Metagame Sketchmons

Just wondering, will Sketchmons get a VR any time soon?
The long awaited Sketch resources should (hopefully) be going up shortly, and a VR will be included in that dw.

In the mean time, thought I might post 2 sets for the new megas: swampert and sceptile, and see what all ur thoughts on them are
Swampert:

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

So I feel like weather is really underused other than sand, as rain and sun dont really have much that really benefits in sketch, while sand gets like tarrows excadrill. However, even tho I am yet to really test it, I thiink this could be a decent mon for a rain team to run tbh. I can see both shoreup, and swords dance being viable, and personally I think the sd set looks especially fun to use.Maybe more bulk on the shore up set would be better, but idrk as again, I havent really tested either out.

Sceptile:

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Electrify
- Focus Blast
- dragon pulse
- Giga Drain

So I made the horrible mistake of picking a tragic set for sceptile, which is probably why I found it underwhelming, but the above set is probs what msceptile should run with electrify. I havent tested this set yet, but it is rather weak to priority, and given the prio spam in the meta I am not quite sure how well it will do. Perhaps pairing it with lele on a team might be quite good, either way, I stand by my original opinion that electrify sceptile isnt broken as many thought it would be due to stuff like mawile and alolan wak being so common.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Breaking hearts since '09
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok so I have actually been playing some more Sketch as of late (even though queuing games is a commitment in itself) and I must say I have been having a lot of fun testing some new sets and everything so I guess I will share what I find to be potentially good.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electrify
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Substitute

So this is the Mega Sceptile set that I have been abusing under Webs and it actually has been performing quite well for me. I really like Electrify + Substitute since it can be great at setting up certain 50/50s against slower setup sweepers that would would try to evade attacking Scpetile in risk of it being effected by Lightning Rod. From there, Mega Sceptile can usually sweep with its STAB attacks, where the recovery from Giga Drain can help improve its sustainability and lets it setup more subs throughout the match. Paired with Tapu Lele and holy hell it can be quite devastating.

Here is a sample Webs HO team that I have been using it on:

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Stored Power

and

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Doom Desire
- Aura Sphere / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Magearna is easily one of the top threats in the Sketchmons metagame thanks to its Quiver Dance sets propelling it to be one of the most deadliest setup sweepers available. However, I was experimenting with the standard OU Shift Gear Z-Stone set and fell across of Stored Power. Initially I thought nothing much from it but then quickly came to realize how potent it can become as a coverage option when combining the stat boosts from Shift Gear and Soul-Heart. From here, Magearna actually has a chance at breaking through its checks in Unaware Clefable. Alternatively, I have also been using the standard Assault Vest set with Doom Desire set and it also has been putting in a lot of work due to it being a great check to common threats such as Tapu Lele and Porygon-Z (although watch out for Fire-type coverage from the former). I also been using physical Shift Gear sets with Play Rough for memes, its also p fun to use ;p

Zygarde @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Acrobatics / Sacred Fire
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

Zygarde is already a premier threat in the OU metagame, and I really feel Sketchmons makes him even better as an offensive threat. While Choice Band sets are still usually always preferred, I have been utilizing a Double Dance set with Flying-type coverage (in this case Acrobatics) and it also has been putting in a ton of work for me due to the fact that Tangrowth is the one of the only consistent Zygarde checks in the metagame. Fire and Ice-type coverage can also be utilized as well of course, but the extra power that Acrobatics provides is really nice and helps deal with other checks such as Mega Heracross and Buzzhole much better as well.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Metal Sound
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Sleep Powder

This might look like a total meme set but it actually acts as a great way to break through more defensive teams. Through Magma Storm and Sleep Powder, Heatran is effectively able to abuse a pseudo "SleepTrapping" combination (which is otherwise banned standardly) and can weaken down bulky threats such as Chansey, Clefable, Zapdos, and even Tapu Fini with Metal Sound. Definitively a more CT orientated set, but nontheless one that can be effective given the proper matchup.

Thats all I have for now, but I am definitely enjoying Sketchmons much more as of late when I find games and encourage others to give it a try as well. Ban Webs and Porygon-Z tho.

