ORAS UU Slurpuff Bulky Offense!(Peaked #1!)

Hey guys! This is my third UU RMT posted in this thread. I come here with another successful Bulky Offensive team of mine. I did not try and ladder to the top as my other teams posted here did, but this team did achieve my Suspect test reqs. The basis of the team is revolved around a late-game Slurpuff sweep although the team can function beating teams on its own.

I did not post this team on the RMT thread looking for suggestions of huge changes to the team, but more to show it off to the community and consider basic changes.
Peak: https://gyazo.com/3b927b12cb0fb1c13e387663c3606d45

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen tends to be on a lot of my teams due to it fitting my bulky-offensive play-style perfectly. Nido can set up rocks as well as having 2-3 hit KO bulk and dealing massive damage to the whole metagame. Nidoqueen can single handily tear apart balance cores, especially with a typical florges core. Not only does Nido do well agasint balance, but does well against every play-style due to its versatility.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Protect/Roost

Ah Pidgeot, this pokemon is getting a little too good for UU. Pidgeot has a very good speed tier and hits hard as well as providing defog support for the team. Although defog might sound silly on an offensive pokemon, it works well due to how Pidgeot forces so many switches. The only reliable checks for this monster are Blissey, Rotom H Ampharos, Empoleon, and Snorlax, Umbreon, Florges to an extend. Most teams due not have a flying resist making Pidgeot go rampant on most teams.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Krookodile is my surprise stall breaker on the team. UU is extremely weak to ground types making a dual ground core tempting. Pursuit trapping as well as Choice banded knock offs on the whole tier rekt anything I do not Earthquake. Krook is another mon that pairs up well agaisnt every play-style due to its sheer power, pursuit trapping, and Intimidate. Another reason i really like Krook is Intimidate. Intimidate helps give Slurpuff a free Belly Drum on a physical attacker that had its attack lowered and sweep.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

The main reason I chose to ran Slurpuff is due to how many Pokemon it can setup on and its few counters in the tier. Slurpuff easily sets up on choice locked fighting, dark and Dragon types which dominate the tier. Especially Mienshao, Hydreigon, Heracross, Salamence, etc. The mons that can stop sweeps are Mega Aggron, Doublade, defensive Arcanine, Fortress, and Bronzong(and strong priority of course).

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar

I added Suicune on the team as a fire resist as well as a win-condition pairing up with slurpuff. Suicune is such a consistent pokemon its hard to go wrong. I chose Sub+CM over Rest Talk due to Subbing on status and not having to deal with sleep talk luck. Sub+CM can also beat stall by on its own due to Seismic Toss not breaking Cunes Sub.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Heliolisk was chosen as a bulky water counter as well as a way to get momentum with Volt-Switch. Heliolisk is very good in the tier due to its colorful move-pool and good SpA. Hyper Voice is a good Stab move providing great neutral coverage. Grass not destroys anything that Thunderbolt/V swtich would not destroy. Heliolisk is just a very good pokemon in the tier right now.

Threats to the team:
Beedrill: U turns on everything and can be really annoying. Need rocks up ASAP

Hope you guys like the team, any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Last edited:

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sup christo this is a pretty solid and there really is not that much that is wrong with it. The only thing I can potentially see is in the pidgeot set. I really feel like if you could find a slot to put Work up in it could help your troubles with umby and heck even lax to an extent. Id prolly squeeze it in over heat wave as you really dont have that many troubles with mega aggron as you have a suicune and a nidoqueen. And if you can get up a work up or 2 aggron can be simply just hurricaned to death if u have prior damage on it. That is the really only thing I see and you are a pretty esteemed UU player so I dont think I need to post a set for you, you can prolly figure out where you can fit work up in. Just a suggestion none the less, pretty solid team you have there.

EDIT: Another thought I just saw is that surf on helio could be an option on helio over grass knot as nidoqueen looks like a decent threat to you, more so than something like swampert in which gk could be for. And with a little prior damage surf can ohko queen

252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sup christo this is a pretty solid and there really is not that much that is wrong with it. The only thing I can potentially see is in the pidgeot set. I really feel like if you could find a slot to put Work up in it could help your troubles with umby and heck even lax to an extent. Id prolly squeeze it in over heat wave as you really dont have that many troubles with mega aggron as you have a suicune and a nidoqueen. And if you can get up a work up or 2 aggron can be simply just hurricaned to death if u have prior damage on it. That is the really only thing I see and you are a pretty esteemed UU player so I dont think I need to post a set for you, you can prolly figure out where you can fit work up in. Just a suggestion none the less, pretty solid team you have there.

