliscor, Slowbro, Hippowdon, and Quagsire.

A very good revenge killer would be Scarf imposter ditto which is arguably the best check to just about any setup sweeper. It copies the boosts and will always be faster thanks to Scarf which allows you to kill the setup sweeper and possibly counter sweep.
  11. GatoDelFuego

GatoDelFuego Currently experiencing a serious case of Dance Kittens
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

The Defense of the Titans project was designed to encourage stall play in BW2. In the competition, which if I remember correctly has ended, people tried to win top ladder spots with stall teams, and quite a few did. It also has a lot of stall discussion and helpful hints.
  12. Arceus Nui

Arceus Nui

What are some good counters/checks to sun teams? (I'm getting really tired of running Heatran in every team I make :l)
  13. Sacaen

Sacaen

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575363&postcount=1249

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575405&postcount=1250

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4575486&postcount=1252

Pretty much same question was just asked and answered.

-Latias
    -Dragonite
    -Mamoswine
    -Kingdra
    -Liberal use of paralysis
    -Dugtrio

Surprise Rain Dance or Hail users are also nice, to reset the weather after you kill off Ninetales.
  14. BettaOffDead

BettaOffDead

*Sigh*

What are some good Deoxys-D replacements? Looks like our favorite fatass may be getting banned soon.
  15. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Sash Terrakion works well with rocks and taunt.
    Custap berry forretress lets you set up at least 2 layers of hazards.
  16. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

What percentage HP does Custap activate at? What if Forretress is hit for 60%? Will it still activate?
  17. LilOuOn

LilOuOn

Custap Berry activates at 25%. If Forretress is hit for 60% it will no activate.
  18. The Takuto

The Takuto

Why is Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Moxie illegal on Salamence?
  19. BurningMan

BurningMan fueled by beer

Skarmory is another pokemon that learns Stealth Rock and Spikes has a built n Focus Sash as well as an ok speed (well not ok but not as terrible as Ferrothorn or Forretress) and can prevent set-up with Whirlwind taunt might be a problem but there are not many taunt useres outside of Deoxys-D, Sableye and Lead Terrakion.

If you are just looking for a fast SR Set-Up Azelf, Aerodactly, Garchomp and Terrakion are all reliable Suicide Leads.

@Takuto its not ilegal your source is propably just outdated beause it was illegal before BW 2
  20. Tombst0ne

Tombst0ne

Ladders?

I've noticed alot of people talking about ladders. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that a ladder is like a leader board of sorts. Where can I find and participate in these? Also, in relation to suspect test ladders, wtf does " a Glicko2 rating of 2000 or higher and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower" mean?
  21. RabidChipmunk

RabidChipmunk

In BW1, the reason was Salamence could only learn Outrage through Generation IV Move Tutors. Since Moxe Salamence was only obtainable through the Dreamworld, there was no way for Salamence to learn Outrage and have its ability be Moxie.

As of BW2, however, the move tutors are back, and Salamence can now carry the moves Dragon Dance, Outrage, and Moxie all on the same set.
  22. Homeslice

Homeslice

Is there any upside to sun over rain besides Chlorophyll, Fire Boosts, and Growth?
  23. Halcyon.

Halcyon. Mad, mad love
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

You reduce the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane to 50% and allow you to skip the charging turn for Solarbeam.
  24. melvni

melvni
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Also the damage dealt by Water-type attacks is halved as opposed to being multiplied by 1.5 in rain, meaning that Water-type attacks will be dealing 1/3 of the damage in sun that they would deal in rain.
  25. Present

Present

You should find all your answers in this and this thread.

Basically the ladder is your ranking compared to other players whenever you battle on the simlulator (rated battles).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)