OU Slowking

Homer Simpson has nothing on Slowking's doughnut eating ability.

Overview
========
With the devastating power possessed by special attackers such as Landorus and Mega Charizard Y, the need for Pokemon with good Special Defense has steadily increased. Coupled with Assault Vest and a good offensive movepool, Slowking is able to take on some of the most destructive special wallbreakers in the game and come out victorious. Its access to Regenerator, large offensive movepool, and base 100 Special Attack only strengthen its case as an Assault Vest user.

However, the Dark type's resurgence in attacking power has caused many issues for Slowking. Psychic, an already mediocre defensive typing, received another nerf this generation with Knock Off's Base Power increase. Fearsome attackers such as Bisharp, Conkeldurr, and Landorus all have access to this move, making Slowking's life considerably more difficult. Because of Slowking's low physical bulk, Slowbro is generally a more popular option. However, Slowking's high Special Defense serves it well against very strong special attackers, something Slowbro can't say. While keeping Slowking away from physical attackers may require a good bit of work, Slowking's ability to take special hits is definitely worthy of note.

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 1: Scald
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Dragon Tail / Psychic
move 4: Power Gem / Ice Beam
ability: Regenerator
item: Assault Vest
evs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 SpD
nature: Quiet

Moves
========

Scald is Slowking's best STAB move and is used to deter physical switch-ins. With the given EV spread, Slowking can absorb any of Landorus's attacks and have more than a 50% chance to KO it with Scald. Fire Blast allows Slowking take down Ferrothorn and Skarmory with relative ease and always KO Bisharp that lack investment in bulk. Dragon Tail is recommended to stop special setup sweepers such as Manaphy. The EV spread and Assault Vest allow Slowking to survive a +6 Energy Ball from Manaphy and force it out. Psychic is the best way to hit Mega Venusaur, which is commonly physically defensive, and allows Slowking to easily take down Keldeo. Power Gem allows Slowking to KO Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame in almost any situation. Thundurus is hit hard by Power Gem as well and never survives two hits. Alternatively, Ice Beam is a very solid way to deal with the Dragons in OU and hits Gliscor and Landorus harder than Scald.

Set Details
========

With the EV spread presented, Slowking avoids a 2HKO from Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam. The Special Attack investment allows Power Gem to knock out Talonflame and Charizard Y while also knocking out Bisharp with Fire Blast. A Quiet nature allows Slowking to use special attacks without losing out on Dragon Tail damage. As Slowking's Speed isn't really useful to begin with, the little bit of Speed that is lost is negligible.

Usage Tips
========

Slowking's bulk allows it to maneuver in and out on just about any special attacker. Its special bulk and good movepool allow it to be a very useful defensive pivot, applying pressure to the majority of the opponent's team. It can also scout most special attackers due to this major special bulk and regain a lot of health with Regenerator by pivoting in and out as a scout. However, when playing against Mega Charizard Y, it is advised that you be wary of using Slowking as a check, as Solar Beam can still take a great deal of its health.

Slowking does have the ability to take on some mixed attackers, but leaving Slowking in on any physical attack should be done rarely. Bisharp is an especially large nuisance, as it is able to OHKO Slowking with Knock Off or trap Slowking with Pursuit.

Team Options
========

Slowking appreciates Pokemon that can cover its Electric-, Bug-, and Dark-type weaknesses. Electric-type and Bug-type Pokemon that can use Volt Switch or U-turn can constantly check Slowking, ruining any chance of your team maintaining momentum. As such, Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, which can absorb these attacks with relative ease, make for great teammates.

Chesnaught has near-perfect type synergy with Slowking, as it resists Dark and Electric and is immune to Shadow Ball thanks to Bulletproof. Chesnaught's physical bulk coupled with Slowking's special bulk makes them even more compatible. Conkeldurr resists Dark-type attacks and is bulky enough to take many physical hits that would bother Slowking. Due to Slowking's Psychic resistance and special bulk, the benefits are mutual.

