Six Finger Death Punch - A UU-tier RMT

Okay guys, this is my current UU team for the UU (beta) tier, which will undoubtedly change in the coming months. My first thought was that I wanted to build a successful hyper-offensive team, as this generation has become much more about speed than the bulky offense that was so important last gen, and all of my teams last gen - in every tier - were either bulky offense or semi-stall. Then I decided I wanted to build my team around being able to switch into many of the most common and powerful threats easily, despite having overall very little bulk.

Oh, and before we get started, moves in italics are ones I am considering but do not currently use. I would appreciate your opinions on these specifically as well as my team in general.

Keldeo @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind / HP Ghost
- Substitute / HP Ghost

The first Pokemon I picked was Keldeo, which can power through most special and physical walls in UU - as well as most offensive pokemon - with its dual STABs alone; Florges and Latias are the most notable exceptions. It is one of the few Pokemon that resists Bisharp's Dual STABs and can severely harm most switch-ins, and has good natural bulk without investment to take most neutral and resisted hits. It's an all-round great special attacker and it gets key resistances to water, dark, steel, rock and ice. Now if only it got Ice Beam...

The nature and EV spread are self explanatory for maximum speed and power at the cost of bulk. Hydro Pump is the primary STAB and hits even some resists hard; everything in UU with a weakness to water is instantly drowned provided Keldeo packs a Life Orb. It also does massive damage to physical walls and tanks like Cofagrigus, Metagross and Bronzong. Secret Sword hits special walls like Snorlax and Chansey for massive damage and is a reliable secondary STAB to use if Hydro Pump's shaky accuracy seems too risky.
Icy Wind is the third move and is good for slowing down switch-ins as well as hitting Grass and Dragon types who resist Secret Sword for decent damage, such as Roserade and Latias who can be a problem for my team with their natural speed, achieving a 3HKO on offensive variants of both most of the time (though admittedly I probably wouldn't want to stay in on either of them usually). Substitute is used currently to scout for things like Mega Evolutions and coverage moves; I am considering HP Ghost though as LO and Sub together take their toll pretty quickly; it also hits Jellicent hard, who resists all Keldeo's current moves and walls half my team. Another option is to change to Leftovers to use in combo with Sub, healing off the residual damage, though the lack of LO power would hurt my chances against bulkier switch-ins and walls as Keldeo is meant to be Hyper Offensive. If HP Ghost were to replace Icy Wind I would lose coverage against most Grass types but still hit Jellicent and Latias fairly hard.

Scolipede @ Air Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake / Superpower
- Rock Slide / Aqua Tail / Poison Jab

Scolipede with Speed Boost is downright terrifying in UU and is a monster sweeper after a single turn of setup. First of, Air Balloon allows setup on several key threats locked into Earthquake or packing only that one attack, including Choiced Diggersby and Dugtrio and mono-attacking Gliscor. The EV distribution is quite important; provided that SR is off the field, 96 EVs in HP guarantees that Scolipede will survive a Sucker Punch from Life Orb Bisharp and after one switch in to Rocks it will always survive Focus Sash Dugtrio's Stone Edge, and also has over a 50% chance to survive a Banded Extremespeed from Arcanine even after 2 switches into Stealth Rock; there are other moves it can help Scolipede survive as well. Here are some calcs:
Damage Calcs said:
252 Atk Dugtrio Stone Edge vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Scolipede: 174-206 (61 - 72.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rocks
252+ Atk Druddigon Sucker Punch vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Scolipede: 100-118 (35 - 41.4%) -- 68.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rocks
252+ Atk Life Orb Arcanine Extreme Speed vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Scolipede: 122-144 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rocks
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 96 HP / 0 Def Scolipede: 242-286 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Noivern Dragon Pulse vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Scolipede: 231-273 (81 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Attack EVs are obviously for maximum power, while the given Speed EVs and nature just outspeed positive natured base 100's before Speed Boost kicks in, letting it Swords Dance on the switch-in and outspeed everything up to Choice Scarfed Victini, one of the biggest threats in UU.
Swords Dance is obviously for the much needed sweeping potential it provides; very few Pokemon in UU are not OHKOed by one of Scoliepde's moves after a Swords Dance, hence why Life Orb is generally not needed. Megahorn is a very powerful STAB - with iffy accuracy, mind - that will decimate teams not packing bulky resists. Earthquake annihilates every Fire and Steel types in UU that resists Bug; even factoring in Arcanine's Intimidate, an SD-boosted Earthquake will rip it to shreds, while a +2 EQ OHKOes most Metagross (who is also hit hard by Megahorn) and all Bisharp, Darmanitan and Victini; it also deals good damage to Rhyperior, although it won't come close to an OHKO so I don't set up unless the opponent's Rhyperior has taken a lot of previous damage. Superpower provides similar and stronger coverage on Steel and Rock type, but it doesn't hit Metagross supereffectively and lowers attack and speed after use which can hinder a sweep; however it OHKOes Eviolite Porygon2 which can be a very important skill. Rock Slide destroys basically every flying type in UU, OHKOing Moltres, Noivern and offensive Zapdos after a boost; it also hits fire types pretty hard if I decide to opt for Superpower over Earthquake. Poison Jab could be used as reliable secondary STAB and to hit Fairy types supereffectively, or Aqua Tail to vaporise Rhyperior and easily 2HKO Gliscor and Eviolite Gligar, though these are rather specific threats and Rock Slide provides better overall coverage.

