Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this getting asked a really long time ago, and I think it was the previous thread so I'm not gonna go digging for it.

A move, when used, can be affected by Magic Bounce only once, correct? For example, a Xatu uses Toxic against another Xatu. Toxic is reflected once, cannot be reflected again, and hits the Xatu who used it, right?

I remember this getting asked a really long time ago, and I think it was the previous thread so I'm not gonna go digging for it.

A move, when used, can be affected by Magic Bounce only once, correct? For example, a Xatu uses Toxic against another Xatu. Toxic is reflected once, cannot be reflected again, and hits the Xatu who used it, right?
It only gets bounced back once

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe the 66% is a "supermajority" system, used back when the people selected the test subjects on popular vote. 50% automatically suspected a pokemon the next round, but it required 66% for a ban. This was when multiple suspects were active at once. The system was changed after excadrill was voted "do not ban" for four straight rounds I believe then banned the next, and the smogon council saw there was something wrong with letting the userbase select a pokemon five times in a row.

The community also decided to suspect reuniclus, volcarona, and dragonite. While there are complaints about the current system, it was decided the community didn't need that much power. However, it lowered the ban majority to 50%.

Drizzle Team Building Help

Drizzle Team Help
I can't decide which pokemon to use for my rain team and its driving me crazy. Politoed and tentacruel are the only ones I'm positive about and I'm leaning towards swampert too but other than that I have no clue which pokemon to use. I am debating between 3 good dragons, latios, dragonite and salamence but I only want to use so I'm not too weak to ice or dragon. Then there comes the complicated tornadus, I want someone to abuse hurricanes perfect accuracy in the rain and if I don't use dragonite I might use tornadus but if use dragonite I certainly don't want to. After that there are breloom and toxicroak to pick from. Breloom is better on its own but I feel like toxicroak might be better in the rain. Finally there is lapras, with hydra rest usable in the rain and lapras's good defense stats and curse I feel like lapras could be a good wall if used right and with enough curse boosts it could pack a punch with waterfall, especially in the rain. Anyway here are the sets for these pokemon, what do you guys think I should use?

Politoed: surf, protect, toxic, perishsong (leftovers) -drizzle
Latios: dracometeor, thunder, surf, recover (lifeorb) -levitate
Tentacruel: toxicspikes, rapidspin, surf, protect (black sludge) -rain dish
Swampert: waterfall, earthquake, stealthrock, icepunch (leftovers) -torrent
Toxicroak: drainpunch, icepunch, suckerpunch, bulkup (blacksludge) -dry skin
Tornadus: hurricane, u-turn, focus blast, hiddenpower (lifeorb) -prankster
Breloom: spore, bulletseed, machpunch, lowsweep (lifeorb) -technician
Lapras: curse, waterfall, rest, toxic (leftovers) -hydration
Salamence: outrage, aquatail, earthquake, stone edge (choice scarf) -moxie
Dragonite: hurricane, aquatail, thunder, extremespeed (lifeorb) multiscale

Please, PLEASE read the forum rules before creating threads like this. If you want to ask questions, you might want to ask them in the Simple Questions & Answers thread.

When and why did Deoxys-D become a big enough threat to go Uber? IIRC when I took a hiatus a year ago it was like UU or something, but certainly not used much in OU. Is it that it was outclassed by Deoxys-S as a lead spiker but once he went Uber people very slowly realized that he was a pretty decent replacement?

When and why did Deoxys-D become a big enough threat to go Uber? IIRC when I took a hiatus a year ago it was like UU or something, but certainly not used much in OU. Is it that it was outclassed by Deoxys-S as a lead spiker but once he went Uber people very slowly realized that he was a pretty decent replacement?
Deo-D got banned a couple of day ago. The reason as to why is because when you use it, it can almost guarantee SR + minimum 1 Spikes. Which essential is enough to win you a game. You also couldn't really prevent it from getting hazards up unless you carried Magic Bounce. Deo-D's movepool is so diverse that it can carry a move do deal with its "counters", such HP Fire for Scizor. Since Scizor's would lead and U-Turn out and kill it, it gets fried by HP Fire since its slower. Lead Terrakion is faster and can Taunt but Deo-D you have Psycho Boost to bring to the Sash. Tentacruel would also die to a Psycho Boost after (iirc) SR + 1 or 2 Spikes. Bottom line is that Deo-D really had no solid to check or counter to it and that's why it was banned. I personally don't like the ban but it makes sense as to why it happened.

