Slowking (Dropping)

QC:
GP:

Overview
########

- Great mixed bulk allowing it to take attacks from both sides of the spectrum.
- Regenerator prevents Slowking from being worn down easily, allowing it to continuously switch-in throughout the match.
- High Special Attack stat prevents Slowking from being too passive.
- Slowking's typing leaves it vulnerable to the prevalent Knock Off.
- Extremely low speed causes Slowking to be outsped by other walls.

Choice Specs
###########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Trick
move 2: Scald
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Fire Blast
ability: Regenerator
item: Choice Specs
evs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

- Trick allows Slowking to cripple opposing walls by forcing them to select a single move to lock themselves into.
- Scald functions as primary STAB.
- Psyshock allows Slowking to muscle past Special Defensive walls.
- Fire Blast hits opposing Grass-types and Bug-types.

Set Details
========

- 44 EV's invested in Speed allows Slowking to outspeed uninvested Doublade, removing its Eviolite.
- Maximum investment in Special Attack.
- Remaining EV's are allocated to improve Slowking's bulk.

Usage Tips
========

- Try to catch your usual switch-ins such as Doublade with Trick to cripple them. Trick can also be used to prevent the opposing team from setting up.
- Try to prevent locking Slowking into a move the opponent can take advantage of.

Team Options
========

- Pokemon that can use the opportunites provided by the Choice locked opponent to set up, such as Meloetta, Drapion, or Virizion.
- Emboar and Slowking make a powerful wallbreaking core, hitting each of their respective weakneses extremely hard.
- A Ground type such as Mega Steelix or Rhyperior are great partners for Slowking, being immune to the Electric-type attacks that Slowking is weak to.
- Poison-types such as Amoongus, Garbodor, or Golbat pair well with Slowking, resisting its weakness to Grass-types. Amoongus also resists the troublesome Electric-types, while Garbodor can set up Toxic Spikes. Golbat can provide hazard control so that Slowking can take full advantage of its ability, Regenerator.

Defensive
########
name: Defensive
move 1: Scald
move 2: Psyshock / Fire Blast
move 3: Thunder Wave / Toxic
move 4: Slack Off
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

- Scald provides Slowking with a strong STAB move, with the added benefit of a chance to burn the opposing Pokemon.
- Psyshock provides Slowking with a strong secondary STAB move, allowing it to hit opposing Special Defensive walls, while Fire Blast allows Slowking to hit its most common switch ins being Bug- and Grass-types.
- Thunder Wave provides excellent speed control, crippling offensive teams, while Toxic alows Slowking to wear down opposing walls more easily.
- Slack Off provides Slowking with a reliable source of recovery.

Set Details
========

- 184 EV's invested in Special Defense allow Slowking to aviod the 2HKO from Mega Camerupt.
- The remaining EV's are invested into improving Slowking's mixed bulk.

Usage Tips
========

-Slowking makes an excellent switch in for a multitude of special attackers. Spread status to whittle down the opposing team throughout the match.
- Avoid strong physical attacks such as Knock Off as with little investment into physical Defense Slowking will take large amounts of damage.

Team Options
========

- Regirock makes an excellent teammate for Slowking, resisting the Bug- and Electric-types that threaten Slowking.
- Alomomola makes a good partner for Slowking due to its massive physical bulk. Alomomola also can provide crucial Heal Bell support to prevent status wearing down Slowking.
- Poison-types such as Weezing, Amoongus, or Golbat are useful partners, as they cover Slowking's weakness to Grass-types.
- Aromatisse covers Slowking's weaknesses to Bug- and Dark-types, while also providing useful Aromatherapy support.
- Hazard removers such as Golbat are a necessity, as hazards essentially nullify Slowking's ability, Regenerator.

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Scald
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Slack Off
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

- Scald is one of Slowking's STAB attacks, and it's burn chance gives Slowking opportunites to set up.
- Psyshock is Slowking's secondary STAB, hitting Specially Defenseive walls. Psyshock also helps Slowking to beat opposing Calm Mind users.
- Calm Mind allows Slowking to simultaneously raise its Special Attacking and Special Defensive stats.
- Slack Off allows Slowking to recover any damage sustained while setting up.

Set Details
========

- 248 EVs are invested in HP to maximize bulk while taking minimal entry hazard damage.
- A Bold nature and 252 EVs invested into Defense allow Slowking to more easily set up on physical attackers.
- Leftovers is used to provide Slowking with slow recovery, mitigating the need to use Slack Off too often.

Usage Tips
========

- Remove Dark-types and strong physical attackers before setting up.
- Avoid Toxic users such as Alomomola and Bronzong.
- Set up on burned physical attackers.

Team Options
========

-Aromatisee is an excellent partner for CM Slowking, being able to remove the Dark- and Bug-types that threaten to stop Slowking from setting up. Aromatisse also provides Aromatherapy support.
- Other physical walls such as Regirock and Rhyperior are useful in removing strong physical attackers such as Drapion that prevent Slowking from setting up.
- Toxic Spike setters such as Garbodor help to wear down the opposing team much more easily, providing Slowking with more opportunites to set up.

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TI

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey mate, you should use the standard/official format for analyses which is this:

Overview
########

OVERVIEW GOES HERE
YOU CAN DO IT PROS & CONS STYLE BUT THIS WILL LIKELY NOT BE THE FINAL FORM OF THE OVERVIEW SO MAYBE CONSIDER WRITING ONE

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

copy/paste that and then do all your work on it. Right now you have Other Options under a couple sets and all that, its a bit messy :o

AV is probably the last set (it is not good at all imo but w/e someone might like it but should have Future Sight + Dragon Tail) and the order should probably be
  1. Defensive (with physically defensive Spread as standard spread and the one you mention in set details) with Scald/Pyshock or Fire Blast/ Slack Off /Twave or Dragon tail)
  2. Calm Mind Physically Defensive (similar but plays differently)
  3. Nasty Plot Leftovers with Trick Room and or Just 3 Attacks (no slack off)
  4. Choice Specs
  5. AV
The Nasty Plot Leftovers set is not really something i have much experience with but i have used it quite a bit and it served me well, 49 or perhaps someone else can give you more input on it. With the other sets i have a lot more experience and you should definitely focus this analysis on how Slowking does well against some top tier threats like Megalix and Fighting-types which you dont do.

Ik this is still a wip but i just want to inform you of the direction this analysis should have asap

Thank you, I wasn't really sure what the set order should be. Was going to put CM + TR at the bottom because seemed outclassed by Reuni and Cress, but I'll fix the issues you presented tonight. Should be finished and ready for official QC imput at the latest tomorrow night, if I don't have time to complete it this evening. And please understand this is really not a reflection of the final result, as I'm mainly just placing preliminary sets before fixing them up and adding specifics and relevance.

My apologies once again, but I would like to drop this. I'm only really familiar with the defensive sets and I don't think I have enough experience with the other sets and the specific EVs and detail necessary, and I would hate to waste the QC's time when someone with more experience could be writeing this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)