Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers / Little Cup Information / Forum Rules

Sorry if this is wrong or anything but I'm super new to LC and went over the rules and banlist, and Eevium Z is banned because Extreme Evoboost with Adaptability is…broken, but how come Porygon itself gets banned and not Normalium Z/Z Conversion? Especially since Z Conversion + Download isn't as good as Extreme Evobost + Adaptability…is because Porygon itself has good stats

Just a thought.

Sorry if this is wrong or anything but I'm super new to LC and went over the rules and banlist, and Eevium Z is banned because Extreme Evoboost with Adaptability is…broken, but how come Porygon itself gets banned and not Normalium Z/Z Conversion? Especially since Z Conversion + Download isn't as good as Extreme Evobost + Adaptability…is because Porygon itself has good stats

Just a thought.
Porygon was already a really good Pokemon, it had great stats, a good movepool and was starting to get centralising. Z-Conversion just pushed it over the edge.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader

Just a thought.
Hi, welcome to LC!

Vanillish Wafer covered it very well, but banning Porygon or Banning Conversion was discussed within the LC Council. You can read the council's opinions in this post.

Stick around in LC!

Hey, I am new to LC and wanted to make a team on my Sun/moon gamee. I was wondering how does Staryu for example learn Rapid Spin at lvl5.? I just can not figure it out.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I am new to LC and wanted to make a team on my Sun/moon gamee. I was wondering how does Staryu for example learn Rapid Spin at lvl5.? I just can not figure it out.
In ORAS, Staryu could get Rapid Spin by breeding two Staryu/Starmie that both had Rapid Spin. In general, if both parents know a move that the baby learns through level up, the baby will have it upon hatching, at lvl 1. Then you level it up to lvl 5 and you have a lvl 5 Staryu with Rapid Spin.

In SuMo however, the move relearner now also teaches moves that the Pokemon will learn in the future, so any Pokemon can know any of the moves they learn through levelup at any level.

In ORAS, Staryu could get Rapid Spin by breeding two Staryu/Starmie that both had Rapid Spin. In general, if both parents know a move that the baby learns through level up, the baby will have it upon hatching, at lvl 1. Then you level it up to lvl 5 and you have a lvl 5 Staryu with Rapid Spin.

In SuMo however, the move relearner now also teaches moves that the Pokemon will learn in the future, so any Pokemon can know any of the moves they learn through levelup at any level.

Thank you a lot. Finally someone can help me !!

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader

Just a correction, Staryu and Starmie are genderless, so they cannot breed with themselves. If you wanted an LC-eliable Staryu with Rapid Spin, you needed to use the Pomeg Glitch. You can read more about that here!

Just a correction, Staryu and Starmie are genderless, so they cannot breed with themselves. If you wanted an LC-eliable Staryu with Rapid Spin, you needed to use the Pomeg Glitch. You can read more about that here!
So can i go to the move relearner to get Rapid Spin or not ?
Or is it just possible with this glitch?

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Right forgot about the genderless part. I do know about the Pomeg glitch, but thanks anyway! What I said still works for most other mons though

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Is there ever going to be an Lc ubers meta? With the list of Lc ubers continuously growing, I'm sure by now there'd be enough mons for a solid ubers meta.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Is there ever going to be an Lc ubers meta? With the list of Lc ubers continuously growing, I'm sure by now there'd be enough mons for a solid ubers meta.
There will be, it is coming soon™

Does anyone have the link to the LC guide blarajan made like 3 years ago? i can't seem to find it. Asking for a friend
http://www.smogon.com/bw/articles/bw_lc_guide_update
I think this is the right one. Even if it isn't most of the information is quite relevant i believe

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Is an LC Ubers ladder ever plausible? I remember Quote considering it at the beginning of the gen and it would be nice to use the LC Ubers mons since they are all relatively bad in higher tiers except Scyther and Sneasel.

Is an LC Ubers ladder ever plausible? I remember Quote considering it at the beginning of the gen and it would be nice to use the LC Ubers mons since they are all relatively bad in higher tiers except Scyther and Sneasel.
It could surely happen, although it would just be LC with a lifted ban list of Pokémon and Eevium Z. It will only happen with enough player interest however.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
It could surely happen, although it would just be LC with a lifted ban list of Pokémon and Eevium Z. It will only happen with enough player interest however.
Well taking that so many people enjoyed the Tangma meta in ORAS LC, I would imagine that it would have a player base here as well. If LC UU got a ladder last Gen, then LC ubers should be given a same chance this gen.

Oh lol I just realized the question was asked before me, my apologies (however it proves my point that there is an interest).

Hey, new LC player here. I understand how ev spreads are very different in LC but how important are IVS? Are they usually required for competitive teams or is it too low of a level that it won't make a major impact?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)