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Quick Attack
- U-turn

"Diggersbytho!" said shofu one time, and the interwebs rejoiced. The infamous Choice Scarf Diggersby is in insane threat that, in my opinion, completely outclasses Medicham (despite the latter's access to a Mega Form). An attack stat approximately comparable to Mewtwo's Special Attack being available to a Pokemon in the UU tier that has perfect coverage and brutally powerful STAB moves is incredible. Adamant Nature is given for maximum damage output; even with a neutral speed nature, Scarf Diggersby outspeeds everything up to and including Noivern in UU (out of everything available in the tier only Weavile, Crobat, Electrode, Accelgor and Ninjask naturally outspeed, and only two of them actually directly threaten the bunny).
Return and EQ are the obvious dual STABs and Stone Edge provides the all-important coverage against the bulkier Flying types and certain Levitating Pokemon; notably it easily OHKOes Zapdos regardless of whether it has taken Stealth Rock damage, and is Diggersby's only effective option to take down Archeops, Rotom and Mismagius, although generally the STABs alone will work wonders. Air Balloon Fire types are another threat Diggersby can take down with it if necessary, though again that is rather situational. Quick Attack is an option to take down weakened Weavile and Crobat but the situation rarely arises and generally Diggersby will not need the extra speed. U-Turn is vital for scouting, and allows Diggersby to test the waters for dangerous checks and provide momentum; it is also useful for escaping from Bronzong and Gligar, whom Diggersby cannot touch.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge / Protect / Stealth Rock

Cobalion stands as easily the best counter to Bisharp in the game; not only does it have great natural physical bulk and a resistance to both STABs, but also gets an attack boost when hit by Knock Off or Sucker Punch! After a Swords Dance, the musketeer leader can use its great speed and decent coverage to clean up late game while being a fantastic counter to most Dark, Rock and Fairy-type Pokemon. It's fully offensively built in regards to nature and EV spread, however Leftovers are given as Cobalion has important utility with its natural bulk and oodles of resistances so it would be nice to give it some longevity, and Cobalion is meant to clean up weakened teams rather than break powerful walls so a power boosting item is not necessary.
Iron Head and Close Combat are great complementary STABs; no one typing resists both and they cover each others resistances fairly well, Iron Head hitting Flying, Fairy and Ghost types hard (notably vaporising the irritating Florges) and potentially flinching annoying bulky Pokemon like Cofagrigus should the need arise, and Close Combat hitting Steel, Water, Electric and some Fire types hard. Stone Edge is my current last move as at +2 it can OHKO Xatu, Chandelure, Moltres, Darmanitan, offensive Rotom, and in a pinch can take down weakened Jellicent; Protect could be used for extra Lefties healing and move scouting, or SR for entry hazard support which could net some crucial KOes (such as guaranteeing the OHKO on max-HP Kyurem-B with Scolipede's Superpower), though I personally think the Stone Edge coverage is necessary for Cobalion to work effectively.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

The classic anti-hyper offense Pokemon, Trick Room Reuniclus can devastate U with its massive power. with 0 speed IVs and a negative nature only Escavalier and priority users can acrually outspeed it in a Trick Room, allowing Reuni to simply blow through opposing sweepers with its powerful perfect coverage. Magic Guard + Life Orb provides a recoil-free 30% power boost, allowing Reuniclus to perform such feats as 2HKOing most Dragonite and all Florges with Psyshock and 2HKOing Cofagrigus with Shadow Ball. Speaking of these moves, Psyshock is the generic STAB move that also allows Reuniclus to blast through special walls, though Chansey is an issue, while Shadow Ball blasts through opposing Psychic types and deal SE damage to Ghosts, OHKOing or 2HKOing all except Dusclops (who can't do anything back except a pathetic Seismic Toss / Night Shade); it also rips Metagross and Bronzong apart and hits Latias, Slowbro and Jellicent hard. Focus Blast gives perfect coverage by smacking Dark types hard and Steel types supereffectively; it easily OHKOes Absol and Bisharp on the switch (though Reuniclus cannot survive their Life Orb / Mega Evolution Sucker Punches) and blows apart most of the physical wall who can tank Psyshock easily such as Rhyperior, Steelix and (Mega) Aggron.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Bisharp has been massively improved this generation with buffs to both the Dark and Steel types overall; the Dark typings also allows Bisharp to continue to resist Dark and Ghost despite Steel losing those resistances, so Bisharp has only improved this generation. Max speed and attack are given for sweeping, along with a Life Orb for extra power, as this Bisharp is not packing Swords Dance.
Knock Off is an extraordinarily powerful move this generation; factoring STAB, if the opposing pokemon is holding an item, Knock Off has 146 base power! In addition, removing an opposing Pokemon's leftovers, Life Orb, or choice item can easily hinder their plans and so this powerful attack doubles as a great utility move. Sucker Punch is another Dark move which is more powerful than Knock Off once the opponent's item is gone, and Bisharp's STAB Sucker Punch is one of the most powerful priority moves in the game - stronger even than Arceus' STAB Extremespeed! Knock Off and Sucker Punch together also creates mind games with faster opponents, forcing them to either use a non-attacking move and risk losing their item, or attack and risk eating a powerful Sucker Punch. Iron Head is jsut as powerful as SP (though not priority), and OHKOes basically every Fairy type in the game while also dealing heavy damage to most Fighting types on the switch; it can also flinch slower foes which can come in very handy in a pinch but shouldn't be relied on. Finally, Brick Break vaporises opposing Bisharp while OHKOing non-mega Aggron and doing decent damage to Cobalion on the switch, but doesn't have massive utility outside of this.

