SM OU Teambuilding Competition Round 12: Alakazam (Building Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build phase is now over. With the exception of one team that was disqualified here are the teams for this round:

So basically the idea of this team is dealing a ton of damage to Gengar checks then sweep with it, which is the goal for many HO that uses Scarf Gar.
Mamoswine is imo one the best rockers rn, since it destroys most commonly used rockers such as Landorus-Therian or Heatran, which often forces your opponent to lead with another mon meaning that rocks will not be up on your side early-game, and it also functions as a strong wallbreaker to help other mons to sweep.
The rest of the team was pretty straightforward, with the Specs Poney + SD Firium Z Chomper to obliterate annoying walls such as Skarmory or Celesteela and put them in Gengar's range kill.
Since i had huge problems with Venusaur-Mega and Psychic spam i added AV Tornadus-T and MegaGross which really helps giving momentum and wallbreaking even more. Since i have trouble dealing with MegaGross myself i prefered using 96 EV in SpA with Heat Wave on Tornadus-Therian which allows him to 2HKO MegaGross reliably, while also dealing more damage with Hurrimiss.

As you can probably see, this team really looks ORAS-like, but well who needs gen7 mons when you can use broken mons from past generations ?

Jean-Jarre (Gengar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Im so fat (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Pony Play (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Chomper (Garchomp) @ Firium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Tornadust (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 160 HP / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gross (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Mod Edit: Fixed the eye gouging sprites. Please use smaller item sprites next time lol

Spookmaster (Gengar) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick

The Green Bastard (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Roost

Peter Zygarde (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Coil
- Substitute

Hot Pie (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 148 HP / 16 Def / 16 SpA / 88 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Prismatic Runner (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Surfin Burd (Tornadus-Therian) @ Wide Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

I've never liked Gengar in past gens (too squishy) but who knew having no switch-ins would change my mind! Specs Gengar is best for mindlessly spamming Shadow Ball (that is what you're doing with him right?). Mega Scizor has established itself as Gengar's best buddy and provides Gengar with a slow, sturdy U-turn to get him in safely. Pursuit also traps many base 110 speed mons to avoid the dreaded speed tie. Zygarde provides a special attack answer, set up sweeper, and stall killer. Heatran sets up rocks, spreads toxic and burns, and provides another fairy/psychic switch in. If heatran gets trapped and killed by Duggy it allows other team mates to come in and set up for free (Zygarde and Scizor in particular). Keldeo is my revenge killer and provides a one time switch in to specs Greninja. Tornadus gives me a ground immunity, which this team needed, as well as a solid lead and tons of utility. This team excels at breaking stall but has game against most of the meta and has become one of my bread-and-butter teams. Hope you all like it :)

file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Brunen/Downloads/Gen7OU-2017-03-06-expertoccultist-anchovypizza.html
file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Brunen/Downloads/Gen7OU-2017-03-06-expertoccultist-onimonogatari.html (Gengar must be good if Pursuit Duggy is used)
file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Brunen/Downloads/Gen7OU-2017-03-06-surgeknight-expertoccultist.html (Huh, I see a trend)
file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Brunen/Downloads/Gen7OU-2017-03-06-expertoccultist-frubblez.html (skip past turn 50)
file:///C:/Users/Brian%20Brunen/Downloads/Gen7OU-2017-03-07-expertoccultist-tayles.html (breakin that stall)

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Ever been laddering in OU and thinking "Man, Pheromosa is so busted, I just lose to it" or "I should have prepared for Volcarona, I just lose to it?" Well, worry no longer! This is the Bug Killer team! I made this team awhile ago, saw teambuilding thing was for Gengar, so I thought I may as well share it.

Gengar is a fun mon to use, and it also manages to check Pheromosa. I used Specs to boost Gengar's power, as I found its power without it to be underwhelming. Gengar's role on the team is to dent holes so Mega Metagross, Rotom-Heat, or Zygarde can clean up.

Sp. Def Zygarde was selected as an anti Stall mon. It also provided an answer to Volcarona, Heatran, and Zard Y, and a solid win condition overall. Things that Gengar doesn't like, like Celesteela and Heatran, are set up fodder for Zygarde. Gengar also helps out Zygarde in dealing with Tapu Fini and Tangrowth.

I noticed the duo was weak to Tapu Lele, so I threw in Mega Metagross since the thing is busted. It punches holes in a lot of things, and the constant pressure Megagross + Gengar leaves lots of things to become severely weakened. Bullet Punch on Mega Meta is another way of dealing with Pheromosa on this team.

