(Singles) The Next Best Thing [Current Subject: Heatran] ~ NOMINATIONS ~

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hulavuta wins! he will be logged in the archive.

Next subject is:

OR

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Swagger
- Substitute

Just a full on hax set :^) You know what it does. Twave slows the opponent down while also having a chance to full para them. Swagger is swagger, gives them less of a chance to move and there's a chance for them to get good chip damage on themselves. Rock slide is the icing on the cake with the 30% chance to flinch, making it extremely difficult for them to break through. Substitute takes advantage of the parafusion which could potentially give you a free turn to sub. And this strat is a lot better once you manage to get behind a sub.

EVs were max HP of course, then I just put enough speed to creep things creeping rotoms and the rest went into attack.

Whoo! T-Tar n_n

Mega Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Nature: Adamant
- Rock Polish
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Ice Punch

So yeah, I came up with this set. Before you say anything about how "D-DANCE IS BETTER" or w/e, I would like to point out 265(its speed stat w/ jolly) * 1.5 is what, 397-398 speed. That's still not enough to outspeed things like Mega Lopunny, anything with more than 400 speed. So with Rock Polish, and Adamant Nature, it goes above and beyond this and reaches 482 speed. This is enough to practically outspeed the entire tier. Also, even if it doesn't hit as hard as D-Dance, it's got a 164 base attack stat, which is insane. Then, here comes the moves:
Crunch
Yeah, this move's a great, accurate, reliable STAB move which hits hard with T-Tar's amazing attack stat.
Stone Edge
Stone Edge. The move that hits hard but never hits for me.. but if it ever does.. it'll rek shop. :>
(I would personally run Superpower over Ice Punch cause after a rock polish, you can rek mega gyarados ( 252+ Atk Mega Tyranitar Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 316-374 (95.4 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO ) and Mega Lopunny ( 252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 616-732 (180.6 - 214.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO. )
Although, you could run Ice Punch for Lando, ensured kill on megamence, etc.

Ares

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm not voting for that aids garbage pos set that NOVED posted, you should be ashamed of yourself >:|

Namdachu

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah gees I forgot to post my Sub+Special attacking Tar set... I need to not wait until the last minute

Anyway, Namdachu coz gotta go fast

NOVED
Swagger is really cool move in battle spot, I don't think it would work for ttar but swagger is swagger, it's all the same

I vote for the hax god cause he is the best NOVED's T-tar set. Cool and unique idea for a T-tar to be using, didn't know it could learn T-Wave in the first place.

You guys didn't see my last post. n_n

Not many spikes eh, Game Freak? ;]
Mega Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Fire Blast

So yeah, thanks to cant say (<3 ya for pointing my mistake out) I gotta redo the set. So yeah, might as well go with a legit one that does tons of damage n_n Mixmence w/ Double Edge tho. Double Edge, doing a base damage of 120 hurts quite a bit already due to Megamence's great attack stat. Then it does more due to Dragon Dance + Aerilate. Roost to keep healthy as Double Edge will most likely give you tons of recoil (it's usually worth it) Finally, a Fire Blast to get rid of pesky mons easier, like Skarmory or w/e n_n

So yeah. This is my new set n_n

Last edited:
@ Salamenceite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake/Roost

Introducing SubDD MegaMence. Ive had quite a lot of success with this guy myself. So why Sub? Well for starters, MegaMence is a big STATUS ME sign, and sub can prevent WOWs and random Twaves from happening. It also helps scout for Ice Beams and HP Ices on pokes that can carry them but dont always. Adamant is chosen for Maximum power, along with max attack EVS. The speed EVs can be moved to HP, but speed is better since you only need to setup 1 DD to get going. Return since its reliable, Facade isn't needed since Sub blocks status, and Double-Edge + Sub means you get worn down 2 fast. EQ is preffered in the last slot for near perfect coverage with Return, but Roost is nice so that you can make more Subs.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whoo! More of my fav. Mega Mons <3

Mega Salamence@ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Def / 44 SpA / 212 Spe
IVs: 0 ATK
Nature: Bold
- Return
- Fire Blast / Heat Wave / Flamethrower
- Roost
- Wish

Yeah.. I love this set <3 So yeah, the 252 EVs in Defense makes it incredibly bulky, living ice punch from Adamant Mega T-Tar and such, even though it can't do anything back -_- But still, I love this set anyways. 212 speed EVs are to outspeed any base 100s w/ max speed, such as mega zard, medicham, etc. Then, I dumped the rest of the EVs into SpA, to maximise potential damage. Return for STAB+Aerilate+ 145 Base Attack stat, which hits hard. Fire Blast to hit steel types, like skarm, ferro, etc. Heat Wave is if you're in doubles n_n Finally, Flamethrower is if you wanna be accurate (the power drop will be noticeable.) Roost is to keep yourself healthy for a long time. Aaand Wish is to help support your team mates and even itself as well. :P This mixed set does incredibly well, performing a lot of roles: Wallbreaking due to it's mixed set and it has roost to keep it alive, combined with it's high defense, making it somewhat of a wall and a tank. And it has wish to act as a cleric to your team n_n

So yeah, nice and WishRoost Mixed Megamence, King Of Past OU n_n
This set isn't even legal. Wish was a past-gen (3 iirc) event move, so this moveset can only be used in XY Battle Spot where they allow transfers, except there's no Salamencite there!

It's also weird that you've gone with Bold (and 0 attack) + Return instead of Hyper Voice...

I kinda wanna nominate some silly Rest+Snore set but I also want to win so I'll be back

Ares

I kinda wanna nominate some silly Rest+Snore set but I also want to win so I'll be back
... I need to not wait until the last minute
I want to nominate a set myself but I'm having trouble deciding on what the exact set would be. Most of my ideas a terribly gimmicky.. I'll be back
You'll be back after its time to vote saying how you should of posted earlier most likely :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)