Lastly, Slowking resists Sylveon's Steel-type weakness, while Sylveon can easily shoulder Dark- and Bug-type attacks. As Slowking can only heal by switching and cannot get rid of status, Sylveon's cleric support is much appreciated.

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Thunder Wave
move 4: Slack Off
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========
Scald is perhaps Slowking's most spammable move, allowing it to keep physical attackers from coming in safely. Thunder Wave gives Slowking the ability to support the team by lowering the Speed of many common switch-ins, such as Latias and Venusaur. Between Scald and Thunder Wave, Slowking becomes incredibly difficult to switch in to. Psyshock allows Slowking to take on Keldeo and win in almost every situation, even against the rarer Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo. Slowking can also dent CroCune with Psyshock.

Set Details
========
The EV spread allows Slowking to survive two Sacred Swords from +2 Keldeo while maximizing its special bulk. Using Leftovers instead of Assault Vest allows Slowking to use support moves such as Thunder Wave and Slack Off.

Usage Tips
========
The only challenge this set can present is getting Slowking on the field safely. It has great special bulk, but it has an issue with the plethora of Knock Off users. Once in, Slowking can immediately apply offensive pressure through Scald and Thunder Wave. Psyshock cannot be spammed as easily on most occasions and should be reserved for hitting things currently on the field as opposed to threatening switch-ins.

Team Options
========

With Thunder Wave, Slowking allows slower wallbreakers to become devastating sweepers. In particular, Mega Gardevoir and Mega Heracross appreciate the Thunder Wave support on levitating Pokemon and Flying-types which are not affected by Sticky Web. The burn support from Scald is also useful for Gardevoir due to its lower physical bulk.

On more defensive teams, Gliscor is a fantastic teammate, as it can take advantage of slower Pokemon and hit Electric-types with Toxic. While Slowking can take Ice- and Water-type attacks from Pokemon such as Keldeo, Gliscor is able to absorb the Electric-, Bug-, and Grass-type attacks that bother Slowking. Pokemon that can do a great deal of damage to Slowking, such as Scizor, fear Gliscor's speedy Taunt set. Assault Vest Tornadus-T is a good partner for Slowking, as it takes care of a few stallbreakers Slowking can't cover, such as Landorus, unboosted Mega Gyarados, and Mega Heracross.

Other Options
########

Slowking does have the movepool to perform a few other roles. Slowking can use Trick Room effectively and beat Talonflame while doing so. Its ability to absorb Fire-type moves allows it to work well with Mega Abomasnow; however, Slowking is slightly outclassed by Slowbro if it isn't running Nasty Plot. Slowking also has access to Trick, as well as a base 100 Special Attack, so a Choice Specs set is an option. Slowking can also run Thunder Wave and Dragon Tail to parashuffle foes.

Checks & Counters
########

**Electric-types**: Electric-type attacks are generally unkind to Slowking. Rotom-W can pivot in and out of Slowking with relative ease and is not bothered by anything Slowking does. Other Volt Switch users, such as Mega Ampharos and Mega Manectric, fear little Slowking does and can steal momentum with Volt Switch.

**Dark-types**: Dark-type attacks are a constant issue for Slowking, as it rarely survives any physical Dark-type hits. In addition, any Knock Offs that it does survive will remove its Assault Vest, making Pokemon such as Landorus that Slowking would normally counter difficult matchups. Slowking is also vulnerable to being Pursuit trapped by Bisharp and Tyranitar; this is perhaps the easiest way to get rid of Slowking.

**Strong Physical Attackers**: Many prominent physical attackers, such as Mega Scizor, Azumarill, Mega Heracross, and many others, can force out or KO Slowking.

Last edited:
They don't want you to run defense ev's on this. I won't just regurgitate all of the comments that QC gave on my analysis, just read through the comments that they gave on that thread to see what you need to run. Feel free to take some of my comments and such, where they still apply to specially defensive sets, for example, 248 HP EV's.

