Sketchmons ORAS - Diggersby and Shell Smash Banned!

canno

formerly The Reptile
I don't know about Cloyster, but I do think King's Rock should go, as just like in STABmons Shurriken + King's Rock is absolute cheese and can get pass would-be counters such as Vaccum Wave Keldeo. It's even worst here than in STABies too since not every Normal can run FakeSpeed

OMoTM September, let's go! :]]]]]

aesf I think something really helpful would be a list of "outclassed moves" in the OP. I can make one, if you like the idea and you don't want to.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As the one who brought it up, I believe KING'S ROCK , not cloyster, should be banned. It worse than in STABmons due to the lack of Fakespeeders such. Kings Rock has no other use, and cloyster without kings rock is VERY easy to deal with. So please make a smart choice. And anyways, lets bring up another monster.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Justified
Nature: Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Water Spout
- Secret Sword
- Filler honestly

After birds and lopp are gone, and a little Cleric support, you've got a monster in the making. Just realise that.

Edit: Its finally on Aqua!!!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I keep getting an error when trying to battle:
Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Im not sure why, but it says that Wish is a Sketch move when Chansey can learn that regularly...

Tagging Snaquaza aesf

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it is because Sketch is an event move (only way you can get 1 Sketch move right now I think), while Wish is a Gen 3 Event move. You can't get the two event moves together, I'm afraid.

Yes, Wish is normally a really rare move on Chansey since its from such an outdated event. We have the luxury of using it though.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I think it is because Sketch is an event move (only way you can get 1 Sketch move right now I think), while Wish is a Gen 3 Event move. You can't get the two event moves together, I'm afraid.

Yes, Wish is normally a really rare move on Chansey since its from such an outdated event. We have the luxury of using it though.
I don't understand, Chansey does not learn Sketch from an event normally, or is it coded that Sketch is an event move for all mons?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't understand, Chansey does not learn Sketch from an event normally, or is it coded that Sketch is an event move for all mons?
It is coded that Sketch is an event move, yes. This is because this is the only way to give all Pokemon Sketch that I'm aware of which only allows them to use it once. (No, it can't be done the Necturna way, that only worked in Gen 5) Because of this, Sketch moves can't be combined with other event moves.

I present to you, cancer the second.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: overgrow -> lightning rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Timid nature
-electrify
-dragon pulse
-leaf storm/giga drain
-hidden power fire/focus blast

Pretty much electrify untill +6 and sweep. If something walls you, simply switch because getting your boosts back was never so easy. And this works on pretty much any lightningrod mon. It's even scarier on manectric (but doesn't keep lightningrod upon mega evolving)

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
wow the cancer that returned from mix and mega.... it was just banned there, and this is faster than sceptilite heliolisk, so even more threatening. Plus, this meta has less of a power creep. Even though priority topsy turvy will be on most teams, i think this ought to go.

wow the cancer that returned from mix and mega.... it was just banned there, and this is faster than sceptilite heliolisk, so even more threatening. Plus, this meta has less of a power creep. Even though priority topsy turvy will be on most teams, i think this ought to go.
Well that's true but there's the rest of the team for. This mon just needs a team mate that can get rid of a topsy-turvy user. Which is pretty close to no support since that mon can (and probably will) preform other roles too.

Which then gives it the possibility to sweep your opponents whole team

And even manectric (non mega) is viable because of it. And that says pretty much (or just beyond logic, raichu can do it too)

Last edited:
As the one who brought it up, I believe KING'S ROCK , not cloyster, should be banned. It worse than in STABmons due to the lack of Fakespeeders such. Kings Rock has no other use, and cloyster without kings rock is VERY easy to deal with. So please make a smart choice. And anyways, lets bring up another monster.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
- Hydro Pump
- Water Spout
- Secret Sword
- Filler honestly

After birds and lopp are gone, and a little Cleric support, you've got a monster in the making. Just realise that.

Edit: Its finally on Aqua!!!
Those BW players know how hard rain-boosted Hydro Pump hits, let alone Water Spout. Give this thing Specs and rain support, and destroy worlds. How about...
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
- Hydro Pump
- Water Spout / Thunder / Hurricane
- Secret Sword
- HP Electric / HP Flying / Icy Wind
Specs Keldeo, for rain teams. The filler depends on the Sketched move. Calcs:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory in Rain: 493-582 (147.6 - 174.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune in Rain: 243-286 (60.1 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 234-276 (64.2 - 75.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Even Hydro Pump has a shot at 2HKOing the latter two.
Hurricane and Thunder are weaker than rain-boosted Hydro Pump even when supper-effective, but offer useful side effects and perfect accuracy. Thunder OHKOes or 2HKOes most bulky Water-types if not all of them and the paralysis chance is nice, while Hurricane has good coverage and its way stronger than Icy Wind / HP Flying for Grass-types, and has an infamous chance of confusing (aka hax to death its checks).
Water Spout is still good outside of rain, and there's Vacuum Wave too for non-rain teams.

