Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this suspect testing? I was under the impression that no Pokemon gets banned from Ubers. I have various articles and sources saying that Xerneas, Mega Gengar, Greninja, or others are either being considered for getting banned from Ubers or have already been banned from Ubers, yet when I go to Strategy Pokedex I see that they are still in Ubers. Is there any way someone could fill me in on what exactly is going on, and what (if anything) is actually banned or getting discussed about possible bans from Uber?

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is this suspect testing? I was under the impression that no Pokemon gets banned from Ubers. I have various articles and sources saying that Xerneas, Mega Gengar, Greninja, or others are either being considered for getting banned from Ubers or have already been banned from Ubers, yet when I go to Strategy Pokedex I see that they are still in Ubers. Is there any way someone could fill me in on what exactly is going on, and what (if anything) is actually banned or getting discussed about possible bans from Uber?
lol Greninja

There was a recent suspect test on if Shadow Tag (the ability) should be banned from Ubers and yes, things can get banned from Ubers.

is everyone just using whatever part of the forums they can be seen at to voice their opinions on a matter that has yet to be settled? sit back, chill and wait for the senior staff to make moves. im sure there will be a thread where you get the opportunity to call smogon a dictatorship, corrupt or w/e it is you think is going on behind the scenes (dont get your hopes up), but dont clog up other threads in your attempt to make your voices known.

Just to ask - In ORAS Weather of Primal Ground and Primal Kyogre can't be changed when for example Sandstorm or Hail user switches in or I misread it somewhere ?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Just to ask - In ORAS Weather of Primal Ground and Primal Kyogre can't be changed when for example Sandstorm or Hail user switches in or I misread it somewhere ?
Only other Primal Weathers and Mega Ray can change Primal Weathers.

For example, if you switch Primal Kyogre or Mega Rayquaza INTO Primal Groudon, the weather will change. But, if you switch regular Kyogre into Primal Groudon, the weather won't change.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know when ADV Ubers support will be up on PS! I have heard rumors that it is currently being worked on.

I have a question about an item for Kyogre. Should I run Specs for immense power with Water Spout, or Scarf to have it be a fast special sweeper? Also Timid or Modest for the Nature?

yohoE

I have a question about an item for Kyogre. Should I run Specs for immense power with Water Spout, or Scarf to have it be a fast special sweeper? Also Timid or Modest for the Nature?
Ultimately it depends on your team. If you need a wall-breaker, go with Specs. If you need a revenge-killer, go with Scarf. Also, Modest is usually better for both sets.

Ultimately it depends on your team. If you need a wall-breaker, go with Specs. If you need a revenge-killer, go with Scarf. Also, Modest is usually better for both sets.
Okay thanks! I would probably go with Scarf on Kyogre then as a revenge killer. Modest would work well too for the attacks to be more powerful. I'm also between Sleep Talk and Ice Beam for Kyogre's fourth move. (The current set is Water Spout, Scald, and Thunder)

yohoE

Okay thanks! I would probably go with Scarf on Kyogre then as a revenge killer. Modest would work well too for the attacks to be more powerful. I'm also between Sleep Talk and Ice Beam for Kyogre's fourth move. (The current set is Water Spout, Scald, and Thunder)
The standard set, and the one I personally use, is Water Spout, Hydro Pump/Surf, Thunder and Ice Beam. I guess you could use Sleep Talk over Ice Beam, but you'd be completely walled by Gastrodon and Arceus-Grass, among other things.

I feel like it was so much easier before to find what I was looking for, but now the uber page is all clogged with these multigen craps, gen5, gen4 really. Do we really need five or so threads on teambuilding? And some other pointless stuff cloggin up.

Why do we have the pokemon threads locked up, can we just be organized like OU and actually have Pokemon thread so people who go here because they like pokemon and uber battle can actually read and talk about uber pokemon?

I feel like it was so much easier before to find what I was looking for, but now the uber page is all clogged with these multigen craps, gen5, gen4 really. Do we really need five or so threads on teambuilding? And some other pointless stuff cloggin up.

Why do we have the pokemon threads locked up, can we just be organized like OU and actually have Pokemon thread so people who go here because they like pokemon and uber battle can actually read and talk about uber pokemon?
Individual Pokemon threads really only happen in OU for whatever reason. Ubers, UU, LC and the other tiers have smaller player bases, and that may be a factor. Even in OU, the individual Pokemon threads die out shortly after the gen starts, and the active threads tend to be Viability, Creative sets, Good Cores, Team building and things in that vain.

Does mold breaker hit through the new weather abilities? Dunno if done sort of bug would mean immunity is scripted to the ability or not

yohoE

Does mold breaker hit through the new weather abilities? Dunno if done sort of bug would mean immunity is scripted to the ability or not
No it doesn't

Last edited:
I'm only getting ORAS next week, so if someone can satisfy my curiosity :

-What type and BP does Weather Ball have under the 3 new weathers?

I'm posting it in the Uber board because the abilities are, well, Uber only.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm only getting ORAS next week, so if someone can satisfy my curiosity :

-What type and BP does Weather Ball have under the 3 new weathers?

I'm posting it in the Uber board because the abilities are, well, Uber only.
I don't think anyone knows yet, I will be sure to test it when I get my hands on the game though. You can always ask in this thread though: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-general-discussion-mark-2-spoilers-inside.3514952/page-212

There are alot of people who already own the game that post and view this who would be willing to test it.

Also paging Jibaku to see what he knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)