Having used slowbro and slowking for a while, I can say the most special attack investment that can ever be needed is enough to take on ferrothorn. It just is completely impracticable in a physical metagame to run something with fantastic special defense and ignore the fact that almost all major threats you could run slowking against are physical or resisted on special. Talonflame, Azumarill, Landorus-t, Gliscor, Dragonite all are going to run physical, but you benefit from taking major tricksters like Garchomp, Infernape, Genesect (Though not generally good to stay in on), Venusaur-mega, aegislash that run mixed. The metagame remains too physical to look at the stats of slowking and go "Let's make him a better special wall" as you lose way too many opportunities to use him.

I would argue that the versatility given by still having better special bulk and barely losing out on physical bulk is what gives him inherent viability. However, I do concede the point on power gem (from the other thread). The only issue I have is that there should be better counters to ZardY if that specifically is why we'd use Slowking. I can't design a set short of AV that can takes two solar beams, and I can't make a set that OHKOs even with power gem.

Slowking's main draw is his natural special bulk not requiring an assault vest to be good, coupled with that access to dragon tail which is being undervalued. In a meta where more than half the threats are physical, he needs no investment to find him times to switch in, even vs special threats. The ability to have that defense prevents you from being forced out so constantly. And while regenerator does need to switch to work, you have to attack somewhere. Generally, a team is composed of two special attackers max, and one of them is generally electric (rotom-w/Thundy-i/Manectric-mega). And max SpDef AV Slowking almost feels like Goodra...

Edit: After checking, there is no way to OHKO ferrothorn with Fire blast if ferro goes max Spdef. I'm not seeing anything that I'm losing important KO numbers after running numbers through. 68 SpAtt allows a guaranteed OHKO on gliscor not running Special defense EVs. 120 SpA has a 2hko on Conkeldurr, but that doesn't matter as you shouldn't stay in past the switch and he can drain punch to ruin that. 180 special secures an OHKO on Aegi blade (which he needs some residual, about two rock switches [12%] otherwise). 216 guarantees an OHKO on both Lando forms running no special defense(Needed much more for Lando-t)

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The only issue I have is that there should be better counters to ZardY if that specifically is why we'd use Slowking. I can't design a set short of AV that can takes two solar beams, and I can't make a set that OHKOs even with power gem.
I have already provided an EV spread that avoids the 2HKO from Mega Charizard Y's Solarbeam about 98% of the time and OHKOes back with Power Gem ~70% of the time.

I said so in the other thread and i don't feel like repeating myself so if you want go check the previous thread, but here are the sets that Slowking should have:

Offensive Assault Vest
########
name: Offensive Assault Vest
move 2: Power Gem
move 3: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 4: Psyshock / Ice Beam
evs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 SpD
nature: Modest

Defensive Assault Vest
########
name: Defensive Assault Vest
move 3: Fire Blast / Ice Beam
move 4: Dragon Tail
evs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD

Power Gem is slashed alone on both sets because Mega Charizard Y is THAT important, and good checks to it are very sparse. Dragon Tail on the second set is mainly to phaze Manaphy, from which Slowking takes 46.8 - 55.4% at +3 with Energy Ball, so you can check it multiple times. Fire Blast is great for Mega Lucario, Aegislash (the tank set can't even 2HKO while you deal 84% min to max HP variants on Sword Forme), and Steel-types in general, while Ice Beam takes care of the Dragon-types and deals the best damage to Thundurus, Landorus, Landorus-T, and Gliscor. Psyshock could get a mention somewhere there, but i think the other moves are more important to deal with special attackers.

And to close this matter for once and for all. One of the main reasons to use Slowking over Slowbro is to check Mega Charizard Y, so the first set is built with this goal in mind. Slowking can check a few other Pokemon that Slowbro can't, but Mega Char Y is the most important. Also, you are not using Slowking for Dragon Tail, Dragon Tail only handles one special threat, Manaphy, which Slowbro can't even switch into because of its inferior special bulk. You are using Slowking for its superior special bulk and ability to check Mega Charizard Y, simple as that, so include the sets i posted and remove the ones you have, so that we can start discussing Slowking's best sets in the metagame.

