Slow Doom

Hi

I have used this team a lot and like it. It is possibly the best team I have made yet!
Lets get started.

Rhyperior (M) @ Muscle Band *** Big Bone
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 76 HP / 148 Atk / 108 Def / 96 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

This lead is GREAT! stealth rock is to stealth rock (duh), stone edge for stab and coverage, megahorn takes down absol and psychic type leads as well as the slowpoke brothers who tend to switch in and earth earthquake to take out other rhyperiors and torkoal. 80 speed bumps big bone up to 136 spe (wow) giving me enough speed to out speed slowbro and king and 135 spe pokemon. the def/ hp/ spdef is there to keep ripper alive a LONG time. Finally in between adamant nature 148 evs bones has 388 atk (wow) and muscle band boosts every move. Sounds good right?

Houndoom (M) @ Passho Berry *** Flaming Arsenic
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch

Houndoom is fast, powerful, has STAB priority and nasty plot AND 318 atk, 319 speed what more do you want? Doom is the first part of my core and holds it well, the only thing that should be mentioned is the passho berry and that is to lure and kill quagsire with HP grass. Next?

Slowbro (F) @ Leftovers *** Fruit Juice
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Psychic
- Light Screen
- Slack Off

Yep slowbro. def slowbro (350 def) and light screen (which REALLY helps the rest of the team) 2 member of the core, switch in use LS switch out (or take it on if I can) usually it can't take much down but its a good wall. Also great for toxicroak (I have seen a ton of them lately)

Torterra (M) @ Shell Bell *** Dirty Shoe (? ok)
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 216 HP / 80 Atk / 212 Spd
- Earthquake
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

third member of the core and the player that stays in the shadows, never being used... sorry torterra. always seems to get picked off quick.

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry *** Top
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 96 Atk / 40 Def / 252 SDef / 120 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

My rapid spinner, SDef, and pursuiter. Awesome but has a hard time killing flies, however is great for weakened pokes.

Clefable (F) @ Toxic Orb *** Dead toast
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Fling
- Softboiled

Cheer! It's Clefable! this set works by passing poison on to another poke then facadeing it to death (PUN ALERT!) drain punch is for a steel type that might switch in. great set.

Well thats the team! Please rate and comment.

... saved spot ...

After a played a few more battles to remind me of my team I realised that I have nothing to deal with baton pass teams. Yes there uncommon but I got sweeped 6-0 worst game I have played yet. So torterra should be replaced with a grass type Roarer... got any ideas?

Don't forget to rate!

I would just give Rhyperior Roar over Megahorn. EdgeQuake gives it the coverage it needs in the lead spot, and it won't be doing much sweeping without Rock Polish and a Life Orb anyways. Switch his item to Leftovers. Muscle band is next to useless. Also, why did you give him such a strange EV spread? if there's a reason, then it would help if you'd explain it.

Venusaur and Sceptile are better Leech Seeders then Torterra. Use them, or make Torterra a Rock Polisher. That's probably why you aren't finding success with him.

Looking at this team, I can't really see your strategy. Is it supposed to be stall? Balanced? Or did you just throw a bunch of pokemon together on a team? You have decent type synergy, but I don't see how your game plan. Maybe it would help if you expand your descriptions.

EDIT: I just noticed, all of your items are pretty weird. Unless you're playing with Items Clause in effect, 'Top and Torterra should both have lefteovers.

Just a few small things I have to say.
1. Trick is better on clefable as you have the potential to get leftovers or even life orb which either increases your survivability or increases your damage output without LO recoil.

2. Thunder wave will be better on Slowbro as from your team I can see that its quite slow. Thunder wave will help torterra do his subseeding better, help houndoom sweep (as its not the fastest pokemon) and will just generally be more of an annoyance to the opponent, moreso than light screen anyway.

Also, may I ask what the 120 speed evs on Hitmontop are for?