Hmm. Another interesting meta. Anyway.

Cancer the 3rd? (Klefki) @ Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold nature
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Hmm. Another interesting meta. Anyway.

Cancer the 3rd? (Klefki) @ Leftovers/Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold nature
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Reflect
- Light Screen
Do you really think the cancer needs endless editions?
Now seriously, I think Klefki prefers recovery, Topsy-Turvy or Imprison + Transform (gimmicky though).
At least this will be VERY annoying to deal with.

Geomancy/power herb on EVERYTHING
Shell smash, shift gear, and tail glow also provide efficient buffing
Pranksters with sleep moves
Contrarymons with dragon ascent, v-create, dracometeor, etc.
Espeed, boomburst, and even thrash ---ate abusers
Rock head abuse with flare blitz, volt tackle, head smash, or light of ruin
Electrify with (insert electric immunity here)
Endeavor on shedinja/level 1 sturdy

Let the games begin

Let the games begin
Yes that's the idea (btw no light of ruin cause no unreleased moves).

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Freeze-Dry
No more Water- or Grass-types walling you! Now you can hit both with a coverage move!

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst / Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Tail Glow
And spam Boomburst for days.

Bibarel @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Waterfall
- Return / Quick Attack
- Rest / Substitute
Tired of Bidoof sweeping Ubers teams? What about Bibarel sweeping yours?

Bibarel @ Kee Berry
Ability: Unaware
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Slack Off
Unaware wall 2.0. Bibarel new meta!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
- Skill Swap
A sub can't stop the almighty Ditto now. Laugh at the opponent transforming into Ditto!

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
More to abuse Reckless and die quickly!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Magic Coat
Poor Smeargle. He gets everything so now it can't get anything new...

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Bug Buzz
Fire-types walling you? Physical attackers wanting to switch in? Problem solved.

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
Praise Aurorus or you'll get destroyed.

Last edited:

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes that's the idea (btw no light of ruin cause no unreleased moves).

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Freeze-Dry
No more Water- or Grass-types walling you! Now you can hit both with a coverage move!

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Boomburst / Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Tail Glow
And spam Boomburst for days.

Bibarel @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Simple
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Waterfall
- Return / Quick Attack
- Rest / Substitute
Tired of Bidoof sweeping Ubers teams? What about Bibarel sweeping yours?

Bibarel @ Kee Berry
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Slack Off
Unaware wall 2.0. Bibarel new meta!

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
- Skill Swap
A sub can't stop the almighty Ditto now. Laugh at the opponent transforming into Ditto!

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
More to abuse Reckless and die quickly!

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 96 HP / 120 Def / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Magic Coat
Poor Smeargle. He gets everything so now it can't get anything new...

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Bug Buzz
Fire-types walling you? Physical attackers wanting to switch in? Problem solved.
Fiery Dance is better for volc than fire blast in general. Also, you may need to drop bug buzz, because roost is so important.

Let the games begin
I tested abusing electrify, with zebstrika and sceptile-mega. It's really underwhelming.

Endeavor sheddy is fun but it still gets destroyed by hazards, statuses and coverage. It's not that amazing.

The rest has already been covered in this thread

Fiery Dance is better for volc than fire blast in general. Also, you may need to drop bug buzz, because roost is so important.

I tested abusing electrify, with zebstrika and sceptile-mega. It's really underwhelming.

Endeavor sheddy is fun but it still gets destroyed by hazards, statuses and coverage. It's not that amazing.

The rest has already been covered in this thread
On Volcarona I took the sample OU set and I dropped Giga Drain. Fiery Dance and Roost are options though.