^Gotta love Electrify Sceptile, it's great for stall. Here's another "stall-breaker" set for your consideration:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough

Magic Guard allows for the almost unique combination of Belly Drum + LO; Fairy STAB is excellent spammable, with the main Fairy resists being hit hard by either Drain Punch (Heatran, does decent damage to Mawile) and Thunder Punch (Toxapex, Skarmory and Celesteela). Max Speed Jolly is there to ensure that you don't immediately die after Belly Drumming to something like Mega Mawile, but a bulkier spread with Max HP, and Sitrus/Lefties over LO is viable.

^Gotta love Electrify Sceptile, it's great for stall. Here's another "stall-breaker" set for your consideration:

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough

Magic Guard allows for the almost unique combination of Belly Drum + LO; Fairy STAB is excellent spammable, with the main Fairy resists being hit hard by either Drain Punch (Heatran, does decent damage to Mawile) and Thunder Punch (Toxapex, Skarmory and Celesteela). Max Speed Jolly is there to ensure that you don't immediately die after Belly Drumming to something like Mega Mawile, but a bulkier spread with Max HP, and Sitrus/Lefties over LO is viable.
I am not sure if you thought that belly drum with magic guard didnt do any damage to you, but if you did think that, just want to inform you that belly drum still does 50% damage to you. While belly drum can be very scary (hence the bd ban) I think it is rather wasted on clefable, because even with the gained play rough stab attack, clef lacks the speed to really be a potent sweeper, not does it have priority to make up for the lack of speed. Furthermore, without any bulk investment, it can die pretty easily as well. You could very well exchange play rough for perhaps espeed, but this is a complete waste as you could run snorlax instead which is just far better. I get that this is meant to be just a stallbreaking set, so you havent worried about lack of speed, but even then, I think snorlax just accomplishes that role far better. And tbh, literally every good stall team has an unaware mon which hardwalls this clef set due to clef's lack of high base attack: 252 Atk Life Orb Clefable Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 103-122 (26.1 - 30.9%) -- 7.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery; 252 Atk Life Orb Clefable Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 113-134 (28.6 - 34%) -- 98.8% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
We actually want to suspect Webs but since the meta is too dead to do suspect (nothing can be done about it), we did a council vote. As a result of the vote, Sticky Web is now banned from sketching.

Reasoning:
1. It pretty much invalidates revenge killing. Since so many mons in here that benefits from webs are very hard hitters and can wallbreak so easily, this is a very serious problem and need to be addressed.
2. It being slapped into any mon make it pretty much impossible to prevent due to being unpredictable.

Remember that you can still use Sticky Web through original user. This decision is made because we at least want to address one of the problems before the upcoming OMPL.

Tagging The Immortal

The Immortal

They Don't Want None
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Other Metas Leader
I also don't play sketchmons that much, but if both teams have to run sticky webs to prepare for opposing sticky webs or its run on almost every team, that seems incredibly over centralising.
You don't have to run Sticky Web. You can run MB/Defog/Spin. Also, a move being common doesn't necessarily mean it's over centralizing.

It would come down to who has the fastest flying types ig or who gets rid of hazards first. But it certainly limits the amount pokes that can be used
Thanks. There was a discussion on Discord that expanded on this and I have been educated as to why Sticky Web should be banned in Sketchmons :).

Staraptor @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Details: Basically, this Staraptor set is meant to be a self-reliant sweeper set. Mirror Move is quite obviously an unviable move in itself, but when it's Z Variation is used, the Pokemon gains a solid +2 attack boost, doubling it's attack stat; Also, Z-Mirror Move not only copies the opposing Pokemon's previous move, but it copies the move with x1.5 power, allowing you to get the attack boost PLUS a potential chunk of damage dealt to the foe. Or, in some cases, retaliating by copying setup moves such as SR in early game to assist in helping Staraptor sweep. Afterwards, the idea is to simply spam whichever move fits the situation best to sweep the opposing team. With a speed stat that rounds to 299 without Jolly, Staraptor's not as fast as it could be, but this still allows it to outspeed quite a few threats that could OHKO it. Brave Bird is Staraptor's most powerful flying STAB move, so this was an obvious pick. Close Combat is a very powerful fighting type move used for coverage against Steel and Rocks types that otherwise wall Staraptor. Extreme Speed is Staraptor's sketched move, which allows it some sort of strategy to be able to continue sweeps even against faster (or scarfed) users. Just like the other two packed moves, with STAB, Extreme Speed gets bumped up to 120 BP, and this, paired along with Staraptor's naturally acceptable attack stat and 100% boost, is enough to potentially blow holes through teams that aren't prepared. For example, although Scarfed Tapu Lele most obviously outspeeds Staraptor and can either seriously damage or OHKO it, Extreme Speed allows Staraptor to outspeed and OHKO before Lele gets the chance to stop it.

