SM OU Teambuilding Competition Round 12: Alakazam (Building Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that said this weeks challenge is a single mon:

Offensive Celesteela

you have until next Wednesday (the 29th) to submit teams! Good luck.
Celesteela MUST be running its Z move+automotize or anything remotely offensive.

Last edited:

mulgokizary

Banned deucer.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Hyperspace Hole

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Now nobody will ever have to ask for the Metagross set in the OU room again. I made this team around a month ago because I figured that Non-Choice Locked Hoopa would be good for beating Scolipass and Trick Room easily, and I was facing a ton of each of them on the ladder. I tried EBelt and LO, but ultimately decided that Focus Sash was the best option and doubled down by adding Sashed Quiver Dance Pheromosa, which hadn't been explored too much at the time. Excadrill came next because it has a great matchups vs. a lot of rockers and can usually keep hazards off of the field. Then I just added Greninja and Metagross because they're that damn gewd and stacked spikes + applied pressure to rockers like Lando super easy to keep rocks off. The sixth slot shifted around quite a bit, but I finally decided on Sky Strike Celesteela for fun because it was underrated at the time + I needed a ground resist. Excadrill's EVs are probably funky but I never bothered to change them.

So gameplan is just lead with exca most of the time, rock and spin, force out whatever's in and possibly get up spikes with Greninja, and then just abuse your sashers to beat other teams by being able to take more hits than them and stay in on literally everything.

A friend and I used this team to ladder two accounts (HabajigaAlt2 and Habaniga BITG) to top 10 on the ladder with >90 GXE each in under 6 hours. It was very consistent at the time and was probably one the best teams I've made yet. Have fun with it!

Last edited:

So i thought that Scarf Nihilego was one of the best teammates possible for offensive Celesteela, since it handles things like Volcarona, Zards etc even at +1, which are insane threats for him, while weakening up things like Heatran who likes to switch into Nihilego.
Surf Latios allows me to get rid of Heatran and Banded Ttar easier since those two are major threats for Celesteela, while also bringing Defog support. Defensive Landorus-T is a pure beast, bringing momentum and rocks, but i don't think you need more explanations there.
Threw MGross + Keldeo there to deal with things like Lele and Ash-Greninja easier while being able to break things like Chansey that could give the team headaches before. Pursuit is also usable on Metagross to help trapping/weakening things like Latios, Kazam, Pheromosa (phero doesn't die to pursuit but gets heavily weakened), or even Chansey.
The team still has a hard time dealing with Shedinja Stall tho, since there are only 2 mons that can actually hit it since i prefer HP Ice over Edge on Lando these days. Koko also has a p good MU vs the team, but it's a nightmare for every offense anyway.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The idea for this team is basically balls to the wall HO. Mandatory Azelf followed by Max Attack Spikes Gren which pressures its normal switchins and helps me deal with hazard removers like Fini better. In general, the idea is that Fini really can't Defog on anything, and if it does, Celesteela or Mimikyu are going to come in and start setting up, so this team puts a lot of pressure on that as it is one of the most common hazard removers. Mimikyu was put in as a secondary wincon as well as a semi-okay spinblocker against Rapid Spin Pheromosa (annoying set), and it also is immune to Focus Blast/HJK, so Mimikyu can take advantage of it more easily. Scarf Chomp since Volcarona/Mence are lowkey broken, and finally Taunt Tapu Koko to prevent any other Defoggers from removing hazards/helps against opposing hazard setters (Taunt Koko leads amazingly against opposing Azelf, for example). Overall a fun HO team, not much to really say about it.