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bibarel @ Kee Berry
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Slack Off
I've never liked Bibarel, but I think that Sketching recovery is going to be highly appreciated in this meta. People have noted the possibilities of Nuzzle, Will-O-Wisp and Sticky Web on Tank Garchomp, while Dragon Dance and Thousand Arrows would massively increase offensive Garchomp's potential, but I still think I would prefer Sketching a recovery move.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Stone Edge / Fire Blast / Toxic
- Milk Drink

This changes Garchomp's role pretty hugely - it's not merely TankChomp, but now could be considered a wall. I can't even begin to describe the numerous OU battles where, after switching into a powerful M-Metagross' Meteor Mash, Talonflame's Brave Bird, M-Lopunny's Return or Bisharp's Iron Head, that I wanted to heal Garchomp. And that's exactly what this metagame gives it!

I've never liked Bibarel, but I think that Sketching recovery is going to be highly appreciated in this meta. People have noted the possibilities of Nuzzle, Will-O-Wisp and Sticky Web on Tank Garchomp, while Dragon Dance and Thousand Arrows would massively increase offensive Garchomp's potential, but I still think I would prefer Sketching a recovery move.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Stone Edge / Fire Blast / Toxic
- Milk Drink

This changes Garchomp's role pretty hugely - it's not merely TankChomp, but now could be considered a wall. I can't even begin to describe the numerous OU battles where, after switching into a powerful M-Metagross' Meteor Mash, Talonflame's Brave Bird, M-Lopunny's Return or Bisharp's Iron Head, that I wanted to heal Garchomp. And that's exactly what this metagame gives it!
Bibarel was a joke, don't even think of use it on serious teams.
Dragon Dance is a worse Shift Gear, while Thousand Arrows can't be Sketched (unreleased move).
But yes recovery looks good on Garchomp, but still I don't see it as a wall because its bulk, while not bad at all, it's not that impressive and Garchomp works more on punishing physical attacks (contact moves specifically) than sponging them. Still recovery makes its job easier, so it's not a bad option. This are some of the moves Garchomp could Sketch imo:
Spikes
Sticky Web
Toxic Spikes
Nuzzle
Shift Gear
Will-O-Wisp
Precipice Blades
Recover (or Slack Off and the like)

Even this gimmicky set could work:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 242 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage / Earthquake
- Rest
- Coil
Ok it's a bad set (horrible coverage) but you get the idea.

Recovery is a very nice add-on on many mons with the stats and typing or movepool for the job, but TrollFreak didn't bless them with recovery. For example: Heatran, Ferrothorn, Shuckle, Mantine, Lanturn, Landorus-T, Rotom-W and Rotom-H can make their dreams true and became a decent/good wall depending on the case. Also:

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Skill Swap
Middle finger to TrollFreak for ruining a mon with a lot of potential and a cool design. Sadly nobody can fix the sprite they gave it for Gen VI, because it makes it look retarded.

Looks awesome can't wait to give it a go. A cool set I thought of:

Victini @ Power Herb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Spa / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
Geomancy
Stored Power
Blue Flare
Focus Blast / Energy Ball / Glaciate

After using Geomancy you outrun scarfed 108s with this spread. Geomancy gives you a 140 BP Stored Power. Blue Flare is the alternate STAB. Choose your coverage move based on what you want to hit. EVs let you outrun scarfed 108s with max Special Attack for more power. The rest is in HP for bulk.

Last edited:
Looks awesome can't wait to give it a go. Some cool sets I thought of:

Victini @ Power Herb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Spa / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
Geomancy
Stored Power
Blue Flare
Focus Blast / Energy Ball / Glaciate

After using Geomancy you outrun scarfed 108s with this spread. Geomancy gives you a 140 BP Stored Power. Blue Flare is the alternate STAB. Choose your coverage move based on what you want to hit. EVs let you outrun scarfed 108s with max Special Attack for more power. The rest is in HP for bulk.
Looks good.

More sets:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Psychic
- Scald
- Spore / Dark Void

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Icicle Crash

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Pursuit

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Pursuit
Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Skill Swap
- Scald
- Protect / Aqua Ring

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Skill Swap
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Regigigigigigigigas (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Def / 28 SpD
Careful Nature
- Skill Swap
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
EVs started at 128 HP / 252 Atk, made it live Modest LO Keldeo's Secret Sword at bare minimum with as few EVs, put the rest into SpD and gave it a SpD positive nature

Regigigigigigigigas (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Def / 28 SpD
Careful Nature
- Skill Swap
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
EVs started at 128 HP / 252 Atk, made it live Modest LO Keldeo's Secret Sword at bare minimum with as few EVs, put the rest into SpD and gave it a SpD positive nature
The idea was to get Huge Power Mega Gallade to wreck everything.
I really like the Regigigigigigigigas set btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)