Checks and Counters:

Garchomp/Landorus-Therian:
Although Garchomp isn't particularly common, Landorus-Therian most definitely is, and both of these Pokemon can easily take a single attack from Staraptor and follow up with an OHKO from StoneEdge/DiamondStorm.

Glalie-Mega: Since Glalie-Mega's main niche in Sketchmons is to be a sweeper/revenge killer using Ice type Extreme Speed, and most Glalie-Mega's run Jolly, Glalie-Mega in most cases will outspeed and OHKO with a boosted, Ice type Extreme Speed.

Excadrill: At first glance, it may seem like Excadrill isn't really a problem, being easily OHKOd by Close Combat. Although, Extreme Speed is specifically added for this kind of situation; Where a scarf user that outspeeds Staraptor comes in. With Excadrill's adequate defense, above average HP and normal type resistance, Extreme Speed is eaten up by Excadrill and Staraptor is revenge killed by whatever Rock move such Excadrill is using (Probably Stone Edge or Diamond Storm)

Skarmory: Skarmory definitely isn't as much of a hard counter as Lando-T and Garchomp are, but all three of Staraptor's moves are either hitting resisted or neutrally on Skarmory. Close Combat is the most damaging move to Skarmory that Staraptor has, and even then...

+2 252+ Atk Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 154-182 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Even then, it's only a 2HKO at very best, and in some cases will only be a 3HKO. Over the course of those two to three turns you'll need to take down Skarmory, it will either Whirlwind Staraptor out of the field, or it will end up KOing Staraptor after potential Rocky Helmet damage and the defense drop from CC. Regardless of which one it is, both stop Staraptor in it's tracks and cut the sweep short.

Team Options:

In the event that the sweep does get halted earlier than you were hoping, you'll need a reliable teammate to either switch in to or revenge kill with. Tapu Koko is a decent option; Using Ice Beam/Blizzard as the sketched move, Tapu Koko can come in and OHKO Lando-T, Garchomp, and Skarmory, which are all hard counters to this Staraptor set. Ash-Greninja is another option. Holding menacing offensive stats and a versatile movepool, Ash-Greninja can OHKO Lando-T, Garchomp, Excadrill and Skarmory using Ice Beam and Water Shuriken/Hydro Pump. Unfortunately, Ash-Greninja doesn't really have a reliable answer to Glalie-Mega. If you're situation means that Glalie is posing more of a threat, using regular Greninja with Low Kick is recommended, as Glalie-Mega's immense weight causes Low Kick to rise to 120 BP, excluding the super effective boost.

Staraptor @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Details: Basically, this Staraptor set is meant to be a self-reliant sweeper set. Mirror Move is quite obviously an unviable move in itself, but when it's Z Variation is used, the Pokemon gains a solid +2 attack boost, doubling it's attack stat; Also, Z-Mirror Move not only copies the opposing Pokemon's previous move, but it copies the move with x1.5 power, allowing you to get the attack boost PLUS a potential chunk of damage dealt to the foe. Or, in some cases, retaliating by copying setup moves such as SR in early game to assist in helping Staraptor sweep. Afterwards, the idea is to simply spam whichever move fits the situation best to sweep the opposing team. With a speed stat that rounds to 299 without Jolly, Staraptor's not as fast as it could be, but this still allows it to outspeed quite a few threats that could OHKO it. Brave Bird is Staraptor's most powerful flying STAB move, so this was an obvious pick. Close Combat is a very powerful fighting type move used for coverage against Steel and Rocks types that otherwise wall Staraptor. Extreme Speed is Staraptor's sketched move, which allows it some sort of strategy to be able to continue sweeps even against faster (or scarfed) users. Just like the other two packed moves, with STAB, Extreme Speed gets bumped up to 120 BP, and this, paired along with Staraptor's naturally acceptable attack stat and 100% boost, is enough to potentially blow holes through teams that aren't prepared. For example, although Scarfed Tapu Lele most obviously outspeeds Staraptor and can either seriously damage or OHKO it, Extreme Speed allows Staraptor to outspeed and OHKO before Lele gets the chance to stop it.

