Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
You can change your name only once under details; badge holders just get this title thing under the name. Go to CP / Settings and details to change your name :)

Thanks Shurt! I just found the Change your name option! But when i click there I get this message:

We are sorry, but this feature is currently disabled. Please amuse yourself by changing your location, avatar, and signature.
How did Neliel changed his name?

Quiet nature is horrible on a Latios :S but considering that you will not use it on WiFi, I'll suggest 252 Satk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp. Just as simple as that.

Yeah, it's a bad nature on a Latios. But, I can't really reset for good natures in Ruby - which is where I originally caught it. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I Baton Pass Focus Energy to a, say Absol, with the Super Luck ability and the item Scope Lens, then use Night Slash (or any move with high crit ratio) what exactly are the chances of getting a critical hit?

What's the set for CMRachi thats something along the lines of 12 HP/ 248 SpDef/ 242 Spd, Calm Mind, Wish and I forgot the rest. Any help?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
What's the set for CMRachi thats something along the lines of 12 HP/ 248 SpDef/ 242 Spd, Calm Mind, Wish and I forgot the rest. Any help?
You can find the set in the Strategy Pokedex of Smogon. Here is the analysis for Jirachi.

There are two sets packing Calm Mind. Sub CM and Wish CM. I'll post the sets just in case.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Flash Cannon / Water Pulse / Psyshock

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt / Thunder

EDIT: There is also the SuperRachi (Offensive Calm Mind) but nobody uses it.

You can find the set in the Strategy Pokedex of Smogon. Here is the analysis for Jirachi.

There are two sets packing Calm Mind. Sub CM and Wish CM. I'll post the sets just in case.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt / Thunder

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt / Thunder

EDIT: There is also the SuperRachi (Offensive Calm Mind) but nobody uses it.
I looked at those two set but its not exactly what I was looking for but I think I'll just change it to make a Specially Defensive set. Thanks for the help though

Sorry if this has been answered but is Kyurem-B OU or uber cause it's on the ou list but the actual page says uber for the only tab as far as I can tell... Thanks :)

They need a bit tweaking.

First of all, in OU, you shold at least run enough speed to outrun Jolly Mamoswine and Landorus-T. 236 speed is enough, 240 for HP Fire.
Secondly, the Scarf-Kyurem-B has to be played with more care because it is pretty much the slowest Scarfer in OU (with the expection of Landorus-T).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The OU ladder will not be reset after the test. The OU Suspect ladder will be frozen and unplayable until the next suspect test, at which point it will be reset.

My question:
Let's say I'm using 252 HP Victini, whose HP stat is divisible by four. If I want to reduce Stealth Rock damage on Victini, should I lower its HP stat by one point or by several?

My question:
Let's say I'm using 252 HP Victini, whose HP stat is divisible by four. If I want to reduce Stealth Rock damage on Victini, should I lower its HP stat by one point or by several?
The amount of damage dealt by Stealth Rock is rounded down. So, on a 252 HP Victini, which gives it 404 HP, SR would deal out 101 damage. On a 248 HP Victini, with 403 HP, SR will only do 100 damage. So if you want to minimize the amount of damage done, but maximize its HP, use 248 HP EVs instead.

Btw, you're using Final Gamibit Victini, right? If you're running a bulky set with Leftovers, it won't matter because Lefties will heal you, so you can just use the plain old 252 HP.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SubRoost PP stalling is just about the only viable strategy for Kyurem-I to use, everything else it can do is just about outclassed by Kyurem-B

It should have "change your name" as its own section. Action can only be used once per user
this is old but i just wanted to clarify that you cant use the change your name function anymore since it slows down the forums a lot :(

you can pm and admin to get it done although you need some serious dick sucking points to get it done :(

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Will the OU ladder be reset if Deo-D gets banned?
The OU ladder might not be, but the suspect ladder will probably be removed until the next suspect test.
The OU ladder will not be reset after the test. The OU Suspect ladder will be frozen and unplayable until the next suspect test, at which point it will be reset.
To clarify, the OU ladder will be reset once if Deo-D is banned as it would be a different metagame than it was before. If Deoxys-D remains OU, then the OU ladder will remain as it already is.

Either outcome will lead to the suspect ladder being frozen and then reset once a new suspect test is started.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I haven't changed my name before and I can't change it.
You just can't change your name. Only an admin has access to this option. Unless you are one, when you try to change, the forum gives a message saying that the options is disabled.

about the ps ubers voice challenge:

it uses the glicko2 rating. does that mean the ladder rating automatically sets to glicko2? also, how does it work?

Idk if this question was answered but I keep hearing Deoxys-D is getting tested for ubers. Is this true and if so does anyone know the date they will start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)