Lando-T and Mantine is the defensive core, Lando-T provides Rocks and a VoltTurn core with Rotom-Heat, Mantine provides Defog support and completely walls Volcarona and any Pheromosa set that doesn't have HP Electric. Pretty self explanatory in what they do.

Rotom-Heat may raise an eyebrow or two, but I found it to actually fit in quite nicely. The team lacked Electric and Fire type attacks, as well as a Volt Switch user, so I threw in Rotom-Heat. It's a soft check for Pheromosa (It can live HJK from full, resists non Fighting moves), Mega Metagross, Greninja, and it counters HP Ice Lando-T and Mega Scizor. It's also annoying for Volcarona to deal with, an Electric resist and a 3rd Ground immunity. Trick helps in the Stall matchup, as eventually Mega Sableye will go down and Rotom can cripple something for the rest of the match. Last move slot is flexible. I found myself changing it depending on how I felt at the time. HP Ice for Lando-T, Chomp, Zygarde, HP Ground for Heatran, HP Rock for Volcarona and Zard Y, and Thunderbolt as a better Electric attack are all options for it. 90% of the time you click Overheat or Volt Switch anyway though lol.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-543038067

More will be edited in tomorrow cause I'm tired, have that one for now

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Ivs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

This is a team that is divided into 3 choices with an original touch. Gengar is the compulsory pokemon. Primarina to overcome things like Weavile or Bisharp. Spam Dark type. Hp Fire for Ferro. Zard x is the best option and mega. LandoT the emblem of the tier and my SR user move z. Tapu Bulu + Zone great core. Trap Skarm / Ferro (no Shed Shell)

Death Worm (Pheromosa) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz

Spooky (Gengar) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Sabretooth (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Cocoon (Tapu Lele) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Ironhide (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Undertaker (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This team is built around the core of Quiver Dance Pheromosa+Life Orb Gengar. Gengar is a strong Special Attacker which is capable of bringing down opposing walls and tanks. I am using Life Orb Gengar as it has the extra power than Choice Scarf and does not get itself locked into a single move like Choice Specs. I am using Thunderbolt in the last slot to bring down bulky Water and Steel-types like Celesteela, Skarmory and Mantine. Pheromosa is a solid wincon in general. Pheromosa benefits from Gengar's profound ability to break down walls and stall teams alike, while it breaks down offense. I am using Focus Sash on Pheromosa instead of Fightinium Z as it guarantees a Quiver Dance. Physically Defensive Landorus-T was chosen as it is a great Stealth Rock user, check to Physical attackers and U-turn users, and for providing U-turn itself which is helpful considering the frailness of my team. Tapu Lele was chosen because Psychic Terrain deters priority users, and it can bring down Pokemons that wall my team such as Toxapex and Mega Venusaur. Stallbreaker set was chosen for breaking Stall teams and eases prediction unlike the Choice Scarf set. Taunt prevents healing moves and status, allowing Tapu Lele to function as a good stallbreaker. I wanted a switchin to Dragon-types and Choice Scarf users. I went with Mega Metagross as it gives my team a mega, and it has good synergy with Psychic Terrain from Tapu Lele to fire off strong Zen Headbutts. I chose Bullet Punch in the last slot as it is a nice priority STAB move able to pick off weakened threats that naturally outspeed Mega Metagross, such as Weavile, Pheromosa, and Tapu Koko, if they are sufficiently weakened. The lack of Thunder Punch or Ice Punch isn't noticed that much since Gengar has Thunderbolt and Pheromosa has Ice Beam. I wanted a Volcarona check as it is 6-0ed by Volcarona at +1, a hazard remover to keep Pheromosa's Focus Sash intact and a fast cleaner which can come in after Pheromosa is KOed while attempting to sweep and continue where it left off. Choice Scarf Excadrill was added due to its role compression. The objective of this team is to remove or weaken sufficiently Pheromosa's checks and counters prior to a sweep, but preserve sheer offensive pressure in that process.