Checks and Counters:

Garchomp/Landorus-Therian:
Although Garchomp isn't particularly common, Landorus-Therian most definitely is, and both of these Pokemon can easily take a single attack from Staraptor and follow up with an OHKO from StoneEdge/DiamondStorm.

Glalie-Mega: Since Glalie-Mega's main niche in Sketchmons is to be a sweeper/revenge killer using Ice type Extreme Speed, and most Glalie-Mega's run Jolly, Glalie-Mega in most cases will outspeed and OHKO with a boosted, Ice type Extreme Speed.

Excadrill: At first glance, it may seem like Excadrill isn't really a problem, being easily OHKOd by Close Combat. Although, Extreme Speed is specifically added for this kind of situation; Where a scarf user that outspeeds Staraptor comes in. With Excadrill's adequate defense, above average HP and normal type resistance, Extreme Speed is eaten up by Excadrill and Staraptor is revenge killed by whatever Rock move such Excadrill is using (Probably Stone Edge or Diamond Storm)

Skarmory: Skarmory definitely isn't as much of a hard counter as Lando-T and Garchomp are, but all three of Staraptor's moves are either hitting resisted or neutrally on Skarmory. Close Combat is the most damaging move to Skarmory that Staraptor has, and even then...

+2 252+ Atk Staraptor Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 154-182 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

Even then, it's only a 2HKO at very best, and in some cases will only be a 3HKO. Over the course of those two to three turns you'll need to take down Skarmory, it will either Whirlwind Staraptor out of the field, or it will end up KOing Staraptor after potential Rocky Helmet damage and the defense drop from CC. Regardless of which one it is, both stop Staraptor in it's tracks and cut the sweep short.

Team Options:

In the event that the sweep does get halted earlier than you were hoping, you'll need a reliable teammate to either switch in to or revenge kill with. Tapu Koko is a decent option; Using Ice Beam/Blizzard as the sketched move, Tapu Koko can come in and OHKO Lando-T, Garchomp, and Skarmory, which are all hard counters to this Staraptor set. Ash-Greninja is another option. Holding menacing offensive stats and a versatile movepool, Ash-Greninja can OHKO Lando-T, Garchomp, Excadrill and Skarmory using Ice Beam and Water Shuriken/Hydro Pump. Unfortunately, Ash-Greninja doesn't really have a reliable answer to Glalie-Mega. If you're situation means that Glalie is posing more of a threat, using regular Greninja with Low Kick is recommended, as Glalie-Mega's immense weight causes Low Kick to rise to 120 BP, excluding the super effective boost.
This set looks awesome. I am 100% going to try this out.

So given that OMPL r1 is over (for me) I thought I'd post a neat core I've been sitting on for a little while. It (did) work in STABmons too (better actually), but now, sadly, does not.

+
+
/

I'm not going to post sets as what these mons run isn't really important, what's important is the way they support each other. Tapu Koko provides Electric Terrain support for Kyurem-B's Fusion Bolt and Magneton/zone's Thunderbolt/Volt Switch. Magnets trap steel types that would otherwise trouble Kyu-b or Koko, such as Ferrothorn or non-Scarf Excadrill, which can be removed by Blue Flare. This core also provides plenty of pivoting to get not just Kyu-b but other mons in safely.

This core is weak to ground types, especially if you don't sketch an Ice STAB on Kyu-B (I ran an Icium-Z Dragon Dance set for instance) so a good partner could be a bulky grass type such as Tangrowth. Other good companions are those that appreciate mons like Skarmory or Celesteela gone, like Diggersby.

Try it out!

Flamestar

formerly ItsYaBoi1337
Heracross @ Heracrossite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

Get this thing at +1, and it is a monster. Its lackluster speed is no more, and it gets a +1 to its godlike Attack stat.

