XY OU SkarmSharp: A pathetic attempt to replace DeoSharp (Peaked 1748)

Hello I'm Nick has aids back with another RMT. I built this team around a cool lead skarm set I heard of and then used bish like the classic team. Just a disclaimer I didn't invent SkarmSharp so please don't think I'm some kind of genius but I did invent this team so lets get on with it.

Proof of Peak: (sorry It wouldn't let me upload it for some reason but it's in the attached files if u really need to see it)
I actually used to be at 1751 but I decayed when I got home from school but watever it's 3 points and honestly I prolly could have got to the 1800s but I'm lazy so yea.

At A Glance

Teambuilding Process
I wanted to create a core similar to the DeoSharp core as 1. Bisharp is very underprepared for and 2. entry hazards is gud.
Since this is a hazard based team why not just go all out and get a spinblocker, Gengar is suprisingly hard to switch into and has amazing neutral and SE coverage with its STAB's.
I needed something that could break down some common defensive cores as well as possibly sweep late game. Lando I was chosen because venutran is just annoying af.
Next I just needed some raw power and sweeping potential. Zard x was chosen because 1. I haven't used it in a while and 2. it's really f*ckin good
Looking at my team I needed more priority and a Keldeo switch (albeit not an ideal one) so I chose Azu also after realizing my team outside of Bisharp gets rocked by scarf Lando T.

DA SQUAD

Skarmory @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird

This is the lead Skarm set that I really like, I did add some modifications to it, it had red card but I put Mental Herb on it to beat the common lead Terrakion and Mew who are both just overall annoyances. Sturdy is guaranteed at the start of the game so it works as a focus sash so i'm guaranteed at least rocks unless magic bounce. Running max speed and HP lets Skarm outspeed most walls and start stacking and can catch some people off guard with its fast Brave Bird. I run Taunt just because it's good for every lead to have and it can prevent opposing Taunts in conjunction with Mental Herb. Rocks and Spikes are for hazard stacking because that is Skarm's main role on the team and Brave Bird is to catch stuff like Breloom and mega Hera off guard.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Bisharp is my main sweeper and is my main defense against Lando T/ Mega Manectric cores. It can take advantage of a defog from various pokes or set up itself with Swords Dance. Life Orb is my personal Item of choice as it allows Bisharp to be strong even without set up and lets it hit over 1000 attack at +2. Defiant is the only ability that's even viable and provides Sharp with a free +2 boost. I go with the standard spread of 252 Atk 252 Spe with an Adamant Nature to make those Sucker Punches hit extra hard, as well as get some other important KO's. I use the Standard SD set of SD SP KO and IH as it has great neutral coverage in OU and only gets hard walled by Keldeo and mega Gyarados.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Gengar is an extremely underrated mon imo. Its neutral STAB coverage is impeccable and with a Life orb it is very hard to switch into. Gengar's main role on my team is spinblocking as well as dishing out some damage on the free switches it recieves. Gengar's stats may not be as impressive as they used to be but it is still very fast and very deadly. It has a great ability in Levitate and it has some fun mindgames with Scarf Drill. I go with the standard 252 SAtk 252 Spe spread to at least tie with the latis and still hit very hard. as for moves Shadow Ball, Sludge Wave, Focus Blast is perfect neutral coverage and very good SE coverage in OU. I use Taunt to screw over Chansey and other special walls that try to switch in and set up rocks. Gengar's fast Taunt is very important as I actually have no hazard removal and a Charizard so it's key to keep rocks off the field as long as possible.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe or 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid / Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ Focus Blast / Rock Slide / Knock Off
- Rock Polish
Landorus I while it has lost some shine since its glory days is still a stall breaking threat to more popular semi stall teams. Life Orb in conjunction with Sheer Force is the best item ability combo as it gets a pseudo Specs boost without being locked into a move. My EV's and nature depend on the set I am running but i will always run max speed and a speed boosting nature.
Earth Power and Psychic are mandatory as I couldn't break VenuTran without them. Rock Polish is the crux of this set and is very threatening to scarfers and generally fast mons that can't handle Lando's power. The last move is a toss up, I've used all 4 at one point and I usually switch them around from time to time along with my EVs.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Literally cookie cutter Zard X. I really believe this is its best overall set and it has won me more games than any other mon my team. This thing is so threatening after its checks have been eliminated and it has absurd bulk for an offensive mon. Tough Claws gives all of its attacks on my set a pseudo Life Orb boost and can really hit hard after just one Dragon Dance boost.
Standard EV's nature and moves not much to say there.

