Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

what kind of roles does zekrom play??
how far can i go in sweeping with hone claws complemented by tailwind support.
i like electric types, fond of zekrom's design. naturally this makes zekrom my fav

ps: tailwind needs to last 5 turns.
Zekrom can play the role of a stall breaker with Hone Claws and Substitute. It's also good vs offense if it has Shuca Berry since it helps vs Salamence and Extreme Killer. So for me the best set is the Substitute Hone Claws Shuca Berry. It's totally viable and you can use it.

Can someone please make me a Stallbreaker (something like Reflect Type/Taunt/Pain Split/Shadow ball or something) with Evs and benchmarks please?
Thank you!

Can someone please make me a Stallbreaker (something like Reflect Type/Taunt/Pain Split/Shadow ball or something) with Evs and benchmarks please?
Thank you!
This doesn't break stall effectively.
To break stall you should consider those:
1) Something that can set up Stealth Rock vs Stall. Example: Dialga and many others.
2) A trapper Example: Mega Gengar. You should pair it with a pokemon that abuses the trap like Ho-Oh who is a pain for stall once your Gengar trap kills Arceus Water and Tyranitar.
3) Pokemon that work as stall breakers. Example: ParaDancer Primal Groudon with Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Precipiss Bladesand Stone Edge, Life Orb Mewtwo etc.
Those are the main points against stall there are others but those are the basic points.

Last edited:

Befall

Banned deucer.
This doesn't break stall effectively.
To break stall you should consider those:
1) Something that can set up Stealth Rock vs Stall. Example: Dialga and many others.
2) A trapper Example: Mega Gengar. You should pair it with a pokemon that abuses the trap like Ho-Oh who is a pain for stall once your Gengar trap kills Arceus Water and Tyranitar.
3) Pokemon that work as stall breakers. Example: ParaDancer Primal Groudon with Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Precipiss Bladesand Stone Edge, Life Orb Mewtwo etc.
Those are the main points against stall there are others but those are the basic points.

Paradancer don should be running Firepunch>Stoneedge btw

hyw

Banned deucer.
No it shouldn't, Stone Edge is absolutely necessary by a large margin due to it allowing Primal Groudon to to hit major threats like Mega Salamence, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Giratina-O, and Latias. The only pro of running Fire Punch that I can think of are perfect accuracy and the ability to destroy niche Pokémon such as Bronzong and Arceus-Grass but not being able to hit the first two of the aforementioned threats alone should warrant Ground/Rock as the overwhemingly superior coverage combination.

Befall

Banned deucer.
Relying on Stonemiss is just asking for hax. Besides, primal don shouldn't be used as a sole check birds n giratina origin. I think The Outrage can agree with me that fire punch is still viable over stone miss as he has opted for it multiple times

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
On double dance/paradance you are aiming to be a sweeper, not a check. The moves should therefore be the ones that give the most optimal coverage. EdgeQuake is very well known for having perfect neutral coverage aside from bronzong, and firequake has relatively poor coverage which vastly increases the number of things that wall you. Not that you check, that you are walled by.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Although it's important to note that assuming you parad them earlier in the game, +2 Ada Fire Punch will down Latios, Ho-oh after rocks, Latias with rocks and ever so slight prior, chunk Giratina-O and Mence more than they'd like(particularly if Mence didn't have intimidate) and still KO Lugia that run any Speed after rocks.

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios in Harsh Sunshine: 311-366 (102.9 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Latias in Harsh Sunshine: 282-333 (79.6 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh in Harsh Sunshine: 282-333 (67.9 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 248 Def Giratina-O in Harsh Sunshine: 204-241 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Salamence in Harsh Sunshine: 168-198 (42.7 - 50.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rayquaza: 188-222 (53.5 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Lugia in Harsh Sunshine: 310-366 (74.5 - 87.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

A lot of these require rocks but I don't think its a completely terrible option.

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm Berkeley and I play LC but I wanna get into Ubers and I'm bad at remembering the Battling 101 dates so what's the best way to get into the tier??

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm Berkeley and I play LC but I wanna get into Ubers and I'm bad at remembering the Battling 101 dates so what's the best way to get into the tier??
Play. That's really how you learn tbh.

Ladder is a decent place to get started, but your opponents will probably suck until you reach 1500-1560 or so. If you don't fancy the ladder, hang out in the PS! room and join informal roomtours. We have them frequently and you tend to get better quality matches than the ladder. Usually.