I have now personally used all the sets listed, and to be honest, the only set of yours that has a ton of merit is the SpDef AV. Here's the issue: The lack of bulk may allow him to work somewhat on a BO team, but if I REALLY want to counter ZardY, I'm using TTar or Politoed. The defensive spread is so thin, he can't take anything physical, and any special hits are enough to wear him down to the point where he has to gain switches before fulfilling his job again.

The SpDef set is more useful, for sure. I stuck it in vs a Volcarona in a game I had won to see what it could do. The max SpA volc did plenty of damage, but bro avoided to 2hko.

252+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 152-180 (38.6 - 45.8%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Of course, King can't really win a fight vs most volcs but it was for science. I'll definitely include this set. However, I'd like to discuss at least the first set I have. That set, as you can tell by the defensive spread, is much better at staying in against a larger variety of targets. Just from this morning's 10 games with Slowking, I found 11 special attackers (mostly rotom/Thundyi, two greninja), 6 mixed attackers (Hydregion, Goodra, Aegislash X2, Tyranitar) and the rest being a mix of physical/clerics/supports (Spiker Skarms and Klefkis). Out of 60 pokemon. This was all on the suspect ladder, as I was assuming the loss of access to Lucario-mega would push up Zard-Y's usage.

I unfortunately failed to see one but the first set was getting wrecked so badly, I couldn't even justify using it. Someone else is going to have to hunt for Zard with that set, it really is awful in the defensive capabilities. It has a spot on Bulky offense, perhaps, but even their it would be outclassed by TTar as a ZardY stopper.

In short, you're telling me that King's two "best" sets are sets that the meta is not even caring for. One pokemon is checked by King's first set, and the second can squarely take on the majority of the special meta (A whole 28% of teams, roughly what I predicted at 33%... Then cut out all the rotom-wash and Thundyi and you're left with a very small percentage). The special set can have a place by a stand alone wall that compliments a cleric of some sort that may only be partially specially defensive. However, I just do not see the merit in this ZardY check set, as it requires a few more conditions.

A. The opponent staying in after the first kill (you cannot switch in... Fire blast+Solarbeam KO)
B. Stealth rocks to punish the opponent IF they switch out
C. No prior damage (Technically you need 60% always prior damage to lose here due to regen, but factoring in SR and the max damage role, You can only take 38% prior damage (regen 33%, SR 12%, meaning with SR up, you can take 5% more than Regen recovers.).
D. For an absolute OHKO, some luck or prior damage. This isn't terribly important since BO teams (where this set probably belongs) will have at least mach punch conkeldurr but on other teams, the option to miss that KO is there.

I'm willing to discuss this set at any length, but it isn't as good in practice as it is on paper.

Edit: also going to find a place to slash Power gem on the physically defensive AV set, if not just for the ability for it to beat Talonflame. While I have a feeling we'll be discussing whether or not to keep that one, I'd want to keep it updated as is for now.

Also will be adding the SpDef AV one right away, fitted first slot for now. (note that in your post you have leftovers... I was a tad scared until I read the title again and realized I did test the intended set).

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Of course Slowking doesn't have a lot of use, this is why it's a niche Pokemon. Also, Tyranitar can't deal with Mega Char Y as it gets wrecked by Focus Blast, and Politoed forces you to use a rain team and can't switch in before Charizard MEvolves.

I am not going to argue further about this, but those are the two sets i want to see, and i am not approving any set with a physically defensive spread.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it that big of a deal to just have both physically and specially defensive sets on the analysis?

I think that the psychic attacks are being undervalued. Right now, the best defensive Pokemon in the game is Mega Venusaur, and many teams slap it on as an end-all, be-all to water-types while also having really good use against fighting-types (and all non-bird attackers...).

Even without investment though, Slowking has a shot of 2HKO'ing an uninvested Venusaur.

