Skullgirls PC beta (PUNS AHOY!)

Favourite Skullgirl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
because im a pessimistic, bitter 16 yr old pokemon fan who has wanted a 2D pokemon fighting game for a LONG TIME, and with with a speculated pokemon fighting game named "pokken Fighter", i settled for skull girls in the meantime.
and got addicted to it.
so i got to thinking, because i am incredibly unsociable, and dont have any friends who had even heard of Skullgirls before i mentioned it to them, ithough: "INTERNET! that place will have people i can talk too!"

maybe we can just talk about our grandeur combos, crippling losses and say it was fun?
no?
fuck you, i'm going to try anyway.

so, which characters do you use, what's your best combo/s, maybe talk about how hot you think the girls are (they are animated, get a fucking life and i dont want this being NSFW), just WHATEVER!

and for those of you who don't know what skullgirls is, its a 6-button 2D fighter thats is similair to Marvel vs Capcom 2.
a 6-button fighter usually has 3 punch buttons (light, medium, and heavy), and 3 kick buttons (again, light, medium, and heavy).
each character is unique, in that they all have they're own playstyles.
some charecters are rushdown characters, meaning they have a lot of combo potential, but aren't usually very good with ranged combat.
there are also zoning characters, which are pretty much the complete opposite of rush down characters, and then there are the Grapplers; they usually focus on get close to the enemy, and grabbing them. usually for gratuitous amounts of damage.
you can have up to 3 characters on each team, and each combination has its own strengths and weaknesses. and you can switch your team members in and out at any time.
a 1v? matchup has the lonely player adopt a x1.6 damage modifier, and a extremely high 30000 HP.
while this does mean you can deal truly sky high damaging combos fairly easily, you will be a sitting duck in a 1v3 match up where the opponent can combo you almost endlessly.
Note: in a 1v1 match, both players health will be 14300, and the're will be no damage multiplier.

a 2v? has players gain a X1.3 damage modifier, and the game devs graciously gave the duo, 16400 HP.
your single character combos are a little easier, and you have access to much more damage team combos, but to keep things fair, your HP for each character is very, very low.
Note: in a 2v2 match up, both players players health will be 14300, and the're will be no damage multiplier.
does not apply to 2v1, or 2v3 match ups.

and a 3v? match gets rid of your damage multiplier, and your health is sitting pretty at an amazingly high, 14300 hp.
your team combos can be amongst the most damaging in the game, but single player combos are almost not worth it anymore.
note: in a 3v3 match up, both players will have there HP increased to 16400, and a x1.3 damage multiplier will be applied.

IF YOU WANT TO POST A COMBO:
do it in a way someone will be able to easily understand, dont just do advanced terminology without any explanation. thats just dumb.

TERMINOLOGY:
QCB:
Quarter Circle back; the motion you use in conjunction with a attacking button to execute a special.
if you more familiar with Street fighter, the HADOUKEN MOTION, backwards.
QCF: Quarter Circle Forward; basically HADOUKEN and precious explanation.
DP: Dragon Punch/shoryuken. these are usually moves that send the user skyward, and have high invincibility on activation. these usually can't be combo'd from, but can be combo'd into fairly easily.
motion: forward, down, down forward + attack button (quickly)
INSTANT AIR DASH: an airdahs thats done the INSTANT (see what i did there?) you leave the ground. a great way to close in on the opponent and possibly deal damage (if you can do that)
TECH: When the opponent spontaneously "drops out" of a combo, either because you were to slow, or the moves you are using don't work together.
STAGGER: Certain moves Stagger. they leave the opponent reeling, and is a great way to get some high damage combos going. when "Staggered", an opponent can usually be grabbed mid combo to position them.
BURST: in skull girls, upon using the same combination of buttons in a combo more than intended will allow the opponent to burst, sending you to the other side of the screen, and giving them a chance to retaliate.
GREEN BURST: in skullgirls, if a combo goes on for too long, the opponent may "green burst" out in certain situations, for more retaliation.

More to be added soon.

anyway, discuss, or fuckin' lurk or something audino...

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I do want this game but I going to wait for it to go on sale.

I did play the XBOX 360 version a bit and I did enjoy it, I'm a big fan of the art style (3D is kind of meh nowdays except for like SSB and Dissidia but that was 3D).

Sorry can't really give you combo talk or anything!

I don't have a decent computer so it's all PSN for me; waiting on that update so I can learn the new Parasoul shit. I was grinding this game pretty hard, but no stick atm so I can only play at gatherings for the moment.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
You're one subforum off mang

But anyone hit me up on steam I need to actually play this game against people

Do you think playing this game with a ps3 controller is enough? I don't have money to get a fightstick and I prefer playing games on the pc.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As someone who doesn't really play fighters anyway (except Brawl ololol), I never cared for fight sticks. Maybe it's just my hands are too small to deal with the ginormo spacing between buttons and shit.

Do you think playing this game with a ps3 controller is enough? I don't have money to get a fightstick and I prefer playing games on the pc.
As someone who's played Skullgirls on game pad, fight stick, and keyboard, yeah anything works, as long as you can pull it off. There are a few top players that use PS3 controllers too (Ciscokid, DeKillSage) so its just a matter of you getting used to the peripheral.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)