Gyarados @ Flyinium-Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-T @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

Hi, so this is an HO team I made around Z-Bounce Gyarados, an extremely potent sweeper with insanely high snowballing potential, and Spikes Greninja. The combination is pretty hard to stop considering how good Spikes are in the current metagame and how easy it is for Gyarados to setup and start snowballing with Moxie. I wanted to take an HO route with this team since you want to play aggressively with these two, so I decided to go with the more offensive SR + SD Lando set to function as a supplementary breaker for Gyarados. Yache Berry is a cool tech that's nice for catching Tapu Koko (and to a lesser extent Thundurus) off guard and eliminating them as they're pretty threatening as a whole to this team. Tapu Koko + Mega Metagross came next together since they both function as great offensive glues that take on a wide swath threats and are just great Pokemon with little to no drawback for using them. Finally, Gengar finished off the team as a pretty decent scarfer since we all know how there are 0 sturdy ghost resists in the tier which makes spamming Shadow Ball lategame an easy task. Another neat tech is the use of Destiny Bond which is honestly a great move on a 'mon like Gengar. Destiny Bond gives Gengar the ability to virtually take out any boosted threat that it can't KO off the bat such as Zard X, Phermosa, Volcarona, Celesteela, Landorus-T, Zygarde, you get the idea. Again, you have to play pretty aggresively with this team to avoid being eaten by Greninja and the other ridiculous threats in the tier.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak

With Gengar, I thought the best way to go about it was spike-stacking, since I already had a spinblocker. I was playing around with Spikes Greninja, but I decided that it wasn't worth it when I had a Ferrothorn. Added double dance Lando-T as a win-condition. This was originally my z-move mon, but I later added Yache berry as an electric check. Gengar is really frail, so I went with Tapu Lele to help with preventing priority. With Lele's addition, Mega Alakazam looked like a natural fit to shit on everything with terrain boosted Psychics. Knock Off was suggested by Nedor (for Celesteela? I think) although I never once saw it after adding it ]: HP Fire for Mega Scizor which is a huge threat esp the bulky variants with roost. HP Fire was originally on Tapu Lele but after a tough match against stall I put Taunt on it, so I didn't have the slot. I tried Timid natures on Mega Alakazam but ultimately I dont think I miss much, maybe like scarf hoopa/ash-gren but I can play around those. Tapu Lele hits like a noodle with Timid but I think the extra speed is nice on that, in comparison. Greninja is physical with Shadow Sneak, which gives me a form of speed control but also lures things like Celesteela (2HKO with Low Kick, shit's annoying) and Chansey to an extent. I really think Physical is the better set here for the ability to lure special walls that take on my offense core.

So this team was originally made around gengar.Gengar has awesome spa stat of 130 with a great speed of 110 and with the help of specs it can ohko things like tapu lele,tapu fini,tapu bulu etc.Where trick helps vs defensive mons like chansey.Here are some calcs:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele: 348-410 (123.8 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 336-396 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 338-398 (83.6 - 98.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So next of I paired up Gengar with rocky helmet lando.Lando helps gengar get past bulky steel and rocks types,such as assault vest magnezone,cb ttar etc.It can also beat faster ground types than gengar such as dugtrio.It is also a good rocker and a slow pivot arguably the best mon of the ou tier.

At this stage i found that we are weak to Ash greninja so as a way to beat it we put assault vest tangrowth.Assault vest tangrowth is also a switchin to lele,tapu koko etc.

So i wanted a scarfer at this point.Seeing that we are weak to Volcarona and having alot of ground resists,i thought scarf nihilego will be the best scarfer for this team.Scarf nihilego hits so hard revenging so many mons with its awesome movepool.

Since I got 4 mons already with no set up sweepers i thought that scizor could be the right choice here.Scizor helps versus a lot of mons like scarf lele locked into psychic or moonblast,other scizors lando,magearna Etc.It can also 1v1 mega metagross which is a huge threat in this tier and to this team.

So finally i wanted a magnezone counter that can resists water.My friend no1syb0y suggested me to use gastrodon at this point.Gastrodon beats things like magnezone,rotom-w etc.

Mega charizard x almost 6-0es this team.My only way to beat is by beating it with lando.

Also has potential to 6-0 this team.Nihilego is the only way to make it not 6-0 me.

This stupid stallish thing and his friends also gives me some trouble due the fact that i lack offensive set up sweepers.