Nice Team! Some Feedback Though

Hi there, I can see some great potential and nice custom sets here :D
But you do need to make some tweaks and changes with the items, EVs and some of the movesets and so I'll try to be as helpful as I can. (Although I'm new to the forums I have some experience with UU/NU)

1. Rhyperior
First off, a pretty perfect moveset. Nice type coverage backed up by a sturdy base 140 attack. Stealth Rock really shines too.
But for the item, I'd like to give it Leftovers
Mostly because as a bulky lead, Rhypy would need the residual healing more than a 10% attack boost from Muscle Band.
For the EVs the 80 EVs in Speed should be put into either the HP/Def bulk or Attack. There aren't many threats to Rhypy that he would outspeed with the Speed EVs (except if you wanted a Rock Polish sweeper) and he already outspeeds Slowbro/King with his naturally faster base Speed (Rhypy has 40 while the Slows have 30)
Also, even with Solid Rock and the given SpD EVs, he wouldn't take super effective special moves that well. Instead, try to take advantage of his higher Defense and invest the EVs there, or put 'em into HP/Attk.

2. Houndoom
One of my favorite special sweepers :D
You could go for dual STAB and put in Dark Pulse instead of HP Grass. Quagsire is easily handled by Torterra not to mention a Nasty Plotted Dark Pulse (+Life Orb) can kill Quag with SR damage anyways. But with Milotic runnin' around as a common special wall of UU, it may be a nice niche in some situations.
Also the Passho Berry won't be that useful as much as a hard hittin' Life Orb. At a litttle cost of Doom's HP, he'd be wreckin stuff even harder in no time!
Finally I like the idea of Sucker Punch as it is STAB and kills of faster yet frail threats like Alakazam, Mismagius, Rotom, and pretty much anything faster than Houndoom but at low HP. However, to ensure KOs on these Pokes you'd probably have to change the nature to Hasty and put in about 40 to 100 EVs in Attack. It may cause a crucial SpA loss but from my experience, it's always worth it. (Does about 118% or so to a Alakazam with 100 Attk EVs)

3. Slowbro
Another one of my favorites. Funny that it's still named bro when it's female.

The item, EVs, and the moveset is near to perfect. The common physical wall in an epic design. However, I'd suggest (like the previous guy) Thunder Wave or Calm Mind in place of Light Screen. Although it does provide some backup bulk for the rest of your team, Thunder Wave cripples fast attackers while Calm Mind not only makes you more bulky, but attempt to sweep too! (If you just set up two or three and not get toxiced) Go for the bro.

4. Torterra
A neat SubSeeder. But when it comes to Seeding, Venusaur, Sceptile, or Jumpluff(YAY!) are better options. Venusaur as the nice overall bulk so here's an ideal set.

Venusaur @Black Sludge
Calm(+SpD -Attk) /Sassy (+SpD -Spd) use with Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Energy Ball/Power Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Sludge Bomb
The EVs would depend on what defensive stat you'd like to focus on (Def or SpD) or you could go for a 252/128/128 for balance.
Other options are Roar (like what you wanted), Earthquake for Steels (although that'd leave you helpless to fellow Grass types), or Leaf Storm for pure power (the -2 in SpA might becrucial in some cases).
If you want to keep your Torterra, put in Roar for Substitute and Def EVs instead of the Speed. Torterra is already slow anyways.

5. Hitmontop
I don't really get the SpD WallTop. I am aware of his awesome base 110 SpD stat and 95 Def, coupled with Intimidate, but his low base 60 HP and weakness to the common Psychic doesn't really qualify him as a 'wall'. Instead Clefable would do a much more better job as it has better typing and works great with Slowbro and Venusaur (if you use it).

ex) Any special Ghost, Dark, Electric, or Grass type move headed toward Slowbro is effectively blocked by Clefable or Venusaur, while a physical based Fighting move that would hit Clefable would be blocked by Bro. Fire and Ice for Venu is shooed away by switching into Bro, etc.

See the efficiency? So I suggest a change of EVs into Max HP, some Def (to effectively use Intimidate) a majority of Attack, but yet about 80 or so SpD. But it's just mostly up to your choice. Oh and Toppy won't be able to outspeed his counters even with some Speed EVs. So I'll explain some priority moves you could put in a bit later.
Go for Adamant for the nature.
Instead of Sitrus Berry, go for Lefties! (yet again)

You don't really need to use different items on all of your Pokes to be honest, 'cause most people don't set Item Clause in the rules.
Now for the moves, Rapid Spin is the key move, with coverage moves like Stone Edge with Sucke Punch or Pursuit, and your choice between Close Combat or Mach Punch. Sucker Punch is yet again, for Psychics and Ghosts, while Pursuit can work well with some nice predictions. I'd personally go for Sucker Punch because without Technician, Pursuit wouldn't be that efficient as SP does with Intimidate. If you want to go with Pursuit and Mach Punch, change your ability to Technician or otherwise stick with Intimidate.