AbrarWasee

formerly Train All

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory
- Low Kick

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

So this team is based with the strategy of stacking hazard and weaken the opponent's team enough so that Celesteela may sweep. Chose the Flyinium Z set as it helps to get a KO for the Beast Boost. With a single Autotomize, Celesteela can outspeed majority of the tier. Earthquake instead of Giga Drain since this set doesn't take recoil from LO and hits mons like Tapu Koko, Heatran and Nihilego. Added Defensive Landorus-T for Stealth Rock, check to physical attackers, punishing U-turns and grabbing momentum by a slow U-turn itself. Max Att Spikes Greninja was added for additional hazard. It is incredibly useful for the team for it's coverage. Tapu Koko is there for pressuring water types and forming a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T. My team is now weak to to electric types as Landorus-T can be taken out with HP Ice with some prior damage. I also needed a scarfer. Garchomp effectively fills that role while also killing Ferrothorn and Scizor with Fire Blast. Lastly, my team was pretty weak to stall. It also needed another wincon incase Celesteela could not nail it. Mega Gyarados fills that role perfectly. It can setup on stall behind Substitute, and gives me a Physical wincon and a Mega which is rare in this Gen outside of Metagross. My team does not have any hazard removal but it didn't seem much when I played with it. Overall, the team was quite fun for me.

Hi guys! I'm completely new to this kind of competition so I don't know what level of standard my team needs. Please go easy on me if the team sucks;)​

Last edited:

you're beautiful (Celesteela) @ Flyinium Z
Rash Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Autotomize

the little things (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

i won't let you go (Tapu Lele) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

walk away (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Screech
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

try (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Bone

last request (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick

here's hoping dugtrio gets out of this tier, but it traps chansey/tran for celesteela, as well as mega metagross for lele, pex for keld and phero. keldeo was added for its synergy with celesteela, as celesteela easily switches in on psychic types that outspeed keld. marowak is here as an elec check and also checks the grass types that wall keld, also has good synergy with celesteela as cele has that nice ground immunity. keldeo also breaks water types for wak. lele helps pheromosa and the team by giving an immunity to prio, and also getting rid of grassy terrain for dug, as keldeo doesnt like taking repeated hits too much either. it also weakens a bunch of pheromosa checks.

basically u break shit with keldeo/lele/wak for pheromosa/celesteela to clean up.

my thoughts when building this are really messy so bear with me.

wanted to use Celes on HO becasue of the of the huge momentum swing it brings. keldeo used to be ninja but ninja isn't a ninja switch In. Then it was hoopa but hoopa is bad so now it's this. scarf keld revenges alot of things like mence, non scarf phero, koko etc. Metagross because it's broken and needs to be banned. Specs mosa used to be ebelt with spin but I didn't feel like removal was necessary since our most rock weak mon is only koko. the sash lando + koko core I stole from AM. It's probably my favorite suicide lead because unlike azelf - skarm it pressures stall. And i can't build without using koko so yeah.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Pheromosa @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Only one replay cause I don't save replays anymore unless it's stall or people I know.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-537282574

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

A more bulky offensive orientated offensive Celesteela squad that mainly releis on breakers such as Mega CHarizard X and Greninja to weaken down Celesteela's common answers. Lando-T is also nice as a great blanket check to physical attackes such as other Lando-T, Mega Gross, and Alolan-Marowak that all can threaten Celesteela out. I added Tapu Fini as a way to remove hazards for Zard and also to give my team a check to Ash-greninja. Tapu Koko is also here to help deal with offensive teams better and also can help with the stall matchup somewhat thanks to Taunt (alongside Fini of course). I noticed the team is weak to HP Ground Volcorona and that thing can easily sweep if it gets a boost, bu besides that I feel this team is solid due to how well each mon synergies with eachohter (especially with Celesteela), applying gboth offensive pressure and defensive pivoting at the same time.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 20 Atk / 232 SpA / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Modest Zard Y is trash. Scarf+Defog Latios does not qualify as a substitute for actual hazard control. Pursuit Bisharp is hot arse. Even with Duggy I'd still run Focus Blast on Zard considering that you can't create a total reliance on Duggy to eliminate them and still expect the team to be consistent even with a gimmicky Mimikyu set to help out (not to mention that this team has no difficulty beating Latios between Sucker Punch Duggy, Bisharp, Mimikyu and Scarf Latios--rendering this completely pointless). There are just way too many issues with this team for me to consider voting for it.
just wanted to say that i've been testing this all day since the suspect is over and nope, focus blast is still not needed, dugtrio really IS enough lol. the team has issues but focus blast is not one of them. i have more issues with sash duggy creating an overreliance on hazard control so maybe i should have run scarf on it instead, with toxic to stop things like lando-t and zygarde from setting up on it. yup.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Heatran @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic

Autonomize Celesteela is a fun set to run and can also be a potent sweeper under the right circumstances. Trapper Heatran eliminates mons like Chansey, Toxapex, Heatran who otherwise make it tough for Celesteela to sweep. Mega-sableye is a great mon right now and the calm mind set can easily sweep unprepared teams, Heatran can also check most fairies who give mega-sableye problems. Tank chomp is there to set rocks and help handle mega metagross who otherwise can be annoying. Belly drum azumarill is another fun set that can pick off weakened pokes or frailer threats (mosa) prior to a belly drum or can become a win con after setting up. Z belly drum ensures you get back to full health before losing the 50% and it sets up on some of the bigger threats in the tier currently (bb greninja, mosa without hp electric, lando). Mantine wraps the team up with defog support and solid overall bulk. The team has fared pretty well, though the combo of lele and quiver mosa can be problematic.

Max speed, max spa on steela lets you beast boost spa while hitting 442 spe after autonomize which outruns non scarf mosa. Heatran is bulky spd to better eat special attacks from pex, fini, lele, other heatran. Magma storm+toxic+taunt allows you to beat chansey assuming you hit a few magma storms. Shed shell allows you to avoid being trapped by Dugtrio. Mega saby has def evs since youre boosting spd and will-o-wisp helps check physical threats. Tank chomp is rocky helmet to chip away at physical attackers, dragon tail helps phase and nails switch-ins. Swords dance is there so that things like lando-t cant play around you with intimidates. Azu is max hp, max att as its not going to be outrunning much anyway and the extra bulk is appreciated when setting up belly drum. Knock off is for utility and nailing switch-ins if you dont want to belly drum early game. Mantine is standard max hp, max def, scald can threaten physical mons and toxic can help wear down bulkier mons like zapdos.

Last edited:
Hi I literally only play RU and I've built Chansey HO

Himitsu (Celesteela) @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Choujin (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Shuriken (Greninja) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Kaizoku (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Tokumei (Dugtrio) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

Battle Fever (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

Happened to build this team because Celesteela is just such a dope Pokemon to play with, honestly. Was not sure where to start, but I decided to go with Mega Pinsir as suggested on this post by AM. Steela and M-Pins are quite effective at wearing down teams for each other, which is pretty dope. Next thing was looking for a spiker, and Greninja seemed to be a good fit. Standard fare for offensive Spikes, from what I can tell. Gunk Shot chunks Tapu Fini to dissuade it from defogging, Ice Beam hits Lando and Chomp, and Hydro Pump is just strong. EV spread guarantees the KO on Tapu Fini with Gunk Shot provided it switches into Hydro Pump after rocks. From here I went for Special Pheromosa as my spinner. I used to run Physical, but went to special as suggested by Colonel M in order to avoid using HJK / Rocky Helmet recoil. I previously had Focus Sash Dugtrio, but I kept having a few problems with Tapu Koko and Volcarona. So instead, I decided to sacrifice any sort of chivalry and respect towards my opponent and run Scarf Dugtrio to trap my aforementioned threats. Edgequake is good coverage, Memento helps steela / m-pins set up a tad easier, and Aerial Ace hits Pheromosa the hardest. Since I've apparently dug a hole deep enough with teambuilding, I happened to notice I kinda just lose to Ash-Greninja (plus I didn't have rocks since doug was scarf). So after trying stuff like Colbur Berry Jirachi, Ferrothorn, and even specially defensive Cradily at one point (wish that worked, honestly), I settled with a motherfucking Chansey. It's honestly just there to sponge special hits from stuff like Tapu Koko and the like provided I misplay with Dugtrio. Rocks / Soft-Boiled / Stoss is standard Chansey stuff, and Healing Wish is pretty cool if I happen to be in a match-up where I require to heal up one of my mates more than keeping Chansey alive).

