Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Eon Ticket disappear if you reset the game after receiving it via StreetPass and also then receiving it from the girl in the Pokemon Centre?

The reason I ask is because I was soft-resetting for Regirock and after catching it and checking for its nature, I received the Eon Ticket from StreetPass. Regirock turned out to be Mild Nature so I was hoping to SR but worried I will lose the Eon Ticket, which I value a lot more (spent a whole day trying to get HomePass to work but still couldn't).

After encountering a wild Carvanha using the good rod off of route 118, can I dexnav chain it? Or is that limited to mons found by walking/surfing?

Also, if I want to use Dexnav chaining to catch a Makuhita in Granite Cave and a Numel in route 112 around the same level as the rest of my team at that point for my in-game run, how much time am I going to have to put in? And can I do this without getting their HAs? The same applies to Carvanha but obviously I'd want its HA.

Yep, you can chain everything on dexnav. If it's fished off, it'll treat it as a normal surfing one.
EDIT: I can verify also that higher levels come up before Hidden Abillities when chaining. While abilities may take a bit, you can get higher levels after maybe 5 or so encounters.

Last edited:
follow-up: if Im chaining during an in-game run to avoid the "newly caught wild mon grind" will I have to worry about the exp from killing wild mons overleveling my team?

follow-up: if Im chaining during an in-game run to avoid the "newly caught wild mon grind" will I have to worry about the exp from killing wild mons overleveling my team?
Turn off the Exp. Share and you should really just get one or two levels at most on your lead.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You don't need to KO the Pokémon anyway. It isn't "chaining" in the Pokéradar sense of the word, it's only based on the total # of encounters.

You don't need to KO the Pokémon anyway. It isn't "chaining" in the Pokéradar sense of the word, it's only based on the total # of encounters.
but doesn't running away make it less likely for you to be able to dexnav the mon again afterward?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
but doesn't running away make it less likely for you to be able to dexnav the mon again afterward?
Like Stellar said, chaining on the DexNav isn't the same as chaining with the Pokeradar. You don't need to KO the Pokemon and you don't need to encounter it in a row repeatedly. The DexNav just counts total encounters which levels up the search function permanently.

Source: I have the search function at like level 45 for Pelliper so I can just walk into a route and find a lucky egg on them almost straight away. I have found that higher level 'mons appear much more randomly, like finding a level 14 Slakoth at search level 3 (goddamn that thing almost whited me out)

I was Dex Nav chaining on rt 104 with a fainted lead sync (Ralts lv 3). Chained to 52 WITH repels. Nonfainted lead Grovyle @ lv 20. Repel still active, I decided I'd run out of grass after knocking out a Dex Nav chained Taillow. Run into a level 5 Wurmple, breaking my chain.

How on earth did my repel allow a lv 5 to appear? Does repel not work off the level of the first nonfainted anymore, meaning having a low lv fainted sync lead isn't going to help anymore?

I did run out the grass AFTER I KO'd the mon. While chaining, can you not run through the grass at all, even when you haven't spotted a Dex Nav mon?

I was Dex Nav chaining on rt 104 with a fainted lead sync (Ralts lv 3). Chained to 52 WITH repels. Nonfainted lead Grovyle @ lv 20. Repel still active, I decided I'd run out of grass after knocking out a Dex Nav chained Taillow. Run into a level 5 Wurmple, breaking my chain.

How on earth did my repel allow a lv 5 to appear? Does repel not work off the level of the first nonfainted anymore, meaning having a low lv fainted sync lead isn't going to help anymore?

I did run out the grass AFTER I KO'd the mon. While chaining, can you not run through the grass at all, even when you haven't spotted a Dex Nav mon?
repel counts your actual lead, not your nonfainted lead

In Contests, if a Mega-Evolve Pokemon hits max excitement, does it Mega Evolve by default? Or does it require its Mega Stone for Contests?

Does something special happen if you trade a Pokemon back from 10 year old Sapphire/Ruby to ORAS? Like I have Kyogre from Sapphire and even Entei from Colloseum :P

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does something special happen if you trade a Pokemon back from 10 year old Sapphire/Ruby to ORAS? Like I have Kyogre from Sapphire and even Entei from Colloseum :P
Talk to the Game Director in Lilycove while it's in the front of your party. He'll give you a certificate.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey, dont frequent this foru much but i actually have a question to ask you guys :x.

do you lose your flagcount/secret pals when you move bases?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)