Azumarill @ Choice Band / Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe or 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower / Knock Off
Azumarill is my only Keldeo switch and my only other priority user. I have been bouncing around with the sets on this thing too as I have no choiced mons and Azumarill hits like a nuke with band but I also need it to take hits so Assault Vest is perfectly viable as well. Regardless I'm always gonna have Adamant 252 Atk. On the banded set I run 164 speed to outspeed base 70's with no investment (skarm) and put the rest into HP for decent mixed bulk. I use Superpower as it will OHKO most Ferro sets on the switch. On the Assault vest set I run 240 SDef so that I have almost 400 SDef with the Assault Vest. This allows me to better combat the big threats to my team such as Thundurus, Greninja, and Keldeo. I like to run Knock Off on this set as Superpower won't one shot Ferro anyway. The rest of the moves are pretty standard as Aqua Jet, Play Rough, and Waterfall are all mandatory.

This team is very good imo but it has to be played correctly in order to win. That being said it is very fun to play and please feel free to play with it whenever you please.

IMPORTABLE
Skarmory @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Brave Bird

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower

Attachments

Last edited:
Reserved for Threat List, The peaks are in the attached files if u really wanna see them

Huge Threat to my team I usually either have to let my zard get paralyzed or wittle it down to the point where aqua jet or sucker punch can kill. AV azu can beat it 1v1 but I usually run band if lando can get a rock polish up I can crush it. thankfully if I can keep rocks up it won't stay around for too long.

Scarf varients aren't really that big of a deal as i have switch ins for its individual moves but sub sets are extremely annoying. Gengar can one shot it with Focus Blast if it's a LO Roost set. Again it will get worn down by Rocks and my team is designed to keep rocks on the field.

This is probably the overall biggest threat to my team it initially resists both of my priority moves and it has the coverage to blow through my team. If I get boosts set up on any of my set up sweepers it is as good as dead but before that it is so annoying. It will get worn down quickly however by hazards and LO.

Last edited:
thundurus, kyub kinda wrecks ur team... and i kinda think using skarm as a pivot getting in spikes+sr throughout the game is bttr than just setting up at the beginning. Plus most leads *cough garchomp terrakion cough* can outspeed skarm and either set up a taunt/kill b4 spikes, so realy ur getting one hazard in b4 it dies. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Seeing as I either hit you or this team on the ladder once and hazardstack.jpg is my jam, I figured that I'd rate the team. It looks good now but there are just a few preference changes that I'd make.

Assault Vest + Pursuit > LO + SD on Bisharp. You may be thinking, "Geo, are you actually an idiot? Why AV?" The reason that I would replace your current spread for AV Bish is because Latios has a field day with your team if it wins a speed tie, and can actually weaken azu if that's your second switch with Psyshock. Bisharp can actually tank an HP Fire which can help to keep hazards on the field.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 229-270 (84.1 - 99.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 153-182 (56.2 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Really that's all that I have. This is a pretty good team and one that I will use for sure in the future, possibly in a live or something. Other than that, #FreeCustap for skarm lol

thundurus, kyub kinda wrecks ur team... and i kinda think using skarm as a pivot getting in spikes+sr throughout the game is bttr than just setting up at the beginning. Plus most leads *cough garchomp terrakion cough* can outspeed skarm and either set up a taunt/kill b4 spikes, so realy ur getting one hazard in b4 it dies. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply Fads and you're correct in saying thundy and kyruem wreck my team but I have mental herb on skarm for that exact scenario with terrak and yea i do get bodied by fire blast chomp but hey you can't beat em all. And I usually do end up saving it for the midgame.