GanGeet (Gengar) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

L.G.B.T (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Top Ramen (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Runner horse (Nihilego) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Electrozor (Scizor) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Gastric (Gastrodon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

Gengar @ Ghostium Z/ Fightium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute/Taunt

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Night Slash
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Despite not having levitate, Gengar is still a fun, viable pokemon to use in OU. With a Z-move, it hits incredibly hard and can turn late-game sweeping into mid-game sweeping. Both Z moves have come in handy depending on the situation, so it really just depends on whether or not you think that more specific, ultra powerful fighting coverage is better than the blanket neutral hitting ghost coverage. This team is designed to present a number of threats to the opponent that can kill whatever out-speeds Gengar so it can sweep. Most of the pokemon also don't take sand damage which is quite nice.

Gengar: Like I said, the z move is up to preference. The first three moves are Gengar's classic coverage moves. The final move depends on whether or not you wan to substitute on switches to get that extra hit, or taunt opposing bulky pokemon that can live a hit and then start setting up. Taunt is especially good for Trick Room.

Kartana: That powerful leaf blade is super helpful versus pokemon like Tapu Fini, Gastrodon, Greninja, Tyranitar etc. Kartana is really hard to stop once it gets going, and if it can't sweep a particular battle, it can usually provide necessary chip damage on 1-2 pokemon for Gengar to sweep.

Tapu Fini: An extremely helpful bulky switch-in and defogger, nature's madness is an extremely useful move to fire off in order to prepare for Gengar.

Celesteela: I may have missed that round, but I still love using offensive Celesteela when I get the chance. Air slash, flash cannon and flamethrower provide fantastic coverage. It can come in and beat a lot of those bulky steel types Gengar hates like magnezone, ferrothorn, and mega scizor. After one autonomize, those Tapus had better watch out, because Celesteela becomes a huge threat. It can also live a +2 Sucker from Mega Mawile at full, and Flamethrower 2HKOs.

Hippowdon: A very underrated pokemon in this meta. It may not be able to do much to the common Stealth Rockers offensively, but they can't usually do anything to it either. It is a nice blanket PhysDef switch in, and Whirlwind helps keep pokemon from setting up.

Excadrill: Sand Rush Excadrill outspeeds and beats just about every pokemon that Gengar needs off the field. If you can keep sand up relatively consistently, the game should be yours. I find the hardest thing about using it with this team is predicting iron head vs earthquake, not finding opportunities to get up sand. If you find that you need those extra three turns, smooth rock could be useful on Hippowdon, but I usually appreciate the rocky helmet chip more.

I have a very adaptive play style when using this team. This team has so many threats, even though usually only one or two do most of the work in a specific battle. I find that against bulky offense, getting the first kill can be a bit challenging. Once one of the opposing team's pokemon falls, however, the teams seems to unravel extremely quickly. If you make sure to save the one or two pokemon you see will do the most work in team preview, this team isn't too hard to use.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Signal Beam
- Substitute

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- High Jump Kick

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Reversal

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psychic

So I knew I wanted ghostspam from the start, so I threw a team together. I came up with:

I then proceeded to get annihilated in a test against Team Pokepals. The team pretty much auto-lost to MMaw, and got hammered by opposing Gengar. So I completely revamped it to:

This became the beta to the current team (I would later switch out Defog Kartana, mostly cus Kartana is ass. I intially went Starmie, but Latios helps with MVenu, which is a bit of a problem otherwise...they're fairly interchangeable tho). P-Z replaced Mimikyu as a much more consistent Ghost sweeper, and also was capable of punishing Specs-locked Gengar. Dugtrio was needed to avoid getting annihalated by MMaw, who is a tad bit retarded atm. I also switched Mosa's item to Scarf, to avoid being obliterated instantly by Lele and get a secondary sweeper.

Pros: Ghost-type is unbelievably hard to switch in to in the current meta, and stacking Ghosts results in easy sweeps. The team can be pretty easy to use, especially considering that 4 of the members are capable of individually sweeping. And the best part? It pretty well fucks stall.

Cons: Your hazard control is total shit. Dugtrio is an inconsistent setter, and you have somewhat inconsistent removal - although, that's pretty much every team that lacks Fini (<--not that fantastic a mon anyways). The team can also require a degree of prediction, seeing as how you have 2 Choice mons. And if you face Rain, you're probably in for a world of hurt.

Overall, give it a try, it's pretty straightforward. Just click Shadow Ball as much as possible and you'll be all right :P

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Mystical Fire
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Ghostspam. I built this around Gengar+Mismagius because nothing resists ghost and two ghosts are better than one. Next, AV Magearna dealt with greninja and other dark types. Lando is lando, not much to say there. Greninja's set is weird but it checks Mega Metagross and weakens Koko. Finally chomp was added as a scizor check. team is probably dogshit but it looks cool so whatever.

you have until the 15th to vote for the best team!

