Sketchmons Doubles (Also Known as Sketch Dubs)

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by OiawesomeDG, Aug 27, 2013.

?

Should Prankster + SLeeping Moves be banned?

1. Yes

41.7%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Only ban Prankster + Spore so other sleep moves with prankster can be used

25.0%
  4. Ban spore in general!

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OiawesomeDG

OiawesomeDG

Welcome to Sketchmons Doubles Approved by Arcticblast

So you may have seen that metagame called Sketchmons and well, if you haven't here's a quick recap:
    So uh yeah, that's the jist of it, one one free move for every poke on your team.

While I was sitting at my desk, I was wondering "what if this was applied to doubles?" And then, thsi was created.

Now using the standard smogon doubles banlist, A bunch of new threats, defensive and offensive appear, Fake out or Rage Powder Cresselia! Megahorn Excadrill (to handle cress), Spore Thundurus, and even buffs to the lower mons, like latias getting secret sword to handle tyranitar! or even WoW to fully handle Top, various offensive fake out or e-speed pokes etc.

This causes a huge change to the metagame that everything has to be prepared for

More will be added as sets become discoverd,

There might be a ban of prankster + sleeping moves depending on what the community feels, so be sure to let out your thoughts

This metagame is also playable here:
    http://othermetas.no-ip.biz
  2. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

This looks quite fun. I'm definitely going to be looking into this. Appealing combos? Definitely Sableye with Spore and Shedinja with Endeavor. Speaking of Shedinja, I wonder if Substitute would be viable. After all, isn't damage rounded down?
  3. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

Damage is rounded down. However, if the user has 1HP left, it will always fail. So teaching Shedinja substitute is a waste of a moveslot.
  4. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

Ok, that would've been too easy. Oh, and other pokes can get Techno Blast while holding a Drive! Then again, the Douse Drive would be the only one that benefits, since there's Ice Beam, T-Bolt, and Flamethrower. And Surf. Nevermind, that's stupid.
  5. Mulan15262

Mulan15262

Yeah, Genesect's signature move is horrible. However, they could hold a plate of whatever type and use Judgement to hit harder than any of the moves you listed.
  6. OiawesomeDG

OiawesomeDG

The thing about Judgement types is that, they sometimes compete with spread moves for instance; Judgement Water Plate VS Surf or Water Spout, surf and water spout under a certain HP amount MAY be weaker, but it hits 2 foes in doubles and they can also hold an item which is the thing. So really if you want to use an item and a spread move, go with something like surf over judgement Water (water spout is unreliable because of how easy it is to get slapped in the face by a strong STAB or spread move and generally lose a lot of power).
  7. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

Too bad Shedinja's Special Attack sucks. I could see Water Spout Shedinja being so OP in this meta.
  8. Arcticblast

Arcticblast improsin + bapongbas gg,,,,,,
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Other Metas Leader

Metagame cancelled by request.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)