Last edited:
With that said this weeks challenge is a single mon:

Offensive Celesteela

you have until next Wednesday (the 29th) to submit teams! Good luck.
Celesteela MUST be running its Z move+automotize or anything remotely offensive.
Don't you mean the 1st of March? There are only 28 days in this year's February.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Hyperspace Hole

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gunk Shot

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Now nobody will ever have to ask for the Metagross set in the OU room again. I made this team around a month ago because I figured that Non-Choice Locked Hoopa would be good for beating Scolipass and Trick Room easily, and I was facing a ton of each of them on the ladder. I tried EBelt and LO, but ultimately decided that Focus Sash was the best option and doubled down by adding Sashed Quiver Dance Pheromosa, which hadn't been explored too much at the time. Excadrill came next because it has a great matchups vs. a lot of rockers and can usually keep hazards off of the field. Then I just added Greninja and Metagross because they're that damn gewd and stacked spikes + applied pressure to rockers like Lando super easy to keep rocks off. The sixth slot shifted around quite a bit, but I finally decided on Sky Strike Celesteela for fun because it was underrated at the time + I needed a ground resist. Excadrill's EVs are probably funky but I never bothered to change them.

So gameplan is just lead with exca most of the time, rock and spin, force out whatever's in and possibly get up spikes with Greninja, and then just abuse your sashers to beat other teams by being able to take more hits than them and stay in on literally everything.

A friend and I used this team to ladder two accounts (HabajigaAlt2 and Habaniga BITG) to top 10 on the ladder with >90 GXE each in under 6 hours. It was very consistent at the time and was probably one the best teams I've made yet. Have fun with it!

So i thought that Scarf Nihilego was one of the best teammates possible for offensive Celesteela, since it handles things like Volcarona, Zards etc even at +1, which are insane threats for him, while weakening up things like Heatran who likes to switch into Nihilego.
Surf Latios allows me to get rid of Heatran and Banded Ttar easier since those two are major threats for Celesteela, while also bringing Defog support. Defensive Landorus-T is a pure beast, bringing momentum and rocks, but i don't think you need more explanations there.
Threw MGross + Keldeo there to deal with things like Lele and Ash-Greninja easier while being able to break things like Chansey that could give the team headaches before. Pursuit is also usable on Metagross to help trapping/weakening things like Latios, Kazam, Pheromosa (phero doesn't die to pursuit but gets heavily weakened), or even Chansey.
The team still has a hard time dealing with Shedinja Stall tho, since there are only 2 mons that can actually hit it since i prefer HP Ice over Edge on Lando these days. Koko also has a p good MU vs the team, but it's a nightmare for every offense anyway.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Low Kick

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The idea for this team is basically balls to the wall HO. Mandatory Azelf followed by Max Attack Spikes Gren which pressures its normal switchins and helps me deal with hazard removers like Fini better. In general, the idea is that Fini really can't Defog on anything, and if it does, Celesteela or Mimikyu are going to come in and start setting up, so this team puts a lot of pressure on that as it is one of the most common hazard removers. Mimikyu was put in as a secondary wincon as well as a semi-okay spinblocker against Rapid Spin Pheromosa (annoying set), and it also is immune to Focus Blast/HJK, so Mimikyu can take advantage of it more easily. Scarf Chomp since Volcarona/Mence are lowkey broken, and finally Taunt Tapu Koko to prevent any other Defoggers from removing hazards/helps against opposing hazard setters (Taunt Koko leads amazingly against opposing Azelf, for example). Overall a fun HO team, not much to really say about it.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Extrasensory
- Low Kick