4 SpA Slowking Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO

Psyshock does much less damage but...
Of course, when Luke is banned more Venusaur may run Specially defensive EVs, and also Slowking is outsped but--

For those who play Mega Venusaur, getting smacked for 40-50%+ on the switch-in is definitely problematic, lacking leftovers and needing to take extra turns to Synthesis. Breaking Mega Venusaur is often the difference between winning and losing a game, and the damage from a STAB psychic attack from Slowking can go a surprisingly far way in that goal.

Not saying that Psychic > Psyshock because Shock is obviously better for Conk, and we can't be sure what EVs will become dominant on Mega Venu as the metagame evolves luke is banned, but the Psychic attacks in general should be more highly valued just in the comments, because of these valuable strikes to what is one of the games' hardest to break Pokemon (who just loves switching into everything and anything that is a water-type).

All right, so the new strategy dex is going up very soon and there are several Pokemon, including this one, that do not currently have completed analyses. Ajwf, if you could please try to make this look presentable within the next day, that would be helpful. Please contact user darkie once you've made it look presentable (by that I mean "acceptable to be on-site") and refer to and update this pirate pad: https://www.piratepad.ca/p/dex_skeletons

This needs to be done by tomorrow afternoon (GMT -6), so make sure you get it done! If you can't make it look presentable in the next day, please say so in the pirate pad so someone else can make a quick skeleton of it. Thanks!

You left the pirate pad open to anyone to edit (Never a good idea btw) and it got trolled.
However, the last time I checked with Fuzznips (which was in the last week), the C&C team was still undecided about what sets to use. That is why this hasn't been worked on... I've been waiting for them to tell me which of the sets available were ones they wanted displayed.

You left the pirate pad open to anyone to edit (Never a good idea btw) and it got trolled.
However, the last time I checked with Fuzznips (which was in the last week), the C&C team was still undecided about what sets to use. That is why this hasn't been worked on... I've been waiting for them to tell me which of the sets available were ones they wanted displayed.
Yeah, we know. I apparently trust the human race way too much. We'll have a more reliable way of doing this soon, so just hang on.

Anyway, you only need one viable set for now, so you can just pick one of them and write it up into complete sentences in a pastebin or something.

Don't forget that there are no Pros and Cons sections in the actual write-up. Also, I don't believe you're allowed to use custom set names unless they're very well known and/or classic names (i.e. Britscor, Tobybro, CroCune, etc.), and unless I've been really out of the loop lately, "Kingmaker" and "Kingpin" aren't well known or classic Slowking set names. Those should probably be changed to "Physically Defensive Tank" and "Physically Defensive Assault Vest" or something (and you could probably just merge them, but that'd be up to QC).

Can you check this over then? I tried to read over a Copy-editing pokemon and just followed the general format. The set used is AlexWolf's SpDef Assault Vest. I didn't really separate a pro/con paragraph as was done in gary's copy editing but mentioned both in one paragraph... it's a WIP for a reason, I guess.

Here's what I got so far.
http://pastebin.com/QxwmRdqH

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
The only sets that Slowking should have are specially defensive with Assault Vest and special tank with Assault Vest imo. I have posted the spreads in the old Slowking thread if you want to include them.

I had been in touch with Fuzznip who said that he and the C&C team were going to discuss at some point what sets were needed. Being new to this, I was waiting for him to respond as I wasn't sure what was needed next. In all honesty, I can probably write up a sentence/paragraph form of whatever analysis(es) is/are needed by the end of the night, but I'm not sure what my next step should be.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I had been in touch with Fuzznip who said that he and the C&C team were going to discuss at some point what sets were needed. Being new to this, I was waiting for him to respond as I wasn't sure what was needed next. In all honesty, I can probably write up a sentence/paragraph form of whatever analysis(es) is/are needed by the end of the night, but I'm not sure what my next step should be.
no, we still need it in point form before you receive 3 QC checks. However, if youre satisfied with the analysis so far then change the thread tag to Quality control rather than WIP. Then we can work on stamping this.

Well, what do you need changed? I know Alexwolf isn't going to be satisfied with the current sets (He wants one other one added, a specific check to ZardY), and I haven't really heard any opinions on the Physical AV set, which I was probably going to delete. Tbh, I probably need to delete it, so I'll do that and just save it in a pastebin.

