Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can non-Dragon Arceus use Draco Meteor? It can only learn it when holding a Dragon-type Plate, and I was wondering if a Rotom situation occurs if you change the plate (ie it forgets the move when it changes form).

Can non-Dragon Arceus use Draco Meteor? It can only learn it when holding a Dragon-type Plate, and I was wondering if a Rotom situation occurs if you change the plate (ie it forgets the move when it changes form).
It can use it without the Dragon Plate, similar to Shaymin with Air Slash or Deoxys with E-Speed..

I don't know much about Ubers at all, but I know Chansey is outclassed by Blissey in this tier. However, I never really understood why. In OU it's the other way around, interestingly. Why is it different in Ubers? Sorry for the noob question.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
it is so because Shadow Tag was at large, and while chansey needs eviolite to out-bulk blissey, blissey can hold shed shell to get away from trappers.

In ORAS, what's the best use of the fourth move slot for offensive Life Orb Yveltal? At the moment, I run Dark Pulse/Oblivion Wing/Sucker Punch/Foul Play. Foul Play is useful for thwacking physical setup sweepers if they get greedy and does more damage than any other attack against Ho-oh, but I'm also considering Taunt for generally trolling Lugia (which my team is otherwise quite weak to), Heat Wave for Keys, U-Turn for general utility and switch initiative and Roost for general healing against opponents that oblivion Wing isn't ueful against. Any pointers?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
If your team is weak to Lugia, Taunt should be the best way to go. Heat Wave is cool if you are dependent on scarf or Geomancy Xerneas because of the way Yveltal messes up Primal Groudon and Klefki, but in your situation, I would still use Taunt.

Thanks.

Second question: is there any good set Soul Dew Latias can run on cartridge, if it's caught in 6th gen (i.e. no defog) where it's not just outclassed by Latios?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks.

Second question: is there any good set Soul Dew Latias can run on cartridge, if it's caught in 6th gen (i.e. no defog) where it's not just outclassed by Latios?
Roost, Healing Wish / Calm Mind, Draco, and Psyshock. Healing Wish is unique to Latias but the extra bulk makes CM not totally outclassed by Latios.

Thanks. I assume Latios is better at just running 4 attacks than for CM/Recover, then? (There aren't analyses up for the Soul Dew Latis yet so I honestly have no clue how they're typically used, so a primer on the main uses and differences would be handy. Sorry for the question spam.)

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks. I assume Latios is better at just running 4 attacks than for CM/Recover, then? (There aren't analyses up for the Soul Dew Latis yet so I honestly have no clue how they're typically used, so a primer on the main uses and differences would be handy. Sorry for the question spam.)
You can see preliminary sets (which tend to be quite close to the finalized ones) in the analyses as they're being worked on here. Using four attacking moves is rarely advisable, since the fourth move rarely provides significant additional coverage; Recover/Roost or a utility move like Defog, Healing Wish or Memento are generally always better options. Both Latios and Latias can run quite similar sets very effectively; just examine the overall dynamics of your team, and use Latias if it does not lean very offensively and Latios if it does. The less offensive pressure you exert, the more often you will make defensive switches and the more Latias' added bulk will gain value.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
If I would make a thread in the RMT forum concerning the Anything Goes tier, do I put in in the Uber category or in the Other Metagames category? And if the answer is Ubers, do I give it an [ORAS Ubers] tag or an [Other] tag?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I would give it an "other" tag for now since ag is entirely separate from Ubers right now.

Can Mold Breaker and other identical abilities such as Turboblaze break through Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, and Delta Wind? Like could a pokemon with Mold Breaker attack Primal Groudon with water attacks?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Can Mold Breaker and other identical abilities such as Turboblaze break through Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, and Delta Wind? Like could a pokemon with Mold Breaker attack Primal Groudon with water attacks?
No, sadly not :(

But, Cloud Nine and Air Lock can :D

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
all hail psyduck!!
what's the popular mixquaza set atm? or a set which isn't popular but you think of it as a good one? slashes are appreciated ty

yohoE

all hail psyduck!!
what's the popular mixquaza set atm? or a set which isn't popular but you think of it as a good one? slashes are appreciated ty
Draco Meteor/Surf(lol)
Dragon Ascent
Earthquake/V-Create
Extreme Speed

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Draco Meteor/Surf(lol)
Dragon Ascent
Earthquake/V-Create
Extreme Speed
spread same as classic mixquaza? and honestly surf is what i was looking for, can ray be relied to run surf and still be good?
also is gira/o target of draco?

yohoE

spread same as classic mixquaza? and honestly surf is what i was looking for, can ray be relied to run surf and still be good?
also is gira/o target of draco?
surf is kinda gimmicky since pdon isn't going to be staying in on you anyways, and yeah gira-o is a target of dm

So.. I was looking for a better thread to ask (couldn't find a current tier-list discussion thread for public usage.)

Why is Deoxys in any form still Uber? Is there a set for Vanilla or D that I'm overlooking? Is S or A really so good that it dominates usage in spite of the game being packed full of hazards and bulky sets with priority moves? Given how diverse the OU meta has been since XY, it baffles me that Deoxys is a threat to it's balance in GenVI- because even the best lead or sweeping sets are too glass or too dead-in-the-water to last long in Ubers, and conceivably in OU as well- and if one form is too good, it isn't like Deoxys hasn't been split over Uber and OU before. More than anything though, I want to know what I'm really not seeing- because it's probably big and dumb and obvious, but in the current game, it's hard to conceive Deoxys outclassing anything enough to pinch the usage meta. Is it just because the actual ubers meta is relatively-speaking new on the radar as it's own thing?

yohoE

So.. I was looking for a better thread to ask (couldn't find a current tier-list discussion thread for public usage.)

Why is Deoxys in any form still Uber? Is there a set for Vanilla or D that I'm overlooking? Is S or A really so good that it dominates usage in spite of the game being packed full of hazards and bulky sets with priority moves? Given how diverse the OU meta has been since XY, it baffles me that Deoxys is a threat to it's balance in GenVI- because even the best lead or sweeping sets are too glass or too dead-in-the-water to last long in Ubers, and conceivably in OU as well- and if one form is too good, it isn't like Deoxys hasn't been split over Uber and OU before. More than anything though, I want to know what I'm really not seeing- because it's probably big and dumb and obvious, but in the current game, it's hard to conceive Deoxys outclassing anything enough to pinch the usage meta. Is it just because the actual ubers meta is relatively-speaking new on the radar as it's own thing?
Deo-A and Deo-N would both completely destroy OU, as they are too strong and too fast.

Regarding Deo-S and Deo-D, they were both OU for quite some time during XY, but they were eventually banned back to Ubers.

yohoE

What is the preferred EV spread for GeoXern in the current meta?
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You only need 24 Def for the SpA Download boost because equal stats gives SpA, but IMO Xern should run mostly Defense to take physical hits a lot better and make it harder to be revenge killed anyway.

Can someone with the cartridge test how Delta Stream works in an Inverse Battle? Which of the following is the correct interaction?

1. Halves the damage taken from the new weaknesses (Fighting, Bug, Grass, Ground)
2. Halves damage from Electric, Ice, and Rock attacks. So 1/2x, 1/8x, and 1/4x of normal damage for Dragon/Flying under inverse conditions.
3. Sets Electric, Ice, and Rock to neutral damage for Flying-types. So 2x, 1/2x, and 1x of normal damage for Dragon/Flying, turning the ability into a net nerf in inverse battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)