1. The moderators of this forum are cant say, Hulavuta, and DragonWhale.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Tournament SM Kickoff Tournament! (Won by Theorymon!)

Discussion in 'Battle Spot Singles' started by Hulavuta, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Hulavuta

Hulavuta Trinity, stand tall.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Battle Spot Leader

why am I evil
    Anirav likes this.
  2. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

I gotta agree with the predicts. Theorymon has been bringing the heat, and DragonWhale is in really good form. I final between the two would be pretty hype.
    DragonWhale likes this.
  3. NOVED

NOVED twitch.tv/novedpoke
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Go DragonWhale!!
    DragonWhale likes this.
  4. Theorymon

Theorymon Let's a do the truffle shuffle!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

5. DragonWhale

DragonWhale It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

6. Hulavuta

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Battle Spot Leader

7. DragonWhale

is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

It's gonna happen sometime friday JST.
    Theorymon and NOVED like this.
  8. cant say

cant say Banned juicer.
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

send 2016 out with a bang
  9. bobochan

bobochan slow mo my bobo
    is a Contributor to Smogon

The finals we've all been waiting for, but not the one we saw coming. Both of these players have proven themselves to be true powerhouses of gen7, having fought each round in a bo3 against the very best and came out on top.

DragonWhale (JPN)
    Road to the Finals: P3DS, MagikaripIsOP, LegoFigure11, jroxas
    Without question senpai has had the easier road to the finals, with the last Australian Lego putting up a decent challenge before jroxas going all out and still failing in the semifinals. As the overlord of the Japanese room, DW gets to hang out and chat with the best group of players in Japan such as Yosshi senpai, udongirl san and haban kun. These players are so great that very few could challenge them (Jhon of GBR, Demantoid of USA and Brian12345 of [I'm not sure]). DragonWhale is in top notch form and it will be extremely difficult to take him down without the help of Lady Luck.

Theorymon (USA)
    Road to the Finals: 6tennis, cant say, NOVED, Hulavuta
    BSPL quality team right there, with the exception of 6tennis. This has got to be the toughest road to the finals one could ever have, with every round playing out like a potential finals. If 3 BSPL managers failed to stop Theorymon (which Hula even managed to bring down Jhon), then I don't even know who can. Theorymon has his own methods of playing the metagame and has successfully managed to give Hula headaches everytime they have to play each other. Theorymon has been a top player of battle spot since the inception of the game which puts him in the same generation as Jibaku and Montsegur. He may not be as dangerous as senpai, but is certainly one of the most solid player to date. How DW tries to break down this wall might be the key to victory for the Japanese.

It's come down to Japan vs USA, who will be taking the title and stand on the pinnacle of the gen7 ladder? And who will be joining Australia in the intensive training camp in 2017 so that they may get a better shot at future competitions? Find out next Friday!
    Jhon, Theorymon and Demantoid like this.
  10. 6tennis

6tennis

</3
  11. Hulavuta

Battle Spot Leader

>inception of the game
    >Montsegur
    >join 2014

rip yung 6tennis though 2016 - 2016
  12. Theorymon

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Just wanted to give an update: Me and DragonWhale are going to be battling at 11 PM EST Thursday (we had to work out our vast timezone differences lol).

Good luck DragonWhale ! Win or lose, I think I will enjoy this match :D
  13. Theorymon

I ended up winning the tournament o_O. Did not expect that! Here are the 3 matches by the way, it was fun using some stuff I've wanted to use for a while :D. Can't wait to see how this metagame develops post bank too, I've been having a ton of fun testing stuff out this gen!

Also everyone clap for DragonWhale , those were some really good looking teams. Glad he's using Mandibuzz too, that thing rocks and has given me a LOT of trouble this gen with a lot of teams I've made.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-507896338

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-507898550

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-507900732
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  14. DragonWhale

GGs.

Sad Mandi didn't perform the way I wanted it to. Apparently Theorymon was very well prepared for it (and he kept bringing the 3 pokemon who beat mandi and benched the 3 that loses outright, lol).

I'll have my revenge in the next tournament :pimp:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)