Edit: That pastebin

http://pastebin.com/BWC7cQz1

So as of right now, one set on (parashuffler) and one set off (Alex's specific ZardY check) are still a bit controversial. If you feel I SHOULD go and QC this, I'll move it but the sets to use have been in debate and I never saw any consensus on it.

We talked a bit on IRC. This might be subject to future change, but for now at least, make the only 2 sets an Assault Vest set with maximum Special Attack and a Physically Defensive set with Leftovers.

Can the AV set be changed to max HP and SpA? I really think all of that special bulk is completely overkill and not a smart way to utilize Slowking. Giving it max Special Attack makes it a harder hitting attacker (it's got awesome coverage) while still giving it the ability to check numerous special attackers in the tier. One of the reasons for all of that special bulk is in order to counter Charizard-Y, but this is not entirely the case. Here are some calcs:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 138-164 (35 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 150-178 (38 - 45.1%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

That is still a huge chunk of damage, so if Slowking takes a tiny bit of prior damage, it's not going to effectively counter this thing. Moreover, you don't OHKO back because:

4 SpA Slowking Power Gem vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 204-244 (68.4 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So yeah, I don't think it's even worth it. Slowking becomes such a sitting duck with that set so I'd rather see it carrying max Special Attack with Modest. I mean, Charizard still does:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 188-222 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So if you can predict a move other than Solar Beam, you can then potentially OHKO it because:

252+ SpA Slowking Power Gem vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 284-336 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

So really, you're gonna be in the same situation either way. I'm fine with a specially defensive spread being mentioned in the comments, but I think an offensive spread should be the primary option. Thoughts guys?

If you want to focus a Charizard-Y check, neither set is really worth considering and we'd have to defer to Alex's spread. The Spdef's focus was to be a catch-all over a Charizard-Y stop. If the bulk change is minimal enough with/without the AV that you think SpA Slowking would be a better catch all anyways, that's a different story. But this:

Offensive Assault Vest
########
name: Offensive Assault Vest
move 3: Fire Blast / Flamethrower
move 4: Psyshock / Ice Beam
evs: 216 HP / 252 SpA / 40 SpD
nature: Modest

Is probably the only one that should be considered in checking Zard-Y.

Alright, Ash Borer is too lazy to post, but he tested Slowking and came back with this set for Assault Vest:

Assault Vest
########
name: Assault Vest
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Dragon Tail / Psyshock
move 4: Power Gem / Ice Beam
item: Assault Vest
evs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 SpD

The Special Defense EVs and Calm nature allow Slowking to always avoid a 2HKO from a normal Aegislash's Shadow Ball, as well as anything weaker, like Thundurus's Thunderbolt. The rest goes into Special Attack, which conveniently OHKO's Aegislash in Blade Form. Scald is necessary for obvious reasons, and Fire Blast is extremely nice for being able to beat Aegislash like that. Dragon Tail stops CM users except for Clefable and is in general a very good move for the utility of phazing, but Psyshock is also great for hitting Keldeo, which you counter. The order on those could change. Power Gem is probably the best option in the final spot to hit Mega Charizard Y, as well as stuff like Thundurus hard enough. Ice Beam could be used, but it's inferior since this Slowking shouldn't try to deal with Garchomp and friends. Make this and Physically Defensive the only set. I'll come by with my own comments on the physically defensive set later.

Calcs:

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 164-194 (41.7 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
164 SpA Slowking Fire Blast vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 322-380 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
164 SpA Slowking Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 162-192 (54.1 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
164 SpA Slowking Power Gem vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 240-284 (80.5 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking: 156-184 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

There were minimal adjustments to be made as the set seems to play similarly enough to the specially defensive set to begin with. However, I'm not sure if you want me to post the calcs, and if so, where.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
yeah calcs dont need to excplicitly be in the analysis however mentioning that you can survive aegislash's shadow ball twice then OHKO it, as well take two mega charizard solarbeams and nearly KO with power gem in set details would be nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)