Slot 1 (medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch / Fake Out
- Bullet Punch / Fake Out

Basically just standard Mega Medicham, but with the speed of a +1 Adamant Mega Charizard X, and 100% accuracy on its STABs (particularly important for HJK). It loses its defences, but it was always a glass cannon anyway, so I can't see that being too troublesome.

Slot 5/6 (Heatran) @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Metal Sound
- Magma Storm
- Taunt / Earth Power

I wasn't kidding about running Heatran to deal with Clefable. Slot 5 gives it a power boost at the cost of its Physical Defense, while Slot 6 keeps its Defense intact and gives it a nifty Speed boost in exchange for its offensive prowess. Metal Sound looks fun to use with Magma Storm to deal with both Unaware and Magic Guard Clefables.

Slot 2 (Entei) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz / Bulldoze

Powerful priority mitigates Slot 2's Speed drop while taking advantage of its Attack boost, and the Assault Vest + SpD investment combos nicely with its Special Defense boost. If it can catch something on a Sacred Fire burn, it has effective bulk on both sides of the spectrum. Dragonite can probably run a bulky Dragon Dance set in this slot as well.

Slot 2/4 (Hawlucha) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge/Substitute

White Herb will, if I understand the mechanics correctly (the Q&A suggests that abilities do not affect the stat boosts, but says nothing about items), activate on switch-in, giving Hawlucha an effective +1 Attack and +2 Speed, and either +1 Accuracy or +1 Special Defense depending on your fancy/teambuilding space. Whether you opt for coverage in Stone Edge or a Substitute to protect yourself from status, a Hawlucha with its stops cleared for it promises to be a deadly cleaner.

Slot 1 (medicham) @ Medichamite
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch / Fake Out
- Bullet Punch / Fake Out

Basically just standard Mega Medicham, but with the speed of a +1 Adamant Mega Charizard X, and 100% accuracy on its STABs (particularly important for HJK). It loses its defences, but it was always a glass cannon anyway, so I can't see that being too troublesome.
Slot 5/6 (Heatran) @ Air Balloon / Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Metal Sound
- Magma Storm
- Taunt / Earth Power

I wasn't kidding about running Heatran to deal with Clefable. Slot 5 gives it a power boost at the cost of its Physical Defense, while Slot 6 keeps its Defense intact and gives it a nifty Speed boost in exchange for its offensive prowess. Metal Sound looks fun to use with Magma Storm to deal with both Unaware and Magic Guard Clefables.

Slot 2 (Entei) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz / Bulldoze

Powerful priority mitigates Slot 2's Speed drop while taking advantage of its Attack boost, and the Assault Vest + SpD investment combos nicely with its Special Defense boost. If it can catch something on a Sacred Fire burn, it has effective bulk on both sides of the spectrum. Dragonite can probably run a bulky Dragon Dance set in this slot as well.

Slot 2/4 (Hawlucha) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge/Substitute

White Herb will, if I understand the mechanics correctly (the Q&A suggests that abilities do not affect the stat boosts, but says nothing about items), activate on switch-in, giving Hawlucha an effective +1 Attack and +2 Speed, and either +1 Accuracy or +1 Special Defense depending on your fancy/teambuilding space. Whether you opt for coverage in Stone Edge or a Substitute to protect yourself from status, a Hawlucha with its stops cleared for it promises to be a deadly cleaner.
Added these :)

Also, Pikachuun, any word on if this can be coded? I don't think there's any way to simulate this through PS! except a custom battle with more than four moveslots, and that sounds really unappealing right now.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine

Also, Pikachuun, any word on if this can be coded? I don't think there's any way to simulate this through PS! except a custom battle with more than four moveslots, and that sounds really unappealing right now.
I am working on it, but I'm a bit slow right now due to me coding other things as well.

Reactions: MK

Custom can't replicate it either. Won't set up stat changes on switch-in.

I am working on it, but I'm a bit slow right now due to me coding other things as well.
No problem, glad to hear that it's being worked on though! Take all the time you need, this doesn't have to be high on your priority list.
Custom can't replicate it either. Won't set up stat changes on switch-in.
What I had meant by that is having additional moves, such as Howl, Defog, etc., but it sounds like a very tedious process.

Slot 4 (Medicham) @ Medichamite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Any of you who have seen Mega Medicham in Protean Palace, this does the same, as STAB is the same as +1. As you know, priority will outspeed you no matter how much Speed you have.

At +1, Fake Out + Bullet Punch is just so strong that it has a high chance to KO anything from full health with bulk of 80/80 HP/Defense or lower (assuming it's 0/0 HP/Defense). What's the difference between this and the one in Protean Palace? This time, it throws a stronger, perfectly accurate High Jump Kicks at anything slower than it, so be prepared.

Proof?
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalie: 144-170 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
Assuming Bullet Punch is neutral against Glalie, it does the same, so it does a minimum of 95.6% damage if all of the hits are neutral.

Edit: I forgot that there is the most Specially bulky pokemon ever. It's not weak too, especially with +1 Attack.

Slot 2 (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power-up Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 146-177 (36.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Not even Life Orb Gengar can 2HKO with a 120 BP 4x Super effective hit.

Last edited:
Slot 4 (Medicham) @ Medichamite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Any of you who have seen Mega Medicham in Protean Palace, this does the same, as STAB is the same as +1. As you know, priority will outspeed you no matter how much Speed you have.

At +1, Fake Out + Bullet Punch is just so strong that it has a high chance to KO anything from full health with bulk of 80/80 HP/Defense or lower (assuming it's 0/0 HP/Defense). What's the difference between this and the one in Protean Palace? This time, it throws a stronger, perfectly accurate High Jump Kicks at anything slower than it, so be prepared.

Proof?
+1 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Glalie: 144-170 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
Assuming Bullet Punch is neutral against Glalie, it does the same, so it does a minimum of 95.6% damage if all of the hits are neutral.

Edit: I forgot that there is the most Specially bulky pokemon ever. It's not weak too, especially with +1 Attack.

Slot 2 (Tyranitar) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power-up Punch
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 146-177 (36.1 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Not even Life Orb Gengar can 2HKO with a 120 BP 4x Super effective hit.
Nice, but you forgot to calc with the Gengar at +1:
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. +1 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 218-260 (54 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Especially with the accuracy boost, Tyranitar is even more likely to be 2HKOed. I think Slot 4 is the most optimal one for Gengar, so that's why the calc was like that.

In general, when teambuilding, you need to think about not only which boosts, your pokemon have, but also what boosts opposing pokemon may have. Chopin's mistake is an easy one to make (had I not thought about it for a minute, I would've forgot it too), so think carefully when making a team. Threatlists should only get bigger, as there are more things to prepare for, and calcs need to be done with much attention.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)