Last edited:
Great minds think alike with this one (for the record, I had no idea abr's team existed. You know, the one with the cores we're seeing on half the teams here including mine lol). That said, Team 6 is pretty sweet.

Alright im now ending this round. the winner of the 5th round with 10 votes is team 6 made by Ramses! Thank you to everyone who participated.

Now its time to start round 6:

the challenge for this round is to build around Zygarde 50%. you have until the 21st of march to build.

OP and title will be edited shortly

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang / Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zygarde @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
saw someone say maw+ash ninja was nice in the ou room one day so i thought ok let's give that a go. i used 4 attacks maw then passed the team to bludz who made it sd, preference i guess. threw on the standard knock spikes ferro (staple on teams w ash ninja that i make) to remove items from amoong, tang (big one), and opposing ferro whilst taking advantage of them by laying up spikes. max spdef because i don't trust rain teams or opposing greninja. keldeo is the best scarfer in the tier rn so i put that on the team to rkill every that the defensive core of ferro+lando can't handle, also provides a nice means with which to scout ninjas and a secondary dark resist as to not get swept by mawile. needed rocks+ground immune and some way of grabbing momentum to get in mawile vs the likes of fini and tang etc so the obligatory lando was next on the squad. hp ice to not lose to opposing zygarde and to weaken lando for mawile and the god in the 6th spot. ok so this slot is basically perfect, dd sitrus zygarde gave the team a wincon that has incredible synergy with the other offensive members whilst also providing neato defensive utility in a zardy and volcarona check. some iffy matchups include mega venu (spike the fuck up) and msciz (either fang it if ur aoa maw or pressure it into range of ninja/keld if sd), but they're nothin that can't be outplayed. the obvious metagross mosa and all that good shit remains broken vs this too. oh also mpins beats all teams that i build so it's whatever.
also fuck vertex shit isnt weak to av tang. putting MY team on blast in his vid without giving props to the original builder. u lay up hazards and the whole fuckin team pressures it.

yeah ok cool have fun.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Power Whip

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed

EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
Keld + Meta cause it's really good. spikes ferro is amazing, lando is lando. Ferro + Scarf keld handles Greninja and Ashgren very well. Zygarde adds extra CharY/Volc check + win con vs bulky team and stall. Zygarde + Gengar is rlly cool cause you can nuke grass types that bother Keldeo and Zygarde. Meta is BP cause Gengar gets trapped so phero gets a boost and wins. Pivot with Keld and Ferro vs Gren, pivot with Ferro + Lando vs Metagross. pick a sac vs mosa. Click x vs Azumarill the king
Got Dugtrio reqs with it and RMT'd it here although it's changed a bit. (a lot)

EDIT: Replays... easiest game of my life... mence offense... more offense... even more offense

Last edited:

Fairy Spam + Offensive Coil Zygarde

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Trick Room

EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 36 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

So, I decided to make a team around a fairy spam core being TR Magearna + Mega Mawile. I posted about this core before in the OU Good Cores forum here. Anyways, the way it works is that these two monsters wear down fairy resists until one wins under TR (since both benefit). I chose defensive Lando next since it gives me a ground immune + rocks. It can also get in Magearna/Mawile with a slow U-Turn. I next added Scarf Gengar, as it gives my team some speed. It also serves as a decent check to Pheromosa. Trick lets me screw over a defensive mon on stall/balance, like Chansey. Psychic or Destiny Bond can be used over this, so that you can either hit venusaur (which walls this team), or end a set up mon's potential sweep. The original version of this team had LO AoA Protea Greninja, as on that version I had a Toxapex to beat Pheromosa. I changed it because I wanted some speed + no one runs real ghost resists atm. Next I chose Zygarde. I originally had Toxapex here, but I needed a way to pressure Celesteela, while still checking Volc/Zard Y/Tran. I chose to use the Offensive Coil set that False. created (I think). Link to the explanation on the spread and such is here. This mon allows me to break down Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Magearna, and still checks Zard Y/Volc/Tran (as stated earlier). The last mon I put on was AV Tangrowth. This gives me a good answer to Tapu Koko and Ash Greninja, which heavily pressured or flat out beat the team so far. I chose Rock Slide over EQ because hitting Zard Y and Volc on the switch is just too nice to pass up on. Also, EQ is mainly for hitting Tran, which my team doesn't struggle with too much. It also doesn't really switch-in much due to the threat of EQ from prior experience. This team has trouble breaking bulky Grasses like Tang/M-Venu, but Magearna can muscle past Phys. Def versions and Mawile can break AV versions of the former, and Magearna + Zygarde can pressure the latter. Powerful wallbreakers like Alolawak, Specs Hoopa, and opposing M-Maw are hard to switch into, but this is the same for all teams tbh. EQ M-Pinsir can become an issue if Lando gets too overwhelmed. Gengar can be an issue, but non-scarf variants can be rkilled by my Gengar, while scarf variants has trouble breaking Magearna. Metagross is annoying. Keep gar around to rkill. Other than that, that's it for the team!