Seeing as I either hit you or this team on the ladder once and hazardstack.jpg is my jam, I figured that I'd rate the team. It looks good now but there are just a few preference changes that I'd make.

Assault Vest + Pursuit > LO + SD on Bisharp. You may be thinking, "Geo, are you actually an idiot? Why AV?" The reason that I would replace your current spread for AV Bish is because Latios has a field day with your team if it wins a speed tie, and can actually weaken azu if that's your second switch with Psyshock. Bisharp can actually tank an HP Fire which can help to keep hazards on the field.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 229-270 (84.1 - 99.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

vs

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 153-182 (56.2 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Really that's all that I have. This is a pretty good team and one that I will use for sure in the future, possibly in a live or something. Other than that, #FreeCustap for skarm lol
Thanks for the rate Geo and I actually did use Assault vest bish for a short time and I just felt like I really didn't need to pursuit trap anything and I lost a lot of firepower without LO but yea it's def something to consider as the lati's are everywhere. I might use knock off on my lando to counter that in the future but other than that yea im glad you like it. have a nice day :) you too fadsfads

This is just me being picky but I tend to run psycho cut over swords dance on bisharp has I've never really got the chance to get an SD up and then proceed to sweep unless I'm really low ladder. Anyway heres the set I would be running:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Also if you're having problems with Greninja I would suggest running this set on Gengar:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice/Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt/Trick

The evs are relatively standard and allow you to outspeed pretty much the entire meta, focus blast will simply Ohkoe and if you have been having problems with stall I would advise running trick over thunderbolt because honestly nothing is better than giving a chansey a scarf. Literally nothing. Anyway thats all I have to say now so good luck with your ladder etc etc!

This is just me being picky but I tend to run psycho cut over swords dance on bisharp has I've never really got the chance to get an SD up and then proceed to sweep unless I'm really low ladder. Anyway heres the set I would be running:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Also if you're having problems with Greninja I would suggest running this set on Gengar:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice/Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt/Trick

The evs are relatively standard and allow you to outspeed pretty much the entire meta, focus blast will simply Ohkoe and if you have been having problems with stall I would advise running trick over thunderbolt because honestly nothing is better than giving a chansey a scarf. Literally nothing. Anyway thats all I have to say now so good luck with your ladder etc etc!
Psycho cut really hits nothing in the game...it's pretty weak actually. The only real use psycho cut would be keldeo and he has azu for that. Really should stick to SD or pursuit, for lati twins

Dude, run bulky zard x, you already have roost, why not just go for it? At +2 you outspeed the entire meta anyway.

Hey there dude! I like the team a lot!

I'm no great rater or anything like it, but can I suggest a different spread for Zard X?
Max Speed doesn't really do much for you, it'd probably be better to invest in bulk.

name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Flare Blitz / Earthquake
move 4: Roost
ability: Blaze
item: Charizardite X
evs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
nature: Adamant

With this set at +1, you're already outspeeding Greninja, but you're taking a few more hits.
Just watch out for TWaveThundy and those few Scarf Users that will outspeed even after +1.
It's also worth nothing this set walls M Manectric and sets-up in its face.

Hope I helped. [:

Last edited:
Hey there dude! I like the team a lot!

I'm no great rater or anything like it, but can I suggest a different spread for Zard X?
Max Speed doesn't really do much for you, it'd probably be better to invest in bulk.

name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw
move 3: Flare Blitz / Earthquake
move 4: Roost
ability: Blaze
item: Charizardite X
evs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 Spd
nature: Adamant

With this set at +1, you're already outspeeding Greninja, but you're taking a few more hits.
Just watch out for TWaveThundy and those few Scarf Users that will outspeed even after +1.
It's also worth nothing this set walls M Manectric and sets-up in its face.

Hope I helped. [:
the recommended set is 144/252/112, I think it is the best spread for ddzard.

the recommended set is 144/252/112, I think it is the best spread for ddzard.
The recommended spread is now 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe for Adamant Excadrill, though I would take 8 more HP EVs and throw them into speed for speedcreeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)