Since the RMT Kids have got a problem with this;

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i'd post this here.
As all of my teams have had Bronzong weak, i've decided to post a Syclant/Trapping RMT here. This is one of my first seriousness team (Meaning teams i've put more than 5 minutes into making), and without further ado i would like to present:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_mRmQByKo&feature=related Azelf's name fits the team better IHMO.

FUCK THE SYSTEM

SLOW! (Azelf) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 HP/222 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Thanks to Ghandi for the EV's and FT.

Anti-lead. Gets what it needs to, U-Turns to what it dosen't. Shadow ball for gengar, T-Bolt for Gyara, Psychic for stab. Dosen't OHKO most of the standard leads with Stab, but that's why U-Turn's there. For Bronzong, that motherfucking son of a bell, i U-turn to the following...

SHAME! (Magnezone) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP/84 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Substitute

Thanks to Darkie for the EV fix.

Haha. Magnet rise beats bronzong and i have a hunch (Haven't checked) it may beat minimum speed Metagross ._.

HP grass for Swampert, Substitute for anything else really. Not liking Sub and Lum berry, but there's really no other movepool options. Lum berry is for U-turning into the Hypnosis.

BIT, BIT, BITCH! (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/116 Def/140 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Charge Beam

Multi-purpose wall. Toxic because it's awesome, psychic for Infernape. Not sure about Moonlight/CB, would like to put Restalk but that means i'm useless against a Steel/Dark (lol). Open for suggestions here, just dont get rid of it.

THE PACK! (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Need more rocks. Gets rid of rocks.

WAR! (Syclant) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mountaineer
EVs: 200 Atk/252 Spd/56 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Bug Buzz
- Earth Power
- Brick Break
- Ice Beam

ohalo der heatran. Whats that? You have a scarf? well that's nice. I'll just go Outspeed you by 1 POINT then OHKO you. Thanks for your time.

Reason for no Tail glow is because there's simply not enough time to get if off.

FUCK THE SYSTEM! (Weavile) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Night Slash
- Pursuit/Ice punch

ohalo der garchomp. What's that? you've got +6 attack and +6 speed? wow, thats good. I'll just OHKO you with mah Shard of doom.

Running pursuit atm, wanting to put IP on there but just seeing no reason.

I'll post a threat list if people don't see any immediate weaknesses. Btw, hope this is in the right place because last guy who posted a Syclant RMT over at that forum (Points to RMT forum with Haunted House and Swinging Blades) went in there and came out as dog food.

I know it rarer starter now but doesn't weavile own Azleaf as a starter ,basically if you play against weavile starter it is a 5-6 right of the bat.

I know that i have Weavile weak (13th ranked lead) but i can't think of a better anti lead. Suggestions Highly appreaciated.

Get your asses on here now so i can test it! D=

Actually with the right EV spread and Nature Azelf can take out Weaville leads.

Flamethrower/HP Fighting is a necessity, and would provide better attacking options than fighting but I guess you want the STAB.

Maybe, run Naive instead to allow it to take the Physical hits off Weaville instead?

Would most people pursuit or if faster (Scarf, Jolly) Would they N-Slash? also, how much EV investment would be needed to survive CB Pursuit?

By happy coincidence, 36 HP EVs guarantees Azelf will survive a Choice Band Pursuit from Jolly Weavile, assuming it doesn't switch out, of course.
Straight from the Analysis, however you must have a neutral defense nature so I'd opt for either Timid/Naive.

Right. What would i be taking the EV's outta, and what would i be putting FT/HP fight over? =\

I suggest taking out Psychic for either.

Azelf's EV spread is normally 36 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 220 Speed, as it only needs that to outrun a Gengar IIRC, However i recommend if you are giving it HP Fighting to give it 224 speed and 248 Sp. Atl

Magnezone only needs 84 speed ev's to beat no speed metagross. Use the analysis spread of 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe.