Here is a good resource for when you want to make your own teams. Also check the stickied viability thread to see what's good currently in the metagame.

If you want a first team, here is a bog standard hyper offense. It's easy to use and is useful to climb up the ladder relatively quickly to see what people at higher ranks use.

Deoxys-Speed @ Rocky Helmet / Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Skill Swap

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb

There will also be an Uberscast in the near future, I recommend listening to it when it comes out.

Good luck! Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
There's a post floating around somewhere (I believe by Minority Suspect) about why there isn't a BL or whatever under Ubers for the mons that suck/never get used in the tier. Does anybody know where that post is?

when sweeping with PG
what's a more important stat to set-up??
speed(rock polish) or atk(SD)
basically i am asking which stat is prioritized over the other

when sweeping with PG
what's a more important stat to set-up??
speed(rock polish) or atk(SD)
basically i am asking which stat is prioritized over the other
It depends on what's left of your opponent's team.

If what is left are a bunch of fast but weakened/frail pokemon, then Rock Polish
If what is left are slow, but can take a hit, Swords Dance
If it's a mix, think about which pokemon threaten PDonner the most, and use the appropriate boosting move depending on what you need to deal with those pokemon

Last edited:
What are Arc-Steel and Arc-Flying's niches?
Arceus Steel checks Xerneas, non Earthquake Salamence, Probably Rayquaza, and Mega Diancie.
Arceus Flying is kinda bad. Well while flying is a good offensive type. It's bad in defensive synergy. I think Rayquaza totally outclasses it.

Well as a player who built a lot In Oras for various tournaments and ladder(70 teams). I didn't build any team, with any of those two so in my opinion they are not worth it.

Freeroamer

Arc Steel doesn't check Xern given how many run Focus Blast this gen but I agree with the others. You might be able to get away with Calm Mind if paired with other Pokemon to chip Pdon but it would still be mediocre.

Only way I would ever consider using Arc Flying even on a gimmick team would also be CM cos of how brutal Ray and Mence are as physical Flying attackers. In short though Outrage is correct these mons aren't worth the opportunity cost when the payoff to use them is so low.

Arc Steel doesn't check Xern given how many run Focus Blast this gen but I agree with the others. You might be able to get away with Calm Mind if paired with other Pokemon to chip Pdon but it would still be mediocre.

Only way I would ever consider using Arc Flying even on a gimmick team would also be CM cos of how brutal Ray and Mence are as physical Flying attackers. In short though Outrage is correct these mons aren't worth the opportunity cost when the payoff to use them is so low.
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Arceus-Steel: 368-434 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You're right. It's so bad I never used it to know :v

Le Chiffre

Banned deucer.
What's Arceus-Fighting's niche? It seems to not be useful at all and has horrible defense typing along with a weak stab

What's Arceus-Fighting's niche? It seems to not be useful at all and has horrible defense typing along with a weak stab
It checks Extreme killer and Darkrai pretty well. It's also good with T-wave for Latis, Mewtwo or any annoying switch in. It also can have either Ice Beam for MMence or Stone Edge for Ho-Oh. It's not that bad let's say but difficult to build with.

Hi guys. Can Zekrom be better then Kyurem-White for hit over Lugia's multiscale? Kyurem-W has most firepower but It's weak to SR but Zekrom does not look like a good 'mon in this meta.

Freeroamer

While both are pretty rare in ORAS, Zekrom is more viable than Kyurem-W. Kyurem offers little to no defensive synergy while with a Shuca berry Zekrom can somewhat check Mega Salamence and act as a Groudon lure with a Shuca Berry Hone Claws set. It's admittedly a very small niche, but a niche nonetheless. The set is on it's analysis if you're interested: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/zekrom/

Guys, i wanna build on sdQuaza. What set I should use? I was thinking Dragon ascent, V-Create and Extreme Speed, or aqua tail > v-create is better for Pdon? Maybe I could use latias with rayquaza to keep an offense style, like I thought for the builidng, or maybe arceus-ground, it has defog too, hits hard pdon in its every sets and it's not a dragon like latias, so I would not be weak against fairies, but I don't think my team will keep the offense style that I want if I insert arceus-ground.

Well, any suggestion for: the Rayquaza's set, which teammate I must insert (latias/arceus-ground) and what set should I use for this teammate?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)