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

So this team is based with the strategy of stacking hazard and weaken the opponent's team enough so that Celesteela may sweep. Chose the Flyinium Z set as it helps to get a KO for the Beast Boost. With a single Autotomize, Celesteela can outspeed majority of the tier. Earthquake instead of Giga Drain since this set doesn't take recoil from LO and hits mons like Tapu Koko, Heatran and Nihilego. Added Defensive Landorus-T for Stealth Rock, check to physical attackers, punishing U-turns and grabbing momentum by a slow U-turn itself. Max Att Spikes Greninja was added for additional hazard. It is incredibly useful for the team for it's coverage. Tapu Koko is there for pressuring water types and forming a VoltTurn core with Landorus-T. My team is now weak to to electric types as Landorus-T can be taken out with HP Ice with some prior damage. I also needed a scarfer. Garchomp effectively fills that role while also killing Ferrothorn and Scizor with Fire Blast. Lastly, my team was pretty weak to stall. It also needed another wincon incase Celesteela could not nail it. Mega Gyarados fills that role perfectly. It can setup on stall behind Substitute, and gives me a Physical wincon and a Mega which is rare in this Gen outside of Metagross. My team does not have any hazard removal but it didn't seem much when I played with it. Overall, the team was quite fun for me.

Hi guys! I'm completely new to this kind of competition so I don't know what level of standard my team needs. Please go easy on me if the team sucks;)

you're beautiful (Celesteela) @ Flyinium Z
Rash Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Autotomize

the little things (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

i won't let you go (Tapu Lele) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

walk away (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Screech
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

try (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Bone

last request (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick

here's hoping dugtrio gets out of this tier, but it traps chansey/tran for celesteela, as well as mega metagross for lele, pex for keld and phero. keldeo was added for its synergy with celesteela, as celesteela easily switches in on psychic types that outspeed keld. marowak is here as an elec check and also checks the grass types that wall keld, also has good synergy with celesteela as cele has that nice ground immunity. keldeo also breaks water types for wak. lele helps pheromosa and the team by giving an immunity to prio, and also getting rid of grassy terrain for dug, as keldeo doesnt like taking repeated hits too much either. it also weakens a bunch of pheromosa checks.

basically u break shit with keldeo/lele/wak for pheromosa/celesteela to clean up.

my thoughts when building this are really messy so bear with me.

wanted to use Celes on HO becasue of the of the huge momentum swing it brings. keldeo used to be ninja but ninja isn't a ninja switch In. Then it was hoopa but hoopa is bad so now it's this. scarf keld revenges alot of things like mence, non scarf phero, koko etc. Metagross because it's broken and needs to be banned. Specs mosa used to be ebelt with spin but I didn't feel like removal was necessary since our most rock weak mon is only koko. the sash lando + koko core I stole from AM. It's probably my favorite suicide lead because unlike azelf - skarm it pressures stall. And i can't build without using koko so yeah.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Autotomize

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm

Pheromosa @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Only one replay cause I don't save replays anymore unless it's stall or people I know.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-537282574

A more bulky offensive orientated offensive Celesteela squad that mainly releis on breakers such as Mega CHarizard X and Greninja to weaken down Celesteela's common answers. Lando-T is also nice as a great blanket check to physical attackes such as other Lando-T, Mega Gross, and Alolan-Marowak that all can threaten Celesteela out. I added Tapu Fini as a way to remove hazards for Zard and also to give my team a check to Ash-greninja. Tapu Koko is also here to help deal with offensive teams better and also can help with the stall matchup somewhat thanks to Taunt (alongside Fini of course). I noticed the team is weak to HP Ground Volcorona and that thing can easily sweep if it gets a boost, bu besides that I feel this team is solid due to how well each mon synergies with eachohter (especially with Celesteela), applying gboth offensive pressure and defensive pivoting at the same time.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 20 Atk / 232 SpA / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Defog

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Heatran @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Swords Dance