----------

I know there are issues; I need asvice on how to overcome these with competitively relevent Pokemon and without leaving myself open to other ones. Some of the problems I am aware of are:

- If Trick Room is still active when Reuniclus goes kaput, the generally hgih seed of my team could backfire on me (it has done in the past). Bisharp can use it in a pinch since many pokemon are faster than it, but the same can't be said for the other members of the team.
- Due to my team's lack of overall bulk, a powerful priority sweeper such as Conkeldurr or Honchkrow could easily sweep once their checks have been weakened sufficiently (in these cases, Reuniclus and Cobalion respectively).
- I have zero resistances to Ground aside from the Air Balloon on Scolipede, which makes opposing Diggersby and Dugtrio exceedingly dangerous should the Air Balloon get popped prematurely.
- There's a distinct lack of power (for a Hyper-offensive team) on certain members of my team (Cobalion and Keldeo spring to mind) due to the general lack of either attacking stats or boosting moves; as such, certain walls such as Slowbro and Cofagrigus easily slow my team down, particularly as in each case I usually only have one or two good answer to those Pokemon.
- I have too many physical attackers (and in Reuniclus and Keldeo's case, hit opponents for physical damage), lending me to be stopped cold by physical walls too often; this also means I am easily stopped by Will-O-Wisp users, especially Sableye.

All advice would be appreciated!

*Also, Diggersby and Scolipede are the only Pokemon I refuse to remove from my team (though I may change their movesets if necessary); their utlity and power are so enormous that they are almost always my MVPs and are usually the key Pokemon in my successes in UU. The other four are completely interchangeable though.

Last edited:
You might want to rethink hidden power on keldeo because of the nerf on hidden power in in gen 6
Quick attack on Diggersby is very good to guarantee out speeding your foe if they survive with a sash or sturdy, but edgequake coverage is like no other, so it depends on your reference.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uhh hi, just happened to be browsing the forums and bumped into this, but this forum is mainly for 5th Gen RMTs rather than 6th Gen ones. This is probably what you're looking for.

e: While I'm here though I might as well make some suggestions. You're really weak to a lot of faster Scarfers like Staraptor and Darmanitan, as they can outspeed and 2HKO almost your entire team. I would use Scarf Keldeo which at least allows you to keep them in check, even moreso with Darmanitan as you can switch in to any one attack and OHKO in return. From there you might also want to try out LO SD Diggersby because your need for a Scarfer is alleviated, and with LO Diggersby's Quick Attack is a lot stronger which still allows you to still function as a decent revenge killer. The Diggersby thing is kind of optional, though.

For Scolipede I would probably use something like SD / Megahorn / Baton Pass / and a filler, probably Substitute or Protect, and make the item either Black Sludge or Focus Sash (Sludge if running Sub and Sash if Protect). Scolipede is, imo, better played as more of a *supporting* sweeper rather than just a plain one simply because Scolipede itself is not that hard to wall and passing Speed or Attack boosts to like Bisharp or Diggersby is really useful. Air Balloon isn't really all that great either, as although it does sort of patch up a massive Ground weakness your team has right now it's not nearly reliable enough and the items I listed are more consistently useful.

Speaking of which, like I said you're really weak to Ground, and you're also in need of a Stealth Rocker as well. Using support Celebi over Reuniclus is be the best solution I can think of right now to at least keep those problems in check, though keep in mind it's not a perfect solution as Diggersby and Nidoking, some of the two most common Ground-types, can whack you pretty hard with their coverage moves, so you still have to play smart around them. Luckily though, the rest of your team should be able to apply offensive pressure to the point where they can't get too many kills.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Surf

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Scolipede @ Black Sludge / Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: pretty customizable, keep yours if you want I guess
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Baton Pass
- Substitute / Protect

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: either physically defensive or specially defensive
Bold / Calm Nature (depending)
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain / Psychic
- Recover
- U-turn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)