Official Fissure

I'm no fake Fissure
Some of the metas like AAA have the common abilities in their VR for each mon so maybe the VR could could have something like that.
This is something that the council has discussed in the past. Like the role compendium, it is about 75% done and has yet to be implemented. I think it would be better to wait until everything is done before we implement it, so expect a major overhaul to this thread next month.

I've noticed there haven't been many nominations, so I guess I'll kick things off with a couple of my own:
Firstly I would like to nominate hippowdon. Sand has become a seriously powerful and threatening due to tarrows exca being able to body a lot of teams in sand. As of late ive been experimenting a lot with "sketching" uturn onto weather/terrain setters and by far the most reliable option for me has been uturn hippowdon. Being able to set sand and slow pivot safely into LO exca is very useful and can allow you to get that all important momentum and pressure your opponent. So yeah, I would say anywhere betweeen B to A- rank, leaning towards B+ but of course this is a nom so open to discussion (please discuss something lol).

ok so next nom is mega sceptile. Honestly, with the right matchup this thing is stupid. The move it sketches is electrify which basically allows mscept to body so many stall and balance teams pretty much singlehandedly. It struggles with priority, and the other downside with it is that its unbelievably predictable. Ive used it a bunch, and dont think its A+ rank, but I think A or A- seems about right.

Final nom for this post is not a new mon but an existing one, aka rhyperior: B- ---> B+. Creds to darksylvion and Jrdn for coming up with and using trick room rhyperior, between that set and Megazard's tarrows set on his tr team I have to say rhyperior is quite the scary mon to come up against. I think it definitely deserves the B+ or at least B but if you disagree feel free to say so (once again someone please just say anything lmao).

I was thinking of nomming necrozma too but I think at best its C rank so idk if its worth adding.

Last edited:
The long awaited Sketch resources should (hopefully) be going up shortly, and a VR will be included in that dw.

In the mean time, thought I might post 2 sets for the new megas: swampert and sceptile, and see what all ur thoughts on them are
Swampert:

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

So I feel like weather is really underused other than sand, as rain and sun dont really have much that really benefits in sketch, while sand gets like tarrows excadrill. However, even tho I am yet to really test it, I thiink this could be a decent mon for a rain team to run tbh. I can see both shoreup, and swords dance being viable, and personally I think the sd set looks especially fun to use.Maybe more bulk on the shore up set would be better, but idrk as again, I havent really tested either out.
I wanted to make a unique HO team, so when I saw this, I made a team.

Klefki @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Rain Dance

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Memento
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Klefki is the lead almost every time. It beats any non dark type lead with prankster taunt, and proceeds to stack spikes. Klefki's ev's can be optimized to live special hits as well, but I like the physical defense. Once Klefki can't live any more hits, set up rain, and proceed to one of the wallbreakers/sweepers.

Swampert is one of the hard hitters of the team. Waterfall is the main STAB, but earthquake kills steel types. This set team was pretty much walled by a Mantine, so stone edge was put over ice punch Gunk Shot stops me from getting 6-0'd by cm fini.

Pelliper is the second rain setter on the team. Usually, this thing is sacked just to set rain up, so memento is used just to help ensure a sweep.

Greninja is a beast. This is my favorite part of the team. When there are still a handful of rain turns, and the opponent has nothing with spdef investment, or over 377 speed, Greninja usually finishes the game. As an extreme example, a max spdef Chansey has a decent chance of being 2HKO'ed after one layer of spikes.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 289-342 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes

After all priority users are gone, this thing cleans.

Originally, scarf Latios took this slot, but lele makes so much more sense. It has insane synergy with greninja, because priority is taken care of with lele, and bulkier mons that lele can't break are broken by a specs water spout.

Finally, there is Kabutops. This is the only setup sweeper on the team. Cont crush is saved for walls, while crabhammer/stone edge usually take care of the rest. Generally, when this thing is sent out, it does not switch.

Last edited:
I really like the idea of using rain as it's quite underused so far in sketch but now with mega pert it should be a more viable offense in theory. I think mememto Peliper is pretty cool as it helps pert set up 1-2 sd's pretty safely allowing it to sweep pretty nicely while klefki seems also pretty cool. I think the only thing I might change is latios. The main issue I see for ur team is being able to break through cores with like fini and ferro, so perhaps you could use this set that I've just come up with that is probably terrible but imo worth a shot: manaphy with tail glow, scald, energy ball, and secret sword. Mana benefits from the rain setters and with secret sword paired with tail glow I think it could be quite scary (maybe also give it zmove). Alternatively u could run like scarf xurk with thunder and secret sword. Apologies for this just being a block of text, on mobile so it's a bit of a pain, I'll fix this up tomorrow so it's less painful to read.