Have fun! :]

EDIT: Made some changes to the details in Gengar's explanation.

Last edited:

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

When MMawile was released I tried to make a trick room team with it, or rather I tried to slap it into my already existing tr team. That didn't work out. With Trick Room Magearna being a good mon by itself without the whole package I thought I'd add a TR MMawile too and keep building from there.

Next thing I wanted were spikes so I added Greninja because it would also give me a lot of momentum and it's just really good. I put hp fire and gunk shot on it and waited to see what my team would need for the last move.

Next thing I needed were stealth rocks and I felt like Lando-T was a no brainer for this one. The set is as standard as it gets. It can be changed to relaxed nature if the slow uturns are preferred over the fast hp ices.

Originally I had Assault Vest Torn-T on the next slot, and while it was a really good lead against pheromosa because you could get the kill with heat wave if they thought ice beam would kill or you could just safely u turn out, I was quite weak to Greninja, Keldeo and I just straight up got 6-0d by Mamoswine. With all that I decided to replace it with Mantine. It gave me a safe switchin to most Greninja sets, Keldeo, Pheromosa and Zard-Y, taking some pressure off Zygarde for that last one. It also gave me defog, and while I'm going to be setting up spikes too it can be quite nice.

For my last mon I wanted not to insta lose to stall so I went with a standard Sub Coil Zygarde. The set used is the one on the Smogon analysis. It also gave me another answer to Zard-Y and a way to kind of deal with Venusaur.

I decided on water shuriken as the last move for Greninja because the team was quite slow so I wanted a way to better deal with double dance Lando, Volcarona, scarf users, Koko and Pheromosa.

With double hazards, 2 ground move users, Gren and Mantine I didn't think heatran would be too much of a problem and that's why hp fire > focus blast on Magearna. It also helps to have a reliable way to 2HKO Mega Metagross withouth having to use the Z-Move.

Mawile is fire fang/thunder punch over SD because many times some damage is just enough for Magearna/Greninja to finish the job. The min speed and 0 speed ivs help a lot in the TR matchup and to sweep under TR overall. The extra bulk is also nice.

The team functions well in that both the Trick Room component and the Gren/Zygarde can sweep and help the other one sweep.

You want to look out for Mega Metagross, as you don't have anything that's a safe switching. You can pivot around it to scout it's moveset though. A big threat is Mega Venusaur. There's nothing to hit it hard. Hazards and Zygarde can eventually do the job though. Mamoswine still hurts a lot, as the only thing you have that it can't hit super effectively is 2HKO'd by icicle crash.

I know the team is quite similar to the one posted before but I'd say the spikes, hazard removal, and having mildly different sets on some of the mons justify the inclusion of this team too.

Replays:

Against BP (Torn-T + Adamant Zyg version of the team):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-547759320

Against Offense:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-547871844

Against Shed Stall:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-547879316

Against HO:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-547838626

Annelita.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 212 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 128 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Grassium Z
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot
- Superpower
- U-turn

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Hoopa-Unbound @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
IVs: 0
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

This time the choosen is Zygarde. Well, it gives a lot of play and l've thought of something more balanced and not so offensive. His best partner and mega is Scizor who gives me support against ice spam like Weavile or Mamoswine , in addition to fairy type. Rotom-W by the volturn core and are well covered. I needed something for bulky water and fire type. TornadusT I came up with this because I thought a great idea, you can eliminate Rotom-W / Tran & Ttar. Preserve Uturn. LandorusT Rocky Helmet is great option and SR user. Toxic is viable option for bulky pokemon. Finally, Shed Shell Hoopa Unbound for Dugtrio anti meta. Bye bye (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)