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic

Autonomize Celesteela is a fun set to run and can also be a potent sweeper under the right circumstances. Trapper Heatran eliminates mons like Chansey, Toxapex, Heatran who otherwise make it tough for Celesteela to sweep. Mega-sableye is a great mon right now and the calm mind set can easily sweep unprepared teams, Heatran can also check most fairies who give mega-sableye problems. Tank chomp is there to set rocks and help handle mega metagross who otherwise can be annoying. Belly drum azumarill is another fun set that can pick off weakened pokes or frailer threats (mosa) prior to a belly drum or can become a win con after setting up. Z belly drum ensures you get back to full health before losing the 50% and it sets up on some of the bigger threats in the tier currently (bb greninja, mosa without hp electric, lando). Mantine wraps the team up with defog support and solid overall bulk. The team has fared pretty well, though the combo of lele and quiver mosa can be problematic.

Max speed, max spa on steela lets you beast boost spa while hitting 442 spe after autonomize which outruns non scarf mosa. Heatran is bulky spd to better eat special attacks from pex, fini, lele, other heatran. Magma storm+toxic+taunt allows you to beat chansey assuming you hit a few magma storms. Shed shell allows you to avoid being trapped by Dugtrio. Mega saby has def evs since youre boosting spd and will-o-wisp helps check physical threats. Tank chomp is rocky helmet to chip away at physical attackers, dragon tail helps phase and nails switch-ins. Swords dance is there so that things like lando-t cant play around you with intimidates. Azu is max hp, max att as its not going to be outrunning much anyway and the extra bulk is appreciated when setting up belly drum. Knock off is for utility and nailing switch-ins if you dont want to belly drum early game. Mantine is standard max hp, max def, scald can threaten physical mons and toxic can help wear down bulkier mons like zapdos.

Hi I literally only play RU and I've built Chansey HO

Himitsu (Celesteela) @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Choujin (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Shuriken (Greninja) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Kaizoku (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Tokumei (Dugtrio) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

Battle Fever (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish

Happened to build this team because Celesteela is just such a dope Pokemon to play with, honestly. Was not sure where to start, but I decided to go with Mega Pinsir as suggested on this post by AM. Steela and M-Pins are quite effective at wearing down teams for each other, which is pretty dope. Next thing was looking for a spiker, and Greninja seemed to be a good fit. Standard fare for offensive Spikes, from what I can tell. Gunk Shot chunks Tapu Fini to dissuade it from defogging, Ice Beam hits Lando and Chomp, and Hydro Pump is just strong. EV spread guarantees the KO on Tapu Fini with Gunk Shot provided it switches into Hydro Pump after rocks. From here I went for Special Pheromosa as my spinner. I used to run Physical, but went to special as suggested by Colonel M in order to avoid using HJK / Rocky Helmet recoil. I previously had Focus Sash Dugtrio, but I kept having a few problems with Tapu Koko and Volcarona. So instead, I decided to sacrifice any sort of chivalry and respect towards my opponent and run Scarf Dugtrio to trap my aforementioned threats. Edgequake is good coverage, Memento helps steela / m-pins set up a tad easier, and Aerial Ace hits Pheromosa the hardest. Since I've apparently dug a hole deep enough with teambuilding, I happened to notice I kinda just lose to Ash-Greninja (plus I didn't have rocks since doug was scarf). So after trying stuff like Colbur Berry Jirachi, Ferrothorn, and even specially defensive Cradily at one point (wish that worked, honestly), I settled with a motherfucking Chansey. It's honestly just there to sponge special hits from stuff like Tapu Koko and the like provided I misplay with Dugtrio. Rocks / Soft-Boiled / Stoss is standard Chansey stuff, and Healing Wish is pretty cool if I happen to be in a match-up where I require to heal up one of my mates more than keeping Chansey alive).

Voting phase ends on the 4th

Voting team 1.

As much as I dislike that kind of hyper offensive playstyle it is very easy and user friendly. Great for newer players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)