EDIT: Another thought I just saw is that surf on helio could be an option on helio over grass knot as nidoqueen looks like a decent threat to you, more so than something like swampert in which gk could be for. And with a little prior damage surf can ohko queen

252 SpA Life Orb Heliolisk Surf vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Nidoqueen: 260-307 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hey, yeah on a more recent pidgeot team i am using work up> heat wave, never really thought of it when i was using this team; for sure the most optimal set for this team.
As for helio, every time i try surf, i want grass knot. So yeah haha

Hi Christo The Gr8 , interesting team.
I don't think Slurpuff can be a real threat for you since it can setup easily only vs Krookodile locked on Knock Off while the rest of the team check it enough. If you are not sure to stop it, I suggest you to give Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam to Nidoqueen in order to weaken its staying power, in case it could drum; also TSpikes are going to help Suicune vs other bulky waters. In order to deal with Snorlax without compromise the whole team you can think about Superpower > Stone Edge to Krookodile and Focus Blast > Grass Knot on Heliolisk. Krookodile can still hit hard several mons also without Stone Edge, like Gligar / Salamence / Mega Aerodactyl and others. Heliolisk can instead hitting in an optimal way Umbreon with Focus Blast, taking off guard it when it tries to check it. If you want to contain decently Mega Beedrill you have to make a change and I find a good answer in Mega Aerodactyl > Mega Pidgeot since its role is really near as mega pidgeot's considering it can defog, but it can also outspeed the bee.

Changes:

Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam
Superpower > Stone Edge
Focus Blast > Grass Knot
>

Set:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Hi Christo The Gr8 , interesting team.
I don't think Slurpuff can be a real threat for you since it can setup easily only vs Krookodile locked on Knock Off while the rest of the team check it enough. If you are not sure to stop it, I suggest you to give Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam to Nidoqueen in order to weaken its staying power, in case it could drum; also TSpikes are going to help Suicune vs other bulky waters. In order to deal with Snorlax without compromise the whole team you can think about Superpower > Stone Edge to Krookodile and Focus Blast > Grass Knot on Heliolisk. Krookodile can still hit hard several mons also without Stone Edge, like Gligar / Salamence / Mega Aerodactyl and others. Heliolisk can instead hitting in an optimal way Umbreon with Focus Blast, taking off guard it when it tries to check it. If you want to contain decently Mega Beedrill you have to make a change and I find a good answer in Mega Aerodactyl > Mega Pidgeot since its role is really near as mega pidgeot's considering it can defog, but it can also outspeed the bee.

Changes:

Toxic Spikes > Ice Beam
Superpower > Stone Edge
Focus Blast > Grass Knot
>

Set:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
As I stated, I was not looking for big changes to the team, as I know how well the team functions. I appreciate the Aerodactyl suggestion, and I have very much thought about it, but do not like it as a defoger. As for the other changes, Ice Beam is 100% needed on Nidoqueen as well as having two hazard slots takes away with the point of max speed nido(being very aggressive with it). SuperPower does not really help with Snorlax, as my way to deal with it is knocking off its Leftovers. I have never lost to a snorlax, although it is quite annoying to deal with. Focus Blast is interesting, although Grass Knot coverage is needed on Heliolisk to deal with Ground types effectively. I understand where you were coming from with these suggestions, due to my "Threat list", but having a move on a specific pokemon is useful for other pokemon not on the threat this too, meaning if I took that move off i would be making the team be weak to other mons without those moves.
And FYI, Banded Knock off puts Slurpuff does over half after stealth rock making it not able to get a belly drum off, krook is stong ha.

i would recommend superpower over stone edge on krookodile as your team is incredibly weak to curselax as you mentioned, and that does a solid amount of damage (81.2 - 95.7% to standard curselax), as well as nailing umbreon (84.7 - 100%). In addition curselax can simply rest off a burn.
Entei also presents a huge threat to your team, potentially burning cune, as well as nidos, so switching to crocune might be an option, but it does make set up bait for the less common puff, and you could argue it doesn't fit your team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)