With 6th gen approaching fast, would a thread having the users vote on probably the top 10 pokemon with the most impact on 5th gen OU be acceptable for its own thread? I'm curious because I would like to see what the users would suggest as being what exactly defined 5th gen, and this would include mons that were in ou at some point, but then dropped or were banned.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd personally love to see such a thread. I'm enjoying looking at the top 10 pokemon of all generations so having one for 5th gen would be very interesting. Considering most pokemon that were banned were banned relatively quickly (excluding deoxys), the current metagame at the moment would probably be the "defining" 5th gen style. However, the current most dominating thread had in its description that banned pokemon were considered OU for their influence, but I don't think this would ever come up. I'd get approval for this from some OU leaders, because it sounds interesting!
At any rate if banned pokemon were allowed it would easily be genesect #1

I started BW battling soon after the banishment of Moody. I've read a lot about it and how broken it is, but I would like to see some replays or battle logs involving a pokemon that uses it.

Is there a place where I can find them? (I've tried searching this site and on Google, but nothing)

Just Saying...

I hope Im not late in saying this, and if I am please tell me. Also this may not be in the right place, but I spent a while looking for where to put it. But to get on with it, I have noticed that the movepools for Landorus-T and every other Therian form member of the Genie Trio is missing. This has caused me to run into many problems in trying to make a moveset for them seeing as they have very diverse movepools and they have lots of different things they can learn. Im just bringing this to your attention smogon, hoping something can be done. Thank You.

He's talking about the moves under the Therian forms, but you can just look under the Incarnate form for BW movepools. They have analyses, which show what moves are more important to the Pokemon in general.

I started BW battling soon after the banishment of Moody. I've read a lot about it and how broken it is, but I would like to see some replays or battle logs involving a pokemon that uses it.

Is there a place where I can find them? (I've tried searching this site and on Google, but nothing)
Its not broken as much as its the stupidest shit ever.
Basically, you get random boosts, which can include evasion. Therefore, it was possible to send in a Moody poke, get an evasion boost, and win the match because of the opponent got several misses, while you continue to grab boosts and do whatever you want. It was deemed uncompetitive, I think, because you could win a whole match because Smeargle got a lucky evasion boost and was able to set up for days.
Its been the same for most things that boost evasion, like Sand Veil and Double Team. They've all been banned because all it took was a little luck and you were unstoppable.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok this is sort of a weird question, but can someone watch the end of this battle and explain something to me?

So he has Kyurem-B, who uses Outrage twice, didn't get confused, and then was able to switch moves anyway and Freeze Shock my Ferrothorn. Honestly, I'm just confused. I have no idea how that happened. It didn't matter in the end, but still I can't figure it out. Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to go, so does anyone have any idea what happened?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok this is sort of a weird question, but can someone watch the end of this battle and explain something to me?

So he has Kyurem-B, who uses Outrage twice, didn't get confused, and then was able to switch moves anyway and Freeze Shock my Ferrothorn. Honestly, I'm just confused. I have no idea how that happened. It didn't matter in the end, but still I can't figure it out. Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to go, so does anyone have any idea what happened?
This belongs in the Bug Reports thread in the Pokemon Showdown! forum. In fact, you aren't the only user having this problem, as there are one or two more recent Outrage bug reports.

As far as what happened, I'm not sure, and I just logged off of IRC so I can't even bug Marty or Cathy about it...

Could someone hit me up with some EV information on LO MixNite?
I'd like the standard and then some other variations.
Thanks~

GatoDelFuego

I know the DPP set uses 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Sp, but the attack is mostly used for beating blissey and the speed is for outspeeding tyranitar with a neural nature. You could probably find a set speed number based on what you want to beat and throw the rest of the EVs into bulk. Dragonite needs 196 speed evs and a neutral nature to outspeed defensive jirachi, rotom, tentacruel, politoed and others.

If tiers are based on usage, then how is it that consistantly popular OU threts (Scizor, Politoed and Ferrothorn) aren't sent to ubers and why are Blaziken and Excadrill are in ubers when these Pokemon aren't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)