I really like the idea of using rain as it's quite underused so far in sketch but now with mega pert it should be a more viable offense in theory. I think mememto Peliper is pretty cool as it helps pert set up 1-2 sd's pretty safely allowing it to sweep pretty nicely while klefki seems also pretty cool. I think the only thing I might change is latios. The main issue I see for ur team is being able to break through cores with like fini and ferro, so perhaps you could use this set that I've just come up with that is probably terrible but imo worth a shot: manaphy with tail glow, scald, energy ball, and secret sword. Mana benefits from the rain setters and with secret sword paired with tail glow I think it could be quite scary (maybe also give it zmove). Alternatively u could run like scarf xurk with thunder and secret sword. Apologies for this just being a block of text, on mobile so it's a bit of a pain, I'll fix this up tomorrow so it's less painful to read.
I like the idea of scarf xurk, i'll give it a try. Blue flare never made sense on the team anyways. xP

I like the idea of scarf xurk, i'll give it a try. Blue flare never made sense on the team anyways. xP
One more thing, u need to seriously watch out for mega zam tbh, it can trace ss and body you, and it outspeeds ash-gren even without tracing ss, tbh u dot actually have too much of an answer to it other than ig mega pert which can live a hit if it's healthy, or scarf xurk if zam hasn't traced ss. Aside from that it looks pretty good on paper!

Sylveon.

formerly darksylvion
Not to nitpick but mega zam outspeeds scarf xurk so that isn't much of a check unfortunately.

Tho most of the changes that racool suggested are quite optimum, but imo double sd is kind of excessive. With a really good sweeper in rockium kabutops, you could always try 4 attacks swampert with something like gunk shot to hit stuff like bulu, and 2hkoing Max def find and Tangrowth, also it is incredibly hard to switch into. Also since you have a damp rock, have you tried spdef AV pelipper with oblivion wing, it helps a ton against stuff like mega zam and gives you a slow pivot too at the same time. This allows you to run a scarfer of your own choice, probly something like lele. Also imo, use dazzling on klefki, so it isn't deadweight against mega sableye leads.
Rain is super hot anyways, so you'll probly win with or without these changes anyways lol. Cool team!!

Last edited:
Not to nitpick but mega zam outspeeds scarf xurk so that isn't much of a check unfortunately.

Tho most of the checks that racool suggested are quite optimum, but imo double sd is kind of excessive. With a really good sweeper in rockium kabutops, you could always try 4 attacks swampert with something like gunk shot to hit stuff like bulu, and 2hkoing Max def find and Tangrowth, also it is incredibly hard to switch into. Also since you have a damp rock, have you tried spdef AV pelipper with oblivion wing, it helps a ton against stuff like mega zam and gives you a slow pivot too at the same time. This allows you to run a scarfer of your own choice, probly something like lele. Also imo, use dazzling on klefki, so it isn't deadweight against mega sableye leads.
Rain is super hot anyways, so you'll probly win with or without these changes anyways lol. Cool team!!
Thank you for the suggestions! I decided to put dazzling gleam over toxic on klefki, and I will give the AV pelipper a shot.
After getting a bit higher on the ladder, people began to preserve their priority users better, so I think i'm going to get rid of xurk for lele. (On a side note, is it better for lele to sketch psystrike, or coverage?)
I personally prefer double sd over a coverage slot, but maybe I should replace Kabutops with a different physical rain abuser. Any ideas?

Sylveon.

formerly darksylvion
Tho tbh I kind of like kabu since at +2 and z move it easily eliminates fini and spdef Tangrowth.
Tho if you want to try something weird, you can give tail glow ludicolo a try with icium z. It does almost the same thing on the special side. Also swampert should run super power, since Ferro is such a bad match-up for rain.
Also psystrike imo, since only coverage you'd want would be fire type, which is obviously sub optimal on rain. Or you could give trick a try for stall teams.