I've given my Cresselia HP Fire so it can take care of Bronzong... and Jirachi, and sometimes Metagross and other Steels not named Heatran. Might be a crazy idea, but it's there

If you had read the opening Paragraph this team has no Bronzong weak. Jirachi is fucked up by Azelf, or stalled out by cresselia. Charge beam ftw.

i cant help but notice a ginormous fucking fire weak team. 4 weaks, no resists. if you cresselia gets taken out, any fast pogey with flamethrower will eat this team for breakfast. i dont really see why you need forry, tbh. since syclant has mountaneer, the only SR weak is weavile so you could probably replace him with a spinner who doesnt have a resists to fire, maybe starmie or tenta.

I could chuck Heatran in there somewhere, but as a result i'd lose all dragon killing capacity. Find something that can be replaced for it; can't take out Magnezone though.

EDIT: FUCKING HUGE GYARA WEAK. Need a counter that can take it out after fucking 3 DD's or so.

Well i can't switch anything in on gyara except cress; Charge beam's a 3-2ko and half the time it misses =S

Well i can't switch anything in on gyara except cress; Charge beam's a 3-2ko and half the time it misses =S
What about Uxie for Forretress? Can SR and has Thunderbolt for Gyara, as well as levitate to switch on a EQ. You're doubling the levitating psychics, though.

Cressilia with Charge Beam should be just fine against Gyarados as Charge Beam, relatively accurate with 90%, is a 2hko with the SpA boost and a 3hko without it. If your that worried about Gyarados, you could replace Rest for Zap Cannon on Forretress.

What about Uxie for Forretress? Can SR and has Thunderbolt for Gyara, as well as levitate to switch on a EQ. You're doubling the levitating psychics, though.
Fortress serves as a Garchomp "Counter". Using Cress and Forry i can wall garchomp almost Completly. Uxie would be good; not sure how it can stand up to Garchomp outrages though.

Cressilia with Charge Beam should be just fine against Gyarados as Charge Beam, relatively accurate with 90%, is a 2hko with the SpA boost and a 3hko without it. If your that worried about Gyarados, you could replace Rest for Zap Cannon on Forretress.
Thanks for calcs.

how the fuck is forry even close to a garchomp counter

THE Damage formula:
Damage = (42 * AttackStat * AttackPower / DefenseStat / 50 + 2) * STAB * Weakness/Resistance

Assuming that Garchomp has Adamant and Forry has Impish, with full IVs, but no EVs, Garchomp has 394 Attack and Forry has 416 Defence. Outrage has 120 power and is Dragon-type, which gets STAB, but is resisted by Steel

=(42 x 394 x 120 / 416 / 50 + 2) x 1.5 x 0.5
=(1985760 / 20800 + 2) x 0.75
=97.469230769230769230769230769231 x 0.75
=73.101923076923076923076923076923
~73 Damage

Forry should have 354HP assuming he has full IVs in HP, so its a 5HKO

Don't ask about the huge decimal place values

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Psst. Garchompz tend to carry moves like Fire Fang and Fire Blast. Things Forretress has nightmares about.

Psst. Garchompz tend to carry moves like Fire Fang and Fire Blast. Things Forretress has nightmares about.
Great, I'll have to calculate those too

Damage = (42 * AttackStat * AttackPower / DefenseStat / 50 + 2) * STAB * Weakness/Resistance

Modest Garchomp w/ Fire Blast vs. Careful Forretress (if you have to ask why, this is allowing for MAX power and MAX defence)

=(42 x 284 x 120 / 240 / 50 + 2) x 4
=(1431360 / 12000 + 2) x 4
=(119.28 + 2) x 4
=121.28 x 4
=485.12
~485

Forry is screwed in this department, I'll admit that, BUT...

Adamant Garchomp w/ Fire Fang vs. Impish Forretress

=(42 x 394 x 65 / 416 / 50 + 2) x 4
=(1075620 / 20800 + 2) x 4
=(51.75576923 + 2) x 4
=
53.75576923 x 4
=215.0230769
~215

^Proof that Forry can survive A Fire Fang. Still better off to run though...

I think the point of Forretress, when used as a Garchomp counter, is to come in after it began an Outrage, and explode. Otherwise he'll just get himself killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)