6. Clefable
Ah, last but not least Clefable. Always such a pleasure.
With it's unique ability Magic Guard (Although now it's not so unique with 5th gen Dream World and Reuniculus) protects it from every single indirect damage in the whole metagame. Really cool and works well with Toxic Orb. As I mentioned before, switch the roles of Hitmontop with Clefable as Fable even takes a Focus Blast nicely while a Psychic on Toppy... meh...
The EVs are simple, Max HP, Max SpD. Nature would probably be anything from the choices of Calm, Sassy, or Careful. (Increasing Clefable's SpD stat while lowering her Attack, Speed, or SpA respectively.)
The moveset will probably be a choice between the moves Wish or Softboiled, Encore, Trick, Cosmic Power, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, or any SpA move if you want to put one in, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell, Seismic Toss.. etc.

Out of these, Wish or Softboiled are pretty mandatory, Encore locks the opponent to lock into one move (mostly a useless one) forcing switches, Cosmic Power is great once you set up lots and lots of 'em, the SpA moves for some coverage but I'd mostly prefer Grass Knot for troublesome Quagsire/Gastrodon or Shadow Ball for the Ghosts, Psychics we all hate(?). Seismic Toss is still a nice way of dishin' damage, and for support moves Trick is basically a prototype Toxic, Heal Bell heals the status effects that would've crippled some of your Pokemon, while Thunder Wave is just for crippling back, which is always good. Oh did I mention it can utilize SR and Double Screen? (but you have SR so meh..)
In my case I chose from the vertasile moveset and picked the following four.

-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss/Shadow Ball
-Encore
-Trick/T-Wave
Depends on the situation >_>

-Final Look-
Rhyperior: SR, defensive phys attacker
Houndoom: Nasty Plotting sweeper,revenge killer
Slowbro: Phys Wall and/or CM setup
Venusaur: Special Wall, Seeder
Hitmontop: Rapid Spinner, phys attacker, can revenge kill
Clefable: Special WALL, support/healer

Suggestions
Hitmontop- Try Hitmonlee as it can Rapid Spin too, or Hariyama for overall HP bulk and Whirlwind support. (maybe Guts sweeper)
Rhyperior- Donphan is cool as it can both set up SR AND Rapid Spin. STAB EQ with either Ice Shard or Assurance can be helpful
Houndoom- Ninetails is a sexier female version, with more bulk and Energy Ball. Not to mention it can utilize a support set of Confuse Ray/Will-o-Wisp/Flamethrower/Hypnosis or something.
Mismagius is great as it can Calm Mind/ Nasty Plot behind a sub and spam nice coverage between Shadow Ball, T-Bolt, or Hidden Power Fighting.
Clefable- CHANSEY. End discussion.. OR you can try Registeel with Curse/Rest/SleepTalk/Iron Head. Max HP and SpD if you do.

Counters:
Weezing- Not much to take care of it except Slowbro, but you can always stall 'em out with Clefable
Sceptile- With your original team, it would've killed everything but Hitmontop. Leaf Storm, HP Ice, Focus Blast, and Energy Ball from a LO/Specs Sceptile: overkill
Thankfully, Venusaur can now come in on even HP Ice thanks to it's special bulk and Sludge Bomb away. Clefable is good too, and Hitmontop or Houndoom revenge kill because of it's fragility.
Mismagius- Especially the SubCM one. HP Fighting could kill Houndoom, and some mind games with Sub and Sucker Punch would've been painful. Now with a better specially defensive backbone, it isn't much of a problem.
Absol- Slowbro can't take it that well, which is why Rhyperior can always block him and hit back with a super effective Megahorn. Not to mention a Mach Punch from Toppy is fearsome.
Milotic- Nicely walled now by Venusaur. If Torterra was still around, it would've probably dent a large hole in your team. (Ice Beam.. yeesh)
-Final Thoughts-
Omg, how did I write this lol..
I hope you enjoy your UU team, feel free to ask me questions or suggestions.
-Meheh Signing Out

Thanks guys, really interesting... thanks for the input. I think I need to sit on this for a day or to